criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero and Villain balance improvements my suggested buffs and nerfs for HvV and GA

unit900000
2623 posts Member
edited November 2018
im going to list in my option what needs to be buffed and nerfed for heroes and villains in HvV and GA feel free to comment on what you think of my changes.

first thing I want to get out of the way is all heroes should have health on kill by default no star cards needed and none of this needing to kill someone with an ability either.

Light Side

Luke: His force push damage should be increased by 20 when used on a villain and his repulse should have its damaged increased by 20 as well but this increase will be in general so increased damage when used on both troopers and villains and when repulse is used while in the animation he should have a 50% damage reduction. that is all for Luke he is the main hero I play and I have no problem with him the way he is now when fighting other villains you just have to know how to combo all of his abilitys and he is perfectly fine vs troopers.

Han: Han is really good for both GA and HvV he is one of the more balanced heroes but I find his sharpshooter to leave him to immobile I think he should be able to combat roll while using sharpshooter but thats really the only change he needs imo.

Leia: Give her officers flash grenade the one before this update that stuns your mobility.

Chewy: Just revert the Chewy nerf it wasn't needed and he will be fine in GA if they just give him health on any kill instead of needing to kill with charge slam I used to think it would make him OP in GA but Maul has one so at that point might as well give everyone one.

Finn: Regular health on kill and let him sprint when using big deal.

Lando: Only thing it feels like Lando needs is a buff on is his smoke grenade maybe just make it way bigger so it covers a large area this could setup an ambush really well if it was much taller and wider of an area (just do this by default instead of buffing the card that makes it bigger and rework that card into something else)

Yoda: Buff his presence so that it removes any stun effects from all allies near him as well.

Obi: I think hes fine but he might possibly need a small buff to his mind trick duration but there is a card for that so its to early to tell.

Rey: perfectly fine though maybe bring back the ability to hit people through block with dash strike.

Dark Side

Vader: main issue is his Choke into saber throw combo being to powerful in HvV im not sure what to really do with this I guess you could make it so in HvV you cant use his saber throw until X amount of seconds after you used choke.

Palps: his damage with his basic attack vs heroes is insane especially if you combo it with chain lightning his basic attacks damage on heroes needs to be lowered some but keep the damage vs troopers the same.

Boba: if it would be possible buff Boba in GA but leave him as is in HvV this is mainly buffs I think he needs for GA. make it so when for the hunt is active he cant be knocked out of the air by explosives of any kind and buff his HP to around 600-650 GA ONLY.

Phasma: regular heal on kill and bring back the knockdown for the 1st and 2nd hit of her staff strikes and make it so her droid is gone the second she dies. for GA give allies around her some health from survivor as well.

Iden: seriously I dont even know shes just all kinds of OP lmao main things I guess would be to increase her droids cool down some and lower her shields health. im on the fence on rather or not her secondary fire needs to be nerfed I mean you can just move so you dont get spammed by it so.

Grievous: Buff his blocking stamina hes to weak vs anything with a blaster right now.

Maul: give his saber throw a homing effect.

Kylo: his freeze needs to be undone once an enemy has taken around 150 to 200 damage. Frenzy is to strong it does to much damage and is hard to escape at least before this patch broke it anyway. make frenzy a buff that boosts attack speed slightly, no stamina drain , gives him damage reduction, and makes it so his light saber strikes drain 25% more stamina then normal and you can also make it so he is immune to stagger as well when hitting a blocking opponent though thats a thing all ready sense the Grievous update but im going to assume thats a glitch for now unless stated otherwise. this Frenzy rework idea might be to overloaded but its hard to say.

Bossk: hes fine as is.

Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
Post edited by unit900000 on

Replies

  • another suggestion would be to give the light side a jet pack hero maybe sabine or rex.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • @T0TALfps you asked me before what I had in mind I went and made a thread hopefully I can get some eyes on this.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • I like your Yoda buff and I have actually thought about it a few times. It seems odd that he can save himself but not the others and it is quite selfish coming from Yoda.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    I like your Yoda buff and I have actually thought about it a few times. It seems odd that he can save himself but not the others and it is quite selfish coming from Yoda.

    Ya it would be amazing for HvV.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Theres been alot of these threads going around lately and ive been ignoring it since DICE seems to not listen to balancing logic from their players who play 100 times more than they do but let me put in my 2 cents here since you are for the most part on the right track.

    -Boba Fett, the buff would be a terrible idea. He's already to hard to hit, he doesn't always get knocked out of the sky as it is and he needs to have the lowest health pool since his mobility makes him near untouchable to jedi players and his barrage is capable of doing 600+ damage. Boba fett is arguably the most powerful villain in HvV in the right hands, buffing him for people who are not as good will only tip the scale even further.

    -Bossk isn't fine his mines should only start to go on cooldown once at least one of them detonates. Having 2 sets of mines that do i believe 710 damage when put back to back is to much as it is, for GA purposes especially.

    -General Grevious, a Grevious who tries to deflect a barrage of blaster bolts is not a smart grevious. He has 2 gap closing abilities, claw rush being extremely effective and deadly at the same time, his damage output is ridiculous. You need to be playing him more like maul and less like rey. Grevious is capable of dispatching any jedi in 1 on 1 face to face combat with more ease than they will have trying to kill him.

    -Chewie, the nerf was needed, although it was needed AFTER the darkside saw significant nerfs, some of which you listed.

    -vader choke throw combo
    -kylo freeze
    -palpatine damage

    are all massive offenders in hvv for throwing off the balance.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Thank god garbage suggestions like this don't make it into the game.
  • hsf_
    1618 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Boba: make it so when for the hunt is active he cant be knocked out of the air by explosives of any kind and buff his HP to around 600-650.

    No, no, no, no, no, no. There NEEDS to be a counter to his consistent flying away. The other night I actually tested how long I could stay away from the enemy as the target, I looked at my clock, it was 9:15pm, when I died it was 9:42.
  • Theres been alot of these threads going around lately and ive been ignoring it since DICE seems to not listen to balancing logic from their players who play 100 times more than they do but let me put in my 2 cents here since you are for the most part on the right track.

    -Boba Fett, the buff would be a terrible idea. He's already to hard to hit, he doesn't always get knocked out of the sky as it is and he needs to have the lowest health pool since his mobility makes him near untouchable to jedi players and his barrage is capable of doing 600+ damage. Boba fett is arguably the most powerful villain in HvV in the right hands, buffing him for people who are not as good will only tip the scale even further.

    -Bossk isn't fine his mines should only start to go on cooldown once at least one of them detonates. Having 2 sets of mines that do i believe 710 damage when put back to back is to much as it is, for GA purposes especially.

    -General Grevious, a Grevious who tries to deflect a barrage of blaster bolts is not a smart grevious. He has 2 gap closing abilities, claw rush being extremely effective and deadly at the same time, his damage output is ridiculous. You need to be playing him more like maul and less like rey. Grevious is capable of dispatching any jedi in 1 on 1 face to face combat with more ease than they will have trying to kill him.

    -Chewie, the nerf was needed, although it was needed AFTER the darkside saw significant nerfs, some of which you listed.

    -vader choke throw combo
    -kylo freeze
    -palpatine damage

    are all massive offenders in hvv for throwing off the balance.

    Boba: he needs this buff badly for GA but dieing dont matter that much in HvV unless your the target so if they would just do this for GA id be fine with it but I guess it could cause problems in HvV its a shame they dont balance the 2 modes differently.

    Bossk: I see what you mean im personally not bothered by it to much but I wouldn't mind if it only went into cool down after they exploded.

    Grievous: its just annoying not being able to do much vs a blaster hero if your abilitys are not up but as you said I guess I need to play him more as hit and run.

    Chewy: I dont think he needed a nerf and no one can change my mind on that one he is easy to predict and outplay.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Thank god garbage suggestions like this don't make it into the game.

    most of my suggestions are legit feel free to point out what you have a problem with. and to the people that have a problem with my boba suggestion I was mainly thinking more on the GA side of things but sadly this game isn't known for balancing HvV and GA differently ill edit my post to clear things up.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Boba needs another rocket barrage nerf and I like the idea of FTH preventing knockdown ONLY if they convert HVV to Hero Blast to prevent running/trolling ****. Fact of the matter is there’s no reason not to exploit the game like this, at least on console because there’s no way to report it or prevent it. The community is too toxic to allow a target system and that’s just facts after hundreds of hours playing this awful game. But anyway I’m pretty sure Boba had a health buff months ago. With those two changes, I think he’d be in a way better spot.

    Bossk’s mines need to go on cooldown after 2 mines go off with no card, 3 with the multi traps card. The damage also needs to be nerfed. Dioxis should stop immediately upon death. And honestly, lingering dioxis needs nerfed too. Sorry to imply Bossk isn’t the most balanced hero in known existence but if I’m being honest, he’s ridiculous damage-wise and needs to be adjusted.

    Vader needs needs to everything. Some damage tweaks, health or focused rage adjustments, a bit of stamina tweaks, and lightsaber throw cooldown increase. He needs to be brought more in line with every other saber in the game, not easily outclassing them just because he’s Vader. Also, choke should be avoidable when dodging/rolling. There’s no excuse for this.

    Kylo’s freeze should break on 200 dmg and only last the proper time which has been glitched since about 8 months ago. It lasts 5 seconds, and needs to last 3. Frenzy is completely unreliable when I use it but never seems to fail when other people use it so I honestly don’t know what to say about it. The ability shouldn’t be in the game in the first place because it attacks for you.

    Maul’s saber throw doesn’t need tracking, it needs a better/functioning hit box. Also they need to fix this delay between ability/dodge/swings and such. Maul suffers the most because of it and he’s left standing around waiting for his abilities to queue up and work. This isn’t World of Warcraft. Maul is fast paced, let him be playable when you’re fast paced. That includes the camera not glitching out and teleporting you everywhere because the game can’t keep up with your inputs.

    Palpatine needs his damage slightly lowered overall, and the addition of stagger to base attacks needs to be removed entirely. His hit box when dodging needs to be adjusted slightly because he’s practically impossible to hit with a saber if the Palpatine is competent. Electrocute duration needs to be lowered a bit.

    Iden’s droid batteries card is 60% cooldown reduction, not 25%. Fix this. Nerf her shield, and yes nerf her secondary significantly. You can move and so can Iden’s aim. Regular shooting damage needs to be lowered slightly, and stun needs to be shortened. Again there is no excuse for 1 stun doing 600+ damage to you while you’re unable to move. In general, sniping with Bossk/Iden feels off because of the third person camera but I doubt they’ll care to fix that anyway or frankly listen to the community in general. They won’t read this giant comment, I’m just giving my opinion here so that bad players (I mean respectable members of the community) can defend OP characters because that’s their only way to get kills and win. It is a casual game after all, and nothing is more casual than letting the game do half the work for you while you sip on a coffee.

    Back to my tangent. Phasma’s droid needs to stun less often, the health needs to be lowered a bit, it needs to disappear immediately when she dies, and the delay to regen health should be increased. If these things happen, I wouldn’t mind survivor giving a portion (like 50%) to nearby teammates.

    Grievous. What can I say, he rivals Vader as the most OP character in the entire game. Big and clunky, sure, but now Grievous doesn’t even need to attack you to kill you. Grievous players are running rampant in HVV blocking and taking 100+ hp per second for the entire match. Claw Rush hits multiple times still (even when logically it isn’t actually hitting you, sometimes he’s at the end of the animation coming out of it and still damaging you.) He does not need his double damage reverted. Again, it seems like only bad players want this. Who in their right mind thinks it’s fun to swing 3 times and kill multiple heroes? It’s like you want HVV to be like Arcade. Just, No. Fix this blatantly broken and overpowered character.

    Luke’s push/repulse are trash and only work half the time. I wouldn’t be opposed to some damage increases. Luke should have 250 max regen, and his run speed should be increased again to counter running cowards on DS. Again, Hero Blast helps too. Still don’t see that happening.

    Yoda’s push is more unreliable than Luke’s somehow. Fix this. Allow him to free teammates as well as himself, and allow him to buff teammates while dashing or being CC’d as it’s frustrating when I’m trying to buff people in a hectic match only to be thrown or pulled or frozen half a second before using the ability.

    Leia’s shield should be destroyed upon death or activating her ability again to remove it. Blind grenade should be like officer flash pre-patch. Secondary feels off still. You use it mid range to counter a blocking enemy and it won’t track, but you use it on an enemy across the map and it tracks just as easy as before. Don’t even get me started on how it tracks starfighters.

    Han is good now with HoK and can turn faster in sharpshooter thanks to Grievous’ unrelenting advance tweaks. Reactivating sharpshooter will cancel it and so far this has been fine if I need to start rolling. Fix the detonite audio/visual bug. Detonite may need a slight cooldown increase. People spam this way too much.

    Lando disabler needs nerfed. To think that Chewie got so much hate - and rightfully so - but you don’t nerf the other stun? Disabler can also result in 600+ hp lost before you can move. Nerf the duration, and nerf the radius slightly. Sharp shot cooldown needs to be increased as well, but the travel speed of the projectile should be 50% faster to make it actually worthwhile at hitting distant fast moving targets. It should not be a replacement for your primary.

    Chewie was nerfed pretty hard and people say it was unnecessary. As a “mediocre Chewbacca player” and frequent user of Chewie against toxic DS teams, I’ll admit he needed to be nerfed. But only after everything else I listed has happened to the dark side. This was a bad move on DICE’s part. He’s still very viable. But this nerf only proves that heroes should have regular HoK. The slam card just isn’t worth using at all.

    Rey’s dash strike shouldn’t turn your camera 180 degrees. The fact that it hasn’t been fixed in so long is ridiculous. That could be said about many things in this game, though. Survivor is the only HoK that maxes at 60. Why is this? I wouldn’t doubt someone messed up when putting the code in because there’s no logical explanation as to why hers should be less than any random Vader spamming his lightsaber doing massive damage and wiping teams. Buff Survivor.

    Finn’s deadeye dmg should be nerfed and primary dmg buffed. The primary weapon for Finn is trash, and the recoil should be lowered too. Give him a zoom swap like Phasma. One that’s similar to an ACOG for slight zoom to go with his ridiculous sniper zoom he has now. Deadeye cooldown should be increased considering his Big Deal reduces cooldowns anyway. Again, it’s called a primary for a reason. Stop relying on an aimbot to do all of your damage. If these changes happen, Finn should be able to run/sprint in Big Deal but a bit slower than regular sprint.

    Obi-Wan’s push is like every other push: Trash. Completely unreliable and gets you killed or damaged for using it on enemies that simply ignore it. So far the mind trick duration does seem short but we’ll have to wait and see how he shapes up. He seems decent so far, but not too strong.

    If you read this far without skipping through, congratulations.
  • meh, I'm almost at the point where I'd say don't touch it for fear of breaking it more. Last thing we need is another patch 1.2 to ruin what's left of the fun in the mode completely.

    HvV is unbalanced beyond any semblance of competitiveness, and DS comps faceroll LS comps, but it sort of works in a casual setting which is what this game is directed at, anyway.

    I say just remove the target system. DS no longer has a silly advantage at cheesing it with Boba/Maul, and there's no more incentive to hide in the glitch spots that DICE seemingly can't fix completely.

    You still have the problem of equal skill DS trouncing LS, but blueberry vs blueberry this often doesn't matter anyway.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Zepheon wrote: »
    Boba needs another rocket barrage nerf and I like the idea of FTH preventing knockdown ONLY if they convert HVV to Hero Blast to prevent running/trolling ****. Fact of the matter is there’s no reason not to exploit the game like this, at least on console because there’s no way to report it or prevent it. The community is too toxic to allow a target system and that’s just facts after hundreds of hours playing this awful game. But anyway I’m pretty sure Boba had a health buff months ago. With those two changes, I think he’d be in a way better spot.

    Bossk’s mines need to go on cooldown after 2 mines go off with no card, 3 with the multi traps card. The damage also needs to be nerfed. Dioxis should stop immediately upon death. And honestly, lingering dioxis needs nerfed too. Sorry to imply Bossk isn’t the most balanced hero in known existence but if I’m being honest, he’s ridiculous damage-wise and needs to be adjusted.

    Vader needs needs to everything. Some damage tweaks, health or focused rage adjustments, a bit of stamina tweaks, and lightsaber throw cooldown increase. He needs to be brought more in line with every other saber in the game, not easily outclassing them just because he’s Vader. Also, choke should be avoidable when dodging/rolling. There’s no excuse for this.

    Kylo’s freeze should break on 200 dmg and only last the proper time which has been glitched since about 8 months ago. It lasts 5 seconds, and needs to last 3. Frenzy is completely unreliable when I use it but never seems to fail when other people use it so I honestly don’t know what to say about it. The ability shouldn’t be in the game in the first place because it attacks for you.

    Maul’s saber throw doesn’t need tracking, it needs a better/functioning hit box. Also they need to fix this delay between ability/dodge/swings and such. Maul suffers the most because of it and he’s left standing around waiting for his abilities to queue up and work. This isn’t World of Warcraft. Maul is fast paced, let him be playable when you’re fast paced. That includes the camera not glitching out and teleporting you everywhere because the game can’t keep up with your inputs.

    Palpatine needs his damage slightly lowered overall, and the addition of stagger to base attacks needs to be removed entirely. His hit box when dodging needs to be adjusted slightly because he’s practically impossible to hit with a saber if the Palpatine is competent. Electrocute duration needs to be lowered a bit.

    Iden’s droid batteries card is 60% cooldown reduction, not 25%. Fix this. Nerf her shield, and yes nerf her secondary significantly. You can move and so can Iden’s aim. Regular shooting damage needs to be lowered slightly, and stun needs to be shortened. Again there is no excuse for 1 stun doing 600+ damage to you while you’re unable to move. In general, sniping with Bossk/Iden feels off because of the third person camera but I doubt they’ll care to fix that anyway or frankly listen to the community in general. They won’t read this giant comment, I’m just giving my opinion here so that bad players (I mean respectable members of the community) can defend OP characters because that’s their only way to get kills and win. It is a casual game after all, and nothing is more casual than letting the game do half the work for you while you sip on a coffee.

    Back to my tangent. Phasma’s droid needs to stun less often, the health needs to be lowered a bit, it needs to disappear immediately when she dies, and the delay to regen health should be increased. If these things happen, I wouldn’t mind survivor giving a portion (like 50%) to nearby teammates.

    Grievous. What can I say, he rivals Vader as the most OP character in the entire game. Big and clunky, sure, but now Grievous doesn’t even need to attack you to kill you. Grievous players are running rampant in HVV blocking and taking 100+ hp per second for the entire match. Claw Rush hits multiple times still (even when logically it isn’t actually hitting you, sometimes he’s at the end of the animation coming out of it and still damaging you.) He does not need his double damage reverted. Again, it seems like only bad players want this. Who in their right mind thinks it’s fun to swing 3 times and kill multiple heroes? It’s like you want HVV to be like Arcade. Just, No. Fix this blatantly broken and overpowered character.

    Luke’s push/repulse are trash and only work half the time. I wouldn’t be opposed to some damage increases. Luke should have 250 max regen, and his run speed should be increased again to counter running cowards on DS. Again, Hero Blast helps too. Still don’t see that happening.

    Yoda’s push is more unreliable than Luke’s somehow. Fix this. Allow him to free teammates as well as himself, and allow him to buff teammates while dashing or being CC’d as it’s frustrating when I’m trying to buff people in a hectic match only to be thrown or pulled or frozen half a second before using the ability.

    Leia’s shield should be destroyed upon death or activating her ability again to remove it. Blind grenade should be like officer flash pre-patch. Secondary feels off still. You use it mid range to counter a blocking enemy and it won’t track, but you use it on an enemy across the map and it tracks just as easy as before. Don’t even get me started on how it tracks starfighters.

    Han is good now with HoK and can turn faster in sharpshooter thanks to Grievous’ unrelenting advance tweaks. Reactivating sharpshooter will cancel it and so far this has been fine if I need to start rolling. Fix the detonite audio/visual bug. Detonite may need a slight cooldown increase. People spam this way too much.

    Lando disabler needs nerfed. To think that Chewie got so much hate - and rightfully so - but you don’t nerf the other stun? Disabler can also result in 600+ hp lost before you can move. Nerf the duration, and nerf the radius slightly. Sharp shot cooldown needs to be increased as well, but the travel speed of the projectile should be 50% faster to make it actually worthwhile at hitting distant fast moving targets. It should not be a replacement for your primary.

    Chewie was nerfed pretty hard and people say it was unnecessary. As a “mediocre Chewbacca player” and frequent user of Chewie against toxic DS teams, I’ll admit he needed to be nerfed. But only after everything else I listed has happened to the dark side. This was a bad move on DICE’s part. He’s still very viable. But this nerf only proves that heroes should have regular HoK. The slam card just isn’t worth using at all.

    Rey’s dash strike shouldn’t turn your camera 180 degrees. The fact that it hasn’t been fixed in so long is ridiculous. That could be said about many things in this game, though. Survivor is the only HoK that maxes at 60. Why is this? I wouldn’t doubt someone messed up when putting the code in because there’s no logical explanation as to why hers should be less than any random Vader spamming his lightsaber doing massive damage and wiping teams. Buff Survivor.

    Finn’s deadeye dmg should be nerfed and primary dmg buffed. The primary weapon for Finn is trash, and the recoil should be lowered too. Give him a zoom swap like Phasma. One that’s similar to an ACOG for slight zoom to go with his ridiculous sniper zoom he has now. Deadeye cooldown should be increased considering his Big Deal reduces cooldowns anyway. Again, it’s called a primary for a reason. Stop relying on an aimbot to do all of your damage. If these changes happen, Finn should be able to run/sprint in Big Deal but a bit slower than regular sprint.

    Obi-Wan’s push is like every other push: Trash. Completely unreliable and gets you killed or damaged for using it on enemies that simply ignore it. So far the mind trick duration does seem short but we’ll have to wait and see how he shapes up. He seems decent so far, but not too strong.

    If you read this far without skipping through, congratulations.

    Just commenting on the stuff i disagree with. General grievous players are running rampant though just holding block & waiting for you to get staggered. Now landos shock without putting the card on that increases it is small & should not be touched. Secondly it is so easy to avoid his stun he's the last person i would worry about. Sharpshot is fine as it is the time it takes to come back is good in galactic assault it's what 10 seconds & it can be block by everyone with a saber.

    Finns deadeye should never be touched again. They nerfed it into the ground & nerfing it further would destroy him in galactic assault. His gun is also pretty decent it's not close to bring trash & does decent damage & practically no recoil already. His aimbot is his only saving grace in GA so it's fine as it is. He could use a buff for his main gun seeing as how the assault el16 is better.

    Han as a han main he's fine he is one of the most balanced characters in the game & nerfing his detonite charge is a no go. You can't spam it it comes back every 18 seconds. It's not like kylo's 8 second frenzy or vaders 8 second saber throw or idens 6 second shock. Never ever ever talk about touching han how dare you.


    Also as a vader main noooooooooooooooo. The cool down should stay as it is it's amazing for galactic assault & increasing the time is not the way to go. His damage is also fine he does 120 & 140 with rage perfect seeing as how yoda does similar damage it's fine & obi wan does 130 & 150 from behind rey also does 130 damage with insight & anakin for sure is gonna have similar numbers. 3 saber heros have similar damage output as far as base saber damage. His health is also you cannot nerf his health without ruining him in GA when it's easy to dispatch vader so no big fat no. What needs ti be nerfed his rage, the time it takes to come back is to quick & the recharge should be at least 22 seconds. You should also be able to dodge his force choke. Lastly, his stamina should be similar to lukes he can block forever but with nerfing how long he can block he should be able to attack more at least 11 swings.
  • Theres been alot of these threads going around lately and ive been ignoring it since DICE seems to not listen to balancing logic from their players who play 100 times more than they do but let me put in my 2 cents here since you are for the most part on the right track.

    -Boba Fett, the buff would be a terrible idea. He's already to hard to hit, he doesn't always get knocked out of the sky as it is and he needs to have the lowest health pool since his mobility makes him near untouchable to jedi players and his barrage is capable of doing 600+ damage. Boba fett is arguably the most powerful villain in HvV in the right hands, buffing him for people who are not as good will only tip the scale even further.

    -Bossk isn't fine his mines should only start to go on cooldown once at least one of them detonates. Having 2 sets of mines that do i believe 710 damage when put back to back is to much as it is, for GA purposes especially.

    -General Grevious, a Grevious who tries to deflect a barrage of blaster bolts is not a smart grevious. He has 2 gap closing abilities, claw rush being extremely effective and deadly at the same time, his damage output is ridiculous. You need to be playing him more like maul and less like rey. Grevious is capable of dispatching any jedi in 1 on 1 face to face combat with more ease than they will have trying to kill him.

    -Chewie, the nerf was needed, although it was needed AFTER the darkside saw significant nerfs, some of which you listed.

    -vader choke throw combo
    -kylo freeze
    -palpatine damage

    are all massive offenders in hvv for throwing off the balance.

    I can definitely get behind this post if it includes TonyGoombah's revisions above. I don't see many people play Bossk in HvV, other than mayself, so I'd hate to see the mines get "fixed" lol, but that's just my own greedy opinion.
    Also, if Han can roll with Sharpshooter on, Finn should also be able to roll when he takes out his pistol (forget the name of the ability, but its the Right Bumper on console). Unless i'm totally messing it up, i'm pretty sure he's unable to at the moment. And I love the realization that the Chewie nerf would have been ok if the DS had received slight nerf too.
  • Theres been alot of these threads going around lately and ive been ignoring it since DICE seems to not listen to balancing logic from their players who play 100 times more than they do but let me put in my 2 cents here since you are for the most part on the right track.

    -Boba Fett, the buff would be a terrible idea. He's already to hard to hit, he doesn't always get knocked out of the sky as it is and he needs to have the lowest health pool since his mobility makes him near untouchable to jedi players and his barrage is capable of doing 600+ damage. Boba fett is arguably the most powerful villain in HvV in the right hands, buffing him for people who are not as good will only tip the scale even further.

    -Bossk isn't fine his mines should only start to go on cooldown once at least one of them detonates. Having 2 sets of mines that do i believe 710 damage when put back to back is to much as it is, for GA purposes especially.

    -General Grevious, a Grevious who tries to deflect a barrage of blaster bolts is not a smart grevious. He has 2 gap closing abilities, claw rush being extremely effective and deadly at the same time, his damage output is ridiculous. You need to be playing him more like maul and less like rey. Grevious is capable of dispatching any jedi in 1 on 1 face to face combat with more ease than they will have trying to kill him.

    -Chewie, the nerf was needed, although it was needed AFTER the darkside saw significant nerfs, some of which you listed.

    -vader choke throw combo
    -kylo freeze
    -palpatine damage

    are all massive offenders in hvv for throwing off the balance.

    This is it chief. Though I'd be sad abou the bossk nerf (but that's just my own greediness, I mostly play HvV and I hardly see others play him).
    And let Finn roll when he takes out his pistol (forget the name but its the right bumper ability on Xbox)
    You're Chewie nerf logic is the soundest logic I have read all week.

    You should also check out this thread on some cool ways to tweak Obi-Wan: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/125626/my-thoughts-improvement-suggestions-on-obi-wan-kenobi
  • Theres been alot of these threads going around lately and ive been ignoring it since DICE seems to not listen to balancing logic from their players who play 100 times more than they do but let me put in my 2 cents here since you are for the most part on the right track.

    -Boba Fett, the buff would be a terrible idea. He's already to hard to hit, he doesn't always get knocked out of the sky as it is and he needs to have the lowest health pool since his mobility makes him near untouchable to jedi players and his barrage is capable of doing 600+ damage. Boba fett is arguably the most powerful villain in HvV in the right hands, buffing him for people who are not as good will only tip the scale even further.

    -Bossk isn't fine his mines should only start to go on cooldown once at least one of them detonates. Having 2 sets of mines that do i believe 710 damage when put back to back is to much as it is, for GA purposes especially.

    -General Grevious, a Grevious who tries to deflect a barrage of blaster bolts is not a smart grevious. He has 2 gap closing abilities, claw rush being extremely effective and deadly at the same time, his damage output is ridiculous. You need to be playing him more like maul and less like rey. Grevious is capable of dispatching any jedi in 1 on 1 face to face combat with more ease than they will have trying to kill him.

    -Chewie, the nerf was needed, although it was needed AFTER the darkside saw significant nerfs, some of which you listed.

    -vader choke throw combo
    -kylo freeze
    -palpatine damage

    are all massive offenders in hvv for throwing off the balance.

    This is it chief. Though I'd be sad abou the bossk nerf (but that's just my own greediness, I mostly play HvV and I hardly see others play him).
    And let Finn roll when he takes out his pistol (forget the name but its the right bumper ability on Xbox)
    You're Chewie nerf logic is the soundest logic I have read all week.

    You should also check out this thread on some cool ways to tweak Obi-Wan: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/125626/my-thoughts-improvement-suggestions-on-obi-wan-kenobi

    He can roll with his pistol
  • A lot of good stuff here, but I would like to add some changes of my own.

    Luke needs more than a 20 damage increase on his abilities, make his force push do 100 damage to villains and his repulse do 150 to villains. Buff his saber damage to 110. Buff his rush to 120.

    Han I agree with you, maybe a shoulder charge buff but that's it.

    Leia again I agree with you, maybe let her squad shield give out health to her and her teammates so it can have some use in HvV.

    For Chewie the nerf absolutely was needed, he was ruining HvV.

    Finn I think maybe give his undercover team ability exploding shot so you wouldn't need to change his card.

    Lando is fine as is I think, your buff is good too though.

    Yoda needs an HvV buff but for GA your buff is good.

    I haven't played Obi yet.

    For Rey I agree.

    Vader you got spot on.

    Palpatine you got spot on.

    Boba you got spot on.

    Phasma you got spot on (maybe she could pick up her droid as well).

    Iden you got spot on.

    Grievous is the first DS hero that I disagree with you on, his damage is insane and his ability to break through blocks make him too strong in HvV.

    Maul is good, maybe buff his choke hold damage and allow him to strike a saber block without being staggered.

    Kylo is good.

    Bossk's grenades' blinding effects need a nerf.
  • Upped for the Zepheon's post, which I find to be really accurate, interesting, well-written.

  • First and foremost, every hero/villain should have HoK without the need for a star card.
    Implement that and then we see. I can not fathom how they decided which heroes/villain needed to do X to heal vs just kill, but it's stupid.
  • Have all hero nerfs removed for HvV, have them at full power and let the fun commence
  • Bosses mines are a terrible idea!!! Unless the have a remote way to explode them otherwise he will have one ability locked away! TERRIBLE IDEA!!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!