criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Unpopular opinion about new trilogy

Unoriginal maps:
Takodana- rip-off of Yavin 4
Jakku- Tatooine basically
Starkiller Base- it’s not totally not a wannabe Death Star
Crait- wants to be Hoth so badly

Replies

• Saber91 wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is popular opinion. New trilogy sucks. And its all George Lucas fault for selling the rights to money grubbing disney.

Should of sold it to MGM thow I don't think they would been able to give him near 4 billion.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Here is a true unpopular opinion of the new trilogy: "I really enjoyed the movies and find them a lot of fun. Looking forward to IX!"

:)
  • Hm, ok
  • "You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you’re selling it, you wanna sell it. Well…your directors were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should."
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • "You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you’re selling it, you wanna sell it. Well…your directors were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should."

+ 10000 HUES for jurassic park reference
  • Those maps don't play similar at all really, similar objectives and similar environments but that's where the similarities end.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Jeff Approves
    64396134.jpg
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I have to wonder why they even bothered putting the Sequel Trilogy in this game, it's just a watered-down version of the Original Trilogy in terms of gameplay. The only unique thing it has for ground battles is the First Order Flametrooper, and I honestly would've preferred it had they just given us the Clone Flametrooper for the Clone Wars era.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    While I don't like a few of the directions the Sequal Trilogy has gone, I generally enjoy it! Overall, I liked TLJ. I really liked the Crait battle and the slow chase scene along with the opening battle scene. I even liked the hyperspace maneuver. I watched the movie again for its one year anniversary, and my opinion on it hasn't changed. I liked it, but it had some flaws, just like all Star Wars movies. Somehow, though, some of the flaws seemed less major.

Of course, I still didn't like Hux's bumbling personality or some of the Canto Bight sequence. But anyways, I guess I have the unpopular opinion! I can accept everything that's happened so far with the movies, books, shows, comics, and very credible fan theories. But that's just me. Personally, I'm excited to see what's in store for Episode 9!

Some of the tactical decisions during the battles were a bit questionable, too, but it is what it is.
  • ST is nothing more than fanfiction, awful fanfiction at that imo.
    "You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you’re selling it, you wanna sell it. Well…your directors were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should."

Pretty much this in a nutshell, funny, a friend of mine posted this a year ago lol.
  • Looking for the unpopular part...
    Unoriginal maps:

You failed to deliver. o:)
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • My unpopular opinion is that what you referenced should be reversed.

Also throwing out there I like the ST more than the PT so far
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I think Crait is infinitely better than Hoth
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • Liked solo better than either of the ST movies. They are in a similar position as Lucas was after AOTC. I dont see it ending differently. Episode 9 will be better than the first 2, but not enough to redeem them or the trilogy.

As far as this game goes, the PT has great planets still to offer. We'll see if it's the same for the ST next year. I like Crait, but I'd be surprised.

• Zicasius
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    This kind of thinking gives Star Wars fans a bad name.

I am no fan of episode VIII in particular, but your reasoning is garbage. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to hate the ST, and they have nothing to do with your warped worldview.

Flawless logic, thanks for the laugh.

• IronSoldier
    2941 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited December 2018
    I have moved this to off topic and want to allow discussion. But I will leave a warning in regards to comments insulting directors, producers and associated lucasfilm employees. Further to this, social justice warrior comments. We're not tolerating those around here.
  • Unoriginal maps:

i agree with EVERYTHING you just said except for takodana which seems enough original to not be a rip off but what about d'quar?
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Zach
    539 posts Member
    Unoriginal maps:

i agree with EVERYTHING you just said except for takodana which seems enough original to not be a rip off but what about d'quar?

D’Quar looks like Dantooine to me but we never saw enough of either planet to confirm
  • Crait is a popular map at least.

Imo the best sequel map by far and it’s one of my favorite maps of bf2. It’s one of the few maps that has that feel of the bf15 maps imo.
  • Love ESB, dislike the other 2 from OT

Prequels, Absolute rubbish

Force awakens I really enjoyed but the last Jedi was awful