criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Dec 12 update feedback.

shutpath_xbox
69 posts Member
edited December 2018
You know.. Sometimes I wish everyone on these forums was a little bit more professional, because if DICE/EA was to get more in touch with this community, they could expect a lot of hate and controversy where they don't always deserve it.

well.. it is how it is. I'm just here to post my honest opinion, and the future looks bright!

The Dec 12 update was hella good!
This is what updates should be like.
Just overall improvements and epic additions like the skin for Obi-Wan and his animations!

Not to change things that nobody asked for ^^

Stamina UI is way better.

LOVE the teaser about the combat overhaul !!! I think everyone has been saying the combat is kinda dull and needed change.
Armored clone officers have been requested for long as well.

I have to say I got a bit scared of updates after the implementation of that stupid squad system..
(It ruined alot of the game for me)

But with more updates like these it will not have been in vain.

KEEP LISTENING TO YOUR FANS!
And thanks for reading.

<3

Replies

• OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    You know.. Sometimes I wish everyone on these forums was a little bit more professional.
    What's the point of being professional when there's nothing to really talk about. The developers or F8RGE rarely come here and most of the long standing players like me have already made our big imaginative threads only to watch them fade off the board.

There's no point in being "professional" when you get no recognition or reward. @Elusive_DJ can make a ginormous hero thread with a TON of content and suggestions on Hero design, balancing, gameplay, and reworks and it gets barely any replies before it fades off the board

Meanwhile a person on twitter types 25 words about how cool Ashoka is and they get a like or reply
    This is what updates should be like.
    I'm going to say something nobody here would expect, I would agree. The UI changes to have roll counts are unneeded but cute, and I actually don't mind the new stamina bar.

However, this is a completely disappointing and useless update as the past several months have been. Hero game-play is absolutely abysmal at this point, HVV has reached a point of critical mass where I can barely even find any joy in it's game-play anymore. The light-side has been vastly overshadowed in HVV since they tweaked the roll system the Dark Side has just button mashed their way to victory for untold months

What do they do to correct this? They listen to THE DARK SIDE and NERF Chewbacca. I absolutely agree that Chewbacca needed to be smacked down hard he was boring, way too strong, and obnoxious but he was a necessary evil that gave the Light-Side a chance to win. They just went and nerfed him without even TOUCHING Villains like Iden or Kylo who for months have had stuns FAR worse than his and with significantly more firepower

Guillaiume has continued to persist in not touching any of these game-play factors and I really have no more patience for it. I've waited months for some balance changes and they have yet to come.
    Just overall improvements and epic additions like the skin for Obi-Wan and his animations!
    These are minor fixes and a minor addition they should not be treated as content or a major thing. (Still waiting on Hooded Maul by the way)
    LOVE the teaser about the combat overhaul !!! I think everyone has been saying the combat is kinda dull and needed change.
    Which contains a good thing such as no more stagger and a heap of really, really, bad ideas. Plus it's a TEASER do you know how tired I am of hearing "Soon" after a YEAR?
    Armored clone officers have been requested for long as well.
    A bit too late to really care at this point but it's nice

@F8RGE Can you please tell us if in addition to the saber combat changes the Light and Dark Side Heroes will be getting some stat changes as well?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • shutpath_xbox
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    There's no point in being "professional" when you get no recognition or reward.
    Well it's still very important we give our honest constuctive feedback!
    But yes, The recognition would be nice..
    Meanwhile a person on twitter types 25 words about how cool Ashoka is and they get a like or reply
    I know right, I hate this too..
    this is a completely disappointing and useless update as the past several months have been.
    On that I highly disagree!
    This update mightve been minor changes but any "good" content and fixes are 100% welcome, not to forget they fixed the score-glitch, if they didnt patch that fast this game would've been in big trouble.
    Guillaiume has continued to persist in not touching any of these game-play factors and I really have no more patience for it. I've waited months for some balance changes and they have yet to come
    Don't forget that them listening to us is a privilege, not a right. They don't have to update anything, so I'm happy with the attention the game is getting!
    (Still waiting on Hooded Maul by the way)
    ME TOO! can't wait for it!
    (Armored clone officers have been requested for long as well)
    A bit too late to really care at this point but it's nice
    It's never too late to enjoy new content.
    @F8RGE Can you please tell us if in addition to the saber combat changes the Light and Dark Side Heroes will be getting some stat changes as well?
    [/quote]
    I think I read somewhere they are gonna look into hero stats, not sure, I'm personally OK with most hero stats!
    Maybe small tweaks are needed.
  • It was one skin, fixes for a hero that was released bugged and then some intro art for Geonosis.

I mean, it was necessary but it was nothing to write home about.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • DarthJ
    6139 posts Member

Don't forget that them listening to us is a privilege, not a right. They don't have to update anything, so I'm happy with the attention the game is getting!

This is the kind of attitude though that leads to the devs or anyone there thinking the same, no offence OP. When someone asks them to go a bit quicker or release content and they respond with things like 'come here and do it yourself if you think you can do it better' is just downright poor customer service. If I did that in my workplace I would be gone within a week.

We bought the product which was half finished as is, so the privilege is us buying the product, not them listening to us. We have a right to raise concerns and they have a right to listen, that is not a privilege.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Billkwando
    1459 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    DarthJ wrote: »
    This is the kind of attitude....

Yeah, Overwatch wouldn't be as huge as it is if they they ignored player feedback. Listening to player feedback isn't doing players a favor, it's a requirement to keeping an online multiplayer game alive.

Per EA, this game was supposed to be a "Live Service". That turned out to be a huge joke, but listening to player feedback, at least in the selective and minimal way they often do now, is the least they can do after hugely overpromising, then underdelivering, on this game.

I guess Live Service is secretly synonymous with "money printer". Once they figured out they didn't have the latter, there was no way they were ever going to give us the former, promises or not.

Rainbow Six Siege delivers 2 new characters and a new map, like clockwork, every three months (along with major gameplay tweaks, UI changes, reworking maps, and listening to feedback the whole way). Yes, they sell season passes, but that's not the point. EA and Star Wars are both massive. Try stopping folks on the street and asking them if they've ever heard of Star Wars, and then try asking them if they've ever heard of Tom Clancy. I guarantee Star Wars will win.

EA chose to put this game on minimal life support, drip-feed content, right out of the gate. They could do better, they just don't want to.

I'm happy for updates always, but objectively, these updates are terrible.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Now these sly people have disabled the mega feedback thread for matchmaking being bumped up, is that professional ? Ignore the community, ignore the issues, not even an explanation, is that professional ?

People get mad and angry cause we do what they say fill in feedback and what do we get, nothing that what, no help, no idea when it's gonna be fixed not a fing thing, is that professional ?

Disabling content for days 3-4 maps only cause matchmaking broke rotation is that professional ?

Took them 1 week to remove spawn points on the big exploit glitch, I ask the OP is that professional ?
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    They could do better, they just don't want to.

No, more like the game hasn’t and still doesn’t make enough money to make them want to continue to invest in the game

Business head on we would all do the same

• Lee1981 wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »

No, more like the game hasn’t and still doesn’t make enough money to make them want to continue to invest in the game

The unfortunate truth.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

The unfortunate truth.
    Yes it’s their own fault

They have made some catastrophic errors, and deserve what they get, however if I was them I would not be adding anything more to the game if I wasn’t making money

That’s what everyone is in it for at the end of the day

Yes, because they put all their eggs in the microtransation basket, and said basket got kicked down a hill by Reddit. That was not, and never will be, our problem.

If they're too scared, because of potential backlash or Disney contractual obligations, to move to a season pass model, that also isn't our problem.

Rainbow Six also has TONS of skins. EA wanted so badly to nickle and dime us on microtransactions, and they can't even do that right. How many times have we asked for additional skins for characters sorely lacking them, such a Luke Skywalker?

Knowing our luck, instead we'd get a 5th Chewbacca skin, where he's wearing a poker dealer's visor or something....or Leia in tracksuit.

EA just takes what wouldn't even be a year's worth of content in most games, and tries to stretch it out to two, so they can fulfill their contractual obligations to the bare minimum, and move on to their new hope for another Star Wars game that will be cash cow.

Yes it's business, but you can't burn the SW fanbase and expect to retain good will for the next game.

What happened to the Solo movie WILL almost certainly happen to the next SW game, if they continue to string along the Star Wars fanbase.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • After the launch debacle, they never tried to adjust and make money via skins etc. Instead they pulled resources.
  • Blinker wrote: »
    Now these sly people have disabled the mega feedback thread for matchmaking being bumped up, is that professional ? Ignore the community, ignore the issues, not even an explanation, is that professional ?

People get mad and angry cause we do what they say fill in feedback and what do we get, nothing that what, no help, no idea when it's gonna be fixed not a fing thing, is that professional ?

Disabling content for days 3-4 maps only cause matchmaking broke rotation is that professional ?

Took them 1 week to remove spawn points on the big exploit glitch, I ask the OP is that professional ?

Great post. Wonder when the extraction thread gets the same treatment as the matchmaking megathread. I hope the fact it's still around means something.
  • The update is piece of ****