criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Most of the SW universe will aggree more OT content is needed

Replies

• Raices wrote: »
    Having cartoons characters in this game is more immersion breaking that cross-era tbh.

Yeah seeing characters with giant bobble heads, twig limbs and huge bug eyes would actually break muh immersion

Or they attempt to translate them into normal looking people and its awful like dopey cartoon Kenobi skin.

Jub Jub mode in OG Battlefront looked less ridiculous, tbh.
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Founding member and chief commissar of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I love the argument of TCW or fanatical PT fans. They dont want background characters from the OT, yet will happily take a background character from the PT. Or even a character who hasnt appeared in a live action film (Ahsoka).

Hypocritical?

What background character from PT? We haven't got the main characters from the PT done yet. We've got two games of a full roster of OT main characters though.

Maybe we should be asking for Rose and DJ then since clearly being in a movie makes them far better options than a dual blade force wielder like Ahsoka lol. Can't imagine anyone wanting to play as that, especially not the legion of Ahsoka fans who might all the sudden get interested in this game.
  • TjPunx
    960 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    OT characters like Dengar, Nein, etc.....
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    Now OT is limited? Those who think that got limited minds.
    We have enough of CW content.
    I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem.
  • maps of OT and space battles, hero's are good atm maybe the rouge one hero's but that's it, but a match where you have to blow up the Death Star on endor with one phase blowing up the shield generators on land the moving to space to blow it up would be epic
  • budzai
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    DarthJ wrote: »
    This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

This game was meant to balance out the eras. Not to still suck-up to the Original Trilogy, like they did with the first game. "EA front II" is what "EA front (2015)" should've been, but wasn't. And people who say the Original Trilogy is superior to the Prequels "in every way" are nothing but biased bigots who need to remove the nostalgia goggles and take their heads out of their a**.

The Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars deserves far more content, in this game (Other than those that're already confirmed.. Ahsoka, Rex, Jango Fett, Mace Windu.. Mustafar, Utapau, Coruscant. etc.)

STOP WITH THE ORIGINAL CONTENT PLEAS, ALREADY!!

All trilogies deserve attention.

Nope. ST trilogy is one of the biggest trash ever created in human history.
  • budzai wrote: »
    This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

This game was meant to balance out the eras. Not to still suck-up to the Original Trilogy, like they did with the first game. "EA front II" is what "EA front (2015)" should've been, but wasn't. And people who say the Original Trilogy is superior to the Prequels "in every way" are nothing but biased bigots who need to remove the nostalgia goggles and take their heads out of their a**.

The Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars deserves far more content, in this game (Other than those that're already confirmed.. Ahsoka, Rex, Jango Fett, Mace Windu.. Mustafar, Utapau, Coruscant. etc.)

Lol overrated....really?! I can't state this enough it seems. The OT started it all!!! You wouldnt have the PT or your cartoons if it wasnt for the OT!

All trilogies deserve attention. Once this batch of CW content ends its another trilogies turn, and they can come back to PT later

Nope. ST trilogy is one of the bigest trash ever created in human histroy.

Nope. TFA is the 5th best SW film ever made.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
    I love the argument of TCW or fanatical PT fans. They dont want background characters from the OT, yet will happily take a background character from the PT. Or even a character who hasnt appeared in a live action film (Ahsoka).

Hypocritical?

Why does it matter if they haven't been in a live-action film? Why is that the measuring stick for viable content that people like to use to justify their seething dislike of the CW series? From my point of view, everything in Star Wars is fair game, whether it be from the films, TV shows, comics, and/or novels, but start big then go small. In other words, a character like Ahsoka is a major character in Star Wars, but IG-88 is a minor character. A planet like Utapau is a major planet, but Canto Bight is a minor planet. A character like Grand Admiral Thrawn is a major character, but Nute Gunray is a minor character. A planet like Scarif is a major planet, but a planet like Umbara is a minor planet.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu

I dunno, I think that reality TV, dubstep, and Scientology could certainly challenge for that title, plus about a million more things.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts

I dunno, I think that reality TV, dubstep, and Scientology could certainly challenge for that title, plus about a million more things.

ONE of the biggest.

Lol overrated....really?! I can't state this enough it seems. The OT started it all!!! You wouldnt have the PT or your cartoons if it wasnt for the OT!

All trilogies deserve attention. Once this batch of CW content ends its another trilogies turn, and they can come back to PT later

You are not funny.
    What is good in it? The breaking of the Lore? The worst acting in any star wars movie? Or because it is just a copy of The new hope with worse, less logical story?
    budzai wrote: »

You are not funny.
    What is good in it? The breaking of the Lore? The worst acting in any star wars movie? Or because it is just a copy of The new hope with worse, less logical story?

lolprequels break the lore (midiclorians lel) and are the poster child of wooden acting (I don't like sand) far more than anything in TFA.

Yeah TFA is a "copy" of ANH I remember the part when Luke teamed up with a deserting Stormtrooper, got chased by giant tentacle monsters, and got caught and interrogated by the main badguy before fighting him as some other character blew up the Deathstar.

Soft Reboot =/= Copy. Superhero movies do it like 2 or 3 times a decade and no one cries wOrSt ThInG eVaR!!!11!one! about those.

TFA is a top 5 SW film. It's the first two prequels that sit in joint last place with TLJ and RotS just above them.
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Founding member and chief commissar of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st

You are not funny.

The ANH clone critique. Did you come up with that all on your own? A less “logical” story? Um, it’s Star Wars. Just give up.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

You are not funny.

lolprequels break the lore (midiclorians lel) and are the poster child of wooden acting (I don't like sand) far more than anything in TFA.

Yeah TFA is a "copy" of ANH I remember the part when Luke teamed up with a deserting Stormtrooper, got chased by giant tentacle monsters, and got caught and interrogated by the main badguy before fighting him as some other character blew up the Deathstar.

Soft Reboot =/= Copy. Superhero movies do it like 2 or 3 times a decade and no one cries wOrSt ThInG eVaR!!!11!one! about those.

TFA is a top 5 SW film. It's the first two prequels that sit in joint last place with TLJ and RotS just above them.

OK, I'm going to shock you with these 2 words: I agree (at least with this one part). No idea why George felt the need to put a scientific bent on the force with the midichlorians because the concept of being "force sensitive" didn't really need an explanation and the acting is indeed hammy. The only who thought did a decent job were Ian McDiarmid, Liam Neeson, and Ewan McGregor in Ep III. Even the great Sam Jackson was wooden. However, Alec Guinness once said of the original Star Wars script that it was "ropey", and in some places it is, but not to the same extent as the PT.
    TFA may not be a straight shot-for-shot copy, but it's main plot points are there.
    1. Bad guys in white armour attack people to get vital data with a scary guy dressed in black wearing a mask.
    2. Vital data is secreted in a droid that gets away.
    3. Droid finds its way to a lonely person on a desert planet who yearns for a better life.
    4. Person is a skilled pilot and knows how to tinker with machinery.
    5. Droid and person escape desert planet to return data to rebel group.
    6. Droid and person get help from a well known smuggler.
    7. The Cantina.
    8. Person is told they are force sensitive like a Jedi.
    9. Bad guys have a giant space station that can destroy a planet.
    10. People must rescue another person being held captive on the giant space station.
    11. Wise old mentor gets killed causing emotional outburst from force sensitive person.
    12. Giant space station gets blown up by small band of rebels against impossible odds.
    The thing about superhero movies is that it's the same character(s) being given a similar origin story because that's how it's written in the original source material. The characters in TFA are an entirely different set of characters with events set in an entirely different time so the likelihood of them having a similar origin story to the characters from 30+ years in the past should be infinitesimaly smaller than the same character being rebooted in a comic book movie.
    My Concepts

Hypocritical?

Why does it matter if they haven't been in a live-action film? Why is that the measuring stick for viable content that people like to use to justify their seething dislike of the CW series? From my point of view, everything in Star Wars is fair game, whether it be from the films, TV shows, comics, and/or novels, but start big then go small. In other words, a character like Ahsoka is a major character in Star Wars, but IG-88 is a minor character. A planet like Utapau is a major planet, but Canto Bight is a minor planet. A character like Grand Admiral Thrawn is a major character, but Nute Gunray is a minor character. A planet like Scarif is a major planet, but a planet like Umbara is a minor planet.

Because a cartoon character like Ahsoka doesn't fit in a game based of movie characters appearances. Ahsoka will always be the cartoon character until they introduce her in a live action film or series or even a comic series(comic characters have a more movie accurate appearance representation than most cartoons).

Hypocritical?

Because a cartoon character like Ahsoka doesn't fit in a game based of movie characters appearances. Ahsoka will always be the cartoon character until they introduce her in a live action film or series or even a comic series(comic characters have a more movie accurate appearance representation than most cartoons).

Or if Gentle Giant make a real-life Ahsoka mini-bust that they reveal at SDCC? You know, like they did this year.
    fook3gpjd54v.jpg
    Sideshow Collectibles also had a real-life bust of Ventress too.
    hd836otfgkzo.jpg
    The worst part about all this isn't people saying that these characters don't belong in a Star Wars game because they're animated and not live-action characters, it's believing that the developers don't have the skill to be able to make something that's only existed in an animated form look realistic. I find it incredibly insulting to talk down these people who are doing things most of us couldn't even dream of being able to do let alone understand, especially since this game already has several things in it that originated in animation like starfighters, appearances and weapons.
    My Concepts

Hypocritical?

Well unfortunately your opinion is wrong. Any star wars content that is not in a film is irrelevant. Its just how it is. Eventually people will understand

Hypocritical?

Well unfortunately your opinion is wrong. Any star wars content that is not in a film is irrelevant. Its just how it is. Eventually people will understand

Well unfortunately your opinion is wrong as the ga,e already includes many assets that aren’t in the films but are from other material
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST

Hypocritical?

Again....why does that matter?
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member

New OT content should be added.
  • Zinjo wrote: »
    Prequel content has been added consistently since launch, with exception of the blip for the Solo update which was pretty small comparatively. It's time to move past the clone wars for a bit and give it a rest for a while IMO.
    They can do an OT update with just 2015 maps and Imperial skins at this point. Then they can concentrate on game fixes and new bling for several months while we gorge ourselves on the classic maps played with this new class system.
    For the ST fans, it would simply take opening up the boundaries on existing maps made for this game that we really haven't fully explored yet or maps only played in the single player game.
    Again, the lesser amount of time and effort to do this would save them much needed time to fully fix the gameplay issues and generate the scratch built new content for later updates.
    Recycling is supposed to be a good thing right?

The reason prequel content has been added consistently is because of the severe lack of it at the beginning of the game. There is still a lack of content, when you compare it to the OT and the fact that the previous game was OT-only.

I'm not against OT content, but my view is that there needs to be a lot more PT content. As I said, the last game was only the OT, so in theory there should be more from the PT and ST than the OT. I do agree with you that they should explore the campaign maps. I really enjoyed those maps, and I don't understand why they haven't been included in online modes. It would be a great way to rejuvenate the game.
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    p4bfv8jiw8le.jpeg
    v8feriks7fnu.jpeg
    Just look at this, we need these skins for Leia, she's an strong female character into the star wars universe, she deserve it.

Hypocritical?

Probably one of the worst opinions I've ever seen in my life.
    I pity those that are this narrow-minded.
    My Concepts
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    p4bfv8jiw8le.jpeg
    v8feriks7fnu.jpeg
    Just look at this, we need these skins for Leia, she's an strong female character into the star wars universe, she deserve it.

Yes, we do. We also need her Bespin outfit.
    My Concepts
    p4bfv8jiw8le.jpeg
    v8feriks7fnu.jpeg

I agree
  • New content is good content. Give me something to spend my credits on! I'll likely have close to 1 million credits by the time Dooku comes, and I have unlocked every single skin, emote and victory pose. I'm also chipping away at all the milestones. Rogue One content, The Last Jedi skins, Dengar, Luke skins, Maul skins, Mace Windu, Padme, Bespin, Deathstar Trench Run, Cad Bane, WHATEVER. Just give us MORE.
  • We want Nein back
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    We want Nein back

No, you do
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    We want Nein back

No, you do

Me too so we do
    TjPunx wrote: »
    We want Nein back

No, you do

Me too so we do

I'm with you too! *walks into room like Luke in jedi* plenty of OT content especially rogue one left to come
  • Uhhh the last battlefront was completely dedicated to the Original Trilogy or did you guys miss that?
  • Any new content as long as it not from the sequels(rogue one is fine)
  • How come if I go into a PT content thread and mention OT or anything else, as do others, we get reprimanded. Yet PT folk come on this thread going on about wanting more PT content and nothing happens....
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
    How come if I go into a PT content thread and mention OT or anything else, as do others, we get reprimanded. Yet PT folk come on this thread going on about wanting more PT content and nothing happens....

I'm starting to think that the real Star Wars are the ones between OT and PT supporters.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
    How come if I go into a PT content thread and mention OT or anything else, as do others, we get reprimanded. Yet PT folk come on this thread going on about wanting more PT content and nothing happens....

It is weird, but it only a select few you target each other I think

Hypocritical?

Well unfortunately your opinion is wrong as the ga,e already includes many assets that aren’t in the films but are from other material

I know. How wrong is that? Totally agree
  • GenxDarchi
    6636 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Xerogon wrote: »
    Uhhh the last battlefront was completely dedicated to the Original Trilogy or did you guys miss that?

Does it matter tho? If it's a new game, It doesn't matter what era the last one was in, as the last one isn't this one.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

Hypocritical?

No, considering Ahsoka is in no way a background character
  • Dash
    11430 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    DarthLando wrote: »

Hypocritical?

Even in character reviews/pedias, she’s Not considered a “Main” character.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/aminoapps.com/c/cartoon/amp/blog/character-analysis-ahsoka-tano/8BEI_muXWeGJ04o531KozZbppp3rMG

q4z0chdyyym2.jpeg

I don’t care if she’s added either way. She most likely will be. Doesn’t bother me at all. But she was never a “Main” character. She was Always a support character/Side character. More of a “Kids can relate” character.

She was always there for hijinks, Support, and brought in and out randomly based on Plot. A Main character is Always there 24/7.

Just my two cents.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

You are not funny.

How is midiclorians break the lore? Pls. tell me.
    But u know what does it? Rey whole character. Ma-rey Sueeeeeeeee
    I would take Hayden "wooden acting" any day instead of widen eyes and heavy breathing that Boyega and Daisy do every fing time. LoL Harrison Ford was so bored it was painful to watch him.

Yeah and most of the superhero movies suck anyway. https://i.stack.imgur.com/bznz4.jpg

U are just a shallow guy who thinks star wars is just about rebels vs imperials, tie-fighters, x-wing and some space samurais who use some weird magic they call "the force". U see it u are happy.

You are not funny.

The ANH clone critique. Did you come up with that all on your own? A less “logical” story? Um, it’s Star Wars. Just give up.

Why should I? I have a good laugh on guys like u. Just because it is a space fantasy it still should stick to its world's rules and characters should act logically and according to their personality/status.
  • Dash wrote: »

Hypocritical?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/aminoapps.com/c/cartoon/amp/blog/character-analysis-ahsoka-tano/8BEI_muXWeGJ04o531KozZbppp3rMG

q4z0chdyyym2.jpeg

I don’t care if she’s added either way. She most likely will be. Doesn’t bother me at all. But she was never a “Main” character. She was Always a support character/Side character. More of a “Kids can relate” character.

She was always there for hijinks, Support, and brought in and out randomly based on Plot. A Main character is Always there 24/7.

Just my two cents.

No character was there 24/7. The best you could say throughout the whole series was that Ahsoka shared main character status with Anakin (that's pretty much the case). #3 on the show as a whole was Obi-Wan, but Mace, Yoda, Artoo and others had dedicated episodes and story arcs as well.

Overall, since we already know the origin and the ultimate fate of Anakin from the movies, the show's place in Star Wars lore, besides tightening up some missing pieces of the prequels (and even the OT in Yoda's final story arc), is the story of Ahsoka.

My 2 cents.

I'm a supporter, and want her in the game more than any other character, but objectively speaking Mace should come before her.

I'm an Original Trilogy guy really though.

I want more content, and won't complain regardless of which era it comes from.
  • budzai
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2018

You are not funny.

Pls tell me how Midiclorians break the lore? (I want to laugh)
    MaReySUEEEEEEEEEE alone breaks the lore more than midiclorians.

Yeah and most of the superhero movies suck. http://i.imgur.com/ibUFVNe.jpg
    Most of the differences are there because Luke isn't a Mary Sue so he would be in trouble in Rey's shoes. ( there was a tentacle monster in the trash compactor lol)

Yeah for u is top 5 may be. And why? because u think star wars is just rebels vs imperials. Star destroyers, x-wing, death star and some space samurais with a weird magic called "the Force". U see this and it is enough to make u happy. lol.

You are not funny.

Why should I? I have a good laugh on guys like u. Just because it is a space fantasy it still should stick to its world's rules and characters should act logically and according to their personality/status.
  • Dash
    11430 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »

Hypocritical?

q4z0chdyyym2.jpeg

Just my two cents.

No character was there 24/7. The best you could say throughout the whole series was that Ahsoka shared main character status with Anakin (that's pretty much the case). #3 on the show as a whole was Obi-Wan, but Mace, Yoda, Artoo and others had dedicated episodes and story arcs as well.

Overall, since we already know the origin and the ultimate fate of Anakin from the movies, the show's place in Star Wars lore, besides tightening up some missing pieces of the prequels (and even the OT in Yoda's final story arc), is the story of Ahsoka.

My 2 cents.

I'm a supporter, and want her in the game more than any other character, but objectively speaking Mace should come before her.

I didn’t mean for the 24:7 to be taken literally. What i should have said is Characters that have overwhelming importance to the story itself. Not characters that are in and out. We only recently saw the time travel in Star Wars featuring Ahsoka in Rebels. And we have yet to see how that even plays out afterwards if we ever see that at all.

With Mace Windu, we know he has weight, Qui-Gon, Maul, Han, Etc. We can name other characters that were significant beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And I’m not choosing sides either. I’m on the “More Content is Good” point of view. But as I said, to ME, and to others here as well, Ahsoka is not a “Main” character. She’s a conveniently placed character.

And I’ll play her 100% if/when she’s added too. Maybe they’ll even give her a Legendary Dual Reverse style White Saber skin. Who knows. But I don’t see her as a main character at all.

Again, Just my two cents.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »

Hypocritical?

q4z0chdyyym2.jpeg

Just my two cents.

My 2 cents.

I didn’t mean for the 24:7 to be taken literally. What i should have said is Characters that have overwhelming importance to the story itself. Not characters that are in and out. We only recently saw the time travel in Star Wars featuring Ahsoka in Rebels. And we have yet to see how that even plays out afterwards if we ever see that at all.

With Mace Windu, we know he has weight, Qui-Gon, Maul, Han, Etc. We can name other characters that were significant beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And I’m not choosing sides either. I’m on the “More Content is Good” point of view. But as I said, to ME, and to others here as well, Ahsoka is not a “Main” character. She’s a conveniently placed character.

And I’ll play her 100% if/when she’s added too. Maybe they’ll even give her a Legendary Dual Reverse style White Saber skin. Who knows. But I don’t see her as a main character at all.

Again, Just my two cents.

That's the thing though. We can find reviewers who don't think Ahsoka was a main character, but Dave Filoni and George Lucas clearly thought otherwise as do many fans of the show.

Clone Wars was an ensemble cast show. It wasn't entirely following any given individual. But clearly Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka got the most air time. Filoni and Lucas had stories they wanted to tell, and Ahsoka's story was most definitely one of them.

The most impressive thing about the show is the fact no character seemed to just be there for "fan service", for kids, etc. They had a story in mind for all of them. Not just Ahsoka but Captain Rex, other clone troopers, Ventress, Boba Fett, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Hondo Onaka, Barris Offee, Quinlan Vos, Bo Katan, Maul, Mother Talzin, etc. all had story arcs going.

That's why the fans were outraged when Disney cancelled the show. They cut off a lot of the stories going on. Some made it to books and comics like Dark Disciple and Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir. We will see how much they get to in this Season 7.
  • Ahsoka also wasn't just there for her own story. She was a very integral part of Anakin's development. Yoda assigned her to Anakin in hopes that the responsibility of a Padawan would help with his growth as a Jedi. But it also fed into his issues with attachments. Then her trial and leaving the Jedi furthered Anakin's growing frustration with the Jedi Council.
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    Ahsoka is a terrible character IMO, i don't get why people want it
    Ahsoka is a terrible character IMO, i don't get why people want it

And you don't have to.
    Some people like her character so let's just leave it at that.
    My Concepts