criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lightsaber attack should be instakill

2Next

Replies

• Alex64
    5531 posts Member
    Stun is the real problem here, so there's no balance, lightsaber combat is laughable and inefficient.
    I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem.
  • AmStraightBut50Is50
    137 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    hsf_ wrote: »
    While I agree with the concept(It's a lightsabre, duh!!!), it would be horrifically over powered in GA so I understand why it's not OHK in GA..

Well Grievous can do it... i don't see you complaining about him. OHK lightsabers for troopers has already been introduced into the game with the addition of Grievous and his fully maxed Sith Trained card and no, it's not OP... hell, it's balanced if anything. Know what's not balanced?, trying to hit a SINGLE GUY twice with your primary form of attack while he jumps and rolls around like a mental patient on crack while himself or his buddies light you up and you can't do anything about it.

So you're saying, that because you came up against someone who isn't a complete cabbage and they out played you, that it's not balanced?

Ok then.........

Did you even read the last part of my statement?.

It's not coming up against someone in particular, it's coming up against someone who can delay you so much while being able to deal damage to you on top of other people shooting at you while you're taking so long to take this guy out because they've made the troopers so slippery to hit more than once. Thankfully, most people in this game (or the so-called "cabbages" as you would call them) don't realise how effective and easy it is to cheese saber heroes like this so i don't see many people trying to avoid getting hit like that.

Guess what?, it's not because they "outplayed" you,

I've got news for you lad, it's called being out played.

"Hurr durr, you got outplayed. Git gud noob"

Funny, who do you think the devs are going to pander to. People who give reasons behind their suggestions and explanations in an in-depth analysis like i did in the previous reply?, or people like you who give single sentences and dumb everything down to someone "being outplayed".

If i didn't feel like it was a topic that should've been brought up for discussion (me getting outplayed fair and square instead of there being actual issues with the game) then i wouldn't have brought it up in the first place, Einstein. Like the OP has with the topic in the first place.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • Dash wrote: »
    So.....back on topic,

which I think is warranted especially because of the coming changes to saber combat.

If they do not increase saber damage, then they should look into the invincibility frames again. As many have been experiencing recently with HU, it takes a lot of patience and timing to finish off one trooper that spams rolling, just one trooper.

I believe the only people that complained about rolling invincibility that was justified was with the heroes with blasters.

There is no skill in rolling. This is an arcade like multiplayer video game. It is not like a skill I need for job. We are here to have fun. The rolling boy troopers are not heroes; they should not have that much invincibility.

Agreed. +1.

@Qui_Gon_J1nn_n_Juice , That makes sense. If the saber damage isn’t increased, it’s only Logical to focus on the I-frames from rolling as an alternative route for the balancing solution with the coming saber changes.

Although I do feel the stagger being removed, as well as the saber vortex/black hole being gone, will be quite the improvement in itself. I’d like to see that first before proceeding.

IMO.

Thanks for the response.

I am hoping that developers will not entirely focus on lightsaber hero vs lightsaber hero without considering lightsaber hero vs infantry.

At this point, BP is better spent on a reinforcer/AT-ST than hero that is so fragile and has a bad accuracy in hitting a rolling trooper.

I am hoping it is not impossible for DICE to isolate trooper invincibility frames from blaster heroes.

It feels that troopers still has a better chance in rolling out of saber attack than saber hero connecting a hit.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2375 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Saber heroes last game having a large amount of health and one hit killing troopers with a saber was fine for balance, not sure why saber heroes with a lower amount of health one hit killing troopers wouldn't be balanced.

They'd be fine. I'd still have zero reason to pick them when I can OHK multiple troopers from range with one Alt-Fire.

Or OHK snipe them with an aimbot alt fire from the other end of the map.

Or press two buttons and multi OHK any troopers that I move my cursor across getting 20 health back for each

Or toss a gas grenade/ lightning/imploder in the general direction of a crowd of 10 and OHK all of them.
  • annnyway i think that troopers should still have at least a smidge of a chance against the lightsabers #lookmommylightsaber
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Saber heroes last game having a large amount of health and one hit killing troopers with a saber was fine for balance, not sure why saber heroes with a lower amount of health one hit killing troopers wouldn't be balanced.

They'd be fine. I'd still have zero reason to pick them when I can OHK multiple troopers from range with one Alt-Fire.

Or OHK snipe them with an aimbot alt fire from the other end of the map.

Or press two buttons and multi OHK any troopers that I move my cursor across getting 20 health back for each

Or toss a gas grenade/ lightning/imploder in the general direction of a crowd of 10 and OHK all of them.

Very insightful. It seems common sense to pick a blaster hero in GA because of the above reasons so much so that one forgets the facts that you just pointed out.

But no one questions these one hit attacks. I am starting to think that the lightsaber one hit dilemma is more psychological than looking for balance. It seems to be more forgiving to shot someone across the map than to defeat him with one hit saber attack.
  • #forumfriends
  • Darth_Vapor3
    2492 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    And there it is. The highest of quality. An example.

#StarWarsForumFront!
    Post edited by Darth_Vapor3 on
  • Dash wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »

Not the same game at all. It is good we have someone like you around to go fix our instruments right? Ya might want to get back to work. “Ok, hi youtube”. :lol:

I was just mildly lampooning your tendency to state the obvious while contributing nothing new, as if it's a revelation, but if you wanna discuss it, let's do so.

It's not the same game, but you'd think someone who's so into Star Wars would agree with the folks who want the one practical canon gameplay element back from the old one: It shouldn't take more than one swing to kill someone with a lightsaber.

I see you've found my YouTube channel. It may shock you, but some of us have hobbies outside of Star Wars. I've seen your channel too, lol. All Star Wars/BF2 and 60 subscribers. Again, shocking.

So yes, I have a YT channel. I've spent hours of my life recording videos, with the intention of making other people's lives easier, in whatever small way I can. It's not all "Look at me!" which is why I have videos with 10k or 20k in views. I know you were surprised. Heck, I am sometimes.
    And frankly, I’ve had enough of your passive aggressive replies. You can kindly disappear for all I care. I’ve been patient with you.

I hope this is the reaction you hoped for after months of diligent work trying to troll me. :lol:

That is mildly humorous coming from you, guy who seems to always have at hand a library of images and gifs with which to troll people with. Someone who is always quick to pounce on anyone with a lesser command of the English language, who clearly can't manage to argue back. Passive aggressive, indeed. You used to try to troll me too, at until you saw that never ended well for you. How easily we forget.

Get a life. More to it than a forum to focus on

Again, ironic coming from the guy with eleven thousand posts on a video game forum. I wonder how many there would be if one were to subtract all your troll image posts? Every now and then is fine, but it's clearly, like, your favorite thing to do, lol

You seem to have it in your head that you're holding court as some forum kind of forum celebrity. "Dash Seal of Approval" <- That pretty much says it all right there. What a joke. Clique Commander Dash, self-professed nice guy, but a **** to anyone who he disagrees with and can get away with trolling.

I don't hate you dude. I don't even know you. I agree with you often, especially when it comes to your thoughts on HvV. They are almost always valid. All I know is the facade you put on when you're here. I even feel bad for you sometimes. When I was a kid, Star Wars was all I had......but I grew up and it's now a small part of my life,but maybe that's how it is for you still. I saw your "I grew up with Luke being my Hero, Han being my Bro, Chewie and Wicket being my friends, Leia was my first crush, Lando was the smoothest Dude Alive! I feared Vader & Respected him. Palpatine was the Devil to me lol." post (I had to go find it just now to reference it) and it was just so corny, it just made me sad. I loved Star Wars too, but even as a kid I had some perspective.

I'll tell you the honest truth, I swear, I didn't even realize it was you, until I scrolled back up, saw your name, and nodded, thinking "It figures".

I don't want to step on your enjoyment of the game, this forum, or anything else. I just think you need to be more cognizant of how you sound to all the people outside of your head, and realize that your opinion isn't any more valuable than anyone else's, when it comes to BF2 and this forum. Maybe this IS your life. I'm sure you have other things going on, but anything is possible.

I'm not the only person on here who is annoyed by your schtick, I've seen other folks take subtle digs at you before ("#StopBullying", etc) but you either ignore it or are too self involved to notice.

I'm just saying, the catchphrases, the gifs, the elaborate sig, the redonkulous post count (I don't care if it's across 2 games, it's still crazy), the "seal", it all just "smells wrong" to the outside observer, brother.

At the end of all of this, it doesn't matter. I'm just some guy, and this is just some forum. I'm not trying to make you depressed or trying tell you to rethink your life. I'm just saying, aside from the post above, because really I was just joshing you (same with the Pence thing. I legit thought your avatar really was Pence, and when I realize it wasn't, I thought it would still be pretty funny if it was, so I did it), that, just in general, you should try to treat everyone, and their opinions, with respect.....even if you're pretty sure you're smarter and can talk rings around them, because everyone deserves respect, and a voice on this forum. You can't even post here unless you bought the game, so they earned it.

If someone wants BF2 to be more like BF1, then by all means, feel free to disagree with them, but nobody needs you to condescendingly point out they are 2 different games. Everyone knows that. That's not productive. And lightsabers should be a 1 hit kill on troopers.

"Just my 2 cents", and Merry Christmas (or Hanukkah).

He has good friends on this forum and people he loves to game with. We make friends on this forum. It is why we enjoy coming here. Dash basically is a forum celebrity. Everyone on here knows who he is.

LOL that's what the Clique Commander joke was about. Yes, he has a small group of folks who spring to his defense. Good for him, really. It's much like playing in parties. My point I was making is there are way more "randos" out there who come to this forum, and are every bit as entitled to their opinions on the game, and they are the ones that typically get singled out to pick on. Again, I was making a general point.

As far as I'm concerned, I said what I had to say and he heard it. A mod can come clean it up if they like. Again, just one rando's opinion and perspective.

I don't mean anyone any malice. I just think some folks take it all a bit too seriously, which I acknowledge is totally ironic in light of my "serious" sounding post saying not to take all this so seriously.

Then let’s not take it too seriously and focus on the topic at hand, and not our opinions of each other? You can blow up my inbox all you want if you like. I’ll even reply too!

Just focus on the topic dude. Because honestly, I don’t dislike you, I just don’t have time to read your opinion of me on a forum about Battlefront when we should be discussing fixing the bugs, adding more Game Modes, Weapons, Maps, Blaster Heroes later down the road, more reinforcements, giving Extraction some love, SFA some love, Arcade some love.

Nobody cares about what you or myself think about each other lol. I don’t even care. Just have fun dude. Or don’t, choice is yours. Balls in your court. <3

#MakeLoveNotWar

1i48t6u0fjh2.jpeg

Fair enough. :D I just saw this, after I made the other posts. If you ever make to the Xbox side of things, maybe you could teach me a thing or 2. I will admit the one thing I AM embarrassed about is that I didn't know you could jump and force push until I saw it in one of the videos you posted, so by all means, smug it up! :D I "learnt" something from you, partner. :p *hat tip*

You know what, you just made yourself a friend man. That’s it, #BeefBegone! Trial by fire! We did it man! You see this people!? Communication! When I get home I’ll hit you up on discord. If you got a headset, get ready, we have a lot to talk about lol. I’ll be at the office for a while. Ttyl!

#BeefBegone! You better trademark that before the vegans get to it. ;)

I have a live headset but no PC one at the moment. I am on discord, but not much. I tend to log in and forget it's on that other tab. :p

Also, in honor of this momentous occasion, I updated my avatar pic to the 2nd one I had intended to continue the "funnily troll Dash's avatar" theme with.

I'll switch it back to Mr. Squirrel later. :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Dash
    11430 posts Member

Not the same game at all. It is good we have someone like you around to go fix our instruments right? Ya might want to get back to work. “Ok, hi youtube”. :lol:

I was just mildly lampooning your tendency to state the obvious while contributing nothing new, as if it's a revelation, but if you wanna discuss it, let's do so.

It's not the same game, but you'd think someone who's so into Star Wars would agree with the folks who want the one practical canon gameplay element back from the old one: It shouldn't take more than one swing to kill someone with a lightsaber.

I see you've found my YouTube channel. It may shock you, but some of us have hobbies outside of Star Wars. I've seen your channel too, lol. All Star Wars/BF2 and 60 subscribers. Again, shocking.

So yes, I have a YT channel. I've spent hours of my life recording videos, with the intention of making other people's lives easier, in whatever small way I can. It's not all "Look at me!" which is why I have videos with 10k or 20k in views. I know you were surprised. Heck, I am sometimes.
    And frankly, I’ve had enough of your passive aggressive replies. You can kindly disappear for all I care. I’ve been patient with you.

I hope this is the reaction you hoped for after months of diligent work trying to troll me. :lol:

That is mildly humorous coming from you, guy who seems to always have at hand a library of images and gifs with which to troll people with. Someone who is always quick to pounce on anyone with a lesser command of the English language, who clearly can't manage to argue back. Passive aggressive, indeed. You used to try to troll me too, at until you saw that never ended well for you. How easily we forget.

Again, ironic coming from the guy with eleven thousand posts on a video game forum. I wonder how many there would be if one were to subtract all your troll image posts? Every now and then is fine, but it's clearly, like, your favorite thing to do, lol

You seem to have it in your head that you're holding court as some forum kind of forum celebrity. "Dash Seal of Approval" <- That pretty much says it all right there. What a joke. Clique Commander Dash, self-professed nice guy, but a **** to anyone who he disagrees with and can get away with trolling.

I don't hate you dude. I don't even know you. I agree with you often, especially when it comes to your thoughts on HvV. They are almost always valid. All I know is the facade you put on when you're here. I even feel bad for you sometimes. When I was a kid, Star Wars was all I had......but I grew up and it's now a small part of my life,but maybe that's how it is for you still. I saw your "I grew up with Luke being my Hero, Han being my Bro, Chewie and Wicket being my friends, Leia was my first crush, Lando was the smoothest Dude Alive! I feared Vader & Respected him. Palpatine was the Devil to me lol." post (I had to go find it just now to reference it) and it was just so corny, it just made me sad. I loved Star Wars too, but even as a kid I had some perspective.

I'll tell you the honest truth, I swear, I didn't even realize it was you, until I scrolled back up, saw your name, and nodded, thinking "It figures".

I don't want to step on your enjoyment of the game, this forum, or anything else. I just think you need to be more cognizant of how you sound to all the people outside of your head, and realize that your opinion isn't any more valuable than anyone else's, when it comes to BF2 and this forum. Maybe this IS your life. I'm sure you have other things going on, but anything is possible.

I'm not the only person on here who is annoyed by your schtick, I've seen other folks take subtle digs at you before ("#StopBullying", etc) but you either ignore it or are too self involved to notice.

I'm just saying, the catchphrases, the gifs, the elaborate sig, the redonkulous post count (I don't care if it's across 2 games, it's still crazy), the "seal", it all just "smells wrong" to the outside observer, brother.

At the end of all of this, it doesn't matter. I'm just some guy, and this is just some forum. I'm not trying to make you depressed or trying tell you to rethink your life. I'm just saying, aside from the post above, because really I was just joshing you (same with the Pence thing. I legit thought your avatar really was Pence, and when I realize it wasn't, I thought it would still be pretty funny if it was, so I did it), that, just in general, you should try to treat everyone, and their opinions, with respect.....even if you're pretty sure you're smarter and can talk rings around them, because everyone deserves respect, and a voice on this forum. You can't even post here unless you bought the game, so they earned it.

If someone wants BF2 to be more like BF1, then by all means, feel free to disagree with them, but nobody needs you to condescendingly point out they are 2 different games. Everyone knows that. That's not productive. And lightsabers should be a 1 hit kill on troopers.

He has good friends on this forum and people he loves to game with. We make friends on this forum. It is why we enjoy coming here. Dash basically is a forum celebrity. Everyone on here knows who he is.

LOL that's what the Clique Commander joke was about. Yes, he has a small group of folks who spring to his defense. Good for him, really. It's much like playing in parties. My point I was making is there are way more "randos" out there who come to this forum, and are every bit as entitled to their opinions on the game, and they are the ones that typically get singled out to pick on. Again, I was making a general point.

As far as I'm concerned, I said what I had to say and he heard it. A mod can come clean it up if they like. Again, just one rando's opinion and perspective.

I don't mean anyone any malice. I just think some folks take it all a bit too seriously, which I acknowledge is totally ironic in light of my "serious" sounding post saying not to take all this so seriously.

Then let’s not take it too seriously and focus on the topic at hand, and not our opinions of each other? You can blow up my inbox all you want if you like. I’ll even reply too!

Just focus on the topic dude. Because honestly, I don’t dislike you, I just don’t have time to read your opinion of me on a forum about Battlefront when we should be discussing fixing the bugs, adding more Game Modes, Weapons, Maps, Blaster Heroes later down the road, more reinforcements, giving Extraction some love, SFA some love, Arcade some love.

Nobody cares about what you or myself think about each other lol. I don’t even care. Just have fun dude. Or don’t, choice is yours. Balls in your court. <3

#MakeLoveNotWar

1i48t6u0fjh2.jpeg

Fair enough. :D I just saw this, after I made the other posts. If you ever make to the Xbox side of things, maybe you could teach me a thing or 2. I will admit the one thing I AM embarrassed about is that I didn't know you could jump and force push until I saw it in one of the videos you posted, so by all means, smug it up! :D I "learnt" something from you, partner. :p *hat tip*

You know what, you just made yourself a friend man. That’s it, #BeefBegone! Trial by fire! We did it man! You see this people!? Communication! When I get home I’ll hit you up on discord. If you got a headset, get ready, we have a lot to talk about lol. I’ll be at the office for a while. Ttyl!

I have a live headset but no PC one at the moment. I am on discord, but not much. I tend to log in and forget it's on that other tab. :p

Also, in honor of this momentous occasion, I updated my avatar pic to the 2nd one I had intended to continue the "funnily troll Dash's avatar" theme with.

Lmfao :lol:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• hsf_
    1432 posts Member
    While I agree with the concept(It's a lightsabre, duh!!!), it would be horrifically over powered in GA so I understand why it's not OHK in GA..

Well Grievous can do it... i don't see you complaining about him. OHK lightsabers for troopers has already been introduced into the game with the addition of Grievous and his fully maxed Sith Trained card and no, it's not OP... hell, it's balanced if anything. Know what's not balanced?, trying to hit a SINGLE GUY twice with your primary form of attack while he jumps and rolls around like a mental patient on crack while himself or his buddies light you up and you can't do anything about it.

So you're saying, that because you came up against someone who isn't a complete cabbage and they out played you, that it's not balanced?

Ok then.........

It's not coming up against someone in particular, it's coming up against someone who can delay you so much while being able to deal damage to you on top of other people shooting at you while you're taking so long to take this guy out because they've made the troopers so slippery to hit more than once. Thankfully, most people in this game (or the so-called "cabbages" as you would call them) don't realise how effective and easy it is to cheese saber heroes like this so i don't see many people trying to avoid getting hit like that.

Funny, who do you think the devs are going to pander to. People who give reasons behind their suggestions and explanations in an in-depth analysis like i did in the previous reply?, or people like you who give single sentences and dumb everything down to someone "being outplayed".

If i didn't feel like it was a topic that should've been brought up for discussion (me getting outplayed fair and square instead of there being actual issues with the game) then i wouldn't have brought it up in the first place, Einstein. Like the OP has with the topic in the first place.

Well explain to me how you weren't out played?

1). He stopped you from killing him instantly.
    2). He frustrated you enough to make you make a forum post(perhaps the straw that broke the camels back?)
    3). He was able to last long enough for his team mates to mess you up.

The only person who is at fault for you dying in that situation, is you. Therefore, he out played you and you're just salty. I get it man, I've done it myself when my aim has been bad with Boba(cursing at the crosshair being horrible for example), but the reality is we don't want to accept our flaws and faults, so we blame the tools put in front of us.
  • Billkwando wrote: »

#MakeLoveNotWar

1i48t6u0fjh2.jpeg

its got the same white background ;)
  • Can i post this to Reddit?
  • Can i post this to Reddit?

I'm a bit lose at this point (dunno is someone is arguing with someone xD), but it would be good if we can spread this to another forums so devs can see what it should be changed. #OneSliceKill
  • hsf_ wrote: »

Ok then.........

2). He frustrated you enough to make you make a forum post(perhaps the straw that broke the camels back?)

The only person who is at fault for you dying in that situation, is you. Therefore, he out played you and you're just salty. I get it man, I've done it myself when my aim has been bad with Boba(cursing at the crosshair being horrible for example), but the reality is we don't want to accept our flaws and faults, so we blame the tools put in front of us.

Classic target fixation into over-extension resulting in death... the perfect reason to come and demand buffs for saber users so you can target fixate and not pay the price!
  • DarthCapa2
    2350 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    At least characters like Vader should
  • I concur, Lightsabers should be OHK against normal infantry
  • AmStraightBut50Is50
    137 posts Member
    edited December 2018

Ok then.........

1. How is this even relevant?. You realize that you CAN'T instakill infantry as a saber user unless they're at half health right?.

2. He didn't do jack to make me write my opening post. The only reason i wrote that post was because i disagreed with another user's statement and i wanted to get my opinion out. The only reason i even brought that up in the first place was as an example as to why the damage values for the lightsaber swings should be changed. It's so i could further the OP's statement.

3. That's why i used the example, just to highlight how it's so easy to take on a saber hero as a trooper that you can last that long. Not like you knew how far away his teamates were when i engaged him. They could have been right beside him or 20 meters away. (The former) I would've killed all of them and wiped the room if saber combat was more balanced. But here i am swinging away like a **** because of the I-frames on the dodge roll. Which like I've said before, i can't do anything about other than run away like a little girl when his teamates spot me. Doesn't take a genius to figure out why that's unbalanced.

TL;DR?: Doing well with a saber hero doesn't depend on YOUR skill level, the devs have designed the game so that it depends on the skill level of your enemies and THAT'S where the problems occur. That's all i have to say on the matter.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • The difference between last game and this game is that there are four times as many Saber users. You put two Saber users on the same team in GA, it would probably take a miracle for the other side to catch up.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • whenever dash responds to my posts i freak(y) out, i think you now know my feelings

Yeah, I kind of Freaky out too. But for other reasons. ;)
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Ok then.........

1. How is this even relevant?. You realize that you CAN'T instakill infantry as a saber user unless they're at half health right?.

2. He didn't do jack to make me write my opening post. The only reason i wrote that post was because i disagreed with another user's statement and i wanted to get my opinion out. The only reason i even brought that up in the first place was as an example as to why the damage values for the lightsaber swings should be changed. It's so i could further the OP's statement.

3. That's why i used the example, just to highlight how it's so easy to take on a saber hero as a trooper that you can last that long. Not like you knew how far away his teamates were when i engaged him. They could have been right beside him or 20 meters away. (The former) I would've killed all of them and wiped the room if saber combat was more balanced. But here i am swinging away like a **** because of the I-frames on the dodge roll. Which like I've said before, i can't do anything about other than run away like a little girl when his teamates spot me. Doesn't take a genius to figure out why that's unbalanced.

TL;DR?: Doing well with a saber hero doesn't depend on YOUR skill level, the devs have designed the game so that it depends on the skill level of your enemies and THAT'S where the problems occur. That's all i have to say on the matter.

If the developers do not want to increase the damage to saber damage to make it a one hit deal, they should definitely revisit invincibility frames. It is easy to spam roll as infantry.

An infantry should not have I-frames, hero blasters should. This issue has gotten worse. We are entering a new Rolling Boys era.

Ok then.........

If the developers do not want to increase the damage to saber damage to make it a one hit deal, they should definitely revisit invincibility frames. It is easy to spam roll as infantry.

An infantry should not have I-frames, hero blasters should. This issue has gotten worse. We are entering a new Rolling Boys era.

The original roll only worked consistently on the uninitiated or the button mashers (aka the vast majority of the population)... If you were disciplined as a saber user it wasn't a problem. You baited the rolls, then you cut them in half. Here is a perfect example of how to deal with a wannabe Rolling Boi from that time...

• t3hBar0n wrote: »

Ok then.........

The original roll only worked consistently on the uninitiated or the button mashers (aka the vast majority of the population)... If you were disciplined as a saber user it wasn't a problem. You baited the rolls, then you cut them in half. Here is a perfect example of how to deal with a wannabe Rolling Boi from that time...

Nice video. I have been playing the game since early December 2017 and yes this is more or less how you deal with a “rolling boi”. There is a good learning curve to get the timing right.

As you recall, DICE “fixed” the I-frames for the troopers at one point. To me at that point it felt great, I did not have to depend on the adversary trooper to roll or to bait anymore. It gave the saber hero more liberty in planning an attack. Maybe one out of twenty escaped by rolling. They then reverted the I-frames somewhat to accommodate for the blasters heroes which in my opinion should of not be given to the infantry.

I feel now players have become more aware of the rolling invincibility. Basically it’s become a circus.

It is not so much the rolling trooper, but the other trooper taking pot shots at the saber hero. The longer he delays the saber hero the more damage he receives, because someone is using a crutch (I-frames). It is a cheap tactic.

By the way I like the soundtrack to your vid.
  • I agree. Lightsabers should do way more damage to infantry. In this game there are a ton of choke points. There is no point in running to these chokepoints as a lightsaber-wielder if you're going to get destroyed by blasters and grenades and not kill anyone. It's amazing how some heroes have to swing 3 times before they kill some of the infantry units. The lightsaber swings definitely need a buff against regular infantry units.

I also think the force powers should be buffed against infantry units as well. Some of the force pushes don't kill anyone. The force choke for vader doesn't kill anyone unless you have the right star cards. Maul's force throw doesn't really kill anyone either. I don't know, it seems that in the last game they were more powerful and were instant kills. Here, you really have to grind to get up close and personal with infantry, but by that point you're health is significantly diminished because of all of the chokepoints and time exposed as you rush to the infantry.

I also agree that they should get rid of the hero icon on the minimap, unless they are on your own team. The enemy hero icons should remain hidden.

Ok then.........

Yeah, I was gonna say! This music is not bad! Did you make it yourself? I've made music for one or two of my videos, just for fun. Maybe I should do more.

The other of the two is a 30 second joke ode (to us less talented Rainbow Six Siege players):

Any excuse to fake da funk, I'll take it.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

Ok then.........

You should've seen it before they even nerfed the roll. Back then it was downright absurd. Not like it's much better now with the I-frame exploitation. They should just remove it completely for troopers and reinforcements and like you say, only apply the I-frame advantage to blaster heroes.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • cdiddy486 wrote: »
    I agree. Lightsabers should do way more damage to infantry. In this game there are a ton of choke points. There is no point in running to these chokepoints as a lightsaber-wielder if you're going to get destroyed by blasters and grenades and not kill anyone. It's amazing how some heroes have to swing 3 times before they kill some of the infantry units. The lightsaber swings definitely need a buff against regular infantry units.

I also think the force powers should be buffed against infantry units as well. Some of the force pushes don't kill anyone. The force choke for vader doesn't kill anyone unless you have the right star cards. Maul's force throw doesn't really kill anyone either. I don't know, it seems that in the last game they were more powerful and were instant kills. Here, you really have to grind to get up close and personal with infantry, but by that point you're health is significantly diminished because of all of the chokepoints and time exposed as you rush to the infantry.

I also agree that they should get rid of the hero icon on the minimap, unless they are on your own team. The enemy hero icons should remain hidden.

If you charge into a trooper infested choke point as a saber hero with no consideration of what you are actually doing you deserve to die, heroes have special moves for a reason, force push, freeze, bombs, saber throws, spin dash etc, all types of moves to gain you an initial advantage over a cluster of troopers,

A well timed force push or freeze or choke, followed by a few saber swings plus backup from your trooper teammates can obliterate a choke point at the right times

Ok then.........

Nice video. I have been playing the game since early December 2017 and yes this is more or less how you deal with a “rolling boi”. There is a good learning curve to get the timing right.

As you recall, DICE “fixed” the I-frames for the troopers at one point. To me at that point it felt great, I did not have to depend on the adversary trooper to roll or to bait anymore. It gave the saber hero more liberty in planning an attack. Maybe one out of twenty escaped by rolling. They then reverted the I-frames somewhat to accommodate for the blasters heroes which in my opinion should of not be given to the infantry.

I feel now players have become more aware of the rolling invincibility. Basically it’s become a circus.

It is not so much the rolling trooper, but the other trooper taking pot shots at the saber hero. The longer he delays the saber hero the more damage he receives, because someone is using a crutch (I-frames). It is a cheap tactic.

t3hBar0n wrote: »

Ok then.........

Yeah, I was gonna say! This music is not bad! Did you make it yourself? I've made music for one or two of my videos, just for fun. Maybe I should do more.

The other of the two is a 30 second joke ode (to us less talented Rainbow Six Siege players):

Any excuse to fake da funk, I'll take it.

Nah it is some public domain copyright free music anyone can use :)

• Clone201
    3437 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't think they can change the immunity frames for infantry... without also changing it for heroes as well. Some of us have seen what had happened to HvV back in patch 1.2 when roll / dodge was nerfed for the first time - it became an absolute mess. Yoda getting destroyed, Maul getting destroyed, Han getting destroyed, Leia getting destroyed, Bossk getting destroyed, etc, etc.

I'd actually be surprised if they make hero rolls and trooper rolls behave differently, I'd accept that 100%. But so far now, they aren't.

As for increasing lightsaber damage, this would be a bad idea in the greater scheme of things unless you decrease the damage against heroes slightly, because otherwise saber spamming would be awarded too much than it already occasionally is, making it much easier for heroes like Grievous and Vader to continue destroying heroes with ease.

Honestly I'd just stick with nullifying Trooper rolls slightly, if possible. There had gone my three cents.

Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • It should be one shot if you take of their head. There needs to be a hit detection for sabres beyond miss and hit. Like if I hit your arm, you should not be able to use that arm till you die.

That makes it more punishing to shooters and makes it make more sense
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    I don't think they can change the immunity frames for infantry... without also changing it for heroes as well. Some of us have seen what had happened to HvV back in patch 1.2 when roll / dodge was nerfed for the first time - it became an absolute mess. Yoda getting destroyed, Maul getting destroyed, Han getting destroyed, Leia getting destroyed, Bossk getting destroyed, etc, etc.

I'd actually be surprised if they make hero rolls and trooper rolls behave differently, I'd accept that 100%. But so far now, they aren't.

As for increasing lightsaber damage, this would be a bad idea in the greater scheme of things unless you decrease the damage against heroes slightly, because otherwise saber spamming would be awarded too much than it already occasionally is, making it much easier for heroes like Grievous and Vader to continue destroying heroes with ease.

Honestly I'd just stick with nullifying Trooper rolls slightly, if possible. There had gone my three cents.

This is assuming the saber combat stays relatively the same.

If I recall correctly the stagger was the main issue with blaster heroes in HV when they nerfed the roll. You could spam the swing until the opponent was defeated. As you pointed out, for some reason they could not isolate the heroes only to receive the invincibility frames.

Now, if they got rid of the stagger, do you really need I-frames?

It is just too much invincibility for a trooper against a saber hero. I do not see troopers deflecting blaster fire from the other heroes.
  • hsf_
    1432 posts Member
    edited December 2018

Ok then.........

1). You stated in your original post to my statement that I wasn't complaining about Grievous - so it can be done and you know it can be done.

2). That may be the case, but the scenario you produced is a scenario where the hero play was out played because of greed. Heroes are not meant to be monsterous, murder machines that can just walk through hellfire and live, while looking at stuff and it just dying. They are a strategical advantage, not a cavalry.

3). It's not easy to take down a hero though, not when you're alone. If you're in a group or have a few team mates nearby who are aware of whats happening, then yes it's easy and that's how it should be. In most cases the hero will retreat after seeing on the radar that there are a lot of incoming enemies, especially if the hero has no backup with them or retreat to cover after losing X amount of HP.

Honestly it just sounds like you're making excuses for not being able to Thanos finger click and win the game. So now this is where I will actually say "gitgudnuup" because it's deserved.

Assuming that saber combat remains relatively the same after the changes.

If I remember correctly it was the stagger and continuous swinging that would defeat the blaster heroes without any opportunity of escape. As you mentioned, for some reason the developers could not isolate the blaster heroes exclusively and granted the same ability to the infantry that were not meant to receive.

Now, if they got rid of the stagger, do you really need the I-frames.

The next extreme is to see troopers deflect blaster fire from the blaster heroes.
  • Guys, it is easy:

Remove OHK cards for Lightsaber users. Lighstaber insta-kill regular classes except reinforcements.
  • It would be great if the developers can give the other saber heroes a card similar to Sith trained.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    Guys, it is easy:

Remove OHK cards for Lightsaber users. Lighstaber insta-kill regular classes except reinforcements.

And heroes + vehicles*

Vehicles are another matter entirely though. Vehicles such as the AT-ST, AAT, speeders and objective vehicles virtually can't even be scratched by saber heroes unless the hero wants to lose half their health or even die due to the "bump" mechanic.... it's stupid i know.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • Billkwando
    1115 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Am I afraid? Nope, because I can dodge his force powers by rolling

This is so broken, IMHO. When I'm shooting a big cone of forceyness at someone, them rolling along the ground, inside that cone, shouldn't act like a force field that renders my forceyness as forceynessless. :)

You can see I see this as a serious issue. Not at all seriouslessness.

(but srsly it's not cool)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

This is so broken, IMHO. When I'm shooting a big cone of forceyness at someone, them rolling along the ground, inside that cone, shouldn't act like a force field that renders my forceyness as forceynessless. :)

Correct. Can anyone tell me where in SW lore troopers dodged force abilities by rolling?
  • All lightsabers should deal 150 damage to troopers. I want heroes overpowered in GA. When I see Luke Skywalker charging at me, I should be afraid. Am I afraid? Nope, because I can dodge his force powers by rolling and three shot him with my vanguard. Heroes should strike fear into infantry.

Totally agree.

The saber heroes at the moment are a joke in GA. After so many patches with nerfs and bugs, they are now weaker than their counterpart blaster heroes.

It’s been long enough with invincible rolling infantry. I understand the i-frames in sword and sorcery games but not in a arcade multiplayer with blaster fire that can deal more damage than one hit by a saber. Fine, give them to blaster heroes but not to infantry. They are not heroes.

If the developers cannot fix the I-frames of infantry (in other words get rid of I-frames) then the saber heroes should be able to one hit defeat the infantry.

It is a death sentence when the force ability glitches does not work because the recovering animation is too long. The only thing somewhat reliable is a saber attack.

The only time I use force ability is when I flank the enemy take them by surprise which is a rare moment due to having a huge indicator of my location on the map.

As many of you have experienced, the most iconic heroes (lightsaber heroes) in the franchise, at the present moment, are laughable.

• Zyder wrote: »
    Guys, it is easy:

yeah...YEAHHHHHHH if we have insta-kill then we will have to remove the HOK cards

This, divide the rolls. Give troopers the trash stun lock version that requires the most skill to survive a lightsaber user, and give Heroes the more powerful roll. Would go a long way for balance in GA. Also, once a saber Hits a trooper, they should be stun locked with no way to roll out of it or shoot back. They can unload on you way too easily while your sitting there trying to kill them. For this reason flame troopers basically can't be taken on with a saber.

This, divide the rolls. Give troopers the trash stun lock version that requires the most skill to survive a lightsaber user, and give Heroes the more powerful roll. Would go a long way for balance in GA. Also, once a saber Hits a trooper, they should be stun locked with no way to roll out of it or shoot back. They can unload on you way too easily while your sitting there trying to kill them. For this reason flame troopers basically can't be taken on with a saber.

Troopers shouldn't be able to shoot when being hit by a lightsaber, I agree.
  • mellowshipslinkyb
    537 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I don’t think altering the roll is the answer. One of the primary reasons many people are unhappy with saber heroes is that lightsabers don’t feel like lightsabers.

Grievous is proof that OHK sabers aren’t OP. His OHKs are powerful, but a couple of well timed rolls (or poorly timed swings) still spells his end if he overextends, and troopers with situational awareness always have the option to avoid him.

Given that people generally seem to feel Grievous isn’t grossly unbalanced, especially considering how much damage he can take, I would argue that giving Luke or any other saber hero OHK potential wouldn’t be unbalanced either. All of them except Vader are far less sturdy than Grievous to begin with.

TL;DR Luke wouldn’t be any more unbalanced with a OHK saber than Grievous is.
  • Definitely not.
  • Qui_Gon_J1nn_n_Juice
    122 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Just had a good run with Grievous and Rey. The only two saber heroes viable in GA. Darth Vader use to be good, now he is just joke.

Just to reiterate, it would be great to have sith trained like cards for the other saber heroes.