criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

All I want for Christmas is Better Matchmaking

1x2p7nklfi1j.jpeg

In case the image doesn’t speak for itself, I’ll elaborate. This steamroll started and we got beaten with 95 reinforcements on Phase IV of Kamino. You know, one of the biggest bottlenecks in the game?

Sure its only one match but I think I speak for many that im tired of EOR matchmaking, because it doesn’t fix the issue, only shuffles groups when I finally find a good one

This issues also leaking into BFV in its current state so clearly its a larger issue with DICE’s matchmaking algorithm

All I want this Christmas season is for the matchmaking (which has been broken since launch) to be fixed and for EOR matchmaking to be removed or optional, so I can stay with a good group

Replies

  • Idk why they continue to insist matchmaking is fine. They clearly just don’t want to go through the trouble of removing it.
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    That's not possible.
    I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem.
  • My main complaint is i can’t stick with a good group
  • SVEJ
    1065 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The best part of it all is that EoR MM is not about making matches balanced at all. They outright admit this.
    dnmv1xqtg7dz.png

    Apparently, it was made to make games "More fuller and be found 50% faster" both of these claims are false btw.

    They also have turned off ping sites in an attempt to get this to work and now have jury-rigged to follow a map rotation. So balance is probably not this system's main priority.

    wish they posted that on reddit, it's just a shame of what DICE has become. BF5 is doing so terrible that they are giving free copies away to get a higher player base. I enjoy swbf2 but like whats the point of having a EA Game Changers for Battlefront 2 when nothing ever changes?
  • AuraStorm
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    SVEJ wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The best part of it all is that EoR MM is not about making matches balanced at all. They outright admit this.
    dnmv1xqtg7dz.png

    Apparently, it was made to make games "More fuller and be found 50% faster" both of these claims are false btw.

    They also have turned off ping sites in an attempt to get this to work and now have jury-rigged to follow a map rotation. So balance is probably not this system's main priority.

    wish they posted that on reddit, it's just a shame of what DICE has become. BF5 is doing so terrible that they are giving free copies away to get a higher player base. I enjoy swbf2 but like whats the point of having a EA Game Changers for Battlefront 2 when nothing ever changes?

    Problem is they pick clickbaiters like SWHQ and FGG as game changers

    Ben: We won’t work with clickbaiters
    EA: Hold my beer!

    If it wasn’t for Elliot being critical there’d be no criticism in the community

  • Good luck with this topic...I was slapped on the wrist and banned for a bit for mentioning the thing that sounds like "batch baking" just last week. They want to bury all discussion about it. They obviously have something to seriously hide.
  • Good luck with this topic...I was slapped on the wrist and banned for a bit for mentioning the thing that sounds like "batch baking" just last week. They want to bury all discussion about it. They obviously have something to seriously hide.

    Well the issue is leaking over to BFV

    My more reasonable request is to make EOR matchmaking optional, after that we can talk about balance fixes
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    Good luck with this topic...I was slapped on the wrist and banned for a bit for mentioning the thing that sounds like "batch baking" just last week. They want to bury all discussion about it. They obviously have something to seriously hide.

    Well the issue is leaking over to BFV

    My more reasonable request is to make EOR matchmaking optional, after that we can talk about balance fixes

    Right? I tried to say the same thing but they were uncompromising entirely... chose to be deaf on any issues.
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    Good luck with this topic...I was slapped on the wrist and banned for a bit for mentioning the thing that sounds like "batch baking" just last week. They want to bury all discussion about it. They obviously have something to seriously hide.

    Well the issue is leaking over to BFV

    My more reasonable request is to make EOR matchmaking optional, after that we can talk about balance fixes

    Is EoR MM or something similar to it in BFV? I was widely accepted that this trash system was being forced upon us to beta test it for BFV.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    Good luck with this topic...I was slapped on the wrist and banned for a bit for mentioning the thing that sounds like "batch baking" just last week. They want to bury all discussion about it. They obviously have something to seriously hide.

    Well the issue is leaking over to BFV

    My more reasonable request is to make EOR matchmaking optional, after that we can talk about balance fixes

    Is EoR MM or something similar to it in BFV? I was widely accepted that this trash system was being forced upon us to beta test it for BFV.

    can confirm BF5 doesn't change servers between rounds. Doesn't even seem to teamshuffle, for that matter

    Mostly im refrencing how it has the same issue with steamrolls

  • I donna understand MM at all.

    Take HvV for instance.
    If I am n°1 then I have to leave the group after the game.
    But if the enemy team roflstomps us, then guess what? Next round the same enemies, noone has to leave.

    A true lose-lose situation.
  • Silencer wrote: »
    I donna understand MM at all.

    Take HvV for instance.
    If I am n°1 then I have to leave the group after the game.
    But if the enemy team roflstomps us, then guess what? Next round the same enemies, noone has to leave.

    A true lose-lose situation.

    There’s no reason to keep it on

    I’d use it at times to shuffle away from a bad team if it were optional, and thats really all I ask

    Something tells me its a deeper issue in the netcode or matchmaking and DICE either can’t fix it or won’t

  • SVEJ
    1065 posts Member
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    Silencer wrote: »
    I donna understand MM at all.

    Take HvV for instance.
    If I am n°1 then I have to leave the group after the game.
    But if the enemy team roflstomps us, then guess what? Next round the same enemies, noone has to leave.

    A true lose-lose situation.

    There’s no reason to keep it on

    I’d use it at times to shuffle away from a bad team if it were optional, and thats really all I ask

    Something tells me its a deeper issue in the netcode or matchmaking and DICE either can’t fix it or won’t

    shuffling doesnt work, the map rotation is the same and ive hit matchmake and i havent and the results are the same, it's a broken aspect of the game and the folks at DICE are to scared to admit its a failed testing phase. Honestly I would remove it and not even implement it again. DICE just needs to take community feedback seriously and not pick out small things and say they are listening. If they were truly listening they would drop content/bug fixes every single week. Denis said he wants content every possible chance, he wanted to have hotfixes all the time and then nothing happened. Denis literally went cross eyed when he said at EA PLAY that DICE and EA cared about the community and cared for star wars.

    If you really care, SHOW IT. So far it's a joke. 1 month for fixes? 6 months for clone legion fixes? like honestly it's a huge joke, just pay off the moders and have them sell their work to you,
  • They cant even keep the numbers on each side balanced. I love it when we need 1 more player to start a game in ga, one comes in and it is added to the team with more players. Now we are waiting for 2 players. Genius.
  • I play HvV almost exclusively and matchmaking is the worst. Get rid of it. Eliminate it.

    giphy.gif


    giphy.gif
  • There’s pretty much a consensus to have it removed, problem is feedback is being ignored just like the awful stamina changes that broke lightsaber heroes for a month
  • same but the trash devs dont care they just want to force this MM garbage down are throats.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!