criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Saber heroes can't hit dodging blaster heroes.

What's your opinion on saber heroes and villains not being able to hit dodging blaster heroes and villains?

Replies

• It's been like this since the start and it's broken. But no doubt DICE won't bother to fix it. I can't hit anyone as Luke with some of his attack animations. Makes him vulnerable and weak
  • You both sound trashy. Use your saber hero to dash at the right time to counter a roller. Or get distance and avoid stuns and stuff then come in with force powers. The rolls are fine and its satisfying to wreck attack spammers like you as Finn😂
  • What's your opinion on saber heroes and villains not being able to hit dodging blaster heroes and villains?

The force users are a joke. Remember that's possible to roll/dodge force powers. It might be ok, if someone is rolling backwards, that he cannot be hit by a lightsaber, but if he is rolling towards you?
    Remember the difference of damage a lightsaber and a blaster deals. You can cut off limbs with a lightsaber. It so ridiculous to see lightsaber strikes on blaster users and they still shoot at you, even if they would have lost there arm and the blaster. For this special case, it shouldn't be possible for blaster users to shoot for a "longer" time, if they are hit by a lightsaber strike.

Think about the movies. It is possible to block blaster fire while running and jumping!! That would be another interesting fact.

But like everything that is written in here, no person in charge take care of this.
  • Well this isn't "SW Lightsaber Combat" now is it? Blaster heroes have to be able to survive on maps with sabre users or they have no point.
    I will never get behind the notion that force users should rule any map they are on. That is an entirely different game you want and it aint here...
    Most rolls can be countered and they can be annoying if you are trying to kill a hero like Lando or Iden who are quite quick, but learn to do it anyway. Others have figured it out and didn't ask for the nerfing of blaster heroes to do it either.
    l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

• DarthAzrakel
    71 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ok to be very blunt on this. When playing a hero ive had no problem taking out regular troopers. They may dodge and your attack may miss. But thats the point Its supposed to miss. Heck even when I play a regular trooper I can dodge any saber. The point being here is that dodge has a limited use. It uses stamina Just like blocking with a saber. At most im lucky if I can dodge twice and usualy after the second dodge im killed. So theres realy no point to complain about it. Just wait until the trooper has used all there dodges then take em out. Simple as that
  • You both sound trashy. Use your saber hero to dash at the right time to counter a roller. Or get distance and avoid stuns and stuff then come in with force powers. The rolls are fine and its satisfying to wreck attack spammers like you as Finn😂

Judging someones ability to play the game based on criticism of just one lightsaber wielding hero...? Good thinking, melt.
  • The saber dodge is how the game is balanced, without it gun fighters are practically useless. They already lose the cool on their weapons long before the saber heroes run out of block stamina. To do damage you have to either stun them first or overheat your gun and get it in the gold fire zone before engaging amd pray they dont come after you.
  • Zinjo wrote: »
    Well this isn't "SW Lightsaber Combat" now is it? Blaster heroes have to be able to survive on maps with sabre users or they have no point.
    I will never get behind the notion that force users should rule any map they are on. That is an entirely different game you want and it aint here...
    Most rolls can be countered and they can be annoying if you are trying to kill a hero like Lando or Iden who are quite quick, but learn to do it anyway. Others have figured it out and didn't ask for the nerfing of blaster heroes to do it either.

You are wrong about this. All Blaster epics can counterattack a lightsaber strike with a punch and this cause more damage than you think. So a melee between a lightsaber and a blaster user is some how a lightsaber fight and believe me Chewbacca's punch deals a lot of damage.

In my opinion you should say, if a blaster epic is killed by a lightsaber user, he/she didn't learn how to do it right. Funny fact, that Kylo's Frenzy becomes more and more useless, because it's broken or someone knows how to stop it.
    So there is for sure an imbalance between the blaster epics and the force users, in which the former a much better.
    Remember this is Star Wars and no BF5 or another shooter, so the force and their users are, what makes this game special. I guess you are not that Star Wars Fan, I bet you like to play BF5 and CS, etc. . In the Star Wars Universe the Force Users are stronger than any of these blaster epics. So talking about making the right changes are absolute acceptable.

Of course, should it be possible in GA to kill Force Users and I have seen a lot of force users get killed in action.
    I would say, that blaster epics are much better in GA. It's said, that the force users are not able to deflect bolds while jumping or running as it is shown in the movies. Think about Bossk, he is one of the best epic charakter in GA. In open field maps Force Users are not that useful.

That's what I wanna say about this. I hope you understand this.
    Greetings
  • TiNie
    280 posts Member
    edited January 21
    By the way, it's useless to debate about this anymore, because the game is unplayable anymore. First the Cheaters, second the Bugs. Both won't change and I don't think that there is much more to come after Anakin.
    EA/DICE "fixed SWBF2 broken".
    So nevermind about any wishes and comments.
    Greetings
    Post edited by TiNie on
  • We need a Jedi vs Sith mode. Or just lightsabers vs lightsabers, either side. I get sick of the shooters messing up good duels.
  • bfloo
    15725 posts Member
    We need a Jedi vs Sith mode. Or just lightsabers vs lightsabers, either side. I get sick of the shooters messing up good duels.

I'm with you on that one
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    We need a Jedi vs Sith mode. Or just lightsabers vs lightsabers, either side. I get sick of the shooters messing up good duels.

I'm with you on that one

They just need to switch Hero Showdown to be sometimes 1v1 or 2v2.
    My ideas are the following:
    1. Start by having an event where Hero Showdown is 1v1.....any character can be selected.
    2. They could maybe add to this event where every other round is chose any character 1v1 and then it goes to Jedi vs Sith 1v1, where only sith or jedi characters can be selected.
    3. Then if it goes well maybe then could add it as a permanent rotation in Hero Showdown to bring life back to that game mode.

I don't really want more game modes other than the big game mode coming in Februrary. I want them to take ideas and combine them into existing game modes. That way it doesn't take super long to find a full lobby and also the rotation of game rules within a game mode will also prevent that game mode from becoming really repetitive like it is right now. Strike has the start of what I'm talking about, but they need to do more. Every other map on strike is sabotage or data tape capture. They need to add more unique objectives, or even just switch out where you play those game modes in the map. I mean there are multiple phases to every map. This idea could easily be added to Hero Showdown as something to switch between each round, so that game mode is not as repetitive and more people play that game mode and we stop separating people out into more and more game modes.

To clarify game modes sound switch game rules between each round or map, or they should switch to different parts of the map to be used for the same game rules. This seems like a super quick thing to do to create tons of new content for HvV, Hero Showdown, strike, blast.

Extraction just needs more maps with slightly unique shipments.......or robots like R2-D2 or BB-8.

Lots can be added to strike and other game modes to do the same thing. They could also add more maps to all of the game modes by using different phases of the same map, or switching the objectives out a little like with strike switch out the objective so that there are five different objectives and each round you play different objectives on all of the planets it's just slightly random each round which objective you will play. This is Instead of a specific objective for each planet and only one phase of the map is used. You should be able to do strike sabotage on the planets where you have to capture data tapes and vice versa. This idea of different rounds with different objectives or slightly different game rules would be great because it's what SWBF 2015 did for the DLC expansions to prevent too much repetitiveness and they also made the next game mode rotation random too. This really helped make that game pretty fun for most all game modes. The people that did end up playing the game a lot can attest to that.

I imagine it would take just one person about a month or two of work to come up with all these slight changes: new game rules, new phases of the same maps, same current objectives on the other planets you don't get to play them on.
  • TiNie
    280 posts Member

Yes, that's what would make things much easier. But I don't think there will be made any changes that leads to this. Mixing up these epics just causes an imbalance between the blaster and the force users in favor of the former and there should no doubt about it, if you love Star Wars and know how powerful force users are in this kind of univers.
  • whats even worse is that regular troopers can dodge you like that which can cost your life if there are more than one
  • bfloo
    15725 posts Member
    TiNie wrote: »

Yes, that's what would make things much easier. But I don't think there will be made any changes that leads to this. Mixing up these epics just causes an imbalance between the blaster and the force users in favor of the former and there should no doubt about it, if you love Star Wars and know how powerful force users are in this kind of univers.

Force users are over rated, bounty hunters and pirates can go toe to toe with them and hold their own.

Hondo held up against Ani (still lost), Jango beat Obi Wan, Cad Bane broke into the Jedi Temple. Pre Vizsla and Maul had a great duel.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png