criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Fixing bugs & exploits should be priority over content change my mind

I don't care how much content you put in the game but, I for one can't enjoy the new content when the same bugs that the community has asked you to fixed remain broken.
-darth maul saber throw
-pushes not working
- idens droid card being bugged & allowing her stun to come back in 6 seconds
- vaders fueling the rage card deactivating after 1 hit
- bobas for the hunt card gives him the same out of time instead of 6 additional seconds
- vaders choke being broken
- getting stuck on terrain
- kylo's frenzy
- chewie ignoring force powers when using charge
- han ignoring force powers when using shoulder charge
- han shoulder charge kills are delayed when not charged up
- block not working
- block not working again
- lightsaber hits not registering
- lightsaber users being able to auto adjust to your location just by spamming
- repulse not working
- pull not pulling
- being able to hit respawn while in combat denying someone the kill in HvV
- stun animation lasting forever
- darth maul choke throwing people straight into the air instead of forward
- kenobi's restrictive mind trick not restrictive abilities
- my favorite blocking while laying on the ground
- my other favorite shooting while laying on the ground
- blocking while not even looking at your opponent

No matter how much content you put into the game it'll go back to when will dice fix these *expletive* bugs!

Replies

• TjPunx
    1599 posts Member
    Um..........no
  • For the Hunt Card is just trash, not bugged. It just highlights enemies longer. Never intended to actually let boba fly Longer. I wasted quite a few crafting parts on it back in the day.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Why somebody should change your mind? Both is equally important.
    Bugs should not exist, at least not to many and new content is clearly needed.
  • Oidmetala wrote: »
    Why somebody should change your mind? Both is equally important.

They don't actually have to change my mind it's just title that's been overused & I decided to continue that trend
  • I remember one patch they made, around autumn/end of summer where it was only bug fixing. Guess what ? half if not more of the bugs announced fixed were not actually.
  • Oidmetala wrote: »
    Why somebody should change your mind? Both is equally important.

Yes. This. It's equally important. Bugs should be fixed ASAP (at least game breaking bugs), but if they don't release new content (IMO especially maps) the game becomes boring. For example I really love SA as a mode but haven't played it in two or three months now, because I'm just tired of the same six maps over and over again. Each update should try to fix as many major bugs as possible, while also adding more content like maps or weapons etc.
  • this game will forever be trash until they actually fix the issues that plague it so I agree.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • At least fix heroes abilities where they actually work, Luke would be a good start.
  • Wish BF2 had open source, I would try to fix patch 1.1 (before dodge/roll nerf) bugs and use that iteration of the game.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • thorzhammers
    467 posts Member
    edited January 7
    This is still my favorite game.

The bugs are very tiresome though, sadly I just adjust my game play now and try not to use bugged abilities like Darth Maul s throw and Vader choke. But it shouldn't be this way. Not being able to effectively use Vader's choke is just Star Wars blasphemy.
    I used to always use Last Gasp and Punishing Grip but it's just a wasted card slot now, it's a major bummer.

Do you remember the Vader choke in the beginning when people could shake your screen.... Well yesterday I experienced this phenomenon when Luke force pushed me... I feel like the bugs are spreading :#

• This is still my favorite game.

The bugs are very tiresome though, sadly I just adjust my game play now and try not to use bugged abilities like Darth Maul s throw and Vader choke. But it shouldn't be this way. Not being able to effectively use Vader's choke is just Star Wars blasphemy.
    I used to always use Last Gasp and Punishing Grip but it's just a wasted card slot now, it's a major bummer.

Do you remember the Vader choke in the beginning when people could shake your screen.... Well yesterday I experienced this phenomenon when Luke force pushed me... I feel like the bugs are spreading :#
    Screen shake now happens with just about every ability that can send you flying. It’s extremely frustrating and dizzying, and sometimes makes it so you can’t tell if you’re getting thrown off the map or not.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Yep, this is why I'm not as excited for Dooku as I should, knowing what new bugs will be added while the ones you named go unresolved.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »

Screen shake now happens with just about every ability that can send you flying. It’s extremely frustrating and dizzying, and sometimes makes it so you can’t tell if you’re getting thrown off the map or not.

It even happens with characters themselves now lol. You detonite someone and try to take benefit of the fall to shoot at the prey only to see them fall like dead leaves.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 8
    None of our concerns are relevant. The devs or mods or the community as a whole mean nothing compared to the power of executives who have the final say in everything. They really dont care what anyone has to say. As long as profits are made, your (Im not even playing this game anymore) words mean literally zero. As long as impulsive kids run to buy the next eye candy but bugged to oblivion game, your concerns mean nil, nothing, nada
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 8
    unit900000 wrote: »
    these SW games will forever be trash until they actually fix the issues that plague it the current C level execs are replaced so I agree.

Yes exactly what I had to say. Less forced time frame on development and more resources on development is what needs to happen
  • WoodydaCuakB
    1033 posts Member
    edited January 8
    what's wrong with Vader's choke and Kylos Frenzy?
    I haven't played with Vader in a while but his choke was fine, except is annoying you become kind of vulnerable

Kylo's frenzy seems fine if locked on correctly and target doesn't dodge away or block.

+1 on:
    - Maul saber throw, I never seem to hit anything, ever.
    - Grievous Thrust Surge when he misses and just spins in mid air, looks cool though :smile: -
    - Griev Claw Rush knocks you down even if you are 20 meters in mid air
    - Yeah blocking
  • I seriously support this big time. Fore push is so broken. Today I played it was useless. twice I had people point blank. and nothing happened.
  • what's wrong with Vader's choke and Kylos Frenzy?
    I haven't played with Vader in a while but his choke was fine, except is annoying you become kind of vulnerable

Kylo's frenzy seems fine if locked on correctly and target doesn't dodge away or block.

+1 on:
    - Grievous Thrust Surge when he misses and just spins in mid air, looks cool though :smile: -
    - Yeah blocking

Vader can no longer drag & drop enemies or bunch them together. Kylo frenzy will hit nothing but air
  • lerodemmy wrote: »

I didn't know that, that's not good news.
    The bugs are really getting tougher to ignore. Darth Maul is down to one non bugged ability his spin attack (as far as I know anyway) his throw is completely fubar now, sending opponents straight up in the air or sideways not exactly effective.

I wonder how Dooku will be, my expectations are really low... I'm hoping for two out of three abilities not to be bugged fingers crossed. This is sad.

• I seriously support this big time. Fore push is so broken. Today I played it was useless. twice I had people point blank. and nothing happened.

In GA I jumped in front of a group of five troopers hit them with force push dead to rights with both epic boosted push cards, it was if I just waived my hand like an emote and said melt me with blasters... It did nothing, I was dead in seconds, super annoying. Moreover with Luke Everytime I change game modes Luke's cards disappear.
  • Hunters_94
    41 posts Member
    edited January 8
    Adding more contents right now means only adding more bugs to the older ones. Asking for new contents only also means they’ll not focus about bugs enough. IMO playing a perfectly working game comes first of anything. Then we can talk about new contents
  • Chico
    449 posts Member

+1 on:
    - Yeah blocking

Vader can no longer drag & drop enemies or bunch them together. Kylo frenzy will hit nothing but air

Kylo's frenzy hitting nothing but air happens to me around 90% of the time. But for some reason I get killed with it a fair bit. I assumed there was a trick to it that I just don't know, like the ability to lock on a target first. Then, at the weekend, I got killed by a Kylo frenzy when I snuck up being the whole DS team as Obi. RMT first, then attacked Palps, who was closest. All of a sudden Kylo, who still had his back to me, jumps backwards and frenzies me, I didn't even kill Palps before I died. No way did the guy playing Kylo even know I was there, so I assume he had been trying to Frenzy someone in front of him, so nothing to do with locking on. And not to mention it completely ignored the RMT I had done on them all first. HvV in particular is a mess.
  • Luke and yoda ghost rushes
  • Maps for Extraction
    There isn't any bugs with any Hero or Villains in that mode
    Just good old trooper battles and not enough maps for the mode

• Literally all of the bugs are around heroes and their abilities. Cmon DICE an entire mode suffers because of this (HvV).
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• I don't care how much content you put in the game but, I for one can't enjoy the new content when the same bugs that the community has asked you to fixed remain broken.
    -darth maul saber throw
    -pushes not working
    - bobas for the hunt card gives him the same out of time instead of 6 additional seconds
    - kylo's frenzy
    - block not working
    - repulse not working
    - pull not pulling

No matter how much content you put into the game it'll go back to when will dice fix these *expletive* bugs!

you speak many about hero, i am agree with you but have so many problems with the infantry we too
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    I don't care how much content you put in the game but, I for one can't enjoy the new content when the same bugs that the community has asked you to fixed remain broken.
    -darth maul saber throw
    -pushes not working
    - kylo's frenzy
    - block not working
    - repulse not working
    - pull not pulling

you speak many about hero, i am agree with you but have so many problems with the infantry we too

Forgot about them.

Scan dart not revealing enemies
    Infiltration not revealing enemies
    Ion Disruptor is bugged in more way than one
    Being able to do 2 melee hits in 1 strike
    Delayed explosion kills
    Vanguard sometimes doesn't 1 hit kill heavies even though it was a headshot

Just a few off the top of my head
    -darth maul saber throw
    -pushes not working
    - kylo's frenzy
    - block not working
    - repulse not working
    - pull not pulling

Forgot about them.

Delayed explosion kills

The last one isn't a bug really. If you headshot someone with Vanguard you're lucky if it kills them.
    -darth maul saber throw
    -pushes not working
    - kylo's frenzy
    - block not working
    - repulse not working
    - pull not pulling

Forgot about them.

Delayed explosion kills

The last one isn't a bug really. If you headshot someone with Vanguard you're lucky if it kills them.

Sounds like a bug to me. I go for nothing but body shots up close for that reason.
  • The reason is the spread of Vanguard that has been insanely increased since the nerf. You get the hitmarker of HS but you have actually missed most of the bolts. There is also no damage multiplier for Vanguard. So yes, just go for the body that's how you use this ability, it's not like Infiltration.
  • Chico wrote: »

+1 on:
    - Yeah blocking

Kylo's frenzy hitting nothing but air happens to me around 90% of the time. But for some reason I get killed with it a fair bit. I assumed there was a trick to it that I just don't know, like the ability to lock on a target first. Then, at the weekend, I got killed by a Kylo frenzy when I snuck up being the whole DS team as Obi. RMT first, then attacked Palps, who was closest. All of a sudden Kylo, who still had his back to me, jumps backwards and frenzies me, I didn't even kill Palps before I died. No way did the guy playing Kylo even know I was there, so I assume he had been trying to Frenzy someone in front of him, so nothing to do with locking on. And not to mention it completely ignored the RMT I had done on them all first. HvV in particular is a mess.

Whenever I play Kylo, I'm about 1 for 8 on Frenzying the actual target that I wanted to. For some joke of a reason, the thing seems to lock onto anyone Except the target I want. I have Both run past someone to Frenzy my target but it will jump backwards to frenzy the guy I just passed, AND I have jumped in front of my target, hit frenzy, and watched in horror as Kylo leaps past to target some other dude 5 meters away. ?????????
  • The reason is the spread of Vanguard that has been insanely increased since the nerf. You get the hitmarker of HS but you have actually missed most of the bolts. There is also no damage multiplier for Vanguard. So yes, just go for the body that's how you use this ability, it's not like Infiltration.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh okay. You sir get a insightful lol
  • Lets get new maps as they arrive with less bugs and exploits than a new hero. At least the maps will be something new other than the same old tired maps we have been stuck with and a hero with the same abilities but just tweaked a slightly to make the abilities and the hero "new". New maps have less problems than new heroes and new maps will generate less complaint/buff/nerf threads than the release of yet another "hero" which is sure to be broken or unbalanced on release if you ask any HvV player. What good is a a new hero on the same old moldy maps? Gets old quick.
    I have not played this game is close to a month and have no desire to play it any longer in it's current state. My large decrease in time spent with this game is not because of broken hero/trooper abilities or the very few but long time map exploits still in this game. My time spent with this game is on the decline because it is mostly the same maps we have had for over a year.
    At least the chickens are working as intended and we will be sure to get a quadruple point event weekend in JPC and EH in February. Lets not forget the much requested emote wheel which is sure to impact game play unlike bug fixes, new maps or new blasters/weapons. This game is eventually just going to be the Conquest like mode that is playable as I doubt this game has the player population to support Conquest, GA, HvV and other modes unlike SWBF 15 which had the popularity to support various large and small modes even with paid DLC's. This is Battlefubar II.
    #StarWars-y
  • Chico wrote: »

+1 on:
    - Yeah blocking

While Frenzy constantly misses the target, Grievous thrust surge can go through walls, or crazy bend around corners...
  • anidriX
    1156 posts Member
    Yes and No

While it's very important to have bugs fixed, ultimately, it's content that keeps new players coming/old players staying. For this reason, Dev teams should always be split in two. One that focuses strictly on bug fixing and the other on developing new content. This accounts for more regular updates for both aspect and (should) keep everyone happy. This should be the case for all games.

As for Battlefront 2 specifically, judging by the update frequence plus the amount of bugs currently in the game, it's pretty clear we are dealing with a quite small dev team. This means they have no choice but to handle both stuff simultaneously while also having a 'priority list' with all bugs that need fixing. Being that said, they took TWO WEEKS to disable the squad spawn bonus to deal with such a game breaking exploit so there's that...