criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Removing the HvV Target System should be PERMANENT, Not an Event

Prev13
The_Rookie
3870 posts Member
edited December 2018
Hero Blast MUST replace HvV. Enough is enough. 13 months of pure exploiting in this mode and it’s time for it to end.

I understand that the team is ‘considering’ removing the target system as an event for a few days, but that’s not good enough. Real HvV players want this horrendous feature of the mode gone forever.

We don’t need to wait until you guys finally decide to make it an event, then wait for the feedback, then wait for more pondering as to whether or not permanent removal of the target system is correct. It is obviously correct. The target system does nothing but reward people who run, hide and exploit.

It’s time the Dashing Dark Side of Bolting Boba/Flying Fett, Marathon Maul, Kylo Run, Galloping Grievous and Sprinting Sidious finally get what’s coming to them.

The same goes for the Heroes in Haste: Obi-Run Kenobi, Fill-in-the-Blank Yoda, Luke Skyrunner: Jedi Master, a Legend, and Runaway REY.
21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
headerjpgt1547513853
Post edited by The_Rookie on

Replies

• Dash wrote: »
    Merry Christmas. And also, +1 Agreed.
    Thank you. Merry Christmas.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Cadoth
    1178 posts Member
    I hope this upcoming event will make its appearance in January, and also, if it goes well I do hope it will replace completely the target system
  • I like catching running players and jumping away, breaking camps and so on, that is fun. That is what you can call challenge in this mode, it is also fun that only your kill count doesnt matter who wins game, there is also some objectives to take out. If this mode is removed I will certainly miss Evading Emperors and Luke Skyrunners and so on, make TDM optional mode
  • bfloo
    15933 posts Member
    Lets give it a try 1st.

If we go by Dice's track record, any change will be for the worse.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Yes please. Target system sucks.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Lets give it a try 1st.

If we go by Dice's track record, any change will be for the worse.

This.

If it’s great, the numbers and feedback will show. The downside is the long process it would take, but I’d like to see it in action first before they would commit to it.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Merry Christmas everyone! And yes. Remove the target system for Ben's sake!! Hero TDM!
  • Cadoth
    1178 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Targeting system is great

Wow, you never give up😂
  • Agree. Away with the target system.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    The more I see this idea, the more I hate it.
    And why is that?
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Agree 100%
  • I concur
    6yhaq5sil036.gif
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    And why is that?

Because these threads show up all the time, and I prefer keeping the modes we have, especially ones with an achievement tied to it.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    And why is that?

Because these threads show up all the time, and I prefer keeping the modes we have, especially ones with an achievement tied to it.

There is a reason these threads are showing up.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    And why is that?

There’s no achievement for distance run.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Raylol
    1140 posts Member
    Hero Blast MUST replace HvV. Enough is enough. 13 months of pure exploiting in this mode and it’s time for it to end.

I understand that the team is ‘considering’ removing the target system as an event for a few days, but that’s not good enough. Real HvV players want this horrendous feature of the mode gone forever.

We don’t need to wait until you guys finally decide to make it an event, then wait for the feedback, then wait for more pondering as to whether or not permanent removal of the target system is correct. It is obviously correct. The target system does nothing but reward people who run, hide and exploit.

It’s time the Dashing Dark Side of Bolting Boba/Flying Fett, Marathon Maul, Kylo Run, Galloping Grievous and Sprinting Sidious finally get what’s coming to them.

The same goes for the Heroes in Haste: Obi-Run Kenobi, Fill-in-the-Blank Yoda, Luke Skyrunner: Jedi Master, a Legend, and Runaway REY.

Make it only for Blaster heroes (Except Boba and Palpatine) and it would be perfect.
  • Raylol wrote: »

Make it only for Blaster heroes (Except Boba and Palpatine) and it would be perfect.

What?
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I m not a big Hvv player but sup you guys
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• I am for the withdrawal of the target system but against hero blast, another solution must be possible, hero blast will only replace this problem by another.
  • I have not played HvV in nearly a year because of it. I actually quit a long time ago, back when people were doing the rubber band trick for free credits. I really want to play it again, but only if they remove this terrible target system. Someone at DICE must just LOVE it if they are just now considering removing/replacing it.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • I guess it's better to remove it.
    Nothing can't be worse then this chicken run at the moment - hopefully.
    But i think humans are evil enough to find ways to exploit this new system everybody wants aswell.

For example i love the 2vs2 Hero Showdown mode the most, because normally it's amazing fights without this stupid target system.
    But sometimes there is this team what decides to completly camp somewhere they get a huge advantage.
    Then there is two options - we decide to camp as well until the timer runs out or we try to get them even when we have a big disadvantage going to there camping spot.

I think some kind of objective is needed to make people's move/teamplay and stop them from camping aswell.
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Keep in mind the following guys:

1. Ben has already stated on Reddit they’re going to do something/try something towards this in the coming year at some point.

2. The forums do not represent the entire player base as a whole, but it is often a good gauge for requests, as is Reddit, and Twitter. So with what I see so far there are More for this than against it. That’s good. That’s really good. People are starting to wake up and are sick of it.

3. It’s ok to disagree, but state why, and type what YOU would suggest differently.

There is time between right now, and when the changes/live adjustments for this are eventually deployed for the players to discuss and debate. So have at it! Don’t be shy!

That is all.

May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Raylol wrote: »

Why?
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    I am for the withdrawal of the target system but against hero blast, another solution must be possible, hero blast will only replace this problem by another.

The only problem that will be introduced is bad players that win by running and map exploiting will now lose. And they’ll have to go cry themselves to sleep.
    I am for the withdrawal of the target system but against hero blast, another solution must be possible, hero blast will only replace this problem by another.

The only problem that will be introduced is bad players that win by running and map exploiting will now lose. And they’ll have to go cry themselves to sleep.

you know, people exploit the leak with the maul / Boba will be the same who will exploit hero blast, the runner will be replaced by the most aggressive heroes, for me it is not the right solution, than to replace by hero blast
    ghawar18 wrote: »

you know, people exploit the leak with the maul / Boba will be the same who will exploit hero blast, the runner will be replaced by the most aggressive heroes, for me it is not the right solution, than to replace by hero blast

Are you saying you’re against people actually fighting in HvV? That’s what it appears to be. That’s the whole point of the game mode.

A Boba who flies off in Hero Blast will hurt their team badly. Before when they were the target and got 0 kills, but were target 5 times, gives their team a fighting chance.

Just the other day, we had a match where our team won as lightside. 5-0 with each of us having 45+ eleminations to the other team's maybe 8 a piece but the boba having 0.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH

I prefer a fight.
    hojevrxvarht.png

A Boba who flies off in Hero Blast will hurt their team badly. Before when they were the target and got 0 kills, but were target 5 times, gives their team a fighting chance.

Just the other day, we had a match where our team won as lightside. 5-0 with each of us having 45+ eleminations to the other team's maybe 8 a piece but the boba having 0.

This won't change with hero blast. Losing in hero blast 200+ to 24 is going to frustrate a lot of people.

I think it's going to be very easy for one really good player to dominate in a TDM, and a good team will never come close to losing.

Are you saying you’re against people actually fighting in HvV? That’s what it appears to be. That’s the whole point of the game mode.

What I mean is that yes, hero blast will certainly be more pleasant to play than HvV that we currently have but all defensive hero such as boosk / Phasma / Finn ... will be put aside because they are heroes support for more aggressive hero who will more easily make kills, the only thing that will matter, its will be the attack power of your team.
  • The target system should be removed.

But unlike the haters on here, I respect the development team for sticking with the game.

Thank you.
    And why is that?

There is one for fighting off the enemy target while being the target yourself.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I would be far more interested in an all-Hero Strike or Extraction weekend than I would Hero Blast.

Or 4v4 Hero Showdown. I could get behind that idea as well.
    And why is that?

So? They can change it, or something. At the end of the day, it is just a trophy that I think only has been acquired by like 1% of people on PlayStation. A terrible game mechanic shouldn't stay over a measly trophy.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    And why is that?

Which should tell you that the devs wanted targets to fight, not run.

I guess they would have to change the requirement of that achievement to eliminate the target system. That seems really unlikely.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I am in favor of Hero Blast replacing the target system or having Hero Showdown replace it and become 4v4 (or more) and having a new 1v1 duel mode.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    And why is that?

And why is that?

This might sound a bit rude, but nobody cares. It’s totally worth it to get rid of a small achievement in favor of saving HvV.
    And why is that?

Which should tell you that the devs wanted targets to fight, not run.

I guess they would have to change the requirement of that achievement to eliminate the target system. That seems really unlikely.

Hero Blast... Deserves it own mode. I’m still standing by the idea that the target system needs tweaking instead of replacing.

I’ve been away during the holidays so apologies for the delay.

Welcome back!
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    I would be far more interested in an all-Hero Strike or Extraction weekend than I would Hero Blast.

Or 4v4 Hero Showdown. I could get behind that idea as well.

These are great ideas.
  • Good thread, hope it gets a serious look.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Only runners will dissaprove this

It’s most games now, that and using glitch spots to hide, it’s reminds me of the way HeroHunt went in bf15.
  • I agree with Darth_Vapor3
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I think it will be a mess if they remove the target system because dice can’t fix stupid players. It will be a chaotic mess. I am curious to try it out thought but no decisions should be made before that.

The target system is fun but unfortunately too many dumb players. Like today it was 2 v 4 and the other team was winning because for whatever reason even though we were up two of my teammates quite. So even though the other team because of this got to 7-3 one of their teammates went up high to hide where no one could get him. Like why? Just play and fight you are already going to win. So stupid.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Only runners will dissaprove this

It’s most games now, that and using glitch spots to hide, it’s reminds me of the way HeroHunt went in bf15.

For some reason all the new players coming in... this seems to be how they play. Lots and lots of runners just trying to run hoping their teammates will kill the other target.