criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Thoughts again on Imperial skins

Prev13
IMPERIAL ASSAULT:
  • Stormtrooper Corporal: black pauldron, Common/5k - available at Assault level 10
    2.jpg
  • Navy Trooper: black uniform, domed helmet, Uncommon/10k credits - available at Assault level 20
    imperial-naval-trooper-new-1.jpg
  • Stormtrooper Sergeant: white pauldron on right shoulder, Uncommon/10k - available at Assault level 30
    1d973977b1e36cee69abfd467d6a90a5e8ffe2e0_hq.jpg
  • Stormtrooper Captain: orange pauldron on right shoulder, Rare/20k - available at Assault level 50
    Unidentified_stormtrooper_captain_Lothal.png
  • Stormtrooper Commander: red pauldron on right shoulder, Rare/20k credits - available at Assault level 70
    stormtrooper_commander__red_pauldron__with_dlt_19_by_luca9108-dao8g7w.png

Replies

  • IMPERIAL SPECIALIST:
    • Stormtrooper Sniper: ST armor, maybe with a gray-blue pauldron, Common/5k - available at Specialist level 10
      latest?cb=20110422151053
      latest?cb=20110422151053
      Stormtrooper_Sniper.png
      Stormie_sniper.jpg
    • Army Sniper: olive-drab uniform / field armor / helmet with black goggles, Rare/20k - available at Specialist level 20
      By4awWLCIAAP04G.jpg
      Hot-Toys-Solo-Han-Solo-Mudtrooper-collectible-figure-6.jpg
    • Sniper Scout: scout armor with faint gray mottling, Rare/20k - available at Specialist level 40
      633af9ebe8a6e0ef55a7d7078ac589d5.jpg
      071c8dacd8a4d52889743874480f1370.jpg
    • Stormtrooper Sniper (poncho): regular Stormtrooper wearing a poncho, Epic/40k - available at Specialist level 60
    • Storm Commando: matte-black Imperial Scout armor, Epic/40k - available at Specialist level 70
      imperial-storm-commando-gentle-giant-00.jpg
      imperial-storm-commando-gentle-giant-00.jpg
  • Always in agreement with your skin threads. All of these would be very welcome.
    What about these?
    Magma Trooper
    w55s07re1cch.png
    Vader’s Guard a.k.a. Lava Trooper
    e67pmckbiy2e.jpeg
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited January 8
    Skin for the Imperial heavy or assault. Inquisitor trooper. They are technically clone troopers but only ever fought for the empire so they would be a cool skin.

    Wouldn't be that hard of a skin to make since its mostly just black colored mismatched clone armor.

    latest?cb=20180510175309
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    Always in agreement with your skin threads. All of these would be very welcome.
    What about these?
    Magma Trooper
    w55s07re1cch.png
    Vader’s Guard a.k.a. Lava Trooper
    e67pmckbiy2e.jpeg

    I would put the Magma trooper as the base skin on any lava planet they add and then make the Lava trooper a higher quality one.

    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • JMaster
    2172 posts Member
    Lovely. I like that you separated each as different posts, they'd all be excellent. I know that they've technically been replaced by the Death Troopers, but I'd love a Shadow Trooper back as a high-level Assault skin.
    iemu2sdooafo.png
    That or a reinforcement, any way to get 'em back in!
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited January 8
    JMaster wrote: »
    Lovely. I like that you separated each as different posts, they'd all be excellent. I know that they've technically been replaced by the Death Troopers, but I'd love a Shadow Trooper back as a high-level Assault skin.
    That or a reinforcement, any way to get 'em back in!

    Dennis Already said no Shadow troopers. I am guessing because of their questionable canon status. They only appeared in Battlefront 2015 and the Konami card game. Unless they appear in the comics or TV show as well I don't think we will see them as a skin.

    Go convince one of the comic book writers to put them in a book and then we might get a skin.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    986 posts Member
    edited January 8
    Great post, a good work.

    @Forge listen this guy

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • Another good jet trooper skin would be the SpaceTrooperta4d1rrohx5s.jpg
  • The Stormtrooper commander would make a good skin z81ggi6b9khf.jpg
  • Patrol Stormtrooper skin for the specialist as well itg48f25giiw.jpeg
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    Always in agreement with your skin threads.
    Thank you!
    WildSpace wrote: »
    What about these?
    Magma Trooper
    w55s07re1cch.png
    Vader’s Guard a.k.a. Lava Trooper
    e67pmckbiy2e.jpeg
    Nice. The magma guard I'd say is an environmental-gear skin, for lava planets like Mustafa and Sullust, or maybe in the core reactor areas of capital ships. That said, I wouldn't mind too much if it were a skin for Heavy or something, it's fairly innocuous.

    The Vader's Guard - are they canon? Neat idea. I always wonder what happened to the 501st... them turning into an elite version of the Magma Trooper guarding Vader's castle on Mustafar, well, that makes sense...
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    WildSpace wrote: »
    Always in agreement with your skin threads.
    Thank you!
    WildSpace wrote: »
    What about these?
    Magma Trooper
    w55s07re1cch.png
    Vader’s Guard a.k.a. Lava Trooper
    e67pmckbiy2e.jpeg
    Nice. The magma guard I'd say is an environmental-gear skin, for lava planets like Mustafa and Sullust, or maybe in the core reactor areas of capital ships. That said, I wouldn't mind too much if it were a skin for Heavy or something, it's fairly innocuous.

    The Vader's Guard - are they canon? Neat idea. I always wonder what happened to the 501st... them turning into an elite version of the Magma Trooper guarding Vader's castle on Mustafar, well, that makes sense...

    Canon indeed!
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Cool thread Jack... I do like that stormtroopers don’t stand out from the crowd, but a little more customization is needed. Would love to see the AT-AT driver and black officer uniform.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    WildSpace wrote: »
    Always in agreement with your skin threads.
    Thank you!
    WildSpace wrote: »
    What about these?
    Magma Trooper
    w55s07re1cch.png
    Vader’s Guard a.k.a. Lava Trooper
    e67pmckbiy2e.jpeg
    Nice. The magma guard I'd say is an environmental-gear skin, for lava planets like Mustafa and Sullust, or maybe in the core reactor areas of capital ships. That said, I wouldn't mind too much if it were a skin for Heavy or something, it's fairly innocuous.

    The Vader's Guard - are they canon? Neat idea. I always wonder what happened to the 501st... them turning into an elite version of the Magma Trooper guarding Vader's castle on Mustafar, well, that makes sense...
    Canon indeed!
    Nice! I'd probably still make them environmental, since they're still basically lava troopers. Maybe on Sullust and Mustafar maps, the AT-AT Driver becomes the Lava Trooper...? Or it could be a skin for Imperial Enforcers.

    Or they could be Vader's bodyguards, if we got the Bodyguard system back...
  • Patrol Stormtrooper skin for the specialist as well itg48f25giiw.jpeg
    As I understand it, Patrol Troopers are basically urban police, not soldiers. It'd be kind of like putting a 1917 police officer into Battlefield I, as a class. But I think they are part of the Stormtrooper corps, so... maybe military police? Still not likely to be seen on the Battlefield.

    If I were to put them in, I'd say it would be best as a free, automatic alternate look for Scout Troopers on urban maps. Bespin, Mos Eisley, Theed, Coruscant, etc.
  • Really hope to see at least some of those skins finally being added this year.
  • JackTHorn
    3601 posts Member
    edited January 8
    The Stormtrooper commander would make a good skin z81ggi6b9khf.jpg
    This is the canon Stormtrooper Commander: stormtrooper_commander__red_pauldron__with_dlt_19_by_luca9108-dao8g7w.png

    Stormtrooper Commander: red pauldron on right shoulder, Rare/20k credits - available at Assault level 70
    Post edited by JackTHorn on
  • They definitely need more imperial skins. With the movies and Rebels adding more trooper types, they could load up a lot more than they have.
  • Anyone have any idea what these troopers are supposed to be. They are not listed as anything on the wiki. Their markings are similar to Shock troopers but a little different. They might just be shock troopers but the artist drew them different. The chest coloration goes down farther than shock troopers.

    Their Helmets are also a little different like a combination between phase 2 clones and Storm trooper helmets.

    x9z3xblz4sto.jpg
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Anyone have any idea what these troopers are supposed to be. They are not listed as anything on the wiki. Their markings are similar to Shock troopers but a little different. They might just be shock troopers but the artist drew them different. The chest coloration goes down farther than shock troopers.

    Their Helmets are also a little different like a combination between phase 2 clones and Storm trooper helmets.

    x9z3xblz4sto.jpg

    Maybe a predecessor to the imperial stormtrooper armor, like phase 3 armor of sorts like from the Force Unleashed game
    5bwuqs3bo13g.jpg

    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Anyone have any idea what these troopers are supposed to be. They are not listed as anything on the wiki. Their markings are similar to Shock troopers but a little different. They might just be shock troopers but the artist drew them different. The chest coloration goes down farther than shock troopers.

    Their Helmets are also a little different like a combination between phase 2 clones and Storm trooper helmets.
    x9z3xblz4sto.jpg
    Interesting. Looks like a midpoint between phase-2 Coruscant Guard clones and Imperial Shock Troopers -- a sort of "phase 3" like Empire_TW said...?
  • I fixed the images that weren't working, by the way.
  • I say again... Dice! Listen to this man!
  • Whaddya think about the Shock Trooper -- max level Heavy, or mid-level Enforcer?
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Whaddya think about the Shock Trooper -- max level Heavy, or mid-level Enforcer?
    Max Heavy. I think Death troopers should stay with customization being for their gear. I.e. bandolier, different pauldron, no pauldron, rangefinder etc. I say that just because they are seriously brutish individuals at 6, 7, even 7 feet tall. If they get swapped for smaller troopers it might be hard to tell they are an enforcer
    0ngqlnym3vwj.jpeg
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    986 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Jack, your ideas are cool. But the reality is EA won't accept the assault trooper with a pauldron because it's the basic characteristic to identify heavy stormtrooper in this game.

    IMHO i would remove all troopers with pauldron of your assault class selection. I would put those in heavy class.

    And in the assault class i would put:

    - Navy Trooper (or Death Star trooper)
    - AT-AT Driver
    - Shock Trooper
    - Shadow Trooper
    - Mudtrooper ;-)



    1bfioawlu399.png
  • Jack, your ideas are cool.
    Thank you,

    But the reality is EA won't accept the assault trooper with a pauldron because it's the basic characteristic to identify heavy stormtrooper in this game.
    Nope, you're thinking of the backpack.

    IMHO i would remove all troopers with pauldron of your assault class selection. I would put those in heavy class.

    And in the assault class i would put:

    - Navy Trooper (or Death Star trooper)
    - AT-AT Driver
    - Shock Trooper
    - Shadow Trooper
    - Mudtrooper ;-)
    Navy Trooper - agree
    AT-AT Driver - lol, what about the AT-AT Driver says "fast-moving soldier who pushes the front lines" to you?
    Shock Trooper - Shock Troopers are literally defined as heavy troopers
    Shadow Trooper - the canon version of these guys (Death Troopers) is already in game
    Mud Trooper - environmental gear, it'd be like turning the Snow Trooper into a buyable skin
  • IMHO the AT-AT driver can't be heavy trooper because the drivers normally use short rifles. Same in the real life.

    latest?cb=20160809013720


    1bfioawlu399.png
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    986 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Ok Swamp troopers are specialized in some ambients like swamps. But their armour really hasn't big difference comparing with the Storm troopers or officers with field armour. You see a Snow trooper and you think about snow and cold protection. You see a Swamp trooper and you don't think "swamps".

    We mustn't be so limited. Battlefront 2015 was funny with Shore troopers in the snow of Hoth.
    Being conservative the game could control the some skins with the objective that those can't be used in so specific maps like Hoth.
    But the solution isn't to put the Shore troopers like default skins in Scarif because really the normal stormtroopers are the default trooper in Scarif.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    IMPERIAL AERIAL:
    • Mandalorian Super Commando: white Mandalorian armor with red Imperial markings, Epic/40k - available at Aerial level 25
      Cwl28onXgAEQETX.jpg
    • Dark Trooper: dark grey Reinforced Stormtrooper armor, Epic/40k - available at Aerial level 30
      latest?cb=20140621203738


    IMPERIAL ENFORCER:
    • Shock Trooper: ST armor with heavy red markings, Rare/20k - available at Enforcer level 10 (or Heavy level 70?)
      7fe9c246b210ad6c2d9b27c20fc7a7a3025176f0_hq.jpg
    • Nova Guard: Death Trooper armor with gold pauldron + markings, Rare/20k - available at Enforcer level 15
      54538532437915105.jpg
    • Range Trooper: white Reinforced armor with tank helmet and heavy boots, Epic/40k - available at Enforcer level 20
      latest?cb=20180414151844
    • K-Series Imperial Security Droid: large skeletal Droid with black chassis, Legendary/80k - available at Enforcer level 30
      220px-Alan_Tudyk_as_K-2SO-Rogue_One_%282016%29.jpg

    Nova Guard, Shock Trooper and Tank Trooper Skins are the Best.
  • Ok Swamp troopers are specialized in some ambients like swamps. But their armour really hasn't big difference comparing with the Stormtroopers or officers with field armour.
    From the canon material:
    "Due to the often hazardous nature of the various worlds the Empire found itself subjugating, Swamp Troopers wore special gear for eye protection and to filter out potentially deadly substances."

    You see a Snow trooper and you think about snow and cold protection. You see a Swamp trooper and you don't think "swamps".
    You don't, maybe. I most definitely do. A Swamp Trooper not in a swamp / mud map would look just as goofy and out-of-place as a Snowtrooper not in the snow, or a Shore Trooper not on the shore.

    We mustn't be so limited. Battlefront 2015 was funny with Shore troopers in the snow of Hoth.
    We must absolutely be do limited. If I want to play a game with "funny" in it, I'll play Mario Mushroom Chuckle-And-Smash or whatever the teens are into now. When I play a Star Wars game, I want it to at least give the impression that it takes Star Wars seriously.

    the solution isn't to put the Shore troopers like default skins in Scarif because really the normal stormtroopers are the default trooper in Scarif.
    Sure, but that's irrelevant. Basic Stormtroopers are Stormtroopers, but the Corporal, Sergeants, and Captains would all be Shoretroopers. Like this:

    Here's how it should be:
    • The basic Stormtrooper (Assault class)
    • ...on Scarif, stays the same
    • The Heavy Stormtrooper (Heavy class)
    • ...on Scarif, stays the same
    • The Stormtrooper Corporal (Assault class, black pauldron)
    • ...on Scarif, becomes the Shoretrooper
    • The Stormtrooper Sergeant (Assault class, white pauldron)
    • ...on Scarif, becomes the Shoretrooper Squad Leader
    • The Stormtrooper Captain (Assault class, orange pauldron)
    • ...on Scarif, becomes the Shoretrooper Captain

    IMHO the AT-AT driver can't be heavy trooper because the drivers normally use short rifles. Same in the real life.
    Once again from the canon description:
    "Pulling the strongest Imperial soldiers to become the next generation of AT-AT pilots, many considered themselves nearly unbeatable. "

    Tough and hardy, sounds good for Heavy Troopers to me.

    Also:
    "Along with sporting a reinforced helmet and life-support pack on their chest, AT-AT pilots also had a standard blaster pistol, thermal detonators and grenades for potential ground-based encounters."

    So they carried pistols. If we're going by blaster type alone, AT-AT pilots would (like most pilots) be Officers.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    986 posts Member
    edited January 11
    The same happen with the Wet-weather gear stormtrooper.
    The differences are ridiculous...

    20180409120357.jpg

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • Where we put the AT-ATC driver?
    gib6akboc79z.png

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • Where we put the AT-ATC driver?
    gib6akboc79z.png
    Ooh, neat. Hadn't seen him before! I don't know anything about them... I tend to put Drivers in the Heavy class, but I'm starting to wonder if the Officer class might be better.

    I did just learn that there are two classes of tank troopers, the Pilot and the Commander. I'd say two levels of Heavy, for them. Definitely well-armored and good for Heavy.
  • Love skins. Wish we could get all these in a single patch. However i dislike how the player has to unlock these at certain levels.
  • TastyNoob wrote: »
    Love skins. Wish we could get all these in a single patch. However i dislike how the player has to unlock these at certain levels.
    That's one of the best parts, IMO.

    First, it keeps the more rare skins from flooding the game ("Why are there no Stormtroopers any more??").

    And second, it gives you a sense of rank and accomplishment -- if you want the awesome, super rare, elite skins, then you'd better be an awesome elite player, or at least a player who has spent a lot of time and effort on the game.

    When I see a Storm Commando, or an ARC Trooper, I want to know that player is a really skilled high-ranking player, or at least someone who spent a lot of time playing the game... not just some noob who bought the game and thought the all-black dude looked cool.
  • I would love to see them add in some Imperial skins like these.
  • I agree with all skins, and I'm also in favor of providing non-canon skins as well. This game is not canon, it's so obvious it hurts.

    Here's my main belief: if a skin looks cool, it belongs in the game

    Restricting creativity and the amount of content in a game for the sake of "lore" is just silly because it's a multiplayer shooter.

    I constantly see the lore vs gameplay argument in every franchise I love and it's infuriating.

    Can you imagine how much less fun Goldeneye 007 would have been if they excluded big head mode and paintball mode because it's not "lore"?

    How about removing the Birthday Party or High Voltage armor effects from Halo Reach because a few ppl didn't like them, while the large majority of players either didn't care or loved them?

    Truth is that developers LOVE when people use the excuse of lore and canon because it means they have to do less work and can be lazy.


    I say bring on the Pink Darth Vaders, put a bow tie in Chewy's hair, heck, lets throw in a paint ball mode and big head mode while we're at it too!

    Games are supposed to be one thing: fun.
    Excluding skins and other content for dumb reasons is not fun.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    TastyNoob wrote: »
    Love skins. Wish we could get all these in a single patch. However i dislike how the player has to unlock these at certain levels.
    That's one of the best parts, IMO.

    First, it keeps the more rare skins from flooding the game ("Why are there no Stormtroopers any more??").

    And second, it gives you a sense of rank and accomplishment -- if you want the awesome, super rare, elite skins, then you'd better be an awesome elite player, or at least a player who has spent a lot of time and effort on the game.

    When I see a Storm Commando, or an ARC Trooper, I want to know that player is a really skilled high-ranking player, or at least someone who spent a lot of time playing the game... not just some noob who bought the game and thought the all-black dude looked cool.

    Exactly.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • I agree with all skins, and I'm also in favor of providing non-canon skins as well.

    Here's my main belief: if a skin looks cool, it belongs in the game.
    I can both agree and disagree with this.

    First of all, more content is generally good.

    But what looks "cool" to one person looks terrible to another. I've seen posts asking for Batman and Spider-Man clone armor, Hello Kitty Stormtroopers, Barbie-themed Rebels, Legend of Zelda Rebels, Power Rangers Clones.

    That all sounds terrible to me, and would push me out of playing the game at all. Most of the people I know who play would stop playing too.

    This is why the concept of "canon" exists -- it's the minimum we can all agree on as being Star Wars.

    This game is not canon, it's so obvious it hurts.
    They are actually quite carefully accurate, for the most part. Disney demands that they are. The only real exception to this is the cross-era heroes, and the only problem with that is that it spread out of the Hero modes and into the Assault modes.

    Restricting creativity and the amount of content in a game for the sake of "lore" is just silly because it's a multiplayer shooter.
    Why does the fact that a game is a Multiplayer shooter somehow meanits okay for it to look lame and ridiculous? I keep seeing people use that argument, but I don't see it having any weight.

    I say bring on the Pink Darth Vaders, put a bow tie in Chewy's hair, heck, lets throw in a paint ball mode and big head mode while we're at it too!
    I'd very much rather not ever see any of those skins, but if enough people wanted them, I guess I wouldn't mind too terribly much as long as they were restricted to dream matches and fantasy modes like HvV.

    Games are supposed to be one thing: fun.
    Excluding skins and other content for dumb reasons is not fun.
    What creates fun for one person can kill fun for another, or for dozens of others. I had to stop playing GA entirely, since between the cross-era heroes and the hero spam in general I stopped being able to enjoy it. Many players would give up on the game entirely if it lost what little sense of authenticity it has. I know I would.

    Can you imagine how much less fun Goldeneye 007 would have been if they excluded big head mode and paintball mode because it's not "lore"?

    How about removing the Birthday Party or High Voltage armor effects from Halo Reach because a few ppl didn't like them, while the large majority of players either didn't care or loved them?
    Never played those, don't know anything about them. But it sounds like those two modes you're talking about are dream matches and fantasy modes, so I wouldn't mind them being added if people wanted them. As long as they didn't spread into the Assault Modes, which are meant to be more immersive and authentic.
  • UrbanGlitch
    2824 posts Member
    edited February 1

    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I agree with all skins, and I'm also in favor of providing non-canon skins as well.

    Here's my main belief: if a skin looks cool, it belongs in the game.
    I can both agree and disagree with this.

    First of all, more content is generally good.

    But what looks "cool" to one person looks terrible to another. I've seen posts asking for Batman and Spider-Man clone armor, Hello Kitty Stormtroopers, Barbie-themed Rebels, Legend of Zelda Rebels, Power Rangers Clones.

    That all sounds terrible to me, and would push me out of playing the game at all. Most of the people I know who play would stop playing too.

    This is why the concept of "canon" exists -- it's the minimum we can all agree on as being Star Wars.

    This game is not canon, it's so obvious it hurts.
    They are actually quite carefully accurate, for the most part. Disney demands that they are. The only real exception to this is the cross-era heroes, and the only problem with that is that it spread out of the Hero modes and into the Assault modes.

    Restricting creativity and the amount of content in a game for the sake of "lore" is just silly because it's a multiplayer shooter.
    Why does the fact that a game is a Multiplayer shooter somehow meanits okay for it to look lame and ridiculous? I keep seeing people use that argument, but I don't see it having any weight.

    I say bring on the Pink Darth Vaders, put a bow tie in Chewy's hair, heck, lets throw in a paint ball mode and big head mode while we're at it too!
    I'd very much rather not ever see any of those skins, but if enough people wanted them, I guess I wouldn't mind too terribly much as long as they were restricted to dream matches and fantasy modes like HvV.

    Games are supposed to be one thing: fun.
    Excluding skins and other content for dumb reasons is not fun.
    What creates fun for one person can kill fun for another, or for dozens of others. I had to stop playing GA entirely, since between the cross-era heroes and the hero spam in general I stopped being able to enjoy it. Many players would give up on the game entirely if it lost what little sense of authenticity it has. I know I would.

    Can you imagine how much less fun Goldeneye 007 would have been if they excluded big head mode and paintball mode because it's not "lore"?

    How about removing the Birthday Party or High Voltage armor effects from Halo Reach because a few ppl didn't like them, while the large majority of players either didn't care or loved them?
    Never played those, don't know anything about them. But it sounds like those two modes you're talking about are dream matches and fantasy modes, so I wouldn't mind them being added if people wanted them. As long as they didn't spread into the Assault Modes, which are meant to be more immersive and authentic.

    With Halo Reach and it's armour effects, I hated them, as for the exact same reasons as this game, I want an authentic experience....I wanted to play as a Spartan super-soldier, not some weird body suit with love hearts blowing off of me, it completely ruined the multiplayer for me. So I wouldn't listen to this guy
    For the EMPIRE!
  • superdood92
    398 posts Member
    edited February 2
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I agree with all skins, and I'm also in favor of providing non-canon skins as well.

    Here's my main belief: if a skin looks cool, it belongs in the game.
    I can both agree and disagree with this.

    First of all, more content is generally good.

    But what looks "cool" to one person looks terrible to another. I've seen posts asking for Batman and Spider-Man clone armor, Hello Kitty Stormtroopers, Barbie-themed Rebels, Legend of Zelda Rebels, Power Rangers Clones.

    That all sounds terrible to me, and would push me out of playing the game at all. Most of the people I know who play would stop playing too.

    This is why the concept of "canon" exists -- it's the minimum we can all agree on as being Star Wars.

    This game is not canon, it's so obvious it hurts.
    They are actually quite carefully accurate, for the most part. Disney demands that they are. The only real exception to this is the cross-era heroes, and the only problem with that is that it spread out of the Hero modes and into the Assault modes.

    Restricting creativity and the amount of content in a game for the sake of "lore" is just silly because it's a multiplayer shooter.
    Why does the fact that a game is a Multiplayer shooter somehow meanits okay for it to look lame and ridiculous? I keep seeing people use that argument, but I don't see it having any weight.

    I say bring on the Pink Darth Vaders, put a bow tie in Chewy's hair, heck, lets throw in a paint ball mode and big head mode while we're at it too!
    I'd very much rather not ever see any of those skins, but if enough people wanted them, I guess I wouldn't mind too terribly much as long as they were restricted to dream matches and fantasy modes like HvV.

    Games are supposed to be one thing: fun.
    Excluding skins and other content for dumb reasons is not fun.
    What creates fun for one person can kill fun for another, or for dozens of others. I had to stop playing GA entirely, since between the cross-era heroes and the hero spam in general I stopped being able to enjoy it. Many players would give up on the game entirely if it lost what little sense of authenticity it has. I know I would.

    Can you imagine how much less fun Goldeneye 007 would have been if they excluded big head mode and paintball mode because it's not "lore"?

    How about removing the Birthday Party or High Voltage armor effects from Halo Reach because a few ppl didn't like them, while the large majority of players either didn't care or loved them?
    Never played those, don't know anything about them. But it sounds like those two modes you're talking about are dream matches and fantasy modes, so I wouldn't mind them being added if people wanted them. As long as they didn't spread into the Assault Modes, which are meant to be more immersive and authentic.

    With Halo Reach and it's armour effects, I hated them, as for the exact same reasons as this game, I want an authentic experience....I wanted to play as a Spartan super-soldier, not some weird body suit with love hearts blowing off of me, it completely ruined the multiplayer for me. So I wouldn't listen to this guy

    well good for you you can play as a super soldier now. But guess what else happened? Oh yeah, the entire fall of the franchise and it's main player base.

    still think that implementing gameplay features for the sake of lore is a good idea?

    Halo 4 dying within one year doesn't seem to validate your point very well.

    crazy how people like you boast with pride about being partially responsible for the crappy games we have in our generation.

    ignorance is bliss, I suppose.
    Post edited by superdood92 on

  • I can both agree and disagree with this.

    First of all, more content is generally good.

    But what looks "cool" to one person looks terrible to another. I've seen posts asking for Batman and Spider-Man clone armor, Hello Kitty Stormtroopers, Barbie-themed Rebels, Legend of Zelda Rebels, Power Rangers Clones.

    That all sounds terrible to me, and would push me out of playing the game at all. Most of the people I know who play would stop playing too.

    This is why the concept of "canon" exists -- it's the minimum we can all agree on as being Star Wars.


    You cannot exclude game content simply because "another player might not like it" Simply because you or anyone else doesn't like it, doesn't mean that millions of others wouldn't. Yes, I agree, Hello Kitty, Spider Man, all that is a bit too much, but something a bit edgy or weird not being put in for the sake of "a few people might not like it" is just a non-argument and lazy. Do I like all the skins in Gears of War 4? No. Am I going to quit the game just because I played against someone using a color-blasted Kait skin? No lol I would have to be very childish and immature to do so. If you quit a game because small things like that bother you THAT much, then you ought to rethink why you play games in the first place. Being nit picky about stuff like that is never good, and it's not good to appeal to people like that because then you get games like this that are washed out as all heck for the sake of people who "might not like" the crazy stuff.



    They are actually quite carefully accurate, for the most part. Disney demands that they are. The only real exception to this is the cross-era heroes, and the only problem with that is that it spread out of the Hero modes and into the Assault modes.


    I won't even waste your time listing all the things in this game that are not canon, but if you really look at it under a clear lense, you'll see that this game is so canonically inaccurate it's ridiculous to think that Disney uses that excuse to exclude content from the game. Their stingy attitude toward making more content in the games is not from concerns about the dignity and stature of the franchise, it's about saving money; plain and simple. You cannot fall for all the **** PR they put out as a gesture to justify their actions.


    Why does the fact that a game is a Multiplayer shooter somehow meanits okay for it to look lame and ridiculous? I keep seeing people use that argument, but I don't see it having any weight.


    It has a lot of weight actually. Using the Lore vs Gameplay argument as a way to design games is one of the worst things that has ever happened to gaming. And nobody said anything about making it look lame and ridiculous. You know what does look ridiculous? Having almost all identical soldiers on a battlefield spamming the hell out of anyone they see and using little to no strategy at all to win against the enemy. Yeah, I think that's a bit more ridiculous than having a silly skin.

    If you wanna keep believing that lore should override gameplay than go ahead and give this video a watch (entirely). It basically debunks the entire mindset in every single way and exposes how ridiculous and low-effort the argument is to begin with:




    I'd very much rather not ever see any of those skins, but if enough people wanted them, I guess I wouldn't mind too terribly much as long as they were restricted to dream matches and fantasy modes like HvV.

    I can agree with this too. I'm not saying that I personally want Pink Vader, but I'm well aware that there are tons of people out there that would want him. I'm speaking on behalf of the people who don't always browse the forums and reddit or whatever and could possibly appreciate things like that.



    What creates fun for one person can kill fun for another, or for dozens of others. I had to stop playing GA entirely, since between the cross-era heroes and the hero spam in general I stopped being able to enjoy it. Many players would give up on the game entirely if it lost what little sense of authenticity it has. I know I would.


    This is going to be in every game. It's just up to the developers to decide what is going to be fun for the majority of players while making the obvious sacrifice of other players who will not enjoy it. This is a reality of practically ever form of entertainment: tv shows, movies, games, so forth.

    The biggest problem with this game is that it excludes way to many players with it's design model.
    -good players being rewareded with powerful units and therefore dominating even more.
    -paying a huge amount of credits that took hours to earn on a hero only to barely get the chance to play with him/her
    -having every game mode dominated by players who have played the game more, not necessarily players who have more skill

    the list goes on. HOPEFULLY this large scale game mode that they're hypin' up is a mode thats fun and accessible for everyone, because at the moment, each mode in the game seems to be ran by good players.

    obviously a ranking system in certain modes could fix this, but you and I both know they won't be doing this. I guess this is just what happens when they make an entire game casual.


    Never played those, don't know anything about them. But it sounds like those two modes you're talking about are dream matches and fantasy modes, so I wouldn't mind them being added if people wanted them. As long as they didn't spread into the Assault Modes, which are meant to be more immersive and authentic.

    Obviously something like big head mode or paintball mode would be it's own playlist.

    Also, you need to go play them. Like now. 007 Goldeneye and Halo are two games that are partly why shooting games on consoles are even a thing.

    You may not enjoy them because you're apparently from a different generation, but for people like me, it's clear to see what they have done for the genre, and it pains me to see what shooters have become compared to what they used to be.

    my main point: games main priorities are having fun, but clearly in this age they seem to have lost their identity on what their true purpose is.



    Sad!

    [/quote]

  • Alex64 wrote: »
    It is very easy to customize an imperial trooper, Empire does have a lot of trooper skins, the problem is that empire doesn't receive too much love in this game and i don't know why.

    the empire practically has zero skins. The only difference in the officer skins is the face; that's it.

    no difference helmet or uniform color, no goggle's removed, no different officer rank on the chest, nothin'.


    This game has some of the most lazy customization I've ever seen.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    I agree with all skins, and I'm also in favor of providing non-canon skins as well.

    Here's my main belief: if a skin looks cool, it belongs in the game.
    I can both agree and disagree with this.

    First of all, more content is generally good.

    But what looks "cool" to one person looks terrible to another. I've seen posts asking for Batman and Spider-Man clone armor, Hello Kitty Stormtroopers, Barbie-themed Rebels, Legend of Zelda Rebels, Power Rangers Clones.

    That all sounds terrible to me, and would push me out of playing the game at all. Most of the people I know who play would stop playing too.

    This is why the concept of "canon" exists -- it's the minimum we can all agree on as being Star Wars.

    This game is not canon, it's so obvious it hurts.
    They are actually quite carefully accurate, for the most part. Disney demands that they are. The only real exception to this is the cross-era heroes, and the only problem with that is that it spread out of the Hero modes and into the Assault modes.

    Restricting creativity and the amount of content in a game for the sake of "lore" is just silly because it's a multiplayer shooter.
    Why does the fact that a game is a Multiplayer shooter somehow meanits okay for it to look lame and ridiculous? I keep seeing people use that argument, but I don't see it having any weight.

    I say bring on the Pink Darth Vaders, put a bow tie in Chewy's hair, heck, lets throw in a paint ball mode and big head mode while we're at it too!
    I'd very much rather not ever see any of those skins, but if enough people wanted them, I guess I wouldn't mind too terribly much as long as they were restricted to dream matches and fantasy modes like HvV.

    Games are supposed to be one thing: fun.
    Excluding skins and other content for dumb reasons is not fun.
    What creates fun for one person can kill fun for another, or for dozens of others. I had to stop playing GA entirely, since between the cross-era heroes and the hero spam in general I stopped being able to enjoy it. Many players would give up on the game entirely if it lost what little sense of authenticity it has. I know I would.

    Can you imagine how much less fun Goldeneye 007 would have been if they excluded big head mode and paintball mode because it's not "lore"?

    How about removing the Birthday Party or High Voltage armor effects from Halo Reach because a few ppl didn't like them, while the large majority of players either didn't care or loved them?
    Never played those, don't know anything about them. But it sounds like those two modes you're talking about are dream matches and fantasy modes, so I wouldn't mind them being added if people wanted them. As long as they didn't spread into the Assault Modes, which are meant to be more immersive and authentic.

    With Halo Reach and it's armour effects, I hated them, as for the exact same reasons as this game, I want an authentic experience....I wanted to play as a Spartan super-soldier, not some weird body suit with love hearts blowing off of me, it completely ruined the multiplayer for me. So I wouldn't listen to this guy

    well good for you you can play as a super soldier now. But guess what else happened? Oh yeah, the entire fall of the franchise and it's main player base.

    still think that implementing gameplay features for the sake of lore is a good idea?

    Halo 4 dying within one year doesn't seem to validate your point very well.

    crazy how people like you boast with pride about being partially responsible for the crappy games we have in our generation.

    ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

    Halo 4 died for many completely unrelated issues, the franchise went downhill for MANY. OTHER. ISSUES. Not just 1 very minuscule detail that still, to this day, has had no major effect on how the games were/are made.
    Now lets stick to the topic, shall we?
    For the EMPIRE!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!