criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• yea they dont want to see the new players see the match making issues. they want to hide us!
  • Good luck!
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Clone201
    3970 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Zappa2510 wrote: »
    yea they dont want to see the new players see the match making issues. they want to hide us!

Let's wait until the new players come in and find into these sorts of problems themselves. Hopefully they would if this god-forsaken EoR thing isn't gone by then. >:)
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Jbstiner
    2708 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Honestly, it’s their inability to properly account for teams is what’s creating these slaughters.
  • If the matchmaking is here to stay, fine. Just do something to better account for teams
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Honestly, it’s their inability to properly account for teams is what’s creating these slaughters.

This MM doesn't improve team balance actually, and that's the bad part. Only intended for faster load times with matches, etc.
  • I see they are now hiding the new posts here aswell. congrats folks we are the dirt and this is under the rug!
  • Your username.
    = DevaRajTaynak

On which platform do you play?
    = PC Master Race

In what region are you located?
    = Pacific Northwest USA

What is it you exactly experienced?
    = I would say difficulty finding players of the same level.

What time did it happen?
    = Nearly Every Match

What game mode were you playing?
    = Any match that is multiplayer

What ping site you were connected to?
    = Not really relevant.

(Optional) Any additional feedback?
    = My problem isn't necessarily with any bugs but with the matchmaking in general. There has to be a better way of matching people than just a random free-for-all matching the people who have played since day one against people who just started playing. When your level 10 on just the heavy and eveyone in the match has high 30's and even some 40's and they have all the cards unlocked?? I just have to know was smoking the crack pipe when you thought of that? How can you think that matching people who are at the end game against new players is in anyway going to keep a player base? The game is not fun when all you do is die within a few seconds of spawning. I am not saying I am a good player at all but when the person who kills you 15+ times is the 20-30+ levels ahead of you and all their cards are maxed... its just bogus. It makes you not even want to try to play the multiplayer. It's a joke and these people who have already made it to the top are just sitting there shooting fish in a barrel.

It seems to have been the major flaw in every battlefront game. Make a good story... ***** all over the multiplayer matchmaker. I know that most of the poeple who are already at the other end are going to respond with stupid comments about how they think it is fine the way it is but I am far more certain that there are people who bought this game that will never come here and tell you what a ***** job was done on the matchmaker.

EA keeps making the same ridiculous mistake over and over... pitting seasoned players against new players is going to make your new player rate stagnate. No one will have the patience to play a game that they die every 10 seconds. Hopefully someone at that company will pull the head out the exit long enough to realize this but I doubt it. I regret spending the money on this.
  • Clone201
    3970 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @Taynak

This feature does not improve player vs player team balance unfortunately. It is only intended to improve times in finding a match and building up lobbies. And plus, our comments won't get attention anymore as the thread will not merge to the first page anymore despite users commenting on it.
  • @Clone201 yeah this was the only place i could see putting it... didn't want to be that guy who makes a new thread for something that is similar.
  • jonci
    1232 posts Member
    When you see anyone complaining about map rotations , empty games, etc, or you post replies anywhere on the forum, doesn't matter what it is, see if you can get an EOR MM snipe in. Also link to this post if you see anyone commenting, stoke the fires of rebellion and keep the resistance going.
  • Taynak wrote: »
    @Clone201 yeah this was the only place i could see putting it... didn't want to be that guy who makes a new thread for something that is similar.

it would have been moved here anyways, they just wanna hide anything about the matching making being crap.
    jonci wrote: »
    When you see anyone complaining about map rotations , empty games, etc, or you post replies anywhere on the forum, doesn't matter what it is, see if you can get an EOR MM snipe in. Also link to this post if you see anyone commenting, stoke the fires of rebellion and keep the resistance going.

we are the resistance against the first order!

• @Zappa2510 yeah that's pretty pathetic... I can't even play multiplayer anymore.. i really tried... i really like the new games play style and control but they literally just ***** the bed on the matchmaker... again. I can't play a game where I die 5 times in the first minute of battle because the matchmaker puts me against an entire team of fully maxed out players... it's not fun... if i could get a refund on the game i would. what a way to completely ruin a game.
  • Taynak wrote: »
    @Zappa2510 yeah that's pretty pathetic... I can't even play multiplayer anymore.. i really tried... i really like the new games play style and control but they literally just ***** the bed on the matchmaker... again. I can't play a game where I die 5 times in the first minute of battle because the matchmaker puts me against an entire team of fully maxed out players... it's not fun... if i could get a refund on the game i would. what a way to completely ruin a game.

it was horrible for me aswell especially on blast and heroes vs villains on xbox. It has gotten somewhat better but its still bad. Ive recently started playing Extraction as its not that bad there and the game is actually fun/playable.
  • Thread successful buried, just an echo chamber now. Nothing to see here.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Move along, move along...
  • what they are doing is wrong and they should fix the problems they make. at this point I hope Battlefront 3 never sees the light of day or it goes to a new company. they wont be getting any more of my money!
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    what they are doing is wrong and they should fix the problems they make. at this point I hope Battlefront 3 never sees the light of day or it goes to a new company. they wont be getting any more of my money!

You know, I 100% agree. This is wrong. To bury dissent is something you'd expect from... well let's not get political... but it's not what you'd expect from a software house based in a western democracy.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    what they are doing is wrong and they should fix the problems they make. at this point I hope Battlefront 3 never sees the light of day or it goes to a new company. they wont be getting any more of my money!

They're just trying to make it appear that EOR is fine. They don't want to go through the trouble of removing it, despite the fact that they promised they would.
  • I feel EOR matchmaking is at crisis point at the moment. I'm off work for Christmas so I've been playing a lot. And I would say 7 out of 10 matches have been complete steamrolls. Its not fun when it's like that.
  • So this thread was intentionally designed not to bump up in the forums when new posts are made??? WOW
  • So this thread isn’t moving to the top of the page, on purpose? What are you hiding DICE?

Stop ignoring valid feedback and closing posts
  • Why isn’t this thread on the front page, what do you have to hide DICE?
  • Seems to be the most blatant cover up conspiracy they've ever tried to pull. Even try to mention EORMM anywhere and they'll delete your comment or warn you for being "off topic".....even though they do not hunt down other sorts of "off topic" posts and delete and ban people who paid for this game, are the only ones playing it and deserve communication about VERY REAL problems. It's gotta be soo embarrassing for them I imagine.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I'm confirming that at this moment we've no further updates to share about the EOR MM issues flagged here.

We still want to give you room to continue discussing in this thread. However, we won't float it to the front page any more so it's clear that new updates on this topic aren't imminent.

Wow, that is shady. You might as well start a thread saying please never buy our product again.

All along the comments were buried in this megathread with no intention of taking any corrective action. I wonder why they are so sensitive to this issue? They know there are problems, but dont want to change anything for some reason. I dont get it. Oh well, I'll jump on board with the new threads that are inevitably coming.

• Seems to be the most blatant cover up conspiracy they've ever tried to pull. Even try to mention EORMM anywhere and they'll delete your comment or warn you for being "off topic".....even though they do not hunt down other sorts of "off topic" posts and delete and ban people who paid for this game, are the only ones playing it and deserve communication about VERY REAL problems. It's gotta be soo embarrassing for them I imagine.

I didn’t even point out EOR matchmaking as the main culprit, i pointed out the outright steamrolls that both this game and BFV are suffering from

If they know the issues exist, tell us. Im tired of “investigating” aka ignoring problems
  • I play HvV almost exclusively and matchmaking is the worst. Gid rid of it. Eliminate it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • Hah, so this thread will forever be a ghost town to only those who have ever posted in it....I guess this is only like page 13 on the forum. So "the apparent few" of us who have questions about the eormm are resorted to just sharing the pain with each other in this thread? Is this what it's like to be buried alive? Haha

It's amazing isn't it.
    "Major technical problem stopping users from experiencing 80% of the game they PAID FOR for more than 50% of the time the game has existed and instead of fixing they are now covering it up"

Great job EA. I always liked your games but am seeing why there is so much dissatisfaction with your product. Will think twice before buying another that's for sure.
    • Your username.
      snakefood7
    • On which platform do you play?
      PS4 pro
    • In what region are you located?
      Japan
    • What is it you exactly experienced?
      I just find it strange that I'm waiting for, lets say, Blast to fill up, sometimes it does, the game ends and then everyone has vanished after "finding" another supposed game and the room is empty.
      Where did EVERYBODY go?
      This situation happens repeatedly in the skirmish games.
      So, I go to the other rooms and they're all empty too, with the exception of GA.
      Why is it that GA is so heavily, 99%, promoted on the home screen? You have to hunt for any of the other 'rooms', but GA is ALWAYS in the largest, first thing you see, panel.
    • What time did it happen? (Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation.)
      every weekday during prime-time (7pm-9pm) however, 4-5pm is the same.
    • What game mode were you playing?
      all but GA
    • What ping site you were connected to?
      Narita
    • (Optional) Any additional feedback?
      Right now it's 'Winter Break' in Japan, so there is some playing, but most rooms are still empty at all times.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • AuraStorm
    382 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Iron Soldier said the admins intentionally turned off this post from bumping “because they have no updates at this time”

So, lemme get this straight, you allow other posts about issues like HvV targeting float even tho “you have no updates at this time” for that either, what?
  • IIPrest0nII
    4799 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    Iron Soldier said the admins intentionally turned off this post from bumping “because they have no updates at this time”

So, lemme get this straight, you allow other posts about issues like HvV targeting float even tho “you have no updates at this time” for that either, what?

Here is the official comment: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1273488#Comment_1273488
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • AuraStorm wrote: »

Yeah, if THAT is the reason...then how is it different than threads talking about new weapons, Heroes beyond Anakin, Extraction maps, Alien troop skins or fixes/changes TO ANYTHING that they "don't have any updates" to talk about??

So...it seems to be a completely illegitimate and irrational excuse. They are just trying their best (beyond anything else) to silence the issue.

Here is the official comment: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1273488#Comment_1273488

It's 100% contradictory to every single other post in this forum regarding topics that there are "no updates" for....don't you agree?

It's 100% contradictory to every single other post in this forum regarding topics that there are "no updates" for....don't you agree?

Yes. I'm surprised they even addressed the issue on page 1. It makes them look even more shady. Just because you dont have an answer doesnt make the issue disappear, no matter how many threads you close or effectively close. People who haven't seen this thread will make new threads and there will be responses because this is a relevant issue.
  • 12/28/18
    Your username.
    snakefood7
    PS4 pro
    Japan
    Strike game finished. I hit 'matchmake'; fell into an empty room. Stayed empty for 30 mins (I jumped out and joined 'strike' again because sometimes I get into 'that' game). Still only one waiting, previous player.
    Jumped out and tried blast (it's 8:50pm on a Friday): EMPTY!
    After 5 minutes I jumped and tried Extraction: EMPTY!
    Jumped out and tried SA:Got in an active game. No matchmaking; got immediately into a game!
    Narita
    Right now it's 'Winter Break' in Japan, so there is some playing, but most rooms are still empty at all times.
  • ZERO GAMES AFTER THAT!!
    IN JAPAN, ZERO GAMES, EXCEPT GA.
    WE'RE ONLY ALLOWED TO PLAY GA IN JAPAN.
    BATTLEFRONT IS A FAILURE IN JAPAN AND HAS BEEN FOR NEARLY A YEAR.
    call of duty gets a game IMMEDIATELY, anytime.
    BattlefrontII failing in Japan is like failing in adult entertainment in Los Angeles!
    There is no excuse for it.
  • So much for free speech. We have a topic that is actually important to players and members of this community but to supress it under the guise of “we have no new updates” reeks of the Dark Side and the Empire. Regardless of whether the developers have new updates, the members might. Having this thread pushed down demonstrates a lack of integrity and prevents any new member from contributing. I am a new poster but I’ve been watching this forum since the game was released so I was able to know of this thread’s existence. Most new members will not be so lucky.

I have been buying EA games since the 1980s. This type of behavior is abhorrent. You may think I’m being overly dramatic but even the smallest supression of speech has had an adverse impact on society throughout history. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t make them wrong and certainly doesn’t make you right. Will the world crumble because EA has decided to supress our voice about Matchmaking? No. But the fact they would do it in this instance makes you wonder how they’d handle a more serious topic like cyber-bullying.

“Censorship is to art as lynching is to justice” -Henry Louis Gates

giphy.gif
  • So much for free speech. We have a topic that is actually important to players and members of this community but to supress it under the guise of “we have no new updates” reeks of the Dark Side and the Empire. Regardless of whether the developers have new updates, the members might. Having this thread pushed down demonstrates a lack of integrity and prevents any new member from contributing. I am a new poster but I’ve been watching this forum since the game was released so I was able to know of this thread’s existence. Most new members will not be so lucky.

I have been buying EA games since the 1980s. This type of behavior is abhorrent. You may think I’m being overly dramatic but even the smallest supression of speech has had an adverse impact on society throughout history. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t make them wrong and certainly doesn’t make you right. Will the world crumble because EA has decided to supress our voice about Matchmaking? No. But the fact they would do it in this instance makes you wonder how they’d handle a more serious topic like cyber-bullying.

“Censorship is to art as lynching is to justice” -Henry Louis Gates

Its hypocritical, if nothing else
  • EA_Tom
    371 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Hey folks,

You can continue discussing the issue. However, please refrain from discussing moderation which is against the forum rules & guidelines.

Dropping this comment here as a gentle reminder that this topic isn't exempt from being closed if it breaks the forum rules.

Thanks!
  • Well said Yoda Skywalker. Too bad only a few of us will get the opportunity to read it.
    Hey folks,

You can continue discussing the issue. However, please refrain from discussing moderation which is against the forum rules & guidelines.

Dropping this comment here as a gentle reminder that this topic isn't exempt from being closed if it breaks the forum rules.

Thanks!

I wouldn’t have to discuss moderation if this topic floated like it should

I’d also like to say how ironic it is you threaten to close the same post that has no updates for fixes

Hey folks,

Thanks!

Censorship at its finest.

Everyone should just stop expecting them to do anything.

Then why issues threats of closing down something in which you all have no desire to fix or do anything about. But to only hide and merge threads talking about it?

Hey folks,

Thanks!

You know, you'd get more respect from your CUSTOMERS if you'd at least acknowledge that you're 'starting to see a trend' or 'heard this a few times' or 'gotcha' or anything other than CONDESCENDING THREATS that you're going to 'shut us down'!
    Nobody has respect for your 'team' because you seem to not be listening. The impression is that you have meetings where the banter goes something like this:
    <i>Mr. CARE LESS A) "What's the latest on the messageboard?" (◔_◔)
    Mr. CARE LESS B) "It's satiating the ***** by letting them vent about our product."
    Mr. CARE LESS A) "Good. As long as they feel like they've got a place to go to complain."
    Ms. CARE LESS C) "Exactly, they really don't know what's going on with the game like we do. Just keep them feeling like they're helping."
    Mr. CARE LESS B) "Roger, Roger" {all chuckling}
    </i>

<b>CUSTOMERS:</b> 'like' this post if you feel the same way.
  • IT'S 9:30/SUNDAY IN JAPAN
    PS4
    snakefood7
    jumped into an assault game after trying a few times to find one (whyever that is).
    Got to continue to with another game.
    After that, everyone vanished and all other rooms are EMPTY except for GA.

Again, why is all traffic funnelled into GA only. NO OTHER GAME ROOMS HAVE ANYONE IN THEM; NONE!
  • Cadoth
    1182 posts Member
    sukebe7 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Thanks!

You know, you'd get more respect from your CUSTOMERS if you'd at least acknowledge that you're 'starting to see a trend' or 'heard this a few times' or 'gotcha' or anything other than CONDESCENDING THREATS that you're going to 'shut us down'!
    Nobody has respect for your 'team' because you seem to not be listening. The impression is that you have meetings where the banter goes something like this:
    <i>Mr. CARE LESS A) "What's the latest on the messageboard?" (◔_◔)
    Mr. CARE LESS B) "It's satiating the **** by letting them vent about our product."
    Mr. CARE LESS A) "Good. As long as they feel like they've got a place to go to complain."
    Ms. CARE LESS C) "Exactly, they really don't know what's going on with the game like we do. Just keep them feeling like they're helping."
    Mr. CARE LESS B) "Roger, Roger" {all chuckling}
    </i>

<b>CUSTOMERS:</b> 'like' this post if you feel the same way.

Wow, that was rude
  • Cadoth wrote: »

Wow, that was rude
    Are you able to play a game right now?
    I'm not. I usually wait around for an hour searching around for a game with 98% bad luck.
    Were you an early adopter of the game?
    Unfortunately, I was; full package; what a waste.

• Left for a month to play BFV, come to see what's up before I jump back in... Check the first topic in my updates...
    I'm gonna wait for conquest.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • 1/1/19 new years (Japan's christmas)
    Your username.
    snakefood7
    PS4 pro
    Japan
    Blast game filled after waiting 10 minutes. When the game finished I fell into Jabba's room with 1 other player. room was unable to fill for 30 mins (I jumped out and joined again because sometimes I get into 'that' game): COMPLETELY EMPTY!
    Jumped out and tried Strike (it's 6:15pm): EMPTY!
    I jumped and tried Extraction: EMPTY!
    Jumped out and tried SA:Got in an active game. No matchmaking; got immediately into a game!
    Narita
    1) Right now it's 'Winter Break' in Japan, so there is some playing, but most rooms are still empty at all times.
    2) A moderator told me to put this info, in this format, here. This is my third one, yet I have not received any Ack or anything from anyone. I suppose my time isn't as important as anyone "running" this shipwreck.
    3) if you were really interested in collecting meaningful data about problems with your game, you would just make a form that feeds a database that you can parse out later, instead of me having to bold your questions to make it easier for you (or nobody) to read. Such a form would take 30 minutes to build; database and all.
    Hey folks,

I'm confirming that at this moment we've no further updates to share about the EOR MM issues flagged here.

We still want to give you room to continue discussing in this thread. However, we won't float it to the front page any more so it's clear that new updates on this topic aren't imminent.

Bury the evidence? lmao this is priceless.
    I come here once a week or so to check this thread to see if this has been addressed so I can play again. I guess That's it then.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.