criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I beg for a caped Grievous skin

I heard about one of the devs (I think it was a dev) saying that his claw rush wouldn't coexist well with cape, but I urge you to reconsider. Capes look magnificent and Grievous' especially, because of its size. There would also be a possibilty to add more than one skin, since caped variant could be for "clean" Grievous, a bit damaged variant and totally devestated one. Capes are cool.
mpz7nbpducfx.jpg

Replies

• Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    I really don't understand what you people find so fascinating about skins. It's just a slightly different appearance of a character. Why aren't people clamoring for more actual content rather than stupid skins
  • DICE only problem to not make one is: Claw Rush. The animation is too messy for the cape. At least I think so, sorry. 🙁
    Current Topics:
    Hero/Villain Star Card Concepts
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

• DICE only problem to not make one is: Claw Rush. The animation is too messy for the cape. At least I think so, sorry. 🙁
    Well, capes already have a mechanic that controls them when their users get ragdolled so that the caped behaves properly and also Lando's cape becomes "stiff" for the duration of his roll, so that it won't end up on his face. I imagine for claw rush it would require a bit more work, but I believe the result would be worth it
  • Could’ve just made the cape vanish during claw rush. Just like the vanguard, infiltration, and sentry weapons do when not in use. Another fail.
  • Lee1981
    1934 posts Member
    Saber91 wrote: »
    I really don't understand what you people find so fascinating about skins. It's just a slightly different appearance of a character. Why aren't people clamoring for more actual content rather than stupid skins
    Agreed

I assume it’s an age thing, I’m too old and miserable to care for skins, it’s surprising how many adults actually go mad for them

My 11 year old son yes I get.., adults hmmmmm I don’t get it

• Billkwando wrote: »

One has nothing to do with the other, so it's ok to ask for both. I learned from Ubisoft and Rainbow Six, because they actually communicate, that skins do not slow down development of actual content, because the art department works on cosmetics, and it's a relatively minor thing. Art departments working on skins isn't taking resources away from the folks who would be making new maps or new guns, so there's no need to assume that the folks asking for skins have their heads in the wrong place.

Unfortunately in this case, it’s heroes or skins. Ben has said this himself. After Dooku and Anakin I would personally like them to dedicate some time to skins. The potential is infinite.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Lee1981
    1934 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »

One has nothing to do with the other, so it's ok to ask for both. I learned from Ubisoft and Rainbow Six, because they actually communicate, that skins do not slow down development of actual content, because the art department works on cosmetics, and it's a relatively minor thing. Art departments working on skins isn't taking resources away from the folks who would be making new maps or new guns, so there's no need to assume that the folks asking for skins have their heads in the wrong place.
    The potential is infinite.
    The opportunity for them to make money from them isn’t

Which is why we will get bare minimum

• JMaster
    2159 posts Member
    I remember reading a dev tweet that a cape for Grievous would be impossible at the moment, which is such a shame, as that was the only skin I was interested in for him. I can only imagine it's the animations during Claw Rush, I thought of a cool idea for him to work around that. Much like how characters receive battle-wear and damage and how Grievous's Legendary skin is dynamically animated, I think that Grievous's cape could be torn off during certain gameplay cues, like a good half of it would come off during the claw rush animation. Honestly though, even if it clipped like cray through the animation, it's fine. I still want to see this in all of it's glory...
    9ilqhsb863qw.png
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Saber91 wrote: »

Because skins are actually still content too...
  • TastyNoob
    242 posts Member
    edited January 5
    Sad devs can't release it, you would think a well funded highly devoted team of star wars enthusiasts would come up with a way of working around cape mechanics. But nah we got 2 practically the same skins, ones slightly more damage and slapped Legendary on it.
  • I would just imagine that his cape would fly behind him while connected to his neck alone

I really hope they add it
    He isn’t the same without out it
  • Not all heroes wear capes😉
  • Saber91 wrote: »

For me I want both but I guess I feel like skins are easier and faster to make. I remember when people were asking for leia boosch and skiff landk and then like really quickly they came out. Gave me the impression they could be more reactive with skins.

Also skins in some ways make the experience of playing the same character and map feel fresh. And they are fun for Star Wars fans and fans of the character.
  • Don’t care about the cake. In fact I hate capes in certain maps like kasshyk where I need to see where I’m walking.
  • I would love to see a caped Grievous. Or at least I don't want to see another battle damaged one. What I really want too see is Grievous's fighter though. Hero fighters need to make a comeback. As for the claw rush, they could just have it flutter above his body during claw rush and slightly draped over his back end who cares if if looks a little off graphic-wise, it would be more than a worthy trade off.
  • Don’t care about the cake. In fact I hate capes in certain maps like kasshyk where I need to see where I’m walking.

Who doesn't like cake?
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Folks, real quick here - let's dial back some of the rhetoric here. Some people may not want skins (and opt for like heroes and/or villains or other pieces of content) some might! No need to bring up age or accusations of ageism. Thanks~
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    Why do i have the feeling one of my posts has been deleted for no reason at all? Anyway, i just wanted to share this clip of Vader using the Claw Rush animation so some people could take a look at how it looks... Hmm.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/acm2a2/claw_rush_modded_on_to_darth_vader/
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    edited January 5
    TastyNoob wrote: »

Because skins are actually still content too...

Barely.
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Folks, real quick here - let's dial back some of the rhetoric here. Some people may not want skins (and opt for like heroes and/or villains or other pieces of content) some might! No need to bring up age or accusations of ageism. Thanks~

Can i wear your skin?

ihgm4619tfjb.jpg
    I don't care about the cake either...
  • JMaster
    2159 posts Member
    edited January 5
    AVGN wrote: »
    Why do i have the feeling one of my posts has been deleted for no reason at all? Anyway, i just wanted to share this clip of Vader using the Claw Rush animation so some people could take a look at how it looks... Hmm.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/acm2a2/claw_rush_modded_on_to_darth_vader/
    That's... rather scary and hilarious, but it doesn't look like the clipping would even an issue. I don't know what's stopping them from making it, but that looks like it would totally work with Grievous. Bring on the capes! Lando would be proud...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Yeah the caped skin would be awesome
  • BucksawBoushh
    4690 posts Member
    edited January 6
    JMaster wrote: »
    AVGN wrote: »
    That's... rather scary and hilarious, but it doesn't look like the clipping would even an issue. I don't know what's stopping them from making it, but that looks like it would totally work with Grievous. Bring on the capes! Lando would be proud...

After seeing this I see no reason as to why they can't do a caped Grievous skin. Wasn't the whole reason for them not doing it issues with having a cape during the Claw Rush animation? Rubbish. Throw a cape on the default Grievous skin.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Yeah they can make it Legendary or whatever
    Just add it please
  • VaperEyes wrote: »
    Don’t care about the cake. In fact I hate capes in certain maps like kasshyk where I need to see where I’m walking.

ihgm4619tfjb.jpg
    I don't care about the cake either...

Alright, That is a cool cake.