criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What are we expecting for the new game mode when it lands?

Prev1
Personally I am going to be hugely disappointed if it doesn't involve larger maps, bigger teams with starfighter and ground assault objectives in the same matches. If they don't do that may as well just stay with what we have

Replies

• I am expecting a rehash of Titan mode from 2142.
  • Well I never played that so don't know what that would look like haha
  • hsf_
    1690 posts Member
    Well, just like General OneAbility, Obi-Will Bebroken, Count Dontwork and Luke's whiney Dad, I imagine it will be broken.
    J08iprN.jpg
  • I'm expecting a lot of frustration over people not playing the objective.
    If hardly anyone PTOs in a linear mode odds are they are not gonna go out and PTO in a large open map.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • More bugs.
  • Well this is going well... Nice and positive 😂
  • The notes on the calendar look awesome starting inside a venator or dreadnought i just hope to god you and 5 of ya buddies can get in a gunship and light it up!! More vehicles will be awesome atap for me then perhaps dare i say droideka could make it’s way into this... what ever will be coming I’m all up for hell yes! (Positive post 😉)
  • Adding the officer armor awesome all these addods are just adding more Star Wars to Star Wars which is awesome right?
  • The notes on the calendar look awesome starting inside a venator or dreadnought i just hope to god you and 5 of ya buddies can get in a gunship and light it up!! More vehicles will be awesome atap for me then perhaps dare i say droideka could make it’s way into this... what ever will be coming I’m all up for hell yes! (Positive post 😉)

Haha thanks for positivity. OK so you start in a dreadnought... But doing what? Droidekas are fine but we have infantry.. I want something different... Really different or what's the point?
  • OcDoc
    1129 posts Member
    Another happy landing, of course. 😉
  • DarthJ
    6128 posts Member
    Rumours spreading that its only one map (Geonosis) so.....
    PSN: ibrajoker59

Titan mode is a twist on the traditional Conquest mode from Battlefield 2142. It requires a large map with OUTDOOR capture points. For that reason, it wasn't even on all the Conquest maps in Battlefield 2142. Some were too small for the mode.

That's also the reason it's rumored that Geonosis might be the only map it launches on. Geonosis is the only map specifically designed to be large enough for it.

Fortunately DICE did a Titan Tutorial video way back:

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    I'm expecting a lot of frustration over people not playing the objective.
    If hardly anyone PTOs in a linear mode odds are they are not gonna go out and PTO in a large open map.

So pretty much like GA then.
    #StarWars-y
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1669 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I can't remember which Youtuber I was watching, but they were reporting on the new details of this game mode. He said someone found the word Titan in the game files which seems to track with the current thinking that this is DICE adapting Titan mode.

They've done it before with Battlefield 4. If you ever played Carrier Assault from the Naval Strike DLC pack, then you played an adaptation of Titan mode. The carriers were more simplistic than Titans to destroy, but the basic principle was the same.
  • I'm expecting a lot of bugs
  • So capture points in some kind of destroyer? Phase 3 on kashyyyk then?
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1669 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So capture points in some kind of destroyer? Phase 3 on kashyyyk then?

No its capture points on the map that launch missiles at the destroyer, dropping its shields and damaging it. Then you board the destroyer to arm or destroy objectives.

Boarding the destroyer is not required to win though. The missiles continue to fire, so keeping the capture points on the ground is still essential. If the defending team stonewalls your attack, then the missiles can still take down the destroyer.

No its capture points on the map that launch missiles at the destroyer, dropping its shields and damaging it. Then you board the destroyer to arm or destroy objectives.

Boarding the destroyer is not required to win though. The missiles continue to fire, so keeping the capture points on the ground is still essential. If the defending team stonewalls your attack, then the missiles can still take down the destroyer.

Ahhh!! Would we be boarding the destroyer in star fighters?

Ahhh!! Would we be boarding the destroyer in star fighters?

Yeah I would think that's how it could work in this game. Players save up their battle points to fly over to the destroyer. Then you could start to squad spawn on people on the Destroyer.

But like I said, Titan mode is not a strict phased game mode like Galactic Assault.

The defending team can spawn on their destroyer and stonewall your attack. In that case, you need to keep fighting for the capture points on the ground, so the missiles can finish off the destroyer.

Basically, boarding the destroyer is an alternate win condition. You don't have to do it, but it can be a quicker way to win.
  • So many good memories watching that video...

Something the video doesn't touch on is the Titan's actually move on the map. They start at the edges and move towards the center. They had turrets too. You could spawn on your team's Titan and get into turrets that could fire at enemies on the ground. LOL!!

I so hope DICE implements that for this game mode.

Also, there were aircraft on the Titan. I think in the video it shows players boarding aircraft on their own Titan. I don't expect that since this game doesn't have vehicles on the ground like Battlefield 2142 did.
  • If it’s only for one map I will curse loudly to myself.

There will me more gameplay on that one map than a dozen GA maps full of choke points lol.
  • Wow OK. I'm being converted
  • Wow OK. I'm being converted

Awesome! It's hard to express in words or even that video just how excellent this mode was. Gameplay of course is dated since it came out in 2006.

If you want the open gameplay of Conquest, it has it.

If you want heated close quarters action, firefights on the Titan are as intense as any Galactic Assault map.

If you want to just roam around in a vehicle, you can do that too lol.

IGN.com recently listed their top Battlefield games. Battlefield 2142 was #7 I think, but they did say Titan mode is likely the best game mode in the series.

There will me more gameplay on that one map than a dozen GA maps full of choke points lol.

You’re OK with one map?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I would be very disappointed with just one map for it
  • Alex64
    5835 posts Member
    If it’s only for one map I will curse loudly to myself.

You’re OK with one map?

it's a prove that he's biased.
  • Alex64 wrote: »

You’re OK with one map?

I'm biased all right...Titan mode is far superior to anything we've seen in a DICE Battlefront game. I don't care about whatever else you're trying to shovel. lol

You’re OK with one map?

No I'm not OK with just one map lol. But if that's where they have to start, then yeah I'm fine with that. Better to have one map of a great mode, than none.

Yes I absolutely expect them to bring this to more maps and eras. But as I've stated repeatedly, this mode requires larger maps than what we have with most GA maps. Star Wars HQ was even talking about it. They said maybe Endor, Mos Eisley, and one or two others could work. I think Yavin has a chance.

I think any new map added to the game will be large enough for this mode.
  • Alex64
    5835 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

You’re OK with one map?

I'm biased all right...Titan mode is far superior to anything we've seen in a DICE Battlefront game. I don't care about whatever else you're trying to shovel. lol

Is it necessary to add a lol everytime you reply a post? You are blind and unable to see the real problem right before your eyes.
  • if DICE was smart they would add seamless ground to space maps into this game like the Battlefront 3 would have had.

if they were smart
  • I'm expecting 1 map. A lot of bugs. And tons of new players. Would I would like is tons of maps, a lot of new players and 1 bug.
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    if DICE was smart they would add seamless ground to space maps into this game like the Battlefront 3 would have had.

if they were smart

That would be nice, but I'll definitely take this new mode as a start. Maybe if they do a Battlefront 3 for next gen consoles, that could be something to add in. Also, have maps across the board large enough for this new game mode.

You’re OK with one map?

Is it necessary to add a lol everytime you reply a post? You are blind and unable to see the real problem right before your eyes.

When I'm laughing, yes it is necessary. lol...see I'm laughing. Better to laugh about it then get **** off.

The real problem here is they don't have the resources to do what you guys are asking right out of the gate. EA shifted their assets to Battlefield V for most of the year.

Add to that I might be the only one on these forums who has actually played Battlefield 2142 and Titan mode. I know from experience what I'm talking about. Most of these Galactic Assault maps flat won't work in this mode without serious redesign and expansion.

Anyone who has played Titan mode will tell you the same, like the guys at Star Wars HQ for instance.
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    if DICE was smart they would add seamless ground to space maps into this game like the Battlefront 3 would have had.

if they were smart

That would be nice, but I'll definitely take this new mode as a start. Maybe if they do a Battlefront 3 for next gen consoles, that could be something to add in. Also, have maps across the board large enough for this new game mode.

yeah i agree....

IF THEY WERE SMART
  • Alex64
    5835 posts Member

You’re OK with one map?

When I'm laughing, yes it is necessary. lol...see I'm laughing. Better to laugh about it then get **** off.

The real problem here is they don't have the resources to do what you guys are asking right out of the gate. EA shifted their assets to Battlefield V for most of the year.

Add to that I might be the only one on these forums who has actually played Battlefield 2142 and Titan mode. I know from experience what I'm talking about. Most of these Galactic Assault maps flat won't work in this mode without serious redesign and expansion.

Anyone who has played Titan mode will tell you the same, like the guys at Star Wars HQ for instance.

If the real excuse is about lack of resources then this whole "Season" is a fiasco as i've stated before, this fiasco need to stop, this parade of fail content must stop, we need new things.

You’re OK with one map?

If the real excuse is about lack of resources then this whole "Season" is a fiasco as i've stated before, this fiasco need to stop, this parade of fail content must stop, we need new things.

So you're in a thread about a NEW game mode, after we just got a NEW map on a NEW location with two NEW heroes, and you're complaint is we need new things? Can I put another "lol" on this? lol...oops too late.

As for fail, Geonosis clearly turned eyes back to this game, and I guarantee this mode will too. I've got people on my friend list who will come back for this mode. One of my friends already redownloaded the game waiting for it.

Battlefront fans have been waiting for a mode like this.
  • I can't remember which Youtuber I was watching, but they were reporting on the new details of this game mode. He said someone found the word Titan in the game files which seems to track with the current thinking that this is DICE adapting Titan mode.

They've done it before with Battlefield 4. If you ever played Carrier Assault from the Naval Strike DLC pack, then you played an adaptation of Titan mode. The carriers were more simplistic than Titans to destroy, but the basic principle was the same.

That mode was fun back in the day
  • Alex64
    5835 posts Member

You’re OK with one map?

So you're in a thread about a NEW game mode, after we just got a NEW map on a NEW location with two NEW heroes, and you're complaint is we need new things? Can I put another "lol" on this? lol...oops too late.

As for fail, Geonosis clearly turned eyes back to this game, and I guarantee this mode will too. I've got people on my friend list who will come back for this mode. One of my friends already redownloaded the game waiting for it.

You missed the yellow bricks way long time ago, this is about a mode to be exclusive for only ONE MAP.

You’re OK with one map?

You missed the yellow bricks way long time ago, this is about a mode to be exclusive for only ONE MAP.

At first, maybe. But again, I played Battlefield 2142...a lot. Titan mode wasn't even on all the Conquest maps in that game. It was only on the largest maps. Someone else posted that it originally started on one map in 2142 as well, but I can't remember.

Why are you pretending this means they won't be bringing this mode to other maps and eras?

I'm calling it now...even prequel haters will enter this mode, see the capital ships and action, and be geeking out so hard they will forget any reservations.
  • Alex64
    5835 posts Member

You’re OK with one map?

At first, maybe. But again, I played Battlefield 2142...a lot. Titan mode wasn't even on all the Conquest maps in that game. It was only on the largest maps. Someone else posted that it originally started on one map in 2142 as well, but I can't remember.

Why are you pretending this means they won't be bringing this mode to other maps and eras?

I'm calling it now...even prequel haters will enter this mode, see the capital ships and action, and be geeking out so hard they will forget any reservations.

Blah, titan mode, blah prequel haters, this is about a 1 map only mode, it's fail.
  • I hope DICE comes up with a great trailer for this like they did Geonosis.
  • I can't remember which Youtuber I was watching, but they were reporting on the new details of this game mode. He said someone found the word Titan in the game files which seems to track with the current thinking that this is DICE adapting Titan mode.

That mode was fun back in the day

Yeah on both accounts. Did you play 2142 or were you talking about Carrier Assault on BF4?
  • I hope we have movility to travel between planets and capital ships using starships B)
  • ZiRusS wrote: »
    I hope we have movility to travel between planets and capital ships using starships B)

I do too. This is probably the biggest question mark I've seen about the new mode, since vehicles are not sitting on the map like they were in Battlefield 2142.

I think it would be a huge miss if you couldn't fly to the capital ships. Even if they did something simplistic like have a hangar you could fly into that automatically ejects you out of your ship. Then you would be on the capital ship and squad mates could spawn on you.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1669 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Was hoping this thread would keep rolling, but I guess it's more fun to argue in the other thread.

I watched the Titan Tutorial...again lol
  • ZiRusS wrote: »
    I hope we have movility to travel between planets and capital ships using starships B)

I do too. This is probably the biggest question mark I've seen about the new mode, since vehicles are not sitting on the map like they were in Battlefield 2142.

I think it would be a huge miss if you couldn't fly to the capital ships. Even if they did something simplistic like have a hangar you could fly into that automatically ejects you out of your ship. Then you would be on the capital ship and squad mates could spawn on you.

I did not play 2142 but there are vehicles sitting around on maps. Yavin 4 landing pad and hangar and naboo hanger for instance

Titan mode is a twist on the traditional Conquest mode from Battlefield 2142. It requires a large map with OUTDOOR capture points. For that reason, it wasn't even on all the Conquest maps in Battlefield 2142. Some were too small for the mode.

That's also the reason it's rumored that Geonosis might be the only map it launches on. Geonosis is the only map specifically designed to be large enough for it.

Fortunately DICE did a Titan Tutorial video way back:

How did they have a mode as awesome as this 12 years ago and not even matched it never mind improving it is madness
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I am expecting a rehash of Titan mode from 2142.

Or it could just be Assault from the Original Battlefront II?
  • Considering there is a new section on the EA website that shows the updated roadmap as it happens, and there is a new one called “Capital Ship Interiors” which specifically talks about Venator-Class Destroyers and Dreadnaughts coming with the new game mode, I can guess fairly well that this is going to be a large experience very similar to a mix of the Titan game mode from 2142 and Conquest/Supremacy from previous Battlefront games.

Oh, and Ben confirmed that there will be ground fighting as well as space fighting in the new mode.

“Fight through the Venator-class Destroyer of the Galactic Republic and the Separatist Dreadnaught as part of our new game mode, featuring capture points and capital ship takedowns. Learn more in February 2019.” - https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/roadmap

Check out BattlefrontUpdates and his video on the news here if you’re interested in finding out more, that’s probably the quickest method.