criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Stats Is A Privacy Risk

OOM19
2833 posts Member
This site
https://battlefrontstats.com/

This site has the potential to be SO bad I can't believe it's actually a thing. It doesn't simply track your stats or KD, it tracks WHO YOU PLAY WITH, WHEN YOU PLAY, WHAT MODES YOU PLAY, on top of the KD stuff

This is a completely unofficial site that is tracking my information and very likely the information of everyone reading this without their permission

Are we seriously going to trust a bunch of childish modders and a active cheat maker (Coloton) with our personal information?
OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
I live again
I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4

Replies

• what are you even on about I dont see any issue here.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    unit900000 wrote: »
    what are you even on about I dont see any issue here.

Why don't you go search your origin or console account name on the website

Come back to me than
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

• OOM19 wrote: »

Come back to me than

I would have to download the program for it to track anything so it wont work I even bothered to actually waste my time searching my name and nothing came up.

its funny though on the leaderboards there is one that says "highest score in one match" and it pretty much exposed anyone who did the squad system battle point glitch though some might of just been trolled by a random.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    OOM19 wrote: »

Come back to me than

I would have to download the program for it to track anything so it wont work I even bothered to actually waste my time searching my name and nothing came up.

its funny though on the leaderboards there is one that says "highest score in one match" and it pretty much exposed anyone who did the squad system battle point glitch though some might of just been trolled by a random.

That's the thing. Anyone that downloads and installs the program and joins a MP lobby will make the program track EVERYONE in that lobby regardless if they installed the program or not

I have a profile and i never once downloaded the program and it's been tracking me for the last few months

I have no mods and it's still tracking
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again

• hmm just had a look on my stats, nice to see them :) to bad only few months of data is there, but quite impressive that you can see what players you were playing with. i thought i was a bit worse than this :)

i would not identify this as personal information its just my nick origin profile lookup something anybody can do anyways. and i do not see a problem with what ppl i was in the matches or what modes i played (i play only one so it does not count even ;) )
  • I was curious so looked over the site. This must be for PC only as every profile I clicked on (probably 25+) said Origin. Also, I've had quite a few GA matches with 70-80+ eliminations and my PSN ID didn't show up anywhere in those ranges. So, if it does have console stats, they're incomplete.

I do agree with your concern about them publicly posting the times you are playing, that is a big privacy issue.

Come back to me than

That's the thing. Anyone that downloads and installs the program and joins a MP lobby will make the program track EVERYONE in that lobby regardless if they installed the program or not

I have a profile and i never once downloaded the program and it's been tracking me for the last few months

I have no mods and it's still tracking

The only question is, from where are they getting this data... i also do not have, or at any time had, any mods installed for SWBF2. so it must be some other place the data is being fed. but the data is only for few months also so it is something new it would seem
  • I agree. Also, I definitely didn't play in all of the matches my profile tracked me in.
  • I still dont see the problem Lol
  • Yes... all player names should be randomly hashed and anonymously displayed. No endgame screens or score screens should be allowed, no chat should be allowed, no screen capture or recording of anything either... it violates my privacy!
  • bfloo
    15933 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Yes... all player names should be randomly hashed and anonymously displayed. No endgame screens or score screens should be allowed, no chat should be allowed, no screen capture or recording of anything either... it violates my privacy!

This is done by a 3rd party without permission, not by EA/ Dice.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    Yes... all player names should be randomly hashed and anonymously displayed. No endgame screens or score screens should be allowed, no chat should be allowed, no screen capture or recording of anything either... it violates my privacy!

It isn't done without permission... someone in the game is running the app which is allowing them to scrape the data that is available to anyone in that lobby. You have no expectation of privacy in public... which in this case is a public game lobby.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

It isn't done without permission... someone in the game is running the app which is allowing them to scrape the data that is available to anyone in that lobby. You have no expectation of privacy in public... which in this case is a public game lobby.

I was thinking it would be weird if there were a BF2 API type thing, since it's such a casual game. So you're saying that not every game is being tracked, just the specific PC games that happen to have someone running that program. Makes sense.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • I feel special someone wants to know my battlefront stats.
  • Billkwando wrote: »

I was thinking it would be weird if there were a BF2 API type thing, since it's such a casual game. So you're saying that not every game is being tracked, just the specific PC games that happen to have someone running that program. Makes sense.

I haven't used it... but looking at it it appears to work similarly to WarcraftLogs where people download an app, it scrapes the data from the games they are in, and then uploads that data to a central database. The moment you join a public game, you no longer have an expectation of privacy, thus if you are in a game with someone running the app, that data will be uploaded through their client... at least that is my assumption.
    Billkwando wrote: »

I haven't used it... but looking at it it appears to work similarly to WarcraftLogs where people download an app, it scrapes the data from the games they are in, and then uploads that data to a central database. The moment you join a public game, you no longer have an expectation of privacy, thus if you are in a game with someone running the app, that data will be uploaded through their client... at least that is my assumption.

Yup, sounds about right
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • I see no issue with this site honestly. And for those wondering it's only PC.
  • It's a shame it's pc only I guess as I have a gameplay with 169 elims on Geonosis, I want my bronze medal!
  • Relikk
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Some people's obsession with stats in this game, that they had to make "plugin" and a site for it, is quite sad. The ego knows no bounds. And I can already see about 3 known aimbotters on that front page, alone.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • maybe they can make it so that you can CHOOSE whether you want to show your stats or see others
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Relikk wrote: »
    Some people's obsession with stats in this game, that they had to make "plugin" and a site for it, is quite sad. The ego knows no bounds. And I can already see about 3 known aimbotters on that front page, alone.

You realize its not just people with an ego right? Some just want to see how far they've come not to mention a statistics page has been present in nearly every game from EA/Dice for some years now and when they didn't do so for this game the players took it into they're own hands to make a statistics page. Kinda cool imo.
    Hi.
  • OneWingedAnge7
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    For what it's worth I don't want an in game stats tracker. More so if it tracks KD.
    I can see how many kills I have on the Xbox game hub, not that I care. And at most I'd like to see win rate and or top 5% rates or something.
    I have this horrible fear if they added a KD tracker even fewer players would play objective and thus would honestly just ruin the game for me.
    :smile:
  • Relikk wrote: »

Where's the dislike button?
  • Relikk
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Draxin wrote: »
    Some just want to see how far they've come

Your standing on the scoreboard at the end of each round tells you that.

Aww, diddums.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Relikk wrote: »
    Draxin wrote: »
    Some just want to see how far they've come

Your standing on the scoreboard at the end of each round tells you that.

Aww, diddums.

No it doesn't if you want to know what your combat aptitude is over time. Unless you have been screenshotting every scoreboard and inputting it into a spreadsheet, you will not know what trends you have in your gameplay.
  • Marvelous app this bfstatstracker, filled a gap left by dice. I can't compliment them more for this. I'm really glad they've done this.

9h8cvwws3ouz.png
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Howdy, the developer of battlefrontstats here. We log no personally identifiable information, only your origin name, and stats, which are already public. There is no additional information gathered other than what you see when looking at the scoreboard, which again, is public to every other player in your match. Claiming this is an invasion of privacy is like complaining to a streamer that you were shown in their videos of public matches.

Good stuff... nice work.
    This site

This site has the potential to be SO bad I can't believe it's actually a thing. It doesn't simply track your stats or KD, it tracks WHO YOU PLAY WITH, WHEN YOU PLAY, WHAT MODES YOU PLAY, on top of the KD stuff

This is a completely unofficial site that is tracking my information and very likely the information of everyone reading this without their permission

Are we seriously going to trust a bunch of childish modders and a active cheat maker (Coloton) with our personal information?

U overreacting this a bit i belive. I played many games where u can upload your gameplay and they will track it.(Heroes ofthe Storm as an example)It isnt a bad thing...the only bad thing in this I wanna use this"mode"to track my performance but i am afraid Dice will BAN/Lock my Account just cause i wanna follow my progressions...
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Howdy, the developer of battlefrontstats here. We log no personally identifiable information, only your origin name, and stats, which are already public. There is no additional information gathered other than what you see when looking at the scoreboard, which again, is public to every other player in your match. Claiming this is an invasion of privacy is like complaining to a streamer that you were shown in their videos of public matches.

Here's the difference

Someone recording game-play is absolutely harmless. It's a single solitary incident like a recording of a crowd, a person could just go through frame by frame to look at everyone in the crowd but it's pointless and you just bleed into the background. Another thing is a official stat page has to be agreed to when you buy the game and play you willingly consent your data to the stat server it's an agreement shared by both the company and the player.

This is a unofficial service. It tracks your performance without your permission, isn't official, and I have questions to raise about the site's security

If this site just tracked simple things like KD ratio, Win, Points, Maps, and modes played I wouldn't mind as much

However this site takes detailed time stamps of when you played, who you played with, what map and mode, and more

I don't like that
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again

Howdy, the developer of battlefrontstats here. We log no personally identifiable information, only your origin name, and stats, which are already public. There is no additional information gathered other than what you see when looking at the scoreboard, which again, is public to every other player in your match. Claiming this is an invasion of privacy is like complaining to a streamer that you were shown in their videos of public matches.

Here's the difference

Someone recording game-play is absolutely harmless. It's a single solitary incident like a recording of a crowd, a person could just go through frame by frame to look at everyone in the crowd but it's pointless and you just bleed into the background. Another thing is a official stat page has to be agreed to when you buy the game and play you willingly consent your data to the stat server it's an agreement shared by both the company and the player.

This is a unofficial service. It tracks your performance without your permission, isn't official, and I have questions to raise about the site's security

If this site just tracked simple things like KD ratio, Win, Points, Maps, and modes played I wouldn't mind as much

However this site takes detailed time stamps of when you played, who you played with, what map and mode, and more

I don't like that

The information it tracks is all in the public domain, because you are playing on a public server and have no expectation of privacy.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member

Here's the difference

I don't like that

The information it tracks is all in the public domain, because you are playing on a public server and have no expectation of privacy.

Yes but that data is being used by people who don't own the server

I have a full understanding that all this and more is recorded by EA everytime I queue for a server. However they are the server owners

These are people who built a plugin that cracks into the server data to get the stats

Voluntary? Absolutely go ahead I don't care

Involuntary tracking that you cannot queue out of because all it takes is one person running the plugin for the site to build you a profile and track your stats? Absolutely not
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again

This site

Careful, I named that guy here in these forums and got a temp ban. I don't trust them either. How can you trust someone that creates and sells hacks for Battlefront 2 and other games?
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1383 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    This site

Careful, I named that guy here in these forums and got a temp ban. I don't trust them either. How can you trust someone that creates and sells hacks for Battlefront 2 and other games?

BFUpdates (Elliot) does
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Here's the difference

I don't like that

I have a full understanding that all this and more is recorded by EA everytime I queue for a server. However they are the server owners

These are people who built a plugin that cracks into the server data to get the stats

Involuntary tracking that you cannot queue out of because all it takes is one person running the plugin for the site to build you a profile and track your stats? Absolutely not

You are in a "public" space when you are on a public server, and anyone on that server can use the publicly available knowledge about your presence on that server however they wish. This is how it works in real life as well... if I want to record you on video for example, I can do so regardless of whether you object or not, because when in public there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.

Here's the difference

I don't like that

You are in a "public" space when you are on a public server, and anyone on that server can use the publicly available knowledge about your presence on that server however they wish. This is how it works in real life as well... if I want to record you on video for example, I can do so regardless of whether you object or not, because when in public there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.

But BF2 stats do not own the server, they have no right to publicly display your stats.

Here's the difference

I don't like that

But BF2 stats do not own the server, they have no right to publicly display your stats.

That is irrelevant... I don't own the beach, but I am well within my rights of video recording anyone I wish at the beach, because it is public. When you willingly enter the public domain, you are willingly giving up an expectation of privacy.
  • NotColtonon
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    We make all data publicly available. If you want to know exactly what we have on any given Origin name, Email, or IP, you can request it through this form. The information we extract exists on all PCs in your lobby, we don't retrieve the data from the server itself. We extract the data from the memory of our clients who installed the game modification, without ever touching the game's server or the computers of those who haven't installed the modification. IP logging exists only for those who've installed the tracker, and serves to mitigate people hacking the game's memory to upload fake statistics. Again this is all publicly available, you can access all the data we have by using the form I linked above.

Battlefrontstats.com is a community built and operated site, with no affiliations, connections, or access to EA/Dice and/or their server assets. We rely completely on users who install our modification, and participate in logging their public matches. If you have any further legitimate and warranted concerns or questions, I'll be happy to answer those.
    wlesjq9cnzrb.png
  • Lol worried about BF? Delete that facebook and dump google. Much much scarier.
  • Alwe15
    1456 posts Member

Hi, how does it work?

Looking at my own stats on your site, it only logged one GA game yesterday and I played a few. Does it rely on a player within a match having your tracker and once I'm not playing with them, stops tracking my progress?
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

Hi, how does it work?

Looking at my own stats on your site, it only logged one GA game yesterday and I played a few. Does it rely on a player within a match having your tracker and once I'm not playing with them, stops tracking my progress?

That is correct, we only have access to data from the users who install it. Install the mod to track all of your games as well as the players in your lobby.
    wlesjq9cnzrb.png
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member

Come back to me than

I searched mine, and I wasn't on there.
  • Easy fix just disable stats the way I did.

Won’t say how to, it requires tweaking in console commands. But it disables ea from being to spy on your stats and snooping into your computer with a virtual machine.

Yes they can enter your pc’s files while playing, and their mods do so. If you read the new agreement you will be of knowledge.

By blocking it with mods, they can’t enter your pc. I think ea is nasty. Other wise I would not be posting this scandal so openly on the forums
  • I’d be more concerned about installing random programs on my PC but that’s just me.