criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Finally heroes unleashed is end, i can return to play.

2

Replies

  • AustinAlpha315
    198 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Supino wrote: »
    Bunch of babies. I cant even imagine you guys waiting for a promotion on your job.

    It's pretty funny how it's such a big deal to some, huh?
    Post edited by AustinAlpha315 on
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    2671 posts Member
    edited December 2018

    deleted
  • Yea I dont get how BF1 had like 10-15 different game modes/playlist and this game has so little, or even the ability to have multiple ones. The game development of BF2 really does boggle the mind.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Supino wrote: »
    Bunch of babies. I cant even imagine you guys waiting for a promotion on your job.

    There's no way that someone who comes onto the forums to complain about a three day event for a video game has a real life job, lol.

    Yet here you are, coming onto the forums to complain........do you have a real life job?
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • Supino wrote: »
    Bunch of babies. I cant even imagine you guys waiting for a promotion on your job.

    There's no way that someone who comes onto the forums to complain about a three day event for a video game has a real life job, lol.

    Yet here you are, coming onto the forums to complain........do you have a real life job?

    I come on to the forums all the time while I am working... its amazing.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »
    Bunch of babies. I cant even imagine you guys waiting for a promotion on your job.

    There's no way that someone who comes onto the forums to complain about a three day event for a video game has a real life job, lol.

    Yet here you are, coming onto the forums to complain........do you have a real life job?

    I come on to the forums all the time while I am working... its amazing.

    Not working enough I guess. 😁
  • https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121676/focused-feedback-battle-point-event-heroes-unleashed/p1

    For the forgetful and the new forum members, the above is a link to the poll that illustrated what the majority wanted.

    I enjoy this democratic action of the forum, instead of following an oligarchy or dictatorship of some vocal individuals.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »
    Bunch of babies. I cant even imagine you guys waiting for a promotion on your job.

    There's no way that someone who comes onto the forums to complain about a three day event for a video game has a real life job, lol.

    Yet here you are, coming onto the forums to complain........do you have a real life job?

    I come on to the forums all the time while I am working... its amazing.

    Same
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    Then make it a separate mode???.......

    Or are you really afraid of showing how scarce youve made your player base?

    False Dilemma called to congratulate you on the textbook usage example you have provided.

    theres nothing false about it really. think about it. theres only ONE reason for them to not make a HU permanent tile for all who enjoy it.

    because the playerbase isnt big enough and it will affect the amount of players in other modes. they dont want to admit that, so they just stick with this map rotation nonsense.

  • Saber91 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    Then make it a separate mode???.......

    Or are you really afraid of showing how scarce youve made your player base?

    False Dilemma called to congratulate you on the textbook usage example you have provided.

    theres nothing false about it really. think about it. theres only ONE reason for them to not make a HU permanent tile for all who enjoy it.

    because the playerbase isnt big enough and it will affect the amount of players in other modes. they dont want to admit that, so they just stick with this map rotation nonsense.

    A false dilemma is an informal fallacy where you present a situation as only having 2 possibilities (either/or) when more exist... this is exactly what you have done twice now lol... there could be a plethora of reasons for them not to make HU permanent, hence the reason your assertion is the informal fallacy listed above.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    Then make it a separate mode???.......

    Or are you really afraid of showing how scarce youve made your player base?

    False Dilemma called to congratulate you on the textbook usage example you have provided.

    theres nothing false about it really. think about it. theres only ONE reason for them to not make a HU permanent tile for all who enjoy it.

    because the playerbase isnt big enough and it will affect the amount of players in other modes. they dont want to admit that, so they just stick with this map rotation nonsense.

    A false dilemma is an informal fallacy where you present a situation as only having 2 possibilities (either/or) when more exist... this is exactly what you have done twice now lol... there could be a plethora of reasons for them not to make HU permanent, hence the reason your assertion is the informal fallacy listed above.

    Go ahead and list for me the plethora of reasons
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    Then make it a separate mode???.......

    Or are you really afraid of showing how scarce youve made your player base?

    False Dilemma called to congratulate you on the textbook usage example you have provided.

    theres nothing false about it really. think about it. theres only ONE reason for them to not make a HU permanent tile for all who enjoy it.

    because the playerbase isnt big enough and it will affect the amount of players in other modes. they dont want to admit that, so they just stick with this map rotation nonsense.

    A false dilemma is an informal fallacy where you present a situation as only having 2 possibilities (either/or) when more exist... this is exactly what you have done twice now lol... there could be a plethora of reasons for them not to make HU permanent, hence the reason your assertion is the informal fallacy listed above.

    Go ahead and list for me the plethora of reasons

    This is almost too easy...
    1. Dennis has decided he doesn't want it to be permanent.
    2. They transferred the programmers responsible for adding a new game mode tab to heroes to another project.
    3. Disney has not approved the addition of it as a permanent new mode.
    4. This mode is only serving as a test bed for hero systems in the new mode and thus it isn't worth making it permanent.
    5. They are planning on making a new permanent hero mode and have not managed to implement it yet.
    6. EA is prohibiting DICE from adding a new permanent game mode that would steal thunder from the new non linear mode.
    7. They don't want people to permanently be able to access heroes with such ease in GA.
    8. They don't want to utilize the additional servers which may be necessary to support a second concurrent variation of GA.

    In short, you are stating in logical terms that "not implementing HU as its own independent mode" is sufficient to conclude the necessary condition with 100% certainty that "their player base is too low to support HU and GA as independent modes"... this is logically fallacious as them not adding a new mode cannot prove the necessary condition you assert it can prove... hence your false dilemma where you present an either/or scenario which is easily shown as NOT being either/or.

    In order for your logic to be valid, the only 2 possible valid conditional statements would be:
    Sufficent condition: Not implement HU seperately
    Necessary Condition: Not enough players

    NIHUS ---> NEP

    and the contrapositive:
    Sufficient condition: Implement HU seperately
    Necessary condition: Enough Players

    IHUS ---> EP

    If you can show anything other than these two scenarios as being possible, then your conclusion is false... so, I could say "they aren't implementing it as its own mode because Disney hasn't approved its permanent addition"... that just showed that you cannot logically conclude the either/or situation you are concluding.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)
    Yes, it isn’t for everyone, so why force it on everyone that wants to play GA? We get it, many players enjoy it. At the same time many players clearly do not. Instead of ignoring those who don’t enjoy it, why not make everyone happy and easily solve it by making HU GA it’s own separate playlist while it’s active so players can play what they want?

    Most people who don’t like it aren’t asking for it to be taken away from the many players that do enjoy it, they simply don’t want to be forced to either play it or leave the game until it’s gone. I don’t really see how DICE/EA benefits from that either.

    Some people claim that regular GA would be dead while the separate HU one is active, and so what? So be it. As someone who hates the event, I wouldn’t like it but I would accept it as the community would have truly and decisively spoken.

    What’s the excuse for forcing it on everyone? Laziness? If the player base really can’t handle them being separated and split into 2 different modes, that says a lot about your game, does it not?

  • OOM19
    2829 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    2p85of.jpg

    "Is that clear?"
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    Then make it a separate mode???.......

    Or are you really afraid of showing how scarce youve made your player base?

    False Dilemma called to congratulate you on the textbook usage example you have provided.

    theres nothing false about it really. think about it. theres only ONE reason for them to not make a HU permanent tile for all who enjoy it.

    because the playerbase isnt big enough and it will affect the amount of players in other modes. they dont want to admit that, so they just stick with this map rotation nonsense.

    A false dilemma is an informal fallacy where you present a situation as only having 2 possibilities (either/or) when more exist... this is exactly what you have done twice now lol... there could be a plethora of reasons for them not to make HU permanent, hence the reason your assertion is the informal fallacy listed above.

    Go ahead and list for me the plethora of reasons

    This is almost too easy...
    1. Dennis has decided he doesn't want it to be permanent.
    2. They transferred the programmers responsible for adding a new game mode tab to heroes to another project.
    3. Disney has not approved the addition of it as a permanent new mode.
    4. This mode is only serving as a test bed for hero systems in the new mode and thus it isn't worth making it permanent.
    5. They are planning on making a new permanent hero mode and have not managed to implement it yet.
    6. EA is prohibiting DICE from adding a new permanent game mode that would steal thunder from the new non linear mode.
    7. They don't want people to permanently be able to access heroes with such ease in GA.
    8. They don't want to utilize the additional servers which may be necessary to support a second concurrent variation of GA.

    In short, you are stating in logical terms that "not implementing HU as its own independent mode" is sufficient to conclude the necessary condition with 100% certainty that "their player base is too low to support HU and GA as independent modes"... this is logically fallacious as them not adding a new mode cannot prove the necessary condition you assert it can prove... hence your false dilemma where you present an either/or scenario which is easily shown as NOT being either/or.

    In order for your logic to be valid, the only 2 possible valid conditional statements would be:
    Sufficent condition: Not implement HU seperately
    Necessary Condition: Not enough players

    NIHUS ---> NEP

    and the contrapositive:
    Sufficient condition: Implement HU seperately
    Necessary condition: Enough Players

    IHUS ---> EP

    If you can show anything other than these two scenarios as being possible, then your conclusion is false... so, I could say "they aren't implementing it as its own mode because Disney hasn't approved its permanent addition"... that just showed that you cannot logically conclude the either/or situation you are concluding.

    alright so first these mental gymnastics youre doing have no bearing on the truth or my opinion. any rational person would agree that a low playerbase is a big reason not to introduce a new game mode that would further divide it.

    second of all, most if not all of the reasons youve put forth are blanket statements that are irrelevant to my assertion that they dont want to affect the dwindling playerbase. but ill entertain you and go down the line and eliminate them one by one ;)

    1. blanket statement. (why doesnt he want it as a permanent mode?)
    2. this sounds like something you just made up. you act like they need an armada of programmers to add an event, which, is nothing more than a modified stock mode, to the home tiles. they dont.
    3. another blanket statement. (why dont they want it as a permanent new mode? what would they lose?)
    4. they LITERALLY sent out a poll asking if players wanted this to be a permanent game mode. so your "test" theory is nullified.
    5. irrelevant.
    6. you actually manage to backup my point here. why would they worry about "thunder" being stolen from a new mode? lol dont they have enough players to support gameplay in ALL their modes? also: when a new mode comes out most if not all of the playerbase is going to play it, regardless if a HU permanent game mode exists.
    7. if they didnt want people to access heroes with such ease in galactic assault then why are they considering making this a permanent feature? also, why even do the event in the first place then? on TOP this next one which is cutting the price of heroes in half.
    8. what additional servers? you mean the same ones they use for ALL of their "concurrent" modes such as several galactic assaults, several HvV, several SF assaults, several strikes? very trivial reason to not make an event a separate tile. the fact they you even put forth such an argument is silly.

    you use "lol" and "too easy" like youre hell bent on proving your argumentative ability, but unfortunately you fall short by over generalizing, as well as attempting to use arithmetic to make baseless claims.

    try again. :D :D
  • Saber91 wrote: »

    A false dilemma is an informal fallacy where you present a situation as only having 2 possibilities (either/or) when more exist... this is exactly what you have done twice now lol... there could be a plethora of reasons for them not to make HU permanent, hence the reason your assertion is the informal fallacy listed above.[/quote]

    Go ahead and list for me the plethora of reasons[/quote]

    This is almost too easy...
    1. Dennis has decided he doesn't want it to be permanent.
    2. They transferred the programmers responsible for adding a new game mode tab to heroes to another project.
    3. Disney has not approved the addition of it as a permanent new mode.
    4. This mode is only serving as a test bed for hero systems in the new mode and thus it isn't worth making it permanent.
    5. They are planning on making a new permanent hero mode and have not managed to implement it yet.
    6. EA is prohibiting DICE from adding a new permanent game mode that would steal thunder from the new non linear mode.
    7. They don't want people to permanently be able to access heroes with such ease in GA.
    8. They don't want to utilize the additional servers which may be necessary to support a second concurrent variation of GA.

    In short, you are stating in logical terms that "not implementing HU as its own independent mode" is sufficient to conclude the necessary condition with 100% certainty that "their player base is too low to support HU and GA as independent modes"... this is logically fallacious as them not adding a new mode cannot prove the necessary condition you assert it can prove... hence your false dilemma where you present an either/or scenario which is easily shown as NOT being either/or.

    In order for your logic to be valid, the only 2 possible valid conditional statements would be:
    Sufficent condition: Not implement HU seperately
    Necessary Condition: Not enough players

    NIHUS ---> NEP

    and the contrapositive:
    Sufficient condition: Implement HU seperately
    Necessary condition: Enough Players

    IHUS ---> EP

    If you can show anything other than these two scenarios as being possible, then your conclusion is false... so, I could say "they aren't implementing it as its own mode because Disney hasn't approved its permanent addition"... that just showed that you cannot logically conclude the either/or situation you are concluding. [/quote]

    alright so first these mental gymnastics youre doing have no bearing on the truth or my opinion. . any rational person would agree that a low playerbase is a big reason not to introduce a new game mode that would further divide it.

    second of all, most if not all of the reasons youve put forth are blanket statements that are irrelevant to my assertion that they dont want to affect the dwindling playerbase. but ill entertain you and go down the line and eliminate them one by one ;)

    1. blanket statement. (why doesnt he want it as a permanent mode?)
    2. this sounds like something you just made up. you act like they need an armada of programmers to add an event, which, is nothing more than a modified stock mode, to the home tiles. they dont.
    3. another blanket statement. (why dont they want it as a permanent new mode? what would they lose?)
    4. they LITERALLY sent out a poll asking if players wanted this to be a permanent game mode. so your "test" theory is nullified.
    5. irrelevant.
    6. you actually manage to backup my point here. why would they worry about "thunder" being stolen from a new mode? lol dont they have enough players to support gameplay in ALL their modes? also: when a new mode comes out most if not all of the playerbase is going to play it, regardless if a HU permanent game mode exists.
    7. if they didnt want people to access heroes with such ease in galactic assault then why are they considering making this a permanent feature? also, why even do the event in the first place then? on TOP this next one which is cutting the price of heroes in half.
    8. what additional servers? you mean the same ones they use for ALL of their "concurrent" modes such as several galactic assaults, several HvV, several SF assaults, several strikes? very trivial reason to not make an event a separate tile. the fact they you even put forth such an argument is silly.

    you use "lol" and "too easy" like youre hell bent on proving your argumentative ability, but unfortunately you fall short by over generalizing, as well as attempting to use arithmetic to make baseless claims.

    try again. [/quote]

    Actually, everything he said is completely accurate and there's no need for him to try again.

    "any rational person would agree that a low playerbase is a big reason not to introduce a new game mode that would further divide it."

    You do realize that a completely new game mode, separate from Galactic Assault, is scheduled to be released in early 2019, right? By your logic, shouldn't they just pull the plug on any or all new game modes?

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you're making it sound like an obvious fact. It's not. It's your opinion; and that is a fact. See the difference?
  • Saber91 wrote: »

    A false dilemma is an informal fallacy where you present a situation as only having 2 possibilities (either/or) when more exist... this is exactly what you have done twice now lol... there could be a plethora of reasons for them not to make HU permanent, hence the reason your assertion is the informal fallacy listed above.

    Go ahead and list for me the plethora of reasons[/quote]

    This is almost too easy...
    1. Dennis has decided he doesn't want it to be permanent.
    2. They transferred the programmers responsible for adding a new game mode tab to heroes to another project.
    3. Disney has not approved the addition of it as a permanent new mode.
    4. This mode is only serving as a test bed for hero systems in the new mode and thus it isn't worth making it permanent.
    5. They are planning on making a new permanent hero mode and have not managed to implement it yet.
    6. EA is prohibiting DICE from adding a new permanent game mode that would steal thunder from the new non linear mode.
    7. They don't want people to permanently be able to access heroes with such ease in GA.
    8. They don't want to utilize the additional servers which may be necessary to support a second concurrent variation of GA.

    In short, you are stating in logical terms that "not implementing HU as its own independent mode" is sufficient to conclude the necessary condition with 100% certainty that "their player base is too low to support HU and GA as independent modes"... this is logically fallacious as them not adding a new mode cannot prove the necessary condition you assert it can prove... hence your false dilemma where you present an either/or scenario which is easily shown as NOT being either/or.

    In order for your logic to be valid, the only 2 possible valid conditional statements would be:
    Sufficent condition: Not implement HU seperately
    Necessary Condition: Not enough players

    NIHUS ---> NEP

    and the contrapositive:
    Sufficient condition: Implement HU seperately
    Necessary condition: Enough Players

    IHUS ---> EP

    If you can show anything other than these two scenarios as being possible, then your conclusion is false... so, I could say "they aren't implementing it as its own mode because Disney hasn't approved its permanent addition"... that just showed that you cannot logically conclude the either/or situation you are concluding. [/quote]

    alright so first these mental gymnastics youre doing have no bearing on the truth or my opinion. . any rational person would agree that a low playerbase is a big reason not to introduce a new game mode that would further divide it.

    second of all, most if not all of the reasons youve put forth are blanket statements that are irrelevant to my assertion that they dont want to affect the dwindling playerbase. but ill entertain you and go down the line and eliminate them one by one ;)

    1. blanket statement. (why doesnt he want it as a permanent mode?)
    2. this sounds like something you just made up. you act like they need an armada of programmers to add an event, which, is nothing more than a modified stock mode, to the home tiles. they dont.
    3. another blanket statement. (why dont they want it as a permanent new mode? what would they lose?)
    4. they LITERALLY sent out a poll asking if players wanted this to be a permanent game mode. so your "test" theory is nullified.
    5. irrelevant.
    6. you actually manage to backup my point here. why would they worry about "thunder" being stolen from a new mode? lol dont they have enough players to support gameplay in ALL their modes? also: when a new mode comes out most if not all of the playerbase is going to play it, regardless if a HU permanent game mode exists.
    7. if they didnt want people to access heroes with such ease in galactic assault then why are they considering making this a permanent feature? also, why even do the event in the first place then? on TOP this next one which is cutting the price of heroes in half.
    8. what additional servers? you mean the same ones they use for ALL of their "concurrent" modes such as several galactic assaults, several HvV, several SF assaults, several strikes? very trivial reason to not make an event a separate tile. the fact they you even put forth such an argument is silly.

    you use "lol" and "too easy" like youre hell bent on proving your argumentative ability, but unfortunately you fall short by over generalizing, as well as attempting to use arithmetic to make baseless claims.

    try again. [/quote]

    Actually, everything he said is completely accurate and there's no need for him to try again.

    "any rational person would agree that a low playerbase is a big reason not to introduce a new game mode that would further divide it."

    You do realize that a completely new game mode, separate from Galactic Assault, is scheduled to be released in early 2019, right? By your logic, shouldn't they just pull the plug on any or all new game modes?

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you're making it sound like an obvious fact. It's not. It's your opinion; and that is a fact. See the difference? [/quote]

    it is an obvious fact. why would a low player base NOT be a big reason to divide up the community? why do i have to explain this to adults?

    also, them releasing a new game mode in 2019 has literally nothing to do with me saying the low playerbase is a big reason why they arent making HU its own separate option.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    That's why we need offline content the same ones that's online. It's about rushed and lazy development practices. Some or a lot we see as rushed. The lazy comes from the top not giving dice the money or resources or people so they can make the ultimate fan battlefront.

    In my heart I believe 9/10 wants to save this problem.

    But it's that ONE person that keeps snoobing down people concerns thats screwing things over by not passing info up.

    I know who you are and you know that I know. Cause not only my post but others you talk to us like we don't matter.

    If you say that ONE persons name 3 times or mention arcade, he will appear. I haven't seen old boy in months on here
  • Saber91 wrote: »

    alright so first these mental gymnastics youre doing have no bearing on the truth or my opinion. . any rational person would agree that a low playerbase is a big reason not to introduce a new game mode that would further divide it.

    second of all, most if not all of the reasons youve put forth are blanket statements that are irrelevant to my assertion that they dont want to affect the dwindling playerbase. but ill entertain you and go down the line and eliminate them one by one ;)

    1. blanket statement. (why doesnt he want it as a permanent mode?)
    2. this sounds like something you just made up. you act like they need an armada of programmers to add an event, which, is nothing more than a modified stock mode, to the home tiles. they dont.
    3. another blanket statement. (why dont they want it as a permanent new mode? what would they lose?)
    4. they LITERALLY sent out a poll asking if players wanted this to be a permanent game mode. so your "test" theory is nullified.
    5. irrelevant.
    6. you actually manage to backup my point here. why would they worry about "thunder" being stolen from a new mode? lol dont they have enough players to support gameplay in ALL their modes? also: when a new mode comes out most if not all of the playerbase is going to play it, regardless if a HU permanent game mode exists.
    7. if they didnt want people to access heroes with such ease in galactic assault then why are they considering making this a permanent feature? also, why even do the event in the first place then? on TOP this next one which is cutting the price of heroes in half.
    8. what additional servers? you mean the same ones they use for ALL of their "concurrent" modes such as several galactic assaults, several HvV, several SF assaults, several strikes? very trivial reason to not make an event a separate tile. the fact they you even put forth such an argument is silly.

    you use "lol" and "too easy" like youre hell bent on proving your argumentative ability, but unfortunately you fall short by over generalizing, as well as attempting to use arithmetic to make baseless claims.

    try again.

    Every argument can be broken down into a conditional statement formula from which you can determine using the rules of formal logic and valid inference whether the argument is valid or invalid. You are claiming something which COULD be true as if it IS true... you cannot logically do this. I suggest you look up conditional reasoning and mistaken cause/effect for more information if you are not understanding the basic concepts at play which it appears you are not.

    For example, it doesn't matter whether 1. is a blanket statement or not, or whether you think 5. is irrelevant or not... they are other possibilities for why a new GA mode has not been implemented... the mere possibility for a single other explanation for either/or claim is enough to render it an invalid claim logically.
    it is an obvious fact. why would a low player base NOT be a big reason to divide up the community? why do i have to explain this to adults?

    also, them releasing a new game mode in 2019 has literally nothing to do with me saying the low playerbase is a big reason why they arent making HU its own separate option.

    It is not a "fact" at all lol... it is an invalid inference based on your assumption that the reason for X is because Y... and not because of ZABCDEFG etc... It COULD be a reason, or it could be something completely different... and to assert otherwise is pure ignorance.

  • If I didn't have these forums, my place of work would have been torched long long ago. #forumentertainment
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    If I didn't have these forums, my place of work would have been torched long long ago. #forumentertainment

    Forum PVP (after Usenet pvp of course) is the best PVP!
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    If I didn't have these forums, my place of work would have been torched long long ago. #forumentertainment

    Forum PVP (after Usenet pvp of course) is the best PVP!

    I've just gotta say, I've lurked around countless forums in my time, but this one here I wouldn't trade for the world. Since 15 it's been my go to and I'll never leave. Such a mixture of intelligence,sarcasm,ignorance,pettiness and hilarity all with some star wars sprinkled on top. I appreciate you all and may the force be with you! See you in 2019 and BF3 in ten years!
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    You could say that about anyone on any thread for any game. Why even have a forum if you are going to just make excuses for negative feedback? Also, I know a lot of people who won't even play the game during these events, but are you seriously going to tell me that people who stopped playing the game months ago are suddenly coming back just for these events?
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    You could say that about anyone on any thread for any game. Why even have a forum if you are going to just make excuses for negative feedback? Also, I know a lot of people who won't even play the game during these events, but are you seriously going to tell me that people who stopped playing the game months ago are suddenly coming back just for these events?

    I've seen some people on my friends list during these events who I hadn't seen online for weeks/months... so ya, there are at least some who are.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    You could say that about anyone on any thread for any game. Why even have a forum if you are going to just make excuses for negative feedback? Also, I know a lot of people who won't even play the game during these events, but are you seriously going to tell me that people who stopped playing the game months ago are suddenly coming back just for these events?

    I've seen some people on my friends list during these events who I hadn't seen online for weeks/months... so ya, there are at least some who are.

    But then they left again, right?
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    You could say that about anyone on any thread for any game. Why even have a forum if you are going to just make excuses for negative feedback? Also, I know a lot of people who won't even play the game during these events, but are you seriously going to tell me that people who stopped playing the game months ago are suddenly coming back just for these events?

    I've seen some people on my friends list during these events who I hadn't seen online for weeks/months... so ya, there are at least some who are.

    But then they left again, right?

    Some have disappeared again, some are still around. EA are the only ones who actually know what their player retention is, and they release no info so all we have is anecdotal evidence.
  • Most (I said most not all of you) of the players who like heroes unleashed are casual players or noobs who aren’t good enough to get the heroes normally in GA. If you want to play heroes so badly go play HvV.
  • What really had called back some players was Geonosis and Obi-Wan not heroes unleashed. Heroes unleashed is a repellent at long.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »
    Bunch of babies. I cant even imagine you guys waiting for a promotion on your job.

    There's no way that someone who comes onto the forums to complain about a three day event for a video game has a real life job, lol.

    Yet here you are, coming onto the forums to complain........do you have a real life job?

    I come on to the forums all the time while I am working... its amazing.

    Indeed. Agreed.
    I also have a job and I don't have no one over me because I work for me, I'm a free professionist. When I decide to do a pause sometimes I came here and I comment. I don't see nothing wrong with this.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »
    Bunch of babies. I cant even imagine you guys waiting for a promotion on your job.

    There's no way that someone who comes onto the forums to complain about a three day event for a video game has a real life job, lol.

    Yet here you are, coming onto the forums to complain........do you have a real life job?

    I come on to the forums all the time while I am working... its amazing.

    Indeed. Agreed.
    I also have a job and I don't have no one over me because I work for me, I'm a free professionist. When I decide to do a pause sometimes I came here and I comment. I don't see nothing wrong with this.

    People tend to assume that if they cannot do something while working, that others cannot as well. In my case I work in healthcare and I own my own company, so when I am not directly treating patients or presenting something, I have time to check the forums between doing notes, meetings etc. To bad I can't use my gaming PC for my work, or I would be sneaking in GA matches as well!
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »
    Bunch of babies. I cant even imagine you guys waiting for a promotion on your job.

    There's no way that someone who comes onto the forums to complain about a three day event for a video game has a real life job, lol.

    Yet here you are, coming onto the forums to complain........do you have a real life job?

    I come on to the forums all the time while I am working... its amazing.

    Indeed. Agreed.
    I also have a job and I don't have no one over me because I work for me, I'm a free professionist. When I decide to do a pause sometimes I came here and I comment. I don't see nothing wrong with this.

    People tend to assume that if they cannot do something while working, that others cannot as well. In my case I work in healthcare and I own my own company, so when I am not directly treating patients or presenting something, I have time to check the forums between doing notes, meetings etc. To bad I can't use my gaming PC for my work, or I would be sneaking in GA matches as well!

    3b4l5pd2blpi.jpeg
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    You might aswell consider probing towards the opposite direction by offering a "No Heroes" GA Event... in a separate "Event Playlist" of course.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    You might aswell consider probing towards the opposite direction by offering a "No Heroes" GA Event... in a separate "Event Playlist" of course.

    l0cajmevjyi7.gif

  • #HEROES UNLEASHED WILL RETURN
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    #HEROES UNLEASHED WILL RETURN

    rntgwysyjthv.gif
  • I hate this HU mode as well, it's extremely boring. Please make it separate from normal GA.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    #HEROES UNLEASHED WILL RETURN

    Hashtags don't look right with spaces in them.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Keep Heroes Unleashed! Disappointed I couldn’t play this weekend!
  • Keep Heroes Unleashed! Disappointed I couldn’t play this weekend!

    We are not suggesting to cancel it forever, we only ask the chance to choose if play it or not.
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    Most (I said most not all of you) of the players who like heroes unleashed are casual players or noobs who aren’t good enough to get the heroes normally in GA. If you want to play heroes so badly go play HvV.

    I keep saying this. But I'll say it again. It has nothing to do with being a noob or casual or whether you're good at Galactic Assault or not. This is a Star Wars game. Most of the players that have stuck it out are obviously Star Wars fans. And many of us enjoy playing as our favorite heroes. I really enjoyed the BF2015 HvV. I can't stand this version and consider it virtually unplayable. There is no enjoyment for me.

    Heroes Unleashed is the HvV mode I've always dreamed of. It plays completely different from Galactic Assault (which I happen to be quite good at and also enjoy). I like the chaos. The chaos creates a challenge. A killstreak, imo, is more rewarding in Heroes Unleashed.

    Enough of this noob stuff. I would like to think there are plenty of good gamers out there that feel just like I do.
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    Most (I said most not all of you) of the players who like heroes unleashed are casual players or noobs who aren’t good enough to get the heroes normally in GA. If you want to play heroes so badly go play HvV.

    I keep saying this. But I'll say it again. It has nothing to do with being a noob or casual or whether you're good at Galactic Assault or not. This is a Star Wars game. Most of the players that have stuck it out are obviously Star Wars fans. And many of us enjoy playing as our favorite heroes. I really enjoyed the BF2015 HvV. I can't stand this version and consider it virtually unplayable. There is no enjoyment for me.

    Heroes Unleashed is the HvV mode I've always dreamed of. It plays completely different from Galactic Assault (which I happen to be quite good at and also enjoy). I like the chaos. The chaos creates a challenge. A killstreak, imo, is more rewarding in Heroes Unleashed.

    Enough of this noob stuff. I would like to think there are plenty of good gamers out there that feel just like I do.
    I’m with you Sharky
  • I don't understand why people don't like it. It's so chaotic and fun to play. It wasn't like it was a whole week.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    Then make it a separate mode???.......

    Or are you really afraid of showing how scarce youve made your player base?

    False Dilemma called to congratulate you on the textbook usage example you have provided.

    theres nothing false about it really. think about it. theres only ONE reason for them to not make a HU permanent tile for all who enjoy it.

    because the playerbase isnt big enough and it will affect the amount of players in other modes. they dont want to admit that, so they just stick with this map rotation nonsense.

    A false dilemma is an informal fallacy where you present a situation as only having 2 possibilities (either/or) when more exist... this is exactly what you have done twice now lol... there could be a plethora of reasons for them not to make HU permanent, hence the reason your assertion is the informal fallacy listed above.

    Go ahead and list for me the plethora of reasons

    This is almost too easy...
    1. Dennis has decided he doesn't want it to be permanent.
    2. They transferred the programmers responsible for adding a new game mode tab to heroes to another project.
    3. Disney has not approved the addition of it as a permanent new mode.
    4. This mode is only serving as a test bed for hero systems in the new mode and thus it isn't worth making it permanent.
    5. They are planning on making a new permanent hero mode and have not managed to implement it yet.
    6. EA is prohibiting DICE from adding a new permanent game mode that would steal thunder from the new non linear mode.
    7. They don't want people to permanently be able to access heroes with such ease in GA.
    8. They don't want to utilize the additional servers which may be necessary to support a second concurrent variation of GA.

    In short, you are stating in logical terms that "not implementing HU as its own independent mode" is sufficient to conclude the necessary condition with 100% certainty that "their player base is too low to support HU and GA as independent modes"... this is logically fallacious as them not adding a new mode cannot prove the necessary condition you assert it can prove... hence your false dilemma where you present an either/or scenario which is easily shown as NOT being either/or.

    In order for your logic to be valid, the only 2 possible valid conditional statements would be:
    Sufficent condition: Not implement HU seperately
    Necessary Condition: Not enough players

    NIHUS ---> NEP

    and the contrapositive:
    Sufficient condition: Implement HU seperately
    Necessary condition: Enough Players

    IHUS ---> EP

    If you can show anything other than these two scenarios as being possible, then your conclusion is false... so, I could say "they aren't implementing it as its own mode because Disney hasn't approved its permanent addition"... that just showed that you cannot logically conclude the either/or situation you are concluding.

    alright so first these mental gymnastics youre doing have no bearing on the truth or my opinion. . any rational person would agree that a low playerbase is a big reason not to introduce a new game mode that would further divide it.

    second of all, most if not all of the reasons youve put forth are blanket statements that are irrelevant to my assertion that they dont want to affect the dwindling playerbase. but ill entertain you and go down the line and eliminate them one by one ;)

    1. blanket statement. (why doesnt he want it as a permanent mode?)
    2. this sounds like something you just made up. you act like they need an armada of programmers to add an event, which, is nothing more than a modified stock mode, to the home tiles. they dont.
    3. another blanket statement. (why dont they want it as a permanent new mode? what would they lose?)
    4. they LITERALLY sent out a poll asking if players wanted this to be a permanent game mode. so your "test" theory is nullified.
    5. irrelevant.
    6. you actually manage to backup my point here. why would they worry about "thunder" being stolen from a new mode? lol dont they have enough players to support gameplay in ALL their modes? also: when a new mode comes out most if not all of the playerbase is going to play it, regardless if a HU permanent game mode exists.
    7. if they didnt want people to access heroes with such ease in galactic assault then why are they considering making this a permanent feature? also, why even do the event in the first place then? on TOP this next one which is cutting the price of heroes in half.
    8. what additional servers? you mean the same ones they use for ALL of their "concurrent" modes such as several galactic assaults, several HvV, several SF assaults, several strikes? very trivial reason to not make an event a separate tile. the fact they you even put forth such an argument is silly.

    you use "lol" and "too easy" like youre hell bent on proving your argumentative ability, but unfortunately you fall short by over generalizing, as well as attempting to use arithmetic to make baseless claims.

    try again.

  • I would just like to add that the separate playlists would be amazing!

    I really like my troopers though because I spent time on them and it’s incredibly satisfying to takeout a hero - I’ve been able to take out 7-10 heroes every round just using troopers because unlike them I don’t show up on map constantly and have lots of fun toys at my disposal. Doing this, objectives and just other eliminations usually lands me in top 3 and with those sweet sweet credits :-)

  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Sadly, the imminent unlimited power event is just another heroes unleashed.. Really bad days..

    Not quite. In HU all the heroes are available, but in regular GA only 2 two heroes are available in phase 1 and 2 and 4 in phase 3. The prices are just lowered :smiley:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

    cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

    ❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

    #BunsForBattlefront




  • When people play a game literally for one mode and can't play it due to any change, one begins to think it's more user error than anything else..........
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    If I didn't have these forums, my place of work would have been torched long long ago. #forumentertainment

    Forum PVP (after Usenet pvp of course) is the best PVP!

    I've just gotta say, I've lurked around countless forums in my time, but this one here I wouldn't trade for the world. Since 15 it's been my go to and I'll never leave. Such a mixture of intelligence,sarcasm,ignorance,pettiness and hilarity all with some star wars sprinkled on top. I appreciate you all and may the force be with you! See you in 2019 and BF3 in ten years!

    My vote for post of 2018 as it sums up the forums perfectly. This place is a comedy club located within an insane asylum. I'm not just a patient, I'm here for the entertainment.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    If I didn't have these forums, my place of work would have been torched long long ago. #forumentertainment

    Forum PVP (after Usenet pvp of course) is the best PVP!

    I've just gotta say, I've lurked around countless forums in my time, but this one here I wouldn't trade for the world. Since 15 it's been my go to and I'll never leave. Such a mixture of intelligence,sarcasm,ignorance,pettiness and hilarity all with some star wars sprinkled on top. I appreciate you all and may the force be with you! See you in 2019 and BF3 in ten years!

    My vote for post of 2018 as it sums up the forums perfectly. This place is a comedy club located within an insane asylum. I'm not just a patient, I'm here for the entertainment.

    Thanks! I really like your analogy there also lol long live the BF forums! HUEHUEHUE
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    When people play a game literally for one mode and can't play it due to any change, one begins to think it's more user error than anything else..........

    They turn it into a mode where infantry become glorified ai, which is completely different than what the mode is intended to be.

    We aren't even asking them not to do it, just to give a separate playlist.

    With the majority going to hu, we might actually get lobbies full of objective players making GA great.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    While this event might not be for everyone, it's a popular event with a lot of players.

    You might not find a lot of positive player comments here on the forums though. They're most likely playing during the event :-)

    Pics or it didn’t happen!
    #infantrylivesmatter
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!