criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who misses BF 2015?

13Next

Replies

• Clone201 wrote: »
    Does anyone miss the DLT-19X + cooling cell + sharpshooter / berserker meta from BF2015?
    I did...
    I got up to 103 kills with it in on one long TP match.

Some guys did well with the combo, but I wouldn't describe it as a meta. Barely anyone used it
  • BucksawBoushh
    3152 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    * duplicate post
    Post edited by BucksawBoushh on
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    Does anyone miss the DLT-19X + cooling cell + sharpshooter / berserker meta from BF2015?
    I did...

Some guys did well with the combo, but I wouldn't describe it as a meta. Barely anyone used it

True, but note that this one in particular took quite some skill to use effectively (which is probably why ''Barely anyone used it").

Accuracy and positioning over your enemy was very critical, as well as using medical droid or bacta bomb on your teammates to have trait 3 quickly, plus PTO.

It's extremely OP in the right hands... and fun for the player using it.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • WodiQuix
    4238 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The A280C is my go-to weapon for almost everything Rebel-related. I usually swap to the E-11 as a stormtrooper. My go-to heavy weapon is the RT-97C for both factions, and my go-to pistol is the DH-17.

But really, the A280C is my main weapon.
  • May play a little tonight, it’s been full lately.
  • This is what I remember most, not me but my comp partner who has god tier aim with the cycler

Beast mode activated
  • This is what I remember most, not me but my comp partner who has god tier aim with the cycler

Beast mode activated

Cycler Rifle <3
  • You guys aren’t helping lol, making me miss it worse than ever.
  • lagless
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Does 2017 have Dropzone or Cargo? The answer to that alone defines which is better.

Sadly 2017 is built for casuals thus its what you get

Are you really suggesting BF2015 wasn't built for casuals? Because its even more casual than BF2

Both are built for casuals, however 2017 far more so. At least 2015 had the ability so be somewhat competitive when done right and in the right mode, 2017 no chance. If you want proper a competitive game then sure lets go jam CS, however when comparing 2015 and 2017 only, 2015 win by a significant margin

Right. Dropzone in bf1 was a game mode that had the ability to be competitive (maybe cargo as well) . Still remember doing squad battles in dropzone private matches. Fun times
  • Cargo: Bubble, bacta, scatter gun, EE-4

I was unstoppable. I miss those rounds.

Extraction: jetpack, dioxis, cooling cell, EE-3. Even though I knew where the hero tokens were, sometimes I wouldn't even bother because I could triple the next closest player's eliminations with that build. But some of my favorite moments were as Vader on the Palace garage.

HvV Outer Rim: jetpack, Cooling cell, bacta bomb, EE-3. Kept my distance and crushed heroes. Loved Krennic in this mode.

I really miss Dengar and Krennic. And playing as R2D2. And completing the trench run. Blah. A day of reminiscing.
  • I don’t miss BF2015. It was a misfire, IMO.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    I don’t miss BF2015. It was a misfire, IMO.

If that was a misfire wonder what this is classed as lol

A tragedy
  • I miss Battle Station. I remember the first time I made the whole trench run and blew up the Death Star. It felt so epic. Battlefront 2 isn't terrible, but nothing in this game compares to that level of epicness.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »
    I did...

ecajh139cx0v.png

Playing Droid run with berserker, cooling cell, DLT19X, scatter gun, and scout pistol was great.

That brought back good memories (of the game, not of kills, I don't think my kill count is that high in total, let alone for the DLT-19X).
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • To bad they’re not still working on bf15, add the maps we have now to the 15 game and turn the strike maps into dropzone maps. Only carryover should be HvV added to the 15 HvV.
  • Ppong_Man12
    1615 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Good, fun, and funny times.

It’s to bad so many great players and good guys aren’t around anymore. That was the days lol.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • I messaged my comp team the other day saying we should go back in, I need to hit 100k CA kills, all are keen. Just hope there is population left. Looking back I dunno why I quit, must have thought BF1 and this had more to offer. Mistaken I was
  • What they should have done is focused on one era at a time, like for example... bf2017 make it all about the clone wars and then the next battlefront all about the new trilogy... I will say the arcade mode one bf2015 had more variety where as this one... outside of campaign... the games kinda suck... I enjoyed the customization of the original! More weapons and cool extra views of some of the same levels! Good ideas and not good ideas, decent graphics, but the new one because it’s newer has better graphics (duh saw people saying how cartoonish the bf2015 is). Oh well I prefer the IDEAS from the bf2015 but love the gameplay from bf2017, oh well bought bf2015 for the arcade mode and now find myself playing online too with it! More fun then this one at times!
  • BucksawBoushh
    3152 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    A Battlefront for each specific era would have been awesome. Although I would want a re-do on the OT since even though it was one entire game dedicated to that era, they still managed to leave out an absurd amount of content.

BF - PT, BF2 - OT and BF3 - ST would have been ideal (IMO). This way the ST is fully wrapped up and they're not picking at scraps for content. Although I still think there's more content to pull from the ST than people give it credit for.
  • Kinda funny how the OT game sold more copies on release than the one including the CW
  • An amazing game that felt like Star Wars and actually worked.
    I really wish they had just opened up the DLC's to everyone and kept the game alive while they made BF2 usable. :(
  • I miss the maps which were over all better and more fun along with all the different game modes. Also there were nowhere near as many bugs it’s crazy how a AAA game is this bad.
    But I don’t think I could go back because the heroes play better in this one and the mobility is much better here.
  • Gameplay is distinct enough between the two for me to consider it apples and oranges, but in terms of the eye/ear candy department 2017front doesn’t hold a candle to 2015. From the imp and rebel announcers to the look of the blaster bolts, the aesthetic of 2015front was much more pleasing.
    FORUM JESTER
    KOG
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • me and my friend compared a bunch of stuff between the 2 games and I dont know if we came up with a single thing battlefront 2 did better then battlefront 2015 lmao just about everything is better in that game.
  • KnightActual
    225 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I miss many things from 2015.

I'm ready to say that 2017 is TECHNICALLY the better game. Probably. It's Probably more balanced, it probably has improvements to the game engine, it can probably boast about having some hit detection or some such. It does have all three eras, whether you like them or not, and more choice is better than less, though I do wish it would allows us to play era specific map rotations. It does have more heroes to choose from, saber combat has better ideas around it (though lacks in implementation). The overall graphics are better, I think. The battle point system for gaining a hero is probably better, the inclusion of how to get vehicles, and reinforcements, all probably improvements.
    I will say that, aside from not having a 'trench run', 2017 is better at every single thing concerning Starfighters. A big plus.

But.... although @tommytom64 says it best, I'll choose a smaller post.
    Relmets wrote: »
    Gameplay is distinct enough between the two for me to consider it apples and oranges, but in terms of the eye/ear candy department 2017front doesn’t hold a candle to 2015. From the imp and rebel announcers to the look of the blaster bolts, the aesthetic of 2015front was much more pleasing.

Relmets says it well. 2015, to me just FELT better. The blasters sounded like blasters. The E-11 in particular felt like a slow firing, heavy hitting blaster with the proper sound and kick. The pew-pew-pew-pew of this E-11 is wrong. It's off. And it's like that for many of the blasters. What in the world is this submachine gun CR-2 thing? I could run a sound bite of that thing past 100 people off the street and not one of them would say "Blaster from Star Wars". The stormtroopers ran more fluidly. The graphics were slightly worse but somehow crisper? The snow on Hoth for 2015's Walker Assault looked cold and natural, the snow in 2017's Galactic Assault looks fake somehow, I cannot put my finger on it.

Level design seemed better. Maps in 2015 had all these nooks and crannies and side tunnels, multiple entrances, and paths to the target, 2017 is an exercise in chokepoints. Remember Extraction in the Sorosuub Factory? With the molten steel, and the route that the shipment took was a big U? Catwalks everywhere for multiple elevations, side tunnels to get all the way to the other side on, etc. Man that was great. Compare the various, multiple elevation choices from Sorosuub to, say, Kessel. You can't, cuz there's no comparison. 2017 has two maps for that mode, versus .... I don't know how many maps there were in 2015 but it was probably 4 or more. Also like 9 or 10 game modes instead of 6?

All in all, 2015 seemed more polished, less rushed, and more supported. It looked better. It was more complete. There were CERTAINLY fewer bugs.

I miss the spark-filled explosions.
  • Uhhhh... have you forgotten the Jet Pack + Bowcaster spam? No thanks dawg.
  • Definitely miss the first game. Everything about it was awesome. Sure there were some glitches and op spam items, but what game doesn’t have that. The fact that it was more infantry based and had modes that allowed competitive matches (DZ, Cargo, Droid Run). The players were way more competitive from my experience. You’d always have people sending hate mail or asking for 1v1’s. The game had more modes and while I agree that the Heroes gameplay mechanics are superior in 2017 battlefront, the 2015 heroes were still amazing and the game was just way more fun. I could play it for hours on end and not be bored. The game also could’ve been competitive like previous people have mentioned which is why the game was epic. Wish some of the old teams would get back on and maybe start some tournaments up again.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Gameplay is distinct enough between the two for me to consider it apples and oranges, but in terms of the eye/ear candy department 2017front doesn’t hold a candle to 2015. From the imp and rebel announcers to the look of the blaster bolts, the aesthetic of 2015front was much more pleasing.

Nice to have you back my friend. When you getting back online ?
  • MCA26 wrote: »
    An amazing game that felt like Star Wars and actually worked.
    I really wish they had just opened up the DLC's to everyone and kept the game alive while they made BF2 usable. :(

I cant believe they didnt do that after BF2 came out since they had already given up on doing anything else with the game...opening up the dlc maps would probably kick up sales for it again. It's really rare for me to get on the Bespin maps ( my favs) these days because there's never enough old schoolers who paid trying to get in there anymore.
  • MCA26 wrote: »
    An amazing game that felt like Star Wars and actually worked.

I cant believe they didnt do that after BF2 came out since they had already given up on doing anything else with the game...opening up the dlc maps would probably kick up sales for it again. It's really rare for me to get on the Bespin maps ( my favs) these days because there's never enough old schoolers who paid trying to get in there anymore.

No doubt, it’s shameful to a degree. Even with the split playerbase I remember bf15 a year in being full in most all modes. HvV, WA, TP, Supremacy, Cargo, DropZone, HeroHunt, all the dlc at this time last year was jumping. The same can’t be said of this game, not close form what I’m seeing.
  • Uhhhh... have you forgotten the Jet Pack + Bowcaster spam? No thanks dawg.

They fixed that a long time ago by nerfing the bowcaster... never see hardly anyone using it since. But for the first two months it was RIDICULOUS how OP it was with the jump pack crowd. The "testing" methods of Dice haven't changed one bit from that game to this one.....constant trial and error till they drop the game.
  • They could also copy and paste their Heroes and Villains too, including Jyn and Krennic.
  • Relmets wrote: »

Indeed it is, indeed it is.
  • Enjoyed the first game more for one big reason ..had stats to accumulate and track progress. To me, the new game feels pointless after you've unlocked the stuff you want.

First game also had more varied game modes...especially for those that like the smaller game modes. Drop Zone was awesome...droud run and cargo were fun too. And extraction also was fun.

In the new game we have strike and extraction with it's 2 maps over and over.

They improved balancing in the new game and improved offline content but went backwards in many things.
  • The graphics were slightly worse but somehow crisper?

This especially.
    Xerogon wrote: »

Nice to have you back my friend. When you getting back online ?

Thanks B) , currently on a foreign excursion but hopefully soon

Indeed it is, indeed it is.

;)
    FORUM JESTER
    KOG
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • JUST PLEEAASSE BRING HERO HUNT BACK!!!!

PLEASE.
  • JUST PLEEAASSE BRING CARGO BACK!!!!

PLEASE.

• Finest_Banana
    548 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    JUST PLEEAASSE BRING CARGO BACK!!!!

PLEASE.

^
  • JUST PLEEAASSE BRING CARGO BACK!!!!

PLEASE.

lol I like what you did there
  • 15 has been packed this weekend so far.
  • 15 has been packed this weekend so far.

Really? I couldn't find a WA game, but I was eventually dumped into an empty Supremacy match with a few other players waiting after searching for all 40 player modes. Eventually it filled up and I had a blast! So much trooper action!
  • Bf15 was/is plain and simple more fun

I would say bf2 is arguably a better “game”

It just has never had that fun factor 15 had, I could lose myself on it for hours on end, I struggle to play anymore than 2-3 hours on this before I’m bored

I miss the real HvV, dt12, Nien & Greedo