criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battlefront 3

Replies

• Lonnisity wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    This thread is just silly.

“Let’s have the devs drop everything, invalidate everything they’ve made, and all the work players have put in so far, and create an entirely new game that they’ll charge a minimum of $60 that has almost no distinction from this game whatsoever, just so we can have a ‘fresh slate’ and get good DLC.”

What in the world are you people on?

That’s exactly what they did with the 1st game and it’s far superior to this one. This game isn’t special nor doesn’t it deserve special treatment, it’s business. So yeah I’m all for a bf3, the sooner the better imo and hopefully they get back to a bf15 type game and play mechanic. Casuals will still have this game or can play LEGO.

I do understand where your coming from though because I felt the same way when they abandoned bf15. Also to many people have left this game and imo they’re not getting them back without a new title.

If they left this game, it’s for reasons that will keep them away if a Battlefront 3 is released.

EA and DICE need to save face. They do that by taking the time to fix this game and make it worthy of the IP, not by abandoning ship AGAIN and trying with a new game AGAIN.

The pattern would continue, and Battlefront 3 would have the same problems the last two have had. The pattern stops when they decide to do a game right, and they can do that with this one.

I still think this game is to far gone imo and not worth the effort. Saving face sounds good and they should try and win back frustrated fans, but I’m betting after the winter dlc the most we get is a few additional skins. I also don’t believe in any way, shape, or form, skins and bling will solve any problems of help longevity of this game.

Imo it’s clear they don’t care what we ask for anyway, if so we would have new modes like Cargo, more skins, more freedom to choose and customize, better matchmaking, private matches and so on. Imo there’s no reason to resurrect a sunken ship when you can build a new one.

So you don’t think it’s worth the effort to fix a game that already exists, but it IS worth the effort to build an entirely new game?

If they don’t have the resources (or in your view, the will) to fix this game, they certainly won’t have the resources to make an entirely new game.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Sometimes you have to learn from your mistakes
    Take it on the chin
    Or you can grab a bucket and try to bail/bale water out of the titanic
    They need to make the next game properly and not rushed
    Plus let the game testers do there job properly
    With a true progression system that updates regularly with the game and game play
    BF3
    Most likely it will be with the next generation consoles
    PS5 and XBOX 2
    But it has to happen
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    This thread is just silly.

“Let’s have the devs drop everything, invalidate everything they’ve made, and all the work players have put in so far, and create an entirely new game that they’ll charge a minimum of $60 that has almost no distinction from this game whatsoever, just so we can have a ‘fresh slate’ and get good DLC.”

What in the world are you people on?

That’s exactly what they did with the 1st game and it’s far superior to this one. This game isn’t special nor doesn’t it deserve special treatment, it’s business. So yeah I’m all for a bf3, the sooner the better imo and hopefully they get back to a bf15 type game and play mechanic. Casuals will still have this game or can play LEGO.

I do understand where your coming from though because I felt the same way when they abandoned bf15. Also to many people have left this game and imo they’re not getting them back without a new title.

If they left this game, it’s for reasons that will keep them away if a Battlefront 3 is released.

EA and DICE need to save face. They do that by taking the time to fix this game and make it worthy of the IP, not by abandoning ship AGAIN and trying with a new game AGAIN.

The pattern would continue, and Battlefront 3 would have the same problems the last two have had. The pattern stops when they decide to do a game right, and they can do that with this one.

I still think this game is to far gone imo and not worth the effort. Saving face sounds good and they should try and win back frustrated fans, but I’m betting after the winter dlc the most we get is a few additional skins. I also don’t believe in any way, shape, or form, skins and bling will solve any problems of help longevity of this game.

Imo it’s clear they don’t care what we ask for anyway, if so we would have new modes like Cargo, more skins, more freedom to choose and customize, better matchmaking, private matches and so on. Imo there’s no reason to resurrect a sunken ship when you can build a new one.

So you don’t think it’s worth the effort to fix a game that already exists, but it IS worth the effort to build an entirely new game?

If they don’t have the resources (or in your view, the will) to fix this game, they certainly won’t have the resources to make an entirely new game.

Of course, your looking at it from a fanboy perspective which is basically this entire forum. Also your not accounting for the tons of people that left this game and aren’t coming back. No one is paying 60 bucks again for this game, heck it’s hard getting my buds to get it for 7 bucks. I would play 60 for bf3 and I think many others would as well.

Just as many people here love this game there’s probably just as many or more that hate this game, that’s imo not facts. Also don’t you think the guys from bf15 thought the same thing when that abandoned it.

They dumped a lot better game that this one to move on to what, this, so yeah why not move to a bf3. They also changed to a predominately casual game, they changed the play mechanics, they all but dumped infantry play, then they added useless garbage modes imo.

The entire game just feels like a b-team effort at best compared to its predecessor. This is a game and series which has no identity imo. So yeah, your darn right I would buy a bf3, besides, this game just isn’t that good imo. I, like many others I know only play because it’s Starwars.
  • rollind24
    4890 posts Member
    edited January 4
    I would be too afraid it would actually take the full jump to, Battlefront 3: Super Smash Brothers edition, to buy it.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • KnightActual
    234 posts Member
    edited January 4
    The best advertisement for your next game is your last two. I believe DICE and EA are experiencing this lesson with Battlefield V, this game had so many issues and problems, and was so poorly represented in media and, well, here, that it had a negative effect on their new game.
    It's why I didn't buy it.
    It's why I will never again pre-order a game.
    And even though I wish there were more, every addition they make to this game without simply cutting it loose and saying 'Screw it and everyone who bought it, we'll just take their money and start over', tells me that there are at least some at DICE who are still passionate about their product. It still baffles me sometimes, the amount of bugs in this game that are allowed in, and it's not the best shooter I've ever played, but someone there is still trying to fix it.
    I would welcome, eventually, a Battlefront 3. But I would be disappointed if it came out with Episode 9, since CLEARLY, DICE requires more time and effort into making their games correctly. Quality over Quantity please. I would be happy to wait two or three years, or even more, playing Battlefront 2 while I wait for a massive, spooge inducing, bug-free, content packed, quality game.
    I would just hope they continue to work on this game while I wait.
  • aljykmah9qny.jpg
    A reboot with all the new technology arriving - they would be crazy not to. Follow the technology...
    Technology: will Microsoft gaming (Xbox, Windows) adopt Artificial Intelligence / Ray Tracing / Super Servers (bad choice before A.I.) / Ultra HD with VR / 4k gaming above 32 inches / Bluetooth 5.0?
    Sony is the godfather of 4k and many other techs - but doesn't have the market. Should Sony and Xbox merge? Should Sony and Apple merge?
    Where does Disney go after Episode IX? This game can grown bigger than the market technologies - bring every weapon, starship, saber to BATTLEFRONT 3 [Legacy of the Force] / [A Legacy Unleashed] or something...
  • Maybe in 2-3 years time, people will have forgotten about this train wreck by then.
  • Ppong_Man12
    1755 posts Member
    edited January 6
    The best advertisement for your next game is your last two. I believe DICE and EA are experiencing this lesson with Battlefield V, this game had so many issues and problems, and was so poorly represented in media and, well, here, that it had a negative effect on their new game.
    It's why I didn't buy it.
    It's why I will never again pre-order a game.
    And even though I wish there were more, every addition they make to this game without simply cutting it loose and saying 'Screw it and everyone who bought it, we'll just take their money and start over', tells me that there are at least some at DICE who are still passionate about their product. It still baffles me sometimes, the amount of bugs in this game that are allowed in, and it's not the best shooter I've ever played, but someone there is still trying to fix it.
    I would welcome, eventually, a Battlefront 3. But I would be disappointed if it came out with Episode 9, since CLEARLY, DICE requires more time and effort into making their games correctly. Quality over Quantity please. I would be happy to wait two or three years, or even more, playing Battlefront 2 while I wait for a massive, spooge inducing, bug-free, content packed, quality game.
    I would just hope they continue to work on this game while I wait.

Agreed, an extra year for a bug free smooth running game would be well worth it. Still the sooner the better because again, this game just isn’t that good. Go back and start from the first game, it’s light years better than this one.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Just to test the game play
    I brought a XBOX1X today to see a different side of this game
    Yes I will start level 1 and have a quick grind
    But at least I can see the difference in players and gameplay
    I still say bring on BF3
    In the meantime I would like the new larger game mode that's lacking due to know new Maps
    Especially for Extraction B)
  • LOTR2013
    235 posts Member
    edited January 6
    It'd be amazing if they continue to support Battlefront II for two or three more years. So maybe five years for the next game. There's so much more to be done in this one, and with things supposedly turning around it'd be a real shame to see them move on now. Either way, I highly doubt I'd get the next Battlefront.
  • Psy3d
    333 posts Member
    I am waitng for the respawn version of SW game right now. I frankly don't want any game from DICE at all...love thier FB engine though. I think ea should get dice only to focus on the engine and next battlefield game while some other dev does sw:BF3. The og BF2 is like far superior to this current one in terms of actual content and fun factor. Come on ea...make some changes!
  • Nah I don't think we will see Battlefront 3 anytime soon. Battlefront 3 will of course have many of the same heroes and locations from this game, so there needs to be something in the gameplay that will not feel like just a retread of the past two games.

I think the new Conquest style mode coming next month is a look at the future of this game series. It's also the best shot this series has at a revival imo.

Battlefront 3 needs to launch will all maps large enough to accommodate this new game mode. I also think it would be a great idea to do something like a mode where you can fly back and forth between battles on the planet and in space. Sort of like combining this new Conquest mode and elements of Starfighter Assault. They also need to up the player count to a minimum 64.

For this reason, I think Battlefront 3 won't be coming until the next generation of consoles.
  • Also, the fact DICE does Battlefield has most definitely impacted Star Wars Battlefront. I am 100% convinced this is why we never got the traditional Conquest gameplay from day one. They wanted to make sure this game didn't compete with Battlefield.

And then there's the fact they took developers off this game to help out with Battlefield V. That's why it's taken longer to get content out. They prioritized Battlefield which is the better selling series.

They own Titanfall now, and there's a lot of talk that Titanfall 3 could be on the way this year. So there's no rush to get to Battlefront 3.
  • Also, the fact DICE does Battlefield has most definitely impacted Star Wars Battlefront. I am 100% convinced this is why we never got the traditional Conquest gameplay from day one. They wanted to make sure this game didn't compete with Battlefield.

And then there's the fact they took developers off this game to help out with Battlefield V. That's why it's taken longer to get content out. They prioritized Battlefield which is the better selling series.

They own Titanfall now, and there's a lot of talk that Titanfall 3 could be on the way this year. So there's no rush to get to Battlefront 3.

Yea I just saw that bout Titanfall this week. I never played the first one but the 2nd one was fun.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I really don't think that there will be a Battlefront 3 anymore. However, if there is one, one of the major wishes I have is that they remove the Star Card system, or rather just don't have it in the first place. Just keep it simple. Progress for guns, gun attachments, and abilities/gadgets like in Battlefield and sort of like the original Battlefronts (although there wasn't any progression). No grindy power levels or boosters, if there are specializations keep them small and minimal. Progression for heroes just comes naturally as you try to master a hero's kit and abilities and become better with them. I mean, just look at Overwatch or Siege. Honestly, I wish they could get rid of it in this game, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon, and if it did it might mean a major delay in content like with the progression and economies rework.
  • MCA26 wrote: »
    Why would anyone buy Battlefront 3 after this train wreak?
    Because it’s Star Wars. Basically anything Star Wars will sell. Plus they have the license, meaning no competition, EA is the only option for Star Wars games. Bf 2015 wasn’t so great either yet people still bought this one.

This is how EA operates. They do the same with Madden. They just keep putting out poor game after poor game because people will still buy it regardless and they know it.

I’d be shocked if there’s no battlefront 3 in 2 years max. People will still buy it too, then they’ll complain rather then realize it’s their fault for falling for it yet again, just like so many Madden players.

• The future products linked with the release of a new console. When it will be? Probably, 2020.
    You can be shure, EA will develop the new Battlef(ront|ield) to this date. Not for gamers, for share holders, of course.
  • LOTR2013 wrote: »
    It'd be amazing if they continue to support Battlefront II for two or three more years. So maybe five years for the next game. There's so much more to be done in this one, and with things supposedly turning around it'd be a real shame to see them move on now. Either way, I highly doubt I'd get the next Battlefront.

There's no potential. This game is finished. @Ppong_Man12 is correct.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    671 posts Member
    edited January 7
    I don't want a Battlefron 3 now. Perhaps in 2021 with a new generaion consoles.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • rollind24
    4890 posts Member
    edited January 7
    LOTR2013 wrote: »

There's no potential. This game is finished. @Ppong_Man12 is correct.

Just turn on HU after the new map in February, sorry “mode”, so everyone can get their imbalanced hero/villain jollies off, pack it in and move on boys!
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I want a BF3, but here are my conditions to you EA.

1) it is old republic exclusive. Since the **** up with BF2, they would remake the code for abilities to work.

2) there must be no bugs at all

3) there must be an additional 50 maps, wit at min 70 heroes.

Either 60$ once or season pass of 10$ for each season
  • Ppong_Man12
    1755 posts Member
    edited January 7
    Rocket32 wrote: »
    MCA26 wrote: »
    Because it’s Star Wars. Basically anything Star Wars will sell. Plus they have the license, meaning no competition, EA is the only option for Star Wars games. Bf 2015 wasn’t so great either yet people still bought this one.

This is how EA operates. They do the same with Madden. They just keep putting out poor game after poor game because people will still buy it regardless and they know it.

I’d be shocked if there’s no battlefront 3 in 2 years max. People will still buy it too, then they’ll complain rather then realize it’s their fault for falling for it yet again, just like so many Madden players.

Exactly right, an entirety new group of kids, and their parents will buy a bf3 like hot cakes, like Madden, like COD. People tend to forget how small a percentage this forum is in the overall picture. Unfortunately it probably doesn’t matter so much what we think, the bottom line is profits.
  • Am not going to buy Battlefront 3. I decided a year and half ago this was going to be my last game. When /if they do one in the far future I'll be waiting for a guarantee that Padmé Amidala will be in the game.
    f5c50267744bc69a238745ea75e1fcf6.jpg
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Don't worry everyone Battlefront 3 will come out after the next Medal of Honor game.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.

Well...what's the excuse for them highly supporting BF2015 all through 2016 with tons of maps,.locations, weapons and heroes..WHILE they announced and were developing Battlefield 1?? They even alluded that they took members off of BF2015 to work on Battlefield1.....yet content was dropping adequately every 3 months.

We can try and make that excuse for BF2 (members were deployed elsewhere) but the same thing happened on the last game and we can all agree, paid dlc or not, that they were strengthening the content even with a "limited" staff.

For BF2 we're seeing them make a big deal out of adding Clone skins that they already had competed many months prior...but were merely withheld and trickled out to "fake" continuing development and content. By comparison of extremely similar scenarios, they seem to not want to treat this game as good as their last...nor do they want to continue making NEW content. We even knew Grevious would be coming from the info data mined on release. There just aren't alot of legitimate excuses for acting like they "could not" add substantial content till now...and now they will because Battlefield5 is out of the way.

You're setting yourself up for a let down while you're trying to convince people otherwise. I was here all through the last Battlefront development and they seem to be putting in 75% less effort for BF2. That's apparent if you do the research.
  • I just hope we keep some sort of battlefront alive, an rpg StarWars isn’t my cup of tea other than maybe a rental.
  • BF3 will probably come out in 2020 with the launch of the next generation consoles
    BF2 is coming down the stretch this year to the finish line
  • BF3 will probably come out in 2020 with the launch of the next generation consoles

🤔🤔🤔
    In 2020
    Battlefront III or New Battlefield game?
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

Well...what's the excuse for them highly supporting BF2015 all through 2016 with tons of maps,.locations, weapons and heroes..WHILE they announced and were developing Battlefield 1?? They even alluded that they took members off of BF2015 to work on Battlefield1.....yet content was dropping adequately every 3 months.

We can try and make that excuse for BF2 (members were deployed elsewhere) but the same thing happened on the last game and we can all agree, paid dlc or not, that they were strengthening the content even with a "limited" staff.

For BF2 we're seeing them make a big deal out of adding Clone skins that they already had competed many months prior...but were merely withheld and trickled out to "fake" continuing development and content. By comparison of extremely similar scenarios, they seem to not want to treat this game as good as their last...nor do they want to continue making NEW content. We even knew Grevious would be coming from the info data mined on release. There just aren't alot of legitimate excuses for acting like they "could not" add substantial content till now...and now they will because Battlefield5 is out of the way.

You're setting yourself up for a let down while you're trying to convince people otherwise. I was here all through the last Battlefront development and they seem to be putting in 75% less effort for BF2. That's apparent if you do the research.

Battlefront 2015 sold a season pass. They advertised ahead of time that it would include DLC packs. They had to put out content or get in some real trouble.

But lets face it, the DLC they put out didn't measure up. Outer Rim was all small maps with Greedo and Nien Nunb as heroes lol. That ticked a lot of people off that played the large scale game modes. Death Star was just one scenario that combined Starfighter Assault with a Blast map. Bespin was ok. The Scarif DLC came long after most quit the game. And all DLC packs were stuck in their own playlist.

It might be the most poorly executed Season Pass I've seen. Certainly much worse than the BF4 or BF1 season passes. And DICE's take away from all this? The season pass concept is the problem, not the execution of it LOL.

So they tried loot boxes instead for Battlefront 2. When that blew up, it took their DLC revenue stream with it. That was going to fund the "free" DLC they promised for this game. "Free" DLC that they never actually laid a roadmap out for until E3 when they advertised the Clone Wars content.
  • Ppong_Man12
    1755 posts Member
    edited January 8
    Also, the fact DICE does Battlefield has most definitely impacted Star Wars Battlefront. I am 100% convinced this is why we never got the traditional Conquest gameplay from day one. They wanted to make sure this game didn't compete with Battlefield.

Battlefront 2015 sold a season pass. They advertised ahead of time that it would include DLC packs. They had to put out content or get in some real trouble.

But lets face it, the DLC they put out didn't measure up. Outer Rim was all small maps with Greedo and Nien Nunb as heroes lol. That ticked a lot of people off that played the large scale game modes. Death Star was just one scenario that combined Starfighter Assault with a Blast map. Bespin was ok. The Scarif DLC came long after most quit the game. And all DLC packs were stuck in their own playlist.

It might be the most poorly executed Season Pass I've seen. Certainly much worse than the BF4 or BF1 season passes. And DICE's take away from all this? The season pass concept is the problem, not the execution of it LOL.

So they tried loot boxes instead for Battlefront 2. When that blew up, it took their DLC revenue stream with it. That was going to fund the "free" DLC they promised for this game. "Free" DLC that they never actually laid a roadmap out for until E3 when they advertised the Clone Wars content.

You lost me at Bespin was ok, to each his own though. I’d gladly play 50 bucks again for that season pass as I easily got my money’s worth 10 fold on Beapin and Outerrin alone,

You lost me at Bespin was ok, that means we don’t have an ok map in this entire game imo, to each his own though. I would also gladly pay 50 bucks all over again because I personally got my money’s worth 10 fold on that dlc.

You lost me at Bespin was ok, that means we don’t have an ok map in this entire game imo, to each his own though. I would also gladly pay 50 bucks all over again because I personally got my money’s worth 10 fold on that dlc.

Unless you are trying to say you played the Bespin DLC playlist repeatedly, I'm not following you nor do I get what that has to do with this game's maps. So you were ok with each DLC pack being in it's own playlist?

I was primarily a Supremacy player in 2015 Battlefront. So Outer Rim and Death Star were complete busts for me. Bespin was ok because it at least gave us one large map, even if it was stuck in a playlist with 3 small maps. Again, poor execution of the DLC.

I'd pay for a season pass too if they'd give us large maps in the packs, then use cutouts of those maps for the smaller game modes. That's what Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 did, and it worked like a charm. We'd also need a server browser like in those games so we could mix and match DLC maps with launch content.

Unless you are trying to say you played the Bespin DLC playlist repeatedly, I'm not following you nor do I get what that has to do with this game's maps. So you were ok with each DLC pack being in it's own playlist?

I was primarily a Supremacy player in 2015 Battlefront. So Outer Rim and Death Star were complete busts for me. Bespin was ok because it at least gave us one large map, even if it was stuck in a playlist with 3 small maps. Again, poor execution of the DLC.

I'd pay for a season pass too if they'd give us large maps in the packs, then use cutouts of those maps for the smaller game modes. That's what Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 did, and it worked like a charm. We'd also need a server browser like in those games so we could mix and match DLC maps with launch content.

I agree about the forced playlist and much of this very community did as well from what I remember, it was definitely looked down on by most including me. I also didn’t agree with them not releasing the dlc maps to everyone, that at the time would have made a big difference imo, so again, I definitely agree with you there 100%, great maps, great modes, very poor execution.

I just don’t know it that’ll change with this game this late in. February will definitely be an interesting month.
  • DarthJ
    5832 posts Member
    BF3 will probably come out in 2020 with the launch of the next generation consoles

I do agree that if a Battlefront 3 happens, it would be next gen, what with Sony apparently announcing a PS5 release date this year. Couldn't see it as soon as 2020 though, I would say 2021 at the earliest. I would imagine they would prioritise a Battlefield release on next gen first with it being their flagship title.

I think once we see the new mode, and whether anything substantial comes or is put on some form of roadmap after February, is when we will get a true inkling of this games future. If we see a few new maps or planets within the year, heroes, weapons, then you can see continued support until Episode IX at the earliest. If its bare minimum, with one skin a month or something, then its being tied up ready to be left to die.

Personally, I have struggled to gain interest to play currently. Played the heroes triple XP for an hour or so to finish leveling Obi, but haven't played other than that in about a month if not longer. New games at xmas time have taken my interest, and I imagine its the same for others. which is a shame, as this game could have been outstanding. Its good, but....
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited January 9
    The game is quickly losing interest for me. Dookuu and Anakin are only mildly interesting. I love Obi Wan and beating noobs to get him first in every GA map, but that only lasts so long. The new game mode might be great if they add more then 1-2 maps, which I doubt will happen. Regardless, I think this is it for me.... not going to be buying BF3 unless it’s way in the future and I forgot that I wrote this :hushed:
  • bfloo
    13707 posts Member
    For now there is no need for a battlefront 3.

EA needs to make a sp game, a hero combat game, an rpg, an open world game, a st tie in game (not as needed from a Disney perspective, but one for the ot and pt would work as well) minimally.

Then they can make a battlefront that can just be battlefront, a niche game for fans of shooters, not THE Star Wars game trying to please all Star Wars fans.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

EA needs to make a sp game, a hero combat game, an rpg, an open world game, a st tie in game (not as needed from a Disney perspective, but one for the ot and pt would work as well) minimally.

Then they can make a battlefront that can just be battlefront, a niche game for fans of shooters, not THE Star Wars game trying to please all Star Wars fans.

Agreed... they tried to make this one game for every type of different game styles and that is why it failed ultimately. I wanted a shooter not button mashing action adventure gameplay, which is what you have to do with light sabers. Also, no Ewoks. With that said, I don’t think they will make all of those types of games because the SW has a limited fan base rather than generic games like COD.
  • bfloo
    13707 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Agreed... they tried to make this one game for every type of different game styles and that is why it failed ultimately. I wanted a shooter not button mashing action adventure gameplay, which is what you have to do with light sabers. Also, no Ewoks. With that said, I don’t think they will make all of those types of games because the SW has a limited fan base rather than generic games like COD.

I wouldn't get all of the ones I mentioned. I personally don't enjoy rpg's, movie tie in games are generally terrible, and I generally avoid sp games these days. But each of these genres has tons of dedicated fans, and we had multiple of each during the PT, some of which were even great games.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• If there not going to add much-needed trooper content with new maps in 2019
    Bring on Battlefront 3 for a fresh experience
  • If there not going to add much-needed trooper content with new maps in 2019

So when they screw THAT up will you be coming on here begging for a Battlefront 4 so they can fix all the things they couldn't get right with the first 2 huge tries and a hypothetical 3rd game? Don't be fooled so easily brother, you dont want their Battlefront 3. Nobody should support such a thing when they've gotten away with cutting us short TWICE.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1029 posts Member
    edited January 12
    If there not going to add much-needed trooper content with new maps in 2019

Just play galaxy in turmoil and wait for a star wars mod at that point.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • MCA26 wrote: »

To be brutally honest what did people expect after the 2015 game?
  • rollind24
    4890 posts Member
    edited January 13
    SWymsa wrote: »

Basically expanding on the first one. Not JetPack Cargo or Herofront.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Agree, a campaign which people at the time wanted, more star-fighter combat, again what many wanted from the 1st game, and more maps/content, basically add to what we already had, What we get is an entirely different feeling game/game mechanics, that feels like it was made by a different company imo.
  • rollind24
    4890 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Relmets wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »

Agree, a campaign which people at the time wanted, more star-fighter combat, again what many wanted from the 1st game, and more maps/content, basically add to what we already had, What we get is an entirely different feeling game/game mechanics, that feels like it was made by a different company imo.

Tell me about it, I get that some people had their problems with 2015front combat but I LOVED it. Really wish they kept that the same and we got that game with 3 eras instead of this.

Not that I hate this game or anything. Just wish they didn't "fix" what wasn't "broken." The only real problems 2015front had were that health and armor modifiers, as well as damage modifiers to some extent, were a little too good. And then you had things like shock nades and disruption, which may have been interesting ideas on paper but were executed poorly. The gunplay was fast paced and flowed nicely. And sure all the jumppacks may have taken away from the immersive aspect a bit but I loved all of the verticality and mobility they introduced.

2015front was unlike any other game I've ever played, the combat felt so silky smooth and it looked so pretty. I'm afraid we'll never get a game like that again.

Bacta/Jumppacks while annoying just made me use Explosive Shot.

“Mighty nice glow of blue you have, would be a shame if someone actually used the enhanced damage modifier the game provides on you”. Or melt them before they have the chance to toss one
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Ppong_Man12
    1755 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Relmets wrote: »

Tell me about it, I get that some people had their problems with 2015front combat but I LOVED it. Really wish they kept that the same and we got that game with 3 eras instead of this.

Not that I hate this game or anything. Just wish they didn't "fix" what wasn't "broken." The only real problems 2015front had were that health and armor modifiers, as well as damage modifiers to some extent, were a little too good. And then you had things like shock nades and disruption, which may have been interesting ideas on paper but were executed poorly. The gunplay was fast paced and flowed nicely. And sure all the jumppacks may have taken away from the immersive aspect a bit but I loved all of the verticality and mobility they introduced.

2015front was unlike any other game I've ever played, the combat felt so silky smooth and it looked so pretty. I'm afraid we'll never get a game like that again.

Agree 100%, 15 was unique and unlike any other shooter, better imo. Now we’re back to the same ole same ole, but in generic form, slow, clunky, and feels like a more casual battlefield 1 remake, for me anyway.

They should have called this Hero-U and left battlefront battlefront. I would have been fine with 2 different games every other year.
  • TjPunx
    1107 posts Member
    I’m good with keeping the game that we have now as long as they don’t add Clown wars content