criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Infantry skills overpowered

I play extraction a lot and have found a few things to be greatly overpowered. I’ve used these myself from time to time and can admit they are overpowered. It seems for every extraction game there are a few people who run around using nothing but the killstreak vanguard and the snipers bubble shield.

In small spaces like Jabas Palace, you are almost indefensible against someone running up to beat you down using melee. This general trend is very frustrating. The Snipers melee ability is way overpowered for my taste. The class, which I use often, has several effective weapons and skill cards that make the class just as deadly as any other class.

The killstreak vanguard is also a bit frustrating but perhaps not as much as the snipers melee. I wouldn’t have said anything if this weren’t so incredibly annoying. Even the heavier classes such as the Wookie or the Death Trooper can be beaten down with just a few melee hits. I will admit it’s effective, but pretty ridiculous. So, try as you may, to shoot the heavier classes (Wookie/Death Trooper) nothing compares to sneaking around them and meleeing them. A full round of heavy fire may not do it, but get hit with the butt of a sniper rifle and you’re down.

So, in conclusion I believe EA needs to revisit the design of the sniper class. The melee damage dealt by the sniper should be reduced at least by a third in my opinion. The bubble shield should also be considered in this. I find that my favorite class is the sniper, using it requires strategy and skill to line up the perfect shot. Running around and meleeing unsuspecting players requires minimal effort.

Replies

• As far as I understand, the melee hits do more damage than intended. As a bug. I may be incorrect, but, at some point, perhaps this is going away.

You are correct, if you don't see it coming, you're toast. However, if you have just a hint, there is something you can do. First, I equip an ion firing gun. Your fave class is the sniper? Their version of the A280 has an ion shot attachment. As soon as I see a bubble, dodge/roll backwards, aim at the head, and shoot. Ion shot melts their shield almost immediately. Roll backwards, keep firing. Kills them dead.

Vanguards though? You just have to be lucky enough to roll and hope you dodge their shot, then kill them before they can pull the trigger on their slow as heck shotguns.
  • Deon699 wrote: »
    I play extraction a lot and have found a few things to be greatly overpowered. I’ve used these myself from time to time and can admit they are overpowered. It seems for every extraction game there are a few people who run around using nothing but the killstreak vanguard and the snipers bubble shield.

In small spaces like Jabas Palace, you are almost indefensible against someone running up to beat you down using melee. This general trend is very frustrating. The Snipers melee ability is way overpowered for my taste. The class, which I use often, has several effective weapons and skill cards that make the class just as deadly as any other class.

The killstreak vanguard is also a bit frustrating but perhaps not as much as the snipers melee. I wouldn’t have said anything if this weren’t so incredibly annoying. Even the heavier classes such as the Wookie or the Death Trooper can be beaten down with just a few melee hits. I will admit it’s effective, but pretty ridiculous. So, try as you may, to shoot the heavier classes (Wookie/Death Trooper) nothing compares to sneaking around them and meleeing them. A full round of heavy fire may not do it, but get hit with the butt of a sniper rifle and you’re down.

So, in conclusion I believe EA needs to revisit the design of the sniper class. The melee damage dealt by the sniper should be reduced at least by a third in my opinion. The bubble shield should also be considered in this. I find that my favorite class is the sniper, using it requires strategy and skill to line up the perfect shot. Running around and meleeing unsuspecting players requires minimal effort.

5b6bqpn7abx8.jpeg
  • moondynemc
    1979 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You can find Extraction matches? Lucky. Haven’t had one in months.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on