criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Removing the HvV Target System should be PERMANENT, Not an Event

Replies

• Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I agree with Darth_Vapor3
    To add to this, chasing after Boba can be very annoying (or I'm bad at chasing after him on Yavin-4. We did win, and someone killed him at some point, but it seems like a nuisance).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    I am for the withdrawal of the target system but against hero blast, another solution must be possible, hero blast will only replace this problem by another.

The only problem that will be introduced is bad players that win by running and map exploiting will now lose. And they’ll have to go cry themselves to sleep.

you know, people exploit the leak with the maul / Boba will be the same who will exploit hero blast, the runner will be replaced by the most aggressive heroes, for me it is not the right solution, than to replace by hero blast

Are you saying you’re against people actually fighting in HvV? That’s what it appears to be. That’s the whole point of the game mode.

What I mean is that yes, hero blast will certainly be more pleasant to play than HvV that we currently have but all defensive hero such as boosk / Phasma / Finn ... will be put aside because they are heroes support for more aggressive hero who will more easily make kills, the only thing that will matter, its will be the attack power of your team.

I disagree. Those heroes can be played aggressively with good results.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    The more I see this idea, the more I hate it.
    And why is that?

Because these threads show up all the time, and I prefer keeping the modes we have, especially ones with an achievement tied to it.

There’s no achievement for distance run.

There is one for fighting off the enemy target while being the target yourself.

Which should tell you that the devs wanted targets to fight, not run.

I guess they would have to change the requirement of that achievement to eliminate the target system. That seems really unlikely.

Hero Blast... Deserves it own mode. I’m still standing by the idea that the target system needs tweaking instead of replacing.

I’ve been away during the holidays so apologies for the delay.

Welcome back!

Problem with that is apparently they can't free up tile space for more options, hero blast would also obsolete the current HvV.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • So, just for the record... Every time I’ve made such a thread, the result has been overwhelmingly in favor of removing this poorly designed target system once and for all. Devs, take note.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Only runners will dissaprove this

It’s most games now, that and using glitch spots to hide, it’s reminds me of the way HeroHunt went in bf15.

For some reason all the new players coming in... this seems to be how they play. Lots and lots of runners just trying to run hoping their teammates will kill the other target.

It’s not just new players.

If we are going to have HvV be a targeting game I don’t have a problem with runners. That’s the nature of a game like that. Running is one of the legit strategies. We may not like runners but I’m not going to knock the strategy. Games like this should have different types of strategy...defense, offense, snipers, runners, etc. It’s part of what makes the game interesting.

Now, if we want to compare targeting to say BF1, there’s no comparison. I liked BF1 better. But BF2 has been fun. Matchmaking sucks and there are some character glitches that need to be fixed, but other than that I enjoy it and still play it a lot.

giphy.gif
  • DICE cares about the targeting as much as they do about matchmaking
  • PJP
    61 posts Member
    Like everyone I hate runners in HvV. I would be down for hero blast or something similar. If they won't do that then at least they should implement a timer or something to prevent runners from literally doing nothing but running.

I've lost count of the times I've been the target in a 1v1 against the other team's target and they run. I could understand in some situations it's strategic to regroup with your team but come on. We're both the target, it's just us, and they run. How is that fun? Personally, even if I'm outnumbered I enjoy the challenge.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3914 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The more I see this idea, the more I hate it.
    And why is that?

Because these threads show up all the time, and I prefer keeping the modes we have, especially ones with an achievement tied to it.

There’s no achievement for distance run.

There is one for fighting off the enemy target while being the target yourself.

Which should tell you that the devs wanted targets to fight, not run.

I guess they would have to change the requirement of that achievement to eliminate the target system. That seems really unlikely.

Hero Blast... Deserves it own mode. I’m still standing by the idea that the target system needs tweaking instead of replacing.

I’ve been away during the holidays so apologies for the delay.

Welcome back!

Problem with that is apparently they can't free up tile space for more options, hero blast would also obsolete the current HvV.

Maybe, but they have added Extraction and made menu adjustments to JP Cargo and EH. The target system is currently flawed, but an objective based hero mode is still a great idea.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    I've mentioned killswitching Boba before, but nobody gets on board
    I’ll get on board with killswitching him and at least four other Dark Side characters.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I wonder if it would work to replace the target system with something like the Revenge / Avenge markers in Starfighter, otherwise playing pretty much like Blast.
  • jtyoda25 wrote: »
    My team had a combined score of 58,801 to the other team's 38.990, almost 20,000 more points.
    My team's total eliminations were 61 to the other team's 44, yet we still lost the match because of the targeting system we forgot the rules of the game and the other team actually played the objective.

As AzorAhai just said, it doesn't matter how many kills you get if you ignore the objective. I see it all the time, a podium stand full of of the losing team because they absolutely crushed in kills, but nobody pressed the button.

The targeting system of HvV is fine, and prevents it from becoming yet another boring team deathmatch mode.

It doesn't mean that anyone forgot the rules, it's that the rules are flawed. There's too much random luck involved with when and where the target spawns. I can't count how many times I've been respawning and before I can even get to our team's target to defend them, the other team is already swarmed around them and destroyed them.

If there's going to be a targeting system, the most logical thing to do, would be to do something similar to Hero Showdown, where after a target is eliminated both teams respawn back at their respective neutral bases to allow a fair fight again, instead of one team constantly being able to pick off one target at a time as a group before the other team get there to defend their target; that alone would eliminate a lot of the issues.
    My team had a combined score of 58,801 to the other team's 38.990, almost 20,000 more points.
    My team's total eliminations were 61 to the other team's 44, yet we still lost the match because of the targeting system we forgot the rules of the game and the other team actually played the objective.

As AzorAhai just said, it doesn't matter how many kills you get if you ignore the objective. I see it all the time, a podium stand full of of the losing team because they absolutely crushed in kills, but nobody pressed the button.

The targeting system of HvV is fine, and prevents it from becoming yet another boring team deathmatch mode.

No it's not fine.
  • Hey I'm the first one to agree that the 2015 version of Heroes vs. Villains was better. I would like a 4v4 Hero Showdown type mode, possibly with Trooper back up.

All I'm saying is that HvV as it stands isn't as terrible a mode as people are making it out to be, and that most people's grievances can be boiled down to, "The other team used the clearly defined rules to defeat me, so I want those rules changed." HvV is fun. I can ROLFstomp teams as the LS, I can get rolled as the LS. It's about who plays the game better.

Mostly. ;)

Running with boba fett & maul. Freezing the target & running away is not cool.
  • Hey I'm the first one to agree that the 2015 version of Heroes vs. Villains was better. I would like a 4v4 Hero Showdown type mode, possibly with Trooper back up.

All I'm saying is that HvV as it stands isn't as terrible a mode as people are making it out to be, and that most people's grievances can be boiled down to, "The other team used the clearly defined rules to defeat me, so I want those rules changed." HvV is fun. I can ROLFstomp teams as the LS, I can get rolled as the LS. It's about who plays the game better.

Mostly. ;)

Running with Maul is fair game as far as I'm concerned. It's not my style, but it's also not a problem in my experience. Sometimes you've got to work as a team (even with strangers!) to corral a skilled runner. And I think it's fun when you ruin that guy's flight of fancy.

Boba is your best argument for breaking the mode. But it's maybe, at most, 1 out of every 25 or so matches that I encounter a skilled, determined Boba coward. Lol.

People want Hero Blast, I say give it to them.

But I'm a fan of the sport that is HvV.

I never played the hero mode in the previous game, so I can't comment on it at all. Why not give us that one then, alongside this one?

• Video proof on why it needs to be removed. Both videos nothing but runners & using cheap tactics when they knew they were going to lose. Both games were also against a group. Definitely doesn't need to stay
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Hey I'm the first one to agree that the 2015 version of Heroes vs. Villains was better. I would like a 4v4 Hero Showdown type mode, possibly with Trooper back up.

Mostly. ;)

Running with Maul is fair game as far as I'm concerned. It's not my style, but it's also not a problem in my experience. Sometimes you've got to work as a team (even with strangers!) to corral a skilled runner. And I think it's fun when you ruin that guy's flight of fancy.

Boba is your best argument for breaking the mode. But it's maybe, at most, 1 out of every 25 or so matches that I encounter a skilled, determined Boba coward. Lol.

I never played the hero mode in the previous game, so I can't comment on it at all. Why not give us that one then, alongside this one?

You're not gonna catch maul with luke or rey or anyone while protecting your target.
    Hey I'm the first one to agree that the 2015 version of Heroes vs. Villains was better. I would like a 4v4 Hero Showdown type mode, possibly with Trooper back up.

Mostly. ;)

You're not gonna catch maul with luke or rey or anyone while protecting your target.

fbkkkcqvd587.gif

Mostly. ;)

Not with that attitude you aren't.
  • Dash
    11609 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    I've mentioned killswitching Boba before, but nobody gets on board
    I’ll get on board with killswitching him and at least four other Dark Side characters.

LOL I should've called it Demmymandering, since it seems to be your favorite topic (besides "Rey is my waifu" ;)) but yes, of course you have four more excuses. :p

Just saying, just because your voices are the loudest doesn't mean that the community as a whole wants the change, and it definitely doesn't mean that it is a good idea or going to make for a more enjoyable experience for the majority of the player base.

A handful of hardcores can't speak for the entire community. It's a casual game. It is Star Wars, after all, not "Sweaty Tryhard Wars".

As my fair and balanced friend Dash would say, "Just my 2 cents". :p

I am a Wise man. :wink:

But I look forward to this debate! Carry on everyone! :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

AzorAhai wrote: »

Mostly. ;)

Teamwork makes the dream work.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

Mostly. ;)

Maul is running the the team consist of kylo boba, iden( they are also in a full party). Your team is rey/obi wan, lando, han, & luke. You have to defend lando meanwhile boba can rocket barrage dies comes back in meanwhile you've defended your target from the other 3 while your target is slowly being whittled down. You try to get the target as the team but have to fight the same characters again

Mostly. ;)

And it’s been my experience that the truly skilled Bobba players don’t run.
  • Dash
    11609 posts Member
    edited December 2018

Mostly. ;)

💯

A good Boba, and I mean GOOD, wrecks face and stays in every fight, from a decent distance to not get caught by force Abilities, but close enough to wreak havoc and keep the target on his toes.

Skill > Running.

#Fact

Ask @tandoori_oven how Nasty skilled Bobas are, especially on PC. They break the Will of people. Not even kidding. They simply break people.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Darth_Vapor3
    3914 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dash wrote: »

Mostly. ;)

💯

A good Boba, and I mean GOOD, wrecks face and stays in every fight, from a decent distance to not get caught by force Abilities, but close enough to wreak havoc and keep the target on his toes.

Skill > Running.

#Fact

Ask @tandoori_oven how Nasty skilled Bobas are, especially on PC. They break the Will of people. Not even kidding. They simply break people.

Yeah I’ve seen this and try to replicate it but with only moderate success. I still attempt this cat and mouse dance though. Flying off and waiting around is simply fun canceled and game breaking in its own right for me. I don’t play Bobba too often.
  • Dash
    11609 posts Member

Mostly. ;)

💯

Skill > Running.

#Fact

Yeah I’ve seen this and try to replicate it but with only moderate success. I still attempt this cat and mouse dance though. Flying off and waiting around is simply fun canceled and game breaking in its own right for me. I don’t play Bobba too often.

I tend to stay off him as much as possible. It’s bad enough I’m in a group 100% in HVV. I don’t want to do that to people. So I use Bossk or Grievous depending on my mood. :neutral:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »

Mostly. ;)

💯

Skill > Running.

#Fact

I tend to stay off him as much as possible. It’s bad enough I’m in a group 100% in HVV. I don’t want to do that to people. So I use Bossk or Grievous depending on my mood. :neutral:

If solo I will always go boba since that’s autowin. Group I swap between him and palps. Made many a premades quit with Boba, the weeping is epic
  • Dash wrote: »

Mostly. ;)

💯

Skill > Running.

#Fact

It’s a total mood thing for me too. I actually do very well with Bossk but I seldom play him either. It’s a style thing. Grievous now... An ogre swinging tree trunks? Me likey.

I’m not a fan of Bossk’s skill set, nor his ability to fully regen and on many occasions I’ve almost joined in the complaints against him. Truth is though, it’s as you say. Ultimately, he’s squishy enough.
  • Darth Vader up on that Naboo fighter up there. That's a pickle. :)

But nothing stopping you from doing that as Luke.

Mostly. ;)

This. All of this.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

• Video proof on why it needs to be removed. Both videos nothing but runners & using cheap tactics when they knew they were going to lose. Both games were also against a group. Definitely doesn't need to stay

You say tomato, I say tomato.

First of all, that first one is a clinic on how to wreck with Han Solo. Kudos to you sir, that was fun. However, despite their high number of eliminations, I didn't see a whole lot of help from your teammates. If I'm wrong, I'll watch it again, but I see them fighting a lot of people who aren't the target. Your own defender seemed sometimes wanting to die.

That second one though.... 10-3 before the other team simply switched tactics from something that wasn't working to something that worked. What you call trash runners, I see them as using the abilities they have to stay away from potential threats. Ugh, that Darth Maul. But I only saw you try to intercept his predicted path twice.

I saw a good player working independently from his team, and it appeared the other team worked better together. I'm not criticizing, you were playing with randoms, what are you going to do? But I don't think that removing the target system is going to help teams that play independently win against teams that utilize better teamwork.

This first video was just me & my bro against 4 other players that were in a group & being with randoms we were trying to protect them. Also thanks I love han & I use him to counter everyone except boba. Also yeah we were killing people who weren't the target because can't have them go for our target get what I mean?

The second 1 I don't mind changing tactics it was the fact that the boba & maul & kylo started running & you can't catch a good boba runner on yavin & protecting your teammates. Especially the occasional rocket barrage drive bye
  • AGREED. Tired of people running as Luke or Maul.
  • Boba is easy to kill especially with han. Han destroys boba.
  • Running with Maul and Luke is fun, evading and camping is fun and everything else is fun, except when people are using map exploits and you have to play 1vs4 because of quitters. You can continue playing and wait when Luke and Maul finishes their running marathon exercise. Remember to shoot Boba before you start running or he might surprise you.

My team's total eliminations were 61 to the other team's 44, yet we still lost the match because of the targeting system.

I know that there's been already much said about the targeting system; I just thought I would share a real example of why it's wrong. It's the equivalent of one team in any sport, outscoring the other team by almost 20 points, but still losing the game. The targeting system is flawed, and sometimes comes down to just sheer luck, as to the person becoming the target being surrounded by the other team before the rest of the team has an opportunity to come to their defense.
    I respectfully disagree. The objective of the game isn’t to get the most kills; it is to eliminate 10 targets. You say, “it’s the equivalent of one team in any sport, outscoring the other team by almost 20 points, but still losing the game“ but it’s not. I liken it to baseball. Sometimes one team gets a lot more hits and still loses. Sometimes one pitcher strikesout more batters and still loses. The objective is to score more runs not get more hits.

giphy.gif
  • lerodemmy
    3489 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Removed
    Post edited by lerodemmy on
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Decrypt3_ wrote: »
    Boba is easy to kill especially with han. Han destroys boba.

So when Boba is flying from one side of Mos Eisley to the other and hiding behind buildings, Han can easily catch and kill him?
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I toatly agree for the love of God remove this garbage system there is no skilled involved it’s become a game mode where people force you to play tag for an hour and in the end they think they are good at the game it’s pathetic
  • lerodemmy
    3489 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Removed
    headerjpgt1547513853

My team's total eliminations were 61 to the other team's 44, yet we still lost the match because of the targeting system.

I know that there's been already much said about the targeting system; I just thought I would share a real example of why it's wrong. It's the equivalent of one team in any sport, outscoring the other team by almost 20 points, but still losing the game. The targeting system is flawed, and sometimes comes down to just sheer luck, as to the person becoming the target being surrounded by the other team before the rest of the team has an opportunity to come to their defense.
    I respectfully disagree. The objective of the game isn’t to get the most kills; it is to eliminate 10 targets. You say, “it’s the equivalent of one team in any sport, outscoring the other team by almost 20 points, but still losing the game“ but it’s not. I liken it to baseball. Sometimes one team gets a lot more hits and still loses. Sometimes one pitcher strikesout more batters and still loses. The objective is to score more runs not get more hits.
    No matter how you slice it, the target system is ill-conceived and extremely flawed. The outrageously overpowered Dark Side’s superior ability to run gives them a huge advantage with the target system. Boba Fett alone can virtually decide the outcome of many matches without even attacking.

In my opinion, and that of most HvV players I know, running as the target is exploiting, not strategy. The players who run are also the players who use wall glitches and map exploits to their advantage. They have no class or respect for others and will do anything to see “Victory” at the end. They’re the types of players who could easily be labeled as “toxic.”

I’ve found that once these exploiters discover their so-called strategy isn’t going to work, their response tends to be one of the following:
    -Quit
    -Continue exploiting just to prolong the match and annoy others
    -Go AFK

Runners and exploiters can be rewarded with a win for their childish, rude behavior. The target system is perfect for them. It gives them a chance to frustrate people and technically win without actually fighting.

Players who exploit the target system do not deserve to win. They do not deserve satisfaction for trying to ruin the experience of others. Running, hiding and cheating do not require skill. Hero Blast would require skill and that’s why it should be introduced.

If it was up to me, those who exploit the target system would be banned, because it’s tantamount to cheating. I don’t care what the objective is. HvV players play HvV for Hero-Villain combat, not for an objective.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • IronSoldier
    3592 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Just quick message to say i've removed 9 posts from the thread. We don't need users typing like scooby doo (you know who you are). Thanks.
    Decrypt3_ wrote: »

So when Boba is flying from one side of Mos Eisley to the other and hiding behind buildings, Han can easily catch and kill him?

Yes just cut him off and one bomb will kill him. Just shoot right after.
  • Phantom_A320
    1527 posts Member
    edited December 2018

Yes just cut him off and one bomb will kill him. Just shoot right after.

That’s clever. I wonder why none of us could have possibly thought up such a diabolical plan to thwart bobas running!

This doesn’t work against pro running bobas. You never get an opportunity to cut him off. When he runs you can’t teleport to the end of the map he’s running to.

You must not play this game if you think it’s that simple.

Also what “bomb” are you referencing? I didn’t know there were “bombs” that apparently one shot Bobas.
  • 40 people agree.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Dash
    11609 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    40 people agree.

Let’s make it 80.

Dew it.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

jtyoda25 wrote: »

No matter how you slice it, the target system is ill-conceived and extremely flawed. The outrageously overpowered Dark Side’s superior ability to run gives them a huge advantage with the target system. Boba Fett alone can virtually decide the outcome of many matches without even attacking.

In my opinion, and that of most HvV players I know, running as the target is exploiting, not strategy. The players who run are also the players who use wall glitches and map exploits to their advantage. They have no class or respect for others and will do anything to see “Victory” at the end. They’re the types of players who could easily be labeled as “toxic.”

I’ve found that once these exploiters discover their so-called strategy isn’t going to work, their response tends to be one of the following:
    -Quit
    -Continue exploiting just to prolong the match and annoy others
    -Go AFK

Runners and exploiters can be rewarded with a win for their childish, rude behavior. The target system is perfect for them. It gives them a chance to frustrate people and technically win without actually fighting.

Players who exploit the target system do not deserve to win. They do not deserve satisfaction for trying to ruin the experience of others. Running, hiding and cheating do not require skill. Hero Blast would require skill and that’s why it should be introduced.

If it was up to me, those who exploit the target system would be banned, because it’s tantamount to cheating. I don’t care what the objective is. HvV players play HvV for Hero-Villain combat, not for an objective.

Now you’re calling runners cheaters? That’s a bit of a leap. First of all, you can’t cheat in a video game. Developers provide the parameters and everyone plays in the same environment. The gliches, though perhaps annoying, are available to everyone until they are removed. But throughout the history of video games, it is common for game developers to place hidden secrets in games. So, perhaps some things you view as a glich are intentional.

You presume why HvV players play HvV. I play it because I like playing as these awesome characters, I like team games, and I love winning. You seem to be getting mad at the rain because it is wet. Might I recommend using an umbrella instead?

giphy.gif