criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Account Sync Questions

Tomorrow I might be getting a PS3 Super Slim, and eventually I plan on getting a PS4 and a copy of Battlefront II for that system, so I figured that since I might be setting up my account to mario I was wondering if I use the same email and password for my Playstation account, will it automatically link the EA accounts? (well maybe not automatically, but I just have to enter the details and that's that, I ask because entering a slightly different password for my EA account changed my Xbox password to reflect the new one, so I figured having it aligned from the get go would avoid extra fuss.)
There's more I'd like to add, but I already asked it before.
Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
#JoinTheBuzz

Replies

• I forgot to mention that I want my PS Account to have a different username.
    P.S. I got the Super Slim this morning.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • The PS3 Super Slim will be set up tomorrow.
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • So, I overslept again and the PS3 will be set up tomorrow.
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Today's the day.
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • I searched a thread I remembered might have the answer, and it seems to be that the EA account and the Playstation account can have separate usernames.
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • IIPrest0nII
    3259 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Your EA Account and PSN will have different name. When you launched the game, go to Multiplayer mode and the game will ask you to login or create an EA Account. Login with your EA Account and your PSN will be linked to your EA Account. The game uses your PSN name, not EA.

And note that you also should have PS + Subscription for multiplayer.
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • EA_Cian
    1138 posts EA Moderator
    Going to add to this and link this article on account linking: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/.

Hope that helps. :smile:
  • Thank you!
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Oh, on a different note, the PS3 is set up, but it has problems. Hopefully they will be resolved though.
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Oh, I had another one awhile ago but forgot to ask.
    Can you link two emails to the same EA account?
    #JoinTheBuzz