criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Skirmish/Offline Content

1757678808198

Replies

  • I'm sure they will add a large mode in some context at some point, the sheer amount of community feedback with people asking for one has definitely gotten their attention. Even if it is just big team deathmatch, honestly at this point it'd be much better than nothing at all.
  • I'm sure they will add a large mode in some context at some point, the sheer amount of community feedback with people asking for one has definitely gotten their attention. Even if it is just big team deathmatch, honestly at this point it'd be much better than nothing at all.

    Don't believe it is just big Team deathmatch. But if this should be the case im out!
  • I'm sure they will add a large mode in some context at some point, the sheer amount of community feedback with people asking for one has definitely gotten their attention. Even if it is just big team deathmatch, honestly at this point it'd be much better than nothing at all.

    Dennis confirmed recently that the large-scale Arcade mode with troopers and vehicles he first announced in February is indeed still in the works. It's coming; and with renewed support for the game in 2019, it's no longer a matter of "if", but a matter of "when".
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Starmasui73146
    1034 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I remember Dennis saying in a tweet that they didn't promise anything but they are working on something for arcade. Plus, I highly doubt that the new non-linear mode(aka conquest) is coming to arcade in 2 months. That's very unlikely.
    There is Arcade CT and more content is coming to Arcade in 2019 but we have no idea when it will happen or what kind of content it will be.
    (1.) They always say their not promising anything to cover their hind end if things don’t go well, a wise choice.

    (2.) Hmmmmm that would be sad that it comes to Online first for February.
    I'm sure they will add a large mode in some context at some point, the sheer amount of community feedback with people asking for one has definitely gotten their attention. Even if it is just big team deathmatch, honestly at this point it'd be much better than nothing at all.


    Dennis confirmed recently that the large-scale Arcade mode with troopers and vehicles he first announced in February is indeed still in the works. It's coming; and with renewed support for the game in 2019, it's no longer a matter of "if", but a matter of "when".

    Yeaaaaaaaaaah :) , thank you. So even if the Offline version doesn’t arrive in two months in February (1 year from when it was announced), it still is coming...that’s wonderful news, thank you sooooo much.
    “There is always hope.”
  • All the content that is coming in early 2019 has been common knowledge for months, so if something like large battles are coming to Arcade around April/May 2019 then why haven't they atleast announced it? They know what is and isn't possible yet they continue to be so secretive and shroud Offline content in so much mystery.

    All they have to do is announce and confirm offline content now and all this speculation can end and offline gamers can look forward to spring.
  • They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.
  • They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    Correct.
    “There is always hope.”
  • slarlac249
    139 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm 35 and have so far resisted the temptation to buy anything cosmetic in ANY game since the inception of said thing.

    The only thing i'd consider purchasing for a game would be an expansion pack but only if it contained offline content.

    DLC these days is not what it used to be. i.e. actual downloadable content vs content already in game but locked. The only real dlc we seem to get these days is maps and sadly it's always for mp.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    I disagree! Given the current condition of Arcade I'd say offline gamers are far less likely to make in game purchases.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    I disagree! Given the current condition of Arcade I'd say offline gamers are far less likely to make in game purchases.

    When they improve it that will change. I buy crystals when Arcade gets new content.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

  • That's way over the top. If you're gonna post ideas for new Arcade modes, try to keep them within reason; consider what DICE might be capable of delivering with the resources at their disposal, including existing game assets.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Starmasui73146
    1034 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    I disagree! Given the current condition of Arcade I'd say offline gamers are far less likely to make in game purchases.

    I play Arcade and skirmish literally every day and I purchase cosmetics a lot. It’s because I know that some day X-Box One will no longer be supported and I’ll have wished I bought all those real cool cosmetic items for Arcade. For me it makes sense, to each his own though.

    —————————————————————————————————————————————————

    I used to think that DICE couldn’t give us the huge maps Offline in Arcade because it would take up to much memory, but then I saw videos Online showing me that we already have the entire huge maps on our systems (NOT Online). The devs just locked it and don’t allow us to access all of it, this made me very frustrated.

    Soooooo really the only reason why we don’t have “Galactic Assault” Offline is they didn’t do it. Yes I understand devs your trying to give us some semblance of the Conquest mode we requested and I’m thankful for that. I’d rather have Titan with its Conquest like Control Point captures and internal destroyer take downs any day. Cheers...

    P.S.- But can we atleast get to use Taun Tauns for Offlines Titan version , that would really make my New Years?

    Thanks ever so much DICE employees your the greatest, chin up and have a Happy New Years. :) o:) <3
    “There is always hope.”
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    I disagree! Given the current condition of Arcade I'd say offline gamers are far less likely to make in game purchases.

    I play Arcade and skirmish literally every day and I purchase cosmetics a lot. It’s because I know that some day X-Box One will no longer be supported and I’ll have wished I bought all those real cool cosmetic items for Arcade. For me it makes sense, to each his own though.

    —————————————————————————————————————————————————

    I used to think that DICE couldn’t give us the huge maps Offline in Arcade because it would take up to much memory, but then I saw videos Online showing me that we already have the entire huge maps on our systems (NOT Online). The devs just locked it and don’t allow us to access all of it, this made me very frustrated.

    Soooooo really the only reason why we don’t have “Galactic Assault” Offline is they didn’t do it. Yes I understand devs your trying to give us some semblance of the Conquest mode we requested and I’m thankful for that. I’d rather have Titan with its Conquest like Control Point captures and internal destroyer take downs any day. Cheers...

    P.S.- But can we atleast get to use Taun Tauns for Offlines Titan version , that would really make my New Years?

    Thanks ever so much DICE employees your the greatest, chin up and have a Happy New Years. :) o:) <3

    Why would people foolishly continue to throw money at EA for content that remains significantly restricted in depth or that hasn't been properly tested or fixed for months? Starfighter Arcade is a prime example of how little regard EA has for Offline gamers.

    Battlefront 2 offline should have been atleast as good, if not better than the original at launch. Battlefield 5's mediocre campaign and lack of other offline modes continue to prove that offline is an afterthought by EA/Dice.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    I disagree! Given the current condition of Arcade I'd say offline gamers are far less likely to make in game purchases.

    I play Arcade and skirmish literally every day and I purchase cosmetics a lot. It’s because I know that some day X-Box One will no longer be supported and I’ll have wished I bought all those real cool cosmetic items for Arcade. For me it makes sense, to each his own though.

    —————————————————————————————————————————————————

    I used to think that DICE couldn’t give us the huge maps Offline in Arcade because it would take up to much memory, but then I saw videos Online showing me that we already have the entire huge maps on our systems (NOT Online). The devs just locked it and don’t allow us to access all of it, this made me very frustrated.

    Soooooo really the only reason why we don’t have “Galactic Assault” Offline is they didn’t do it. Yes I understand devs your trying to give us some semblance of the Conquest mode we requested and I’m thankful for that. I’d rather have Titan with its Conquest like Control Point captures and internal destroyer take downs any day. Cheers...

    P.S.- But can we atleast get to use Taun Tauns for Offlines Titan version , that would really make my New Years?

    Thanks ever so much DICE employees your the greatest, chin up and have a Happy New Years. :) o:) <3

    Why would people foolishly continue to throw money at EA for content that remains significantly restricted in depth or that hasn't been properly tested or fixed for months? Starfighter Arcade is a prime example of how little regard EA has for Offline gamers.

    Battlefront 2 offline should have been atleast as good, if not better than the original at launch. Battlefield 5's mediocre campaign and lack of other offline modes continue to prove that offline is an afterthought by EA/Dice.

    Arcade is far better than the Missions mode 2015 had at launch. I like the modes of Skirmish and the customization of Arcade.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • SAM4XE
    302 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    I disagree! Given the current condition of Arcade I'd say offline gamers are far less likely to make in game purchases.

    I play Arcade and skirmish literally every day and I purchase cosmetics a lot. It’s because I know that some day X-Box One will no longer be supported and I’ll have wished I bought all those real cool cosmetic items for Arcade. For me it makes sense, to each his own though.

    —————————————————————————————————————————————————

    I used to think that DICE couldn’t give us the huge maps Offline in Arcade because it would take up to much memory, but then I saw videos Online showing me that we already have the entire huge maps on our systems (NOT Online). The devs just locked it and don’t allow us to access all of it, this made me very frustrated.

    Soooooo really the only reason why we don’t have “Galactic Assault” Offline is they didn’t do it. Yes I understand devs your trying to give us some semblance of the Conquest mode we requested and I’m thankful for that. I’d rather have Titan with its Conquest like Control Point captures and internal destroyer take downs any day. Cheers...

    P.S.- But can we atleast get to use Taun Tauns for Offlines Titan version , that would really make my New Years?

    Thanks ever so much DICE employees your the greatest, chin up and have a Happy New Years. :) o:) <3

    Why would people foolishly continue to throw money at EA for content that remains significantly restricted in depth or that hasn't been properly tested or fixed for months? Starfighter Arcade is a prime example of how little regard EA has for Offline gamers.

    Battlefront 2 offline should have been atleast as good, if not better than the original at launch. Battlefield 5's mediocre campaign and lack of other offline modes continue to prove that offline is an afterthought by EA/Dice.

    Arcade is far better than the Missions mode 2015 had at launch. I like the modes of Skirmish and the customization of Arcade.

    I meant that BattlefrontII at launch should have been better than how BF was after skirmish was added. But some may argue with you that Arcade at launch was just as bad and shallow as missions. My point is EA/dice were promoting the "return of Skirmish" for SWBF2 at EAPlay 2017 and they lied, so why would offline gamers continue to fund a game that is based on broken promises?

    They practically abandoned Starfighter Arcade support as soon as it was launched back in June. As I've stated several times before, if/when they confirm large scale battles I'll be just as happy as everyone else but they must drop this 'shrouded in mystery" **** and for once be honest and open with the offline community.
    Post edited by SAM4XE on
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    I disagree! Given the current condition of Arcade I'd say offline gamers are far less likely to make in game purchases.

    I play Arcade and skirmish literally every day and I purchase cosmetics a lot. It’s because I know that some day X-Box One will no longer be supported and I’ll have wished I bought all those real cool cosmetic items for Arcade. For me it makes sense, to each his own though.

    —————————————————————————————————————————————————

    I used to think that DICE couldn’t give us the huge maps Offline in Arcade because it would take up to much memory, but then I saw videos Online showing me that we already have the entire huge maps on our systems (NOT Online). The devs just locked it and don’t allow us to access all of it, this made me very frustrated.

    Soooooo really the only reason why we don’t have “Galactic Assault” Offline is they didn’t do it. Yes I understand devs your trying to give us some semblance of the Conquest mode we requested and I’m thankful for that. I’d rather have Titan with its Conquest like Control Point captures and internal destroyer take downs any day. Cheers...

    P.S.- But can we atleast get to use Taun Tauns for Offlines Titan version , that would really make my New Years?

    Thanks ever so much DICE employees your the greatest, chin up and have a Happy New Years. :) o:) <3

    Why would people foolishly continue to throw money at EA for content that remains significantly restricted in depth or that hasn't been properly tested or fixed for months? Starfighter Arcade is a prime example of how little regard EA has for Offline gamers.

    Battlefront 2 offline should have been atleast as good, if not better than the original at launch. Battlefield 5's mediocre campaign and lack of other offline modes continue to prove that offline is an afterthought by EA/Dice.

    Arcade is far better than the Missions mode 2015 had at launch. I like the modes of Skirmish and the customization of Arcade.

    I meant that BattlefrontII at launch should have been better than how BF was after skirmish was added. But some may argue with you that Arcade at launch was just as bad and shallow as missions. My point is EA/dice were promoting the "return of Skirmish" for SWBF2 at EAPlay 2017 and they lied, so why would offline gamers continue to fund a game that is based on broken promises?

    They practically abandoned Starfighter Arcade support as soon as it was launched back in June. As I've stated several times before, if/when they confirm large scale battles I'll be just as happy as everyone else but they must drop this 'shrouded in mystery" **** and for once be honest and open with the offline community.

    I personally fund the game when there is definitive offline content announced. I can't speak for others; however, one possibility might be they are hoping it will get the devs to release the content quickly.

    The communication definitely needs serious improvement. My interpretation of their "communication" is if they are not going to do something they will say it if they are considering something they might hint at it if we are lucky. I think we will get a large mode in Arcade because, Dennis said they are working on a large scale mode for Arcade; however, he blatantly stated it is not GA. I think they will do more with Starfighter Arcade because Ben hinted at upgrading it.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    I disagree! Given the current condition of Arcade I'd say offline gamers are far less likely to make in game purchases.

    I play Arcade and skirmish literally every day and I purchase cosmetics a lot. It’s because I know that some day X-Box One will no longer be supported and I’ll have wished I bought all those real cool cosmetic items for Arcade. For me it makes sense, to each his own though.

    —————————————————————————————————————————————————

    I used to think that DICE couldn’t give us the huge maps Offline in Arcade because it would take up to much memory, but then I saw videos Online showing me that we already have the entire huge maps on our systems (NOT Online). The devs just locked it and don’t allow us to access all of it, this made me very frustrated.

    Soooooo really the only reason why we don’t have “Galactic Assault” Offline is they didn’t do it. Yes I understand devs your trying to give us some semblance of the Conquest mode we requested and I’m thankful for that. I’d rather have Titan with its Conquest like Control Point captures and internal destroyer take downs any day. Cheers...

    P.S.- But can we atleast get to use Taun Tauns for Offlines Titan version , that would really make my New Years?

    Thanks ever so much DICE employees your the greatest, chin up and have a Happy New Years. :) o:) <3

    Why would people foolishly continue to throw money at EA for content that remains significantly restricted in depth or that hasn't been properly tested or fixed for months? Starfighter Arcade is a prime example of how little regard EA has for Offline gamers.

    Battlefront 2 offline should have been atleast as good, if not better than the original at launch. Battlefield 5's mediocre campaign and lack of other offline modes continue to prove that offline is an afterthought by EA/Dice.

    Arcade is far better than the Missions mode 2015 had at launch. I like the modes of Skirmish and the customization of Arcade.

    I meant that BattlefrontII at launch should have been better than how BF was after skirmish was added. But some may argue with you that Arcade at launch was just as bad and shallow as missions. My point is EA/dice were promoting the "return of Skirmish" for SWBF2 at EAPlay 2017 and they lied, so why would offline gamers continue to fund a game that is based on broken promises?

    They practically abandoned Starfighter Arcade support as soon as it was launched back in June. As I've stated several times before, if/when they confirm large scale battles I'll be just as happy as everyone else but they must drop this 'shrouded in mystery" **** and for once be honest and open with the offline community.

    I personally fund the game when there is definitive offline content announced. I can't speak for others; however, one possibility might be they are hoping it will get the devs to release the content quickly.

    The communication definitely needs serious improvement. My interpretation of their "communication" is if they are not going to do something they will say it if they are considering something they might hint at it if we are lucky. I think we will get a large mode in Arcade because, Dennis said they are working on a large scale mode for Arcade; however, he blatantly stated it is not GA. I think they will do more with Starfighter Arcade because Ben hinted at upgrading it.

    But that's the whole problem isn't it? The last 13 months has only been about speculation, hints, rumours and hope. Still nothing set in stone regarding offline.

    When starfighter Arcade was released I supported EA/Dice by purchasing crystals even though I was disappointed it felt rushed and unbalanced because I felt it was what I regard as significant content. IF more significant content is announced I will do the same but not a moment sooner.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    They are too lazy; players wont fill their giant wallets if they play offline.

    All in game purchases are cosmetic. Offline gamers are just as likely to buy them as online gamers.

    I disagree! Given the current condition of Arcade I'd say offline gamers are far less likely to make in game purchases.

    I play Arcade and skirmish literally every day and I purchase cosmetics a lot. It’s because I know that some day X-Box One will no longer be supported and I’ll have wished I bought all those real cool cosmetic items for Arcade. For me it makes sense, to each his own though.

    —————————————————————————————————————————————————

    I used to think that DICE couldn’t give us the huge maps Offline in Arcade because it would take up to much memory, but then I saw videos Online showing me that we already have the entire huge maps on our systems (NOT Online). The devs just locked it and don’t allow us to access all of it, this made me very frustrated.

    Soooooo really the only reason why we don’t have “Galactic Assault” Offline is they didn’t do it. Yes I understand devs your trying to give us some semblance of the Conquest mode we requested and I’m thankful for that. I’d rather have Titan with its Conquest like Control Point captures and internal destroyer take downs any day. Cheers...

    P.S.- But can we atleast get to use Taun Tauns for Offlines Titan version , that would really make my New Years?

    Thanks ever so much DICE employees your the greatest, chin up and have a Happy New Years. :) o:) <3

    Why would people foolishly continue to throw money at EA for content that remains significantly restricted in depth or that hasn't been properly tested or fixed for months? Starfighter Arcade is a prime example of how little regard EA has for Offline gamers.

    Battlefront 2 offline should have been atleast as good, if not better than the original at launch. Battlefield 5's mediocre campaign and lack of other offline modes continue to prove that offline is an afterthought by EA/Dice.

    Arcade is far better than the Missions mode 2015 had at launch. I like the modes of Skirmish and the customization of Arcade.

    I meant that BattlefrontII at launch should have been better than how BF was after skirmish was added. But some may argue with you that Arcade at launch was just as bad and shallow as missions. My point is EA/dice were promoting the "return of Skirmish" for SWBF2 at EAPlay 2017 and they lied, so why would offline gamers continue to fund a game that is based on broken promises?

    They practically abandoned Starfighter Arcade support as soon as it was launched back in June. As I've stated several times before, if/when they confirm large scale battles I'll be just as happy as everyone else but they must drop this 'shrouded in mystery" **** and for once be honest and open with the offline community.

    I personally fund the game when there is definitive offline content announced. I can't speak for others; however, one possibility might be they are hoping it will get the devs to release the content quickly.

    The communication definitely needs serious improvement. My interpretation of their "communication" is if they are not going to do something they will say it if they are considering something they might hint at it if we are lucky. I think we will get a large mode in Arcade because, Dennis said they are working on a large scale mode for Arcade; however, he blatantly stated it is not GA. I think they will do more with Starfighter Arcade because Ben hinted at upgrading it.

    But that's the whole problem isn't it? The last 13 months has only been about speculation, hints, rumours and hope. Still nothing set in stone regarding offline.

    When starfighter Arcade was released I supported EA/Dice by purchasing crystals even though I was disappointed it felt rushed and unbalanced because I felt it was what I regard as significant content. IF more significant content is announced I will do the same but not a moment sooner.

    This is correct. I am hoping for the Arcade CT to be in January to set this straight.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • slarlac249
    139 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    There's one map i really want to play in arcade and that's Kashyyyk Beach, the full map with the downed republic cruiser, the current map shouldn't be named "Beach" as it has no beach in the playable area, you can't even drop down and explore.

    You guys are right about starfighter assuault being crap, it's had zero new content, other than making it playable in arcade, it's a complete play once mode. boring.

    hope something new comes soon....close to uninstalling the game as it's just not entertaining enough offline.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    There's one map i really want to play in arcade and that's Kashyyyk Beach, the full map with the downed republic cruiser, the current map shouldn't be named "Beach" as it has no beach in the playable area, you can't even drop down and explore.

    There's many ways arcade could and should be updated... large scale mode, Starfighter assault arcade, skins selector, campaign maps like Pillio, Bespin, Sullust... The list goes on. But at the very least, there is one simple expansion for arcade that should be made: As it stands, arcade maps are one stage of the Galactic Assault maps. Solution: make all the stages available for small scale arcade battles. Three or four maps (depending on the map stages) for each location, except for Jabbas Palace, Administrators Palace, and Kessel which are already small maps with no additional space available.

    Like I said, there are plenty of other additions to arcade that need to be made, but this seems like a simple addition to help with the variety.
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    slarlac249 wrote: »
    There's one map i really want to play in arcade and that's Kashyyyk Beach, the full map with the downed republic cruiser, the current map shouldn't be named "Beach" as it has no beach in the playable area, you can't even drop down and explore.

    There's many ways arcade could and should be updated... large scale mode, Starfighter assault arcade, skins selector, campaign maps like Pillio, Bespin, Sullust... The list goes on. But at the very least, there is one simple expansion for arcade that should be made: As it stands, arcade maps are one stage of the Galactic Assault maps. Solution: make all the stages available for small scale arcade battles. Three or four maps (depending on the map stages) for each location, except for Jabbas Palace, Administrators Palace, and Kessel which are already small maps with no additional space available.

    Like I said, there are plenty of other additions to arcade that need to be made, but this seems like a simple addition to help with the variety.

    I don't understand how they were able to remove the respawn timer from Arcade (not that I don't appreciate it) but why couldn't they add the skin selector at the same time? I don't get it; did they just forget or something?
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • slarlac249
    139 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    ^

    combination of laziness and MP ONLY MATTERS attitude.

    "single player is a declining trend"

    - DICEA

    looks like we get nothing for christmas.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • andytheavs
    611 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    There's many ways arcade could and should be updated... large scale mode, Starfighter assault arcade, skins selector, campaign maps like Pillio, Bespin, Sullust... The list goes on. But at the very least, there is one simple expansion for arcade that should be made: As it stands, arcade maps are one stage of the Galactic Assault maps. Solution: make all the stages available for small scale arcade battles. Three or four maps (depending on the map stages) for each location, except for Jabbas Palace, Administrators Palace, and Kessel which are already small maps with no additional space available.
    Like I said, there are plenty of other additions to arcade that need to be made, but this seems like a simple addition to help with the variety.

    I like the idea since it falls in line with the grand scheme of "give us all the maps and all the modes" which has been requested for the last 3 years. I've found that I just end up playing Assault online since it's the only way to experience the full maps. I get absolutely destroyed every game, but the most fun I've had by far in the game is to pilot air vehicles over these big maps and dogfight/strafe. Sadly Arcade is just so limited right now without big maps, air/ground vehicles/heroes on both teams.
    Edit: Also, Assault Mode's 20v20 feels like the bare minimum for the game to feel anything like an Epic Star Wars Battle. 8v8 or 10v10 feels really weird and lacking in immersion. There is no "battlefront" when you're on a tiny map 8v8. Might as well just go play UT99 death match and have more fun with that.
  • andytheavs
    611 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Haha, I had a whole post... posted, but it glitched out of existence after I edited it, good times! Anyway, trying again...
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    at the very least, there is one simple expansion for arcade that should be made: As it stands, arcade maps are one stage of the Galactic Assault maps. Solution: make all the stages available for small scale arcade battles. Three or four maps (depending on the map stages) for each location, except for Jabbas Palace, Administrators Palace, and Kessel which are already small maps with no additional space available.

    I agree since this fits the "give us all maps and modes" request we've been making for 3 years. What I've noticed though is the only mode that is really entertaining me is Assault (online unfortunately) precisely because it let's you see the whole big map and because it's 20v20. I just don't feel any immersion or sense of "epic Star Wars battle" in any other mode. I can get in an air or ground vehicle or be a hero (yeah right, like I ever get enough battle points for that).
    There can be no "battlefront" to fight over on such a small map 10v10 when everyone is just running all over the map looking for that next 1v1 quick shootout encounter, and then opponents can spawn behind you or anywhere for that matter.
    So as usual what I'm saying is, Arcade needs Conquest mode on the full big maps (not segmented over the course of the game like in Assault) with multiple linked capture points, for both human(s)/AI bots to control air/ground vehicles and heroes, and army count options for waaaaay more than 20v20.
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    Haha, I had a whole post... posted, but it glitched out of existence after I edited it, good times! Anyway, trying again...
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    at the very least, there is one simple expansion for arcade that should be made: As it stands, arcade maps are one stage of the Galactic Assault maps. Solution: make all the stages available for small scale arcade battles. Three or four maps (depending on the map stages) for each location, except for Jabbas Palace, Administrators Palace, and Kessel which are already small maps with no additional space available.

    I agree since this fits the "give us all maps and modes" request we've been making for 3 years. What I've noticed though is the only mode that is really entertaining me is Assault (online unfortunately) precisely because it let's you see the whole big map and because it's 20v20. I just don't feel any immersion or sense of "epic Star Wars battle" in any other mode. I can get in an air or ground vehicle or be a hero (yeah right, like I ever get enough battle points for that).
    There can be no "battlefront" to fight over on such a small map 10v10 when everyone is just running all over the map looking for that next 1v1 quick shootout encounter, and then opponents can spawn behind you or anywhere for that matter.
    So as usual what I'm saying is, Arcade needs Conquest mode on the full big maps (not segmented over the course of the game like in Assault) with multiple linked capture points, for both human(s)/AI bots to control air/ground vehicles and heroes, and army count options for waaaaay more than 20v20.

    Couldn't agree more... Large scale Conquest type modes are a necessity. I'd much prefer that to what I proposed here with chopped up maps.
  • 78 pages and still no news.

    anyone remember how many pages it took before skirmish was created?
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    78 pages and still no news.

    anyone remember how many pages it took before skirmish was created?

    We got confirmation that the large-scale Arcade mode with troopers and vehicles (first announced by Dennis in February) is still being worked on after all this time, and that there will be a Community Transmission focused on Arcade.

    The amount of pessimism in this thread is asinine.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    78 pages and still no news.

    anyone remember how many pages it took before skirmish was created?

    Well the original "soloplayersmatter" thread was closed I guess, but nothing really dies on the internet...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8b511b/never_forget_our_roots_soloplayersmatter/
    So, I can only say that it took less than 456 pages to get Skirmish.
  • slarlac249
    139 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    slarlac249 wrote: »
    78 pages and still no news.

    anyone remember how many pages it took before skirmish was created?

    We got confirmation that the large-scale Arcade mode with troopers and vehicles (first announced by Dennis in February) is still being worked on after all this time, and that there will be a Community Transmission focused on Arcade.

    The amount of pessimism in this thread is asinine.

    We have the right to be pessimistice. Shouldn't take a year to do what they are supposedly working on....

    You guys keep mentioning a CT focused on Arcade but it hasn't materialized.

    All they keep doing is MP fixes and MP additions.

    No Starfighter Assault changes or new maps.
    No large maps for Arcade
    No large modes for Arcade
    No proper Blast (FFA)
    No other MP modes in Arcade
    Bot count in Arcade is too small

    how are we sw fans supposed to act out our fantasies in a game that is a meer shell of what it's meant to be? can't do that stuff online where you are being shot at every few seconds by randoms, can't explore / enjoy the scenary.

    not everyone here is happy with what we got to play with right now. for me i can't load it up and play for an hour or two, more like a few minutes and then bored, because the lack of content and boring empty modes.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    slarlac249 wrote: »
    78 pages and still no news.

    anyone remember how many pages it took before skirmish was created?

    We got confirmation that the large-scale Arcade mode with troopers and vehicles (first announced by Dennis in February) is still being worked on after all this time, and that there will be a Community Transmission focused on Arcade.

    The amount of pessimism in this thread is asinine.

    We have the right to be pessimistice. Shouldn't take a year to do what they are supposedly working on....

    You guys keep mentioning a CT focused on Arcade but it hasn't materialized.

    All they keep doing is MP fixes and MP additions.

    No Starfighter Assault changes or new maps.
    No large maps for Arcade
    No large modes for Arcade
    No proper Blast (FFA)
    No other MP modes in Arcade
    Bot count in Arcade is too small

    how are we sw fans supposed to act out our fantasies in a game that is a meer shell of what it's meant to be? can't do that stuff online where you are being shot at every few seconds by randoms, can't explore / enjoy the scenary.

    not everyone here is happy with what we got to play with right now. for me i can't load it up and play for an hour or two, more like a few minutes and then bored, because the lack of content and boring empty modes.

    The devs have recently said they are still working on the Arcade large scale mode that was announced in Feb and Ben confirmed they are working on Arcade content to be announced. The devs stay tight lipped on content for this game until very close to time for the content to release. This is a major fault in communication I wish would be fixed. I have seen complaints about this from the online community as well.

    The time it takes for content is dependent on the number of devs working on the content, which is based on priority. I personally think the priority for Arcade heavily decreased in June and increased at the end of November. How big the increase in November remains to be seen. I hope it is huge as I would love to see offline gamers get higher priority in general, especially local mp. I hate where the industry is going in terms of local mp offerings.

    I understand and agree the waiting sucks; howver, our best course of action is to politely ask and patiently wait. The more folks the devs think will use the content, the better it will be.

    If by "proper blast" you mean allow the AI to use the reinforcements, I woul love to see hero/hero ship/reinforcement AI as well.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • We still have arcade content. From playing the new heroes and ships for free to new maps. Sure it's taken longer than expected for more arcade upgrades but I think it will be within the first 3 months of next year. Heres hoping at least.
  • We still have arcade content. From playing the new heroes and ships for free to new maps. Sure it's taken longer than expected for more arcade upgrades but I think it will be within the first 3 months of next year. Heres hoping at least.

    Man I hope so, I am really addicted to the Bespin Administrative map in Arcade; I hope they never alter anything about it, it is just sooooo much fun. I keep my fingers crossed for more Arcade maps, especially Geonosis. I hope they also give us more Bespin maps like the city one and the Carbon Freezing Chamber.

    “There is always hope.”
  • We still have arcade content. From playing the new heroes and ships for free to new maps. Sure it's taken longer than expected for more arcade upgrades but I think it will be within the first 3 months of next year. Heres hoping at least.

    Man I hope so, I am really addicted to the Bespin Administrative map in Arcade; I hope they never alter anything about it, it is just sooooo much fun. I keep my fingers crossed for more Arcade maps, especially Geonosis. I hope they also give us more Bespin maps like the city one and the Carbon Freezing Chamber.

    Totally agreed. The Carbon Freezing Chamber is such an iconic location, and it would be a new experience with the absence of some of the old star cards that were overused there. Here's hoping it gets added, but anything from Bespin would be welcome. What great maps those were!
  • The only things I wish they'd change on the Bespin map are the trooper skins, I have no idea why they decided to give the map tattooine appearances and I am still confused as to why they haven't changed them yet, I also love that map but those skins are so immersion breaking that I hardly ever play it.
  • I bought bf 2 a couple of days ago hoping that a big team mode will be added to arcade. I play online but i also like to play with bots too. It's important that bf 2 implement a big team mode and an objective based starfighter assault in arcade.

    The game is fun and it's marquee modes ( galactic assault and starfighter assault ) should be playable offline to future proof the game for consoles.

    I think it's telling that when i don't want to play online but want to play star wars single player i go to bf 1 instead of 2 and it's because walker assault is playable in skirmish.

    I logged many many hours in bf 1 skirmish so I'd like to provide feedback from my time in that mode in hopes it could help with the big team arcade mode in bf 2.


    I'm going to try to make these suggestions as developer friendly as possible.

    I think it's wise to implement conquest mode and only conquest mode as the big team mode in arcade.

    Even though a.i. could interact with objectives in walker assault it would be more efficient to have them move towards control points instead. This could also free up a.i. scripting for other things.

    I think it would be wise to funnel the a.i. through as much of the open areas of the maps as possible. Reason being is it's very common to see a.i. getting stuck in corridors, tunnels and hallways in bf 1 skirmish. ( rebels, second phase of day hoth it happens all the time )

    To prevent this it would be better to funnel them through the most open areas of each map leaving the tight spaces for small groups.

    Please have 1 hero/villain come out on the a.i. side at least once during a match. Having them moving from control point to control point attacking along the way isn't too big of a task. I think limiting a.i. hero usage to 1 a match could help with the complications.

    Please do not cheat on the amount of a.i. spawned in the map. Bf 1 walker assault skirmish gave me the impression that not all 39 a.i. are on the map at once. In fact it's more like 12 v 12 from my experience with different bots taking the place of slain ones.

    I don't know for certain if this is actually what's happening but i can say I've never seen more than 12 v 12 at any one time during a match.


    I think having the big team mode be conquest and having more of the a.i. migrating towards control points and open areas of the map could help alleviate some of the issues they had last time.

    What do you guys think?





  • snake06 wrote: »
    What do you guys think?
    I think that based on my recent previous posts, I couldn't agree more! And yes, that was one of the disappointments of BF2015's Skirmish. I remember seeing a lot of teammate bots just frozen and stacked up on each other at the spawn point for a long time, so yeah 20v20 pretty much felt like it was cut in half.
  • Hey people! On team battle mode, was there an option for 0 Player team size? Cause i think they added this secretly today. I am not joking.
  • The most disappointing part of skirmish in bf2015 was that it wasn't finished. i really wanted to play the rogue one and death maps with bots.

    i just hope one day they port the 2015 maps to bf2 and put them in arcade.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people! On team battle mode, was there an option for 0 Player team size? Cause i think they added this secretly today. I am not joking.

    Yes, you are not joking
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people! On team battle mode, was there an option for 0 Player team size? Cause i think they added this secretly today. I am not joking.

    Yes, you are not joking

    See that, I was right. I was going to play team battle when an option of 0 friendly players appeared. So they added it secretly, interesting.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people! On team battle mode, was there an option for 0 Player team size? Cause i think they added this secretly today. I am not joking.

    Yes, you are not joking

    See that, I was right. I was going to play team battle when an option of 0 friendly players appeared. So they added it secretly, interesting.

    i would be more hyped if they added more troops so we cool play 20 vs 20 or even more... and i know they promised us the large scale mode... but we are waiting since feburary!! One year without any information!!! they also promised that starfighter would be updatet to starfighter assault! and nothing happend. im **** of ofDice and ea! if they dont care to arcade until march im delet this game!
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people! On team battle mode, was there an option for 0 Player team size? Cause i think they added this secretly today. I am not joking.

    Yes, you are not joking

    See that, I was right. I was going to play team battle when an option of 0 friendly players appeared. So they added it secretly, interesting.

    i would be more hyped if they added more troops so we cool play 20 vs 20 or even more... and i know they promised us the large scale mode... but we are waiting since feburary!! One year without any information!!! they also promised that starfighter would be updatet to starfighter assault! and nothing happend. im **** of ofDice and ea! if they dont care to arcade until march im delet this game!

    I am not hyped, I just find it interesting that they added a new option to the Arcade Menu. I agree with the rest that you say. They better make Starfighter Assault and conquest mode offline.
  • maybe they changed something else
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people! On team battle mode, was there an option for 0 Player team size? Cause i think they added this secretly today. I am not joking.

    Yes, you are not joking

    See that, I was right. I was going to play team battle when an option of 0 friendly players appeared. So they added it secretly, interesting.

    i would be more hyped if they added more troops so we cool play 20 vs 20 or even more... and i know they promised us the large scale mode... but we are waiting since feburary!! One year without any information!!! they also promised that starfighter would be updatet to starfighter assault! and nothing happend. im **** of ofDice and ea! if they dont care to arcade until march im delet this game!

    I am not hyped, I just find it interesting that they added a new option to the Arcade Menu. I agree with the rest that you say. They better make Starfighter Assault and conquest mode offline.

    that was not about you! sorry man. but im really wondering why they dont add some coole stuff to arcade. i mean, how dificult could it be to make arcade playabel for a long time? they know how bf2 (2005) worked and what we loved about it...
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people! On team battle mode, was there an option for 0 Player team size? Cause i think they added this secretly today. I am not joking.

    Yes, you are not joking

    See that, I was right. I was going to play team battle when an option of 0 friendly players appeared. So they added it secretly, interesting.

    You know what would've been great? If they secretly added the option for team sizes of 20 and changed the AI in Starfighter Arcade to be able to lock on to the player with missiles!

    Seriously; modders did it months ago. If they can make these kind of ghost changes to Arcade without a client patch (assuming this wasn't part of the December Update and we just didn't notice it until now), I don't see why they can't do more.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • maybe they changed something else

    I don't see any other menu changes. Also, what is the purpose of 0 friendly team size? Onslaught mode already exists.
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    maybe they changed something else

    I don't see any other menu changes. Also, what is the purpose of 0 friendly team size? Onslaught mode already exists.

    Good point. It would've made more sense to add an option for 12v12, since that already exists in certain Battle Scenarios but for some reason is completely absent from Custom Arcade.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • 12v12 exists? I only play Custom Arcade, so I almost never play Battle Scenarios.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!