criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

2019 Speculation: Ahsoka and Padme?

So this seems to be a pretty known thing if you are a YouTube frequenter. Matthew Wood(General Grievous) seems to have recorded some preliminary dialogue in reference to Ahsoka Tano and Padmé Amidala. There’s a couple threads about this, but I thought I’d offer a breakdown of why and when they may be coming and who there counterparts might be, as well as what they bring to the rock-paper-scissors of our hero system.

It’s likely given the revival of the Clone Wars TV series in late 2019 they will use Battlefront as a hype platform before its release as they’ve done with Rogue One, Last Jedi, and Solo. If they go forward with creating these heroes as Dennis seems keen to do, it would make sense for a summer 2019 release(June-August). It could be earlier, it could be not at all. I do think Matthew Wood wouldn’t have recorded and polished these voice lines if it wasn’t for a final result though.
-
Ahsoka
So how would Ahsoka play? Following primarily her TCW styles, she’s an acrobatic counter attacker. Her style would never lead a fight, rather to provoke one and capitalize on mistakes. Whiffs and faints and fight talk if you get me.
voy9kvpps8yw.gif
qls5nrapfjfs.gif
She seems to have fairly low durability in singular duels, dramatically so versus a stronger opponent. I’d expect low health albeit with high regen.
omoq71alf3dy.gif
She would have serious capital in speed over others though, given her smaller stature. This gives way to abilities that could focus on a more rapid take on Kylo’s Frenzy
i900ewmy5mdd.gif
*Don’t expect decapitations any time soon
She is an excellent blaster bolt deflector and moderate force user, I’d expect a high deflect stamina possibly with an accuracy card like Luke. A low AoE force throw could be tangible.
-
Padmé
Yeah yeah she’d be a Leia rip off right? Well she was the lead female role in 3 episodes so I can’t see why she doesn’t deserve a spot, and given the right set she’d fit in nicely.
Somehow always at the forefront of live combat, she’d probably have a more aggressive play style than Leia, and play closer akin to Jyn from BF2015 minus the truncheon.
ul4b0h1cvyyw.png
I’d expect an E-5 weapon swap ability, some type of rally buff ability, and possibly some kind of radar obscuring/decoy ability. Just my thoughts. She did love her decoys. Wonder how many got blown up?
-
Who would they fight?
Asajj Ventress
This seems like a no brainer to me to pair with Ahsoka. If they are diving into TCW characters I’d expect no one else.
What’s her fight analysis? Very arrogant, quick, and rage heavy; to a fault.
mjcb6vb0vvob.gif
od9f6qnng6bo.gif
I would not say she is a duelist, but an assassin. Unsuspecting attacks and retreating are her game, with speed nigh unmatched even by Maul on our current roster. She is not able to contend with strong enemies for very long similar to Ahsoka, even more so when they get in her head(which isn’t hard).
xaiy5h5q6fgu.gif
She does have strong force prowess, but only seems to tap into it in the rage of the moment. She has shown aptitude in force choke, manipulation, and push/throw/shockwave typically against singular aggressors.
a0qy8e6vv9am.gif
Her set in general I’d expect to be a insta-kill choke(one enemy), some type of saber dash/twirl/leap, and a rage ability similar to Vader with different perks. Possibly a radar hiding ability. High speed, fairly fragile. Her comic appearances seem to suggest she’d look like a bald Natalie Dormer in realism, so that’s fine with me lol
-
Jango Fett
Yes, this is who I expect to counter Padme. He was the center villain in his Episode appearance which Cad Bane is just shy of zero, and he attempted to assassinate her majesty multiple times in said Episode.
c5pictv57ae6.gif
5reiyn9ay4n4.gif
Jango was a master duelist, overwhelming opponents in a blaze of rapid hits even some Jedi couldn’t handle. This is how I’d expect him to differ from Boba. A dedicated flamethrower ability that covers a major area, perhaps even a weapon swap to wrist flames only. A quick targeting sabre dart similar to Lando’s sharp shot, but with less damage and a strong buffable poison effect. An unlimited cooling+increased fire rate ability to signify his duelist capability. And lastly a more jump jet style jet pack as opposed to Boba’s hovering. Other abilities I could see him getting would be a rope snare to immobilize a target, or a jet pack missile with a massive explosion.
Cad Bane could well be the 2nd villain, he was a better Jedi fighter than Jango. But lets be serious here, a fedora’d duros in this games movie realism graphics would look hilariously ridiculous.
Sorry if this was TL;DR, just felt optimistic that this game may have a bright turn around in 2019 and felt like giving my thoughts on this leak. What do you think? Suggestions, feedback, and your own ideas are welcome as always!
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

• Azelrazel
    613 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I hope they don't ever add Cad Bane, unless they have already added the other, better choices in game. He had his moments sure but the entire time he just had this persona like he was the most badass person in the room. But in the way that he thought he was cooler than he really was, like some young teen at a college party.
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    I hope they don't ever add Cad Bane, unless they have already added the other, better choices in game. He had his moments sure but the entire time he just had this persona like he was the most badass person in the room. But in the way that he thought he was cooler than he really was, like some young teen at a college party.

True but Cad bane should be a enforcer
  • Perhaps. However, I think they would add in Padme before Ahdoka because she has more of a roll in the movies
  • Coyoteyou wrote: »
    Perhaps. However, I think they would add in Padme before Ahdoka because she has more of a roll in the movies
    I absolutely agree, as well as Ahsoka and Asajj most likely will require more development time. And Jango will only arrive if they find a way to duel wield blasters in this engine which I think they’ve yet to crack.
    My projection would be:
    June: Padmé
    July: Jango/2nd mystery villain
    August: Ahsoka and Ventress
    March, April, and May will probably bring some smaller things while they work on them like map ports, cosmetics, bug fixes etc
    With BF5 out of the way I think 2019 could be the redemption year for this game.
  • Cadoth
    1096 posts Member
    Give me Ashoka and I’ll be happy
  • rollind24
    5670 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    They could hype the CWs show but they do also have the live action Mandalorian show coming out. Hopefully it has characters/locations worth putting in the game for 2019.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Jangos dual wield would work like palpatines lightning and he could have a glorified jump pack that has two boosts or something
  • I think they would be more likely to add Aurra Sing instead of Jango, because it looks like they want both the light side and dark side to have the same number of males and females.
  • I think they would be more likely to add Aurra Sing instead of Jango, because it looks like they want both the light side and dark side to have the same number of males and females.

Oh heck yeah! I'd rather have Aurra Sing!

This is all sounding like Mace will get the Shaft yet again.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    I think they would be more likely to add Aurra Sing instead of Jango, because it looks like they want both the light side and dark side to have the same number of males and females.

Mace and Savage from the CW.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    I think they would be more likely to add Aurra Sing instead of Jango, because it looks like they want both the light side and dark side to have the same number of males and females.

Mace and Savage from the CW.

Would be awesome.
    Good point, it would make a fair amount of sense to do that. The dark side could use it since our current female villain count is one and she would offer interesting gameplay. Plus she was in the Phantom Menace for like 5 seconds so she technically has screen time as well.
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    Good point, it would make a fair amount of sense to do that. The dark side could use it since our current female villain count is one and she would offer interesting gameplay. Plus she was in the Phantom Menace for like 5 seconds so she technically has screen time as well.

Two. Phasma is also female. Agree with everything else though.
  • WildSpace wrote: »

Two. Phasma is also female. Agree with everything else though.
    Phasma was the one I had in mind, totally forgot Iden
    I do also think Mace and Savage would be great, but I think they’ll almost certainly miss the roster this year. Maybe Battlefront III? I know Mace has had it with these motherloving sith on this motherloving senate and awaits eagerly to join in lol
  • I agree to all heroes mentioned in the thread.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget

Can they do that?
    Azelrazel wrote: »

Can they do that?
    I’d say pretty assuredly not. It’d be hero or bust for him
    3 or 4 cad banes running around at once as enforcers would be pretty good laugh to see lol
  • Dude you should read my own new post in relation to ‘Padme Amidala’ addition to the game...I’m actually a big fan of the character since the late 90s and I’ve worked out some pretty awesome ideas on what she should look like and what abilities would best fit ‘Queen / Padme Amidala’ .

‘Padme’ and ‘Rey’ are my 2 most favorite Star Wars Characters so I know a lot about Padme’s Character.
  • I never thought the “she has voice lines’ held much weight, in terms of her being added to the game.

Kenobi has a voice line about Windu, & there’s no plans to add Mace to the game.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Not a single hero should be added past Anakin until other content is accounted for. This isn't herofront.

It's time for some new weapons. Other things like maps, reinforcements, and non-hero skins are due as well.

PSN: BucksawBoushh
    Not a single hero should be added past Anakin until other content is accounted for. This isn't herofront.

It's time for some new weapons. Other things like maps, reinforcements, and non-hero skins are due as well.

Or until they actually fix the game.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

Or until they actually fix the game.

You're gonna wait a long time for new content if you expect them to make the game work properly first

Not that I don't agree with you, I'm just not sure I have faith in them to do it
    [+3748 posts]
  • I want this Palps first: 0fde0d956c53b32dd33d94ba58a9718d--savages-revenge.jpg
    Jango Fett would be cool, but 2 infinite jet-pack users in open maps like Mos Eisley, no thanks.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member

Im telling ya bro, that’s all this Pb cares about, hero after hero after hero after hero after skin after skin after hero, now I’m tired.

Where’s the dropzone threads, the new map threads, the new weapons threads, the new modes threads, the private match threads, the infantry threads, actually this game could be called hero front, or maybe heroes unchained.
    DZ and Cargo
    Infantry modes
    vr6d7wnnuz3r.gif
    [+3748 posts]

It IS herofront. And infantryfront. The game is many things, and heroes are one of the biggest draws to bring people in
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member

It IS herofront. And infantryfront. The game is many things, and heroes are one of the biggest draws to bring people in

Heroes will have had four new additions by February. If the game is many things, surely you can agree that other content deserves attention?
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

Heroes will have had four new additions by February. If the game is many things, surely you can agree that other content deserves attention?

Nah, we’re good... three main weapons per class w/mods is fine as is. Amount of cards and equipment has also been more than enough from release. And I feel like I’m drowning in content from the two new maps since launch.

The dam has been obliterated
    [+3748 posts]

Certainly, new maps are sorely needed for all game modes, and reinforcements would be great. I don't get the level of hype over new weapons, but that'd be cool too. But we can get those and new heroes at the same time
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member

I don't get the level of hype over new weapons, but that'd be cool too.

"Business is business. You use a lightsaber, I use a blaster. What's the difference?"
    rjlkzrq398t8.gif

But we can get those and new heroes at the same time

Can we really though? Look if they truly start firing on all cylinders in 2019 and the content machine gets rolling, then fine. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, heroes weapons maps whatever. But I have nearly zero faith that will be the case, didn't they say they were busting the dam with the 2018 content? Sure was underwhelming. I'm making my assumption/request based on the rate of content from the previous year. If it's going to be Ahsoka and Padme, and whatever villains they are paired with, that's another four heroes, and that probably means it will be the majority of content for that year. Is that really fair to infantry players or people who experience the game outside heroes?

No, it's not. Content needs to be rounded out, this game is slowly becoming herofront, with things like infantry-play becoming nothing more than a gimmick.
    [+3748 posts]
  • No to Padmé. Please no. Pretty please with sugar on top.
  • I think it's a definite both Ashoka and Padme are coming to the game.

Asajj Ventress would be a great rival to Ahsoka.

Jango Fett as a rival to Padme? I'm not so sure about this one. I get why they would do it since he was in Attack of the Clones, but he had no actual contact with Padme. This depends a lot on their future plans, but I think Mace Windu is a much better fit opposite Jango Fett.

So who do I think should replace Jango opposite Padme? Aurra Sing.

DICE has said this will be the year of female heroes or something like that. Aurra Sing actually attempted to assassinate Padme in person, and was part of Cad Bane's crew when he kidnapped the Senators in Season 1. She also has a cameo in Episode 1 and was mentioned in Solo when Lando thanked Beckett for killing her. lol

Aurra Sing is also a sniper. As such, she brings a very different type of hero to the game than the other blaster heroes. Jango would be our second Mandalorian armored dark side hero. Anyone looking forward to chasing Jango and Boba down in Heroes vs Villains? lol!!!
  • If new characters are to come in, they should only be sourced from the movies. Many people wouldn't know who the heck those from the cartoons you are talking about are, and as such, the excitement/care factor would be very close to zero for them.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • If new characters are to come in, they should only be sourced from the movies. Many people wouldn't know who the heck those from the cartoons you are talking about are, and as such, the excitement/care factor would be very close to zero for them.

Cartoons vs Movies isn't really a factor. There's a lot of movie characters that don't register with general gamers either. Those same people will see Jango Fett and wonder if that's Boba Fett in new armor lol. Aurra Sing was in Episode 1 standing there just like Bossk and Dengar in Empire Strikes Back. Most gamers wouldn't know who either of them are lol.

What matters most to gamers is actual gameplay. Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress bring a very unique dual lightsaber combat to the game. Ahsoka adds the element of a reverse grip stance too. Aurra Sing brings a sniper style.

Ahsoka Tano will be huge for the game. She has a massive fan following.
  • Padme:
    x5fzdv5taqlz.jpeg

Ahsuck:
    wxivi7khg862.jpeg

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    I never thought the “she has voice lines’ held much weight, in terms of her being added to the game.

Kenobi has a voice line about Windu, & there’s no plans to add Mace to the game.
    I didn’t realize this thread got dug up
    Anyway that is a banter line, these were datamined hero intros not meant to be in the files.
    -
    For those concerned about content; the weapon, map, and mode threads usually get buried under the “I hate this thing” threads. Keep them active if you want it instead of ranting about what you personally don’t want. Herofront. So dramatic
    I think it's a definite both Ashoka and Padme are coming to the game.

Asajj Ventress would be a great rival to Ahsoka.

Jango Fett as a rival to Padme? I'm not so sure about this one. I get why they would do it since he was in Attack of the Clones, but he had no actual contact with Padme. This depends a lot on their future plans, but I think Mace Windu is a much better fit opposite Jango Fett.

So who do I think should replace Jango opposite Padme? Aurra Sing.

DICE has said this will be the year of female heroes or something like that. Aurra Sing actually attempted to assassinate Padme in person, and was part of Cad Bane's crew when he kidnapped the Senators in Season 1. She also has a cameo in Episode 1 and was mentioned in Solo when Lando thanked Beckett for killing her. lol

Aurra Sing is also a sniper. As such, she brings a very different type of hero to the game than the other blaster heroes. Jango would be our second Mandalorian armored dark side hero. Anyone looking forward to chasing Jango and Boba down in Heroes vs Villains? lol!!!
    I agree that she would be a superior choice to Jango. She would offer no chance of repetition, some limelight on a background character, and an interesting new play style which are things I can get behind. Jango would really end up being just too much boba. I just hope she’d require more skill than secondary fire Leia as far as sniping goes. I want satisfaction for hitting that crossmap kill shot.
  • AdnamaAviv
    84 posts Member
    edited January 8
    @WildSpace .... I agree that ‘Jango Fett’ isn’t a good matchup for ‘Padme Amidala’ but also ‘Aura Sing’ doesn’t do much even in the “Clone Wars Series”. Though I do see a possibility for her to be matched with ‘Padme’. Interesting enough is that ‘Aura Sing’ is actually 1 of a small handful of Female Bounty Hunters.

Though to be honest I actually don’t care which other character they matchup with ‘Padme Amidala’ all I care about is getting ‘Padme’. Any other character is easy for me to beat.
  • Jango and Padme coming in 2019 as well as Jyn Erso and Director Krennic. These have been leaked since launch, I don't see why any of this comes as a surprise.

Absolutely though, Padme should be replaced with Mace Windu, That's a hero I can actually get excited to play. Not yet another human with made up powers or a few not so recycled gadgets, totally disinteresting. Ashoka and Ventress are totally cool picks as well. Grievous's hidden voice line definitely has my attention there.

This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AdnamaAviv wrote: »
    @WildSpace .... I agree that ‘Jango Fett’ isn’t a good matchup for ‘Padme Amidala’ but also ‘Aura Sing’ doesn’t do much even in the “Clone Wars Series”. Though I do see a possibility for her to be matched with ‘Padme’. Interesting enough is that ‘Aura Sing’ is actually 1 of a small handful of Female Bounty Hunters.

Though to be honest I actually don’t care which other character they matchup with ‘Padme Amidala’ all I care about is getting ‘Padme’. Any other character is easy for me to beat.

Aurra Sing was in a few episodes. She helped Boba and Bossk try to take out Mace Windu in Season 2. There were two other female bounty hunters in Clone Wars...Lats Razzi and Sugi.

Clone Wars actually gave Bossk and Dengar some real action. Between Clone Wars and the movies, Aurra Sing has as much air time as those two.
  • No more lightsaber hero's until we get get some decent blaster hero's