criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Geonosis Tweaks

F8RGE
648 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 2018
We will be rolling out an update this morning as part of our Geonosis balance efforts that we discussed last week. We'll be decreasing the AT-TE health by 1,000 and increasing the Hard Cells health by 50%.

We'll continue to monitor and tweak as required.

Edit: Should add, no download is required. This is a server side tweak. Once it's been made the change will begin to propagate around our servers.

Replies

• AT-TE health decreased by 1,000! Amazing. Now they're really going to get shredded by ion turrets.
  • I feel like the hero count has been lowered to 4 heroes to each side instead of 6, if so then thanks as it's much better
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I feel like the hero count has been lowered to 4 heroes to each side instead of 6, if so then thanks as it's much better

When was it 6?
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

When was it 6?

When it first released.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Seems to be even harder for droids now . .seige mode is now more intense at greater distances and you can hardly notice any difference with the ATTE armor. They seem just as hard to take down.
  • Was there ever any notes about buffing the AT-TE armour? Make no mistake, it's a good idea. They needed it. But may have overdone it.

Atleast I don't recall seeing anything that said they'd increase their resistance.

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • AT-TE health decreased by 1,000! Amazing. Now they're really going to get shredded by ion turrets.

i sadly have to second that opinion
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • ANYBODY having luck winning as the droids on phase 3??
  • Nope. I played Geonosis twice today. The droids ended the game in the first phase the first time. And the clones steamrolled the entire way (including Phase 3) the second time. There were like 3 AT-TEs in the capture point on Phase 3 in this round.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • If we ever get the option to skip maps, Geonosis and Takodana are going to be the two I skip.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Played Geonosis four times today. Clones lost Phase 1 in one battle. Almost lost Phase 2 with only two AT-TE deployed and no reinforcements available in another. Steamrolled the third and I was droids losing to another steamroll for the fourth.
  • ANYBODY having luck winning as the droids on phase 3??

Yes, I played 5 rounds during the launch event, and I saw all four outcomes (not counting phases, since they don't change the ending) at least once.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • The launch event had the AT-TE's made out of cardboard. No clue when they added in the reinforced titanium whateveroid on it, as it appears you can barely dent the things alone now.

Stealth buff?

I'd be happy to see a note that said this took place.

It was necessary to give them a buff to begin with, sure, but atleast TELL US WHEN STUFF HAPPENS.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    The launch event had the AT-TE's made out of cardboard. No clue when they added in the reinforced titanium whateveroid on it, as it appears you can barely dent the things alone now.

Stealth buff?

I'd be happy to see a note that said this took place.

It was necessary to give them a buff to begin with, sure, but atleast TELL US WHEN STUFF HAPPENS.

There was definitely communication about an improvement to AT-TE health. I'm sorry but I can't provide a link but it was a dev or forum mod.
  • Billkwando
    1653 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Played Geonosis four times today. Clones lost Phase 1 in one battle. Almost lost Phase 2 with only two AT-TE deployed and no reinforcements available in another. Steamrolled the third and I was droids losing to another steamroll for the fourth.

I was on Kashyyyk last night, and I watched maybe 4 or 5 troopers run past the launcher. And I thought to myself "this is why steam rolls happen." When people stop playing the objective, it all falls apart. I think it's even worse on Geonosis.

I finally got the launcher on Crait, for the first time, last weekend. Ran up to the opening in the surface, aimed at the AT-AT (or whatever we're calling the gorilla walkers), hit the trigger, aaaaaaand nothing. Apparently it's one of those weird lower middle abilities, like the booster on Poe's X-Wing (Y?). Naturally, in the second it took me to process this info, I was killed.....so I still haven't gotten to fire one yet. :D

Even when you try to PTFO, this game doesn't make it any easier with so many unintuitive mechanics.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Played Geonosis four times today. Clones lost Phase 1 in one battle. Almost lost Phase 2 with only two AT-TE deployed and no reinforcements available in another. Steamrolled the third and I was droids losing to another steamroll for the fourth.

I was on Kashyyyk last night, and I watched maybe 4 or 5 troopers run past the launcher. And I thought to myself "this is why steam rolls happen." When people stop playing the objective, it all falls apart. I think it's even worse on Geonosis.

I finally got the launcher on Crait, for the first time, last weekend. Ran up to the opening in the surface, aimed at the AT-AT (or whatever we're calling the gorilla walkers), hit the trigger, aaaaaaand nothing. Apparently it's one of those weird lower middle abilities, like the booster on Poe's X-Wing (Y?). Naturally, in the second it took me to process this info, I was killed.....so I still haven't gotten to fire one yet. :D

Even when you try to PTFO, this game doesn't make it any easier with so many unintuitive mechanics.

I think you have hold down on the trigger for it to charge up before you fire.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • don't you just zoom in and wait for the bar to fill at the topp then press the "attack" button
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...

I think you have hold down on the trigger for it to charge up before you fire.
    don't you just zoom in and wait for the bar to fill at the topp then press the "attack" button

Maybe! I'll give that a try if I ever get another chance. Thanks forum folk! :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• F8RGE wrote: »
    We will be rolling out an update this morning as part of our Geonosis balance efforts that we discussed last week. We'll be decreasing the AT-TE health by 1,000 and increasing the Hard Cells health by 50%.

Edit: Should add, no download is required. This is a server side tweak. Once it's been made the change will begin to propagate around our servers.

Edit the map so that CIS can play as the Spider Droids similar to that of the AT-TE. You go up to the Spider Droid, press O, Have fun. Stop limiting our choices/fun in this game.
  • F8RGE wrote: »

Edit the map so that CIS can play as the Spider Droids similar to that of the AT-TE. You go up to the Spider Droid, press O, Have fun. Stop limiting our choices/fun in this game.

Check this out! A glimpse of gameplay of a rare spider Droid in action in a glorious game long since past. Simply amazing footage.
  • kirtanloorii
    934 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Billkwando wrote: »

Hmm. Well, I certainly do understand the frustration of trying to fire the launcher and getting killed before hand. I'm not sure if you know, since it was your first attempt, but it has to be charged. And it charges when you aim at it with a clear line of sight. Takes about five seconds, and it's even faster when you are closer.

Edit: I just now noticed that other people already told you this, but anyways, the best way to win or get BP is to just be the best team player you can be. Always go after that objective. I've fired the launcher a few hundred times and I never get tired of it. Expect to be in the top 5 every time.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • thelasteverjedi
    1500 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    couple of things

1. atte can spawn wayyyy back and immediately followed by phase change cauising atte to be out of bounds with no chance of making it into bounds. happened to me at every phase change.

2. can you tell the driver with a word signage to drive towards obj? there are some clueless people who just siege at the back while the team has controlled the entire map at the end of bounds. mind you these are probably the same people to snipe/sentry from the back of the map no matter what the objective is no matter what map!

Hmm. Well, I certainly do understand the frustration of trying to fire the launcher and getting killed before hand. I'm not sure if you know, since it was your first attempt, but it has to be charged. And it charges when you aim at it with a clear line of sight. Takes about five seconds, and it's even faster when you are closer.

Edit: I just now noticed that other people already told you this, but anyways, the best way to win or get BP is to just be the best team player you can be. Always go after that objective. I've fired the launcher a few hundred times and I never get tired of it. Expect to be in the top 5 every time.

No such thing as too much good advice! I'll give it a try. Thanks a bunch! :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando
    1653 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Oh, can heroes fire the launcher too? Just in case it comes up...
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Hero lightsabers don't deal any damage to the atte, weapons don't seem to be doing much damage, especially from distance, e.g ion torpedo bearly tickles from range, it's heavily stacked to the clones especially when you destroy all the atte's and one drops literally outside the capture point making it impossible to win...
  • I stopped going after the launchers when there was a change to the mechanics. If you fire the launcher before fully charged it forces you into a melee animation and you have to start charging all over again. Got tired of dying while in melee animation and let others get killed. I just try to protect the person holding the launcher and have them struggle with the lame mechanics.

It’s so frustrating. Randomly started doing that about a patch or two ago.
  • Until you fix - by which I mean remove - EoR MM then tweaks like this are akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the boat-deck of the Titanic.
  • EV02AAA wrote: »
    Until you fix - by which I mean remove - EoR MM then tweaks like this are akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the boat-deck of the Titanic.

SourThirstyBison-size_restricted.gif

we play on dear sir...or madam!
    Oh, can heroes fire the launcher too? Just in case it comes up...

Heroes cannot fire the launcher. They can capture objectives and operate objective consoles though.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • If we ever get the option to skip maps, Geonosis and Takodana are going to be the two I skip.

its already there, called 'Cancel'
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    If we ever get the option to skip maps, Geonosis and Takodana are going to be the two I skip.

its already there, called 'Cancel'

I'd rather just build a playlist that excludes those two maps.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Where is GEONOSIS MAP for H vs V ??? !!
    lasers were red - not blue !!!
  • I know I might get shredded for this, and I've only played this map a handful of times. It's rendered very well, and maybe because it's so new that I forgot that I had to get adjusted with some of the older boards when I started, but I still don't know what I'm supposed to be doing half the time. I saw in earlier feedback that others were saying the same thing upon release. I know there is the objective that is stated, but the board is so wide open that if I can't spawn on someone in later stages, there is a giant area to cover to cover to get back in the action. There is really no true opportunity to work as a team, and you often get put in situations where once when you make enemy contact again you run into a large group of troops and heroes all at once...and it's back to going across the battlefield again. Unless you get into a vehicle and that comes with its own challenges and rewards. I always prefer to be on the ground fighting, some boards are great for speeders (like this one), but the tapering down transition with the other boards, which may be redundant for some, is the best way to go. However, there should still be more visual cues on what to do on this wide open stage.
  • Hero lightsabers don't deal any damage to the atte, weapons don't seem to be doing much damage, especially from distance, e.g ion torpedo bearly tickles from range, it's heavily stacked to the clones especially when you destroy all the atte's and one drops literally outside the capture point making it impossible to win...

This. If droids dont win Phase 1, they are screwed. Every. single. time.

Yeah, sort of like how if the Empire loses phase 1 of the Death Star, the rebels are going to win.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg

I have had some wins in phase 3 as the droids but not as many or easy as staying in the 1st atte and stomping through everything until the victory sign with half health still

Exactly this. When the map first launched, the ion torpedo did a bit more damage. Last night I was lined up with 5 other heavy’s, all hitting the At-TEs and we barely made a dent. Also when the map first launched we were able to win once in a while but now not at all.
  • Sv3zyg23 wrote: »
    Hero lightsabers don't deal any damage to the atte, weapons don't seem to be doing much damage, especially from distance, e.g ion torpedo bearly tickles from range, it's heavily stacked to the clones especially when you destroy all the atte's and one drops literally outside the capture point making it impossible to win...

Exactly this. When the map first launched, the ion torpedo did a bit more damage. Last night I was lined up with 5 other heavy’s, all hitting the At-TEs and we barely made a dent. Also when the map first launched we were able to win once in a while but now not at all.

I just consider Geonosis broken until the next patch. I skip it. I am all about playing the objective, but I am frustrated by the tiny amount of damage I do to the AT-TEs. If anything, I think they should feel like the generators on Crait. A single person CAN do a bit of damage by themselves, but it's a lot more with a team. And instead of there being three like the generators, there are up to ten.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Sv3zyg23
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Sv3zyg23 wrote: »
    Hero lightsabers don't deal any damage to the atte, weapons don't seem to be doing much damage, especially from distance, e.g ion torpedo bearly tickles from range, it's heavily stacked to the clones especially when you destroy all the atte's and one drops literally outside the capture point making it impossible to win...

I just consider Geonosis broken until the next patch. I skip it. I am all about playing the objective, but I am frustrated by the tiny amount of damage I do to the AT-TEs. If anything, I think they should feel like the generators on Crait. A single person CAN do a bit of damage by themselves, but it's a lot more with a team. And instead of there being three like the generators, there are up to ten.

Well said! Totally agree!
  • Jhereg_Faux
    332 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Staps need a larger hit box for ion projectiles, plus we need to be able to hit them with a saber user.
    The most frustrating part is when you destroy the lead AT-TE they drop the next one 100-200 yards closer to the objective.
    In my experience, if the Droids don't stop the Clones in phase one, then it's a win for the Clones 8 out of 10 times.
  • Alex64
    6735 posts Member
    The dangers of fan service.
    E sono una imbranata
  • I was on Kashyyyk last night, and I watched maybe 4 or 5 troopers run past the launcher. And I thought to myself "this is why steam rolls happen." When people stop playing the objective, it all falls apart. I think it's even worse on Geonosis.

I played Naboo once where I shot off every single launcher. Everyone was playing hero blast. My objective score was #1 of course.

Find me in Blast, Strike, or sometimes GA, usually playing Officer/Specialist/Aerial... u/n cosworth99. #oldguy
    Add me (xbox Oregon server) if you like
  • cosworth99 wrote: »

I played Naboo once where I shot off every single launcher. Everyone was playing hero blast. My objective score was #1 of course.

Yet it still gives to spot to them...