criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

Prev13456738
Relmets
2496 posts Member
original.gif

No more heroes after Anakin. Not for a while, at least. Trooper gameplay needs to be revitalized, and content needs to be rounded out. Heroes will have received 4 new additions as of February. At the rate content is being delivered, if the focus for 2019 is another set of heroes then infantry players will have been kicked to the curb AGAIN.
NECESSARY:
- Unlock the faction restriction for all of the default blasters. Cross era weapons are already a thing, there is no point in maintaining a faction correlation only for the defaults. This is an easy way to "add" plenty of blasters without too much effort. Even if they are different only cosmetically it will still create the illusion of more choice.
- NEW weapons, maybe including cross-class weapons as well, (think PDWs in battlefield)
- More trooper equipment/abilities
- More trooper customization (Look around, plenty of threads)
- A true troopers only mode. NO, none of the modes so far are trooper modes so long as they have tiered units (enforcers/aerials). Cargo has potential, but whatever the mode is, the options should be Assault, Heavy, Officer, or Specialist. Nothing else.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ANOTHER THING TO CONSIDER:
How you have fun playing this game is subjective, but there are ways in which the content above is OBJECTIVELY better than a single hero per month. You don't need to race with other players to be the first to use a weapon, trooper ability, or a trooper skin, like you do with a hero (whether farming BP in GA or scrolling across the HvV selection menu). You don't need to hope to be on the right team in the first place either (except for skins). People won't leave games en masse because they weren't quick enough to get to try the new content like they do in HvV.

After trooper content is accounted for the logical next step would be to add maps, but we'll see if the herolords can tolerate not having Ahsoka or Padme or whoever.
tumblr_pfnza1aevg1tlp2zeo1_500.gif
[+3748 posts]

Replies

  • Relmets
    2496 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nah. Bug fixes before troopers after that then yes

    No one is going to get any new content ever again if you want them to fix the game first

    New content just add in more bugs that water down the gameplay.

    You're right. The Count and Anakin must NOT be added until we sort this game out.
    Maybe if the infantry combat in this game was half decent buddy
    cjnwi9lrpvld.gif

    Delet
    giphy.gif
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nah. Bug fixes before troopers after that then yes

    No one is going to get any new content ever again if you want them to fix the game first

    New content just add in more bugs that water down the gameplay.

    You're right. The Count and Anakin must NOT be added until we sort this game out.
    Maybe if the infantry combat in this game was half decent buddy
    cjnwi9lrpvld.gif

    Delet
    giphy.gif

    I would be fine with anakin & dooku not coming right away. This will give them time to be polished & not the bugged mess obi & Mr. Cough was
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nah. Bug fixes before troopers after that then yes

    No one is going to get any new content ever again if you want them to fix the game first

    New content just add in more bugs that water down the gameplay.

    You're right. The Count and Anakin must NOT be added until we sort this game out.
    Maybe if the infantry combat in this game was half decent buddy
    cjnwi9lrpvld.gif

    Delet
    giphy.gif

    I would be fine with anakin & dooku not coming right away. This will give them time to be polished & not the bugged mess obi & Mr. Cough was

    As someone that’s been hoping for and now really looking forward to Dooku coming, probably as much as you with Anakin..I agree with this 100%.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Relmets
    2496 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nah. Bug fixes before troopers after that then yes

    No one is going to get any new content ever again if you want them to fix the game first

    New content just add in more bugs that water down the gameplay.

    You're right. The Count and Anakin must NOT be added until we sort this game out.
    Maybe if the infantry combat in this game was half decent buddy
    cjnwi9lrpvld.gif

    Delet
    giphy.gif

    I would be fine with anakin & dooku not coming right away. This will give them time to be polished & not the bugged mess obi & Mr. Cough was
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nah. Bug fixes before troopers after that then yes

    No one is going to get any new content ever again if you want them to fix the game first

    New content just add in more bugs that water down the gameplay.

    You're right. The Count and Anakin must NOT be added until we sort this game out.
    Maybe if the infantry combat in this game was half decent buddy
    cjnwi9lrpvld.gif

    Delet
    giphy.gif

    I would be fine with anakin & dooku not coming right away. This will give them time to be polished & not the bugged mess obi & Mr. Cough was

    As someone that’s been hoping for and now really looking forward to Dooku coming, probably as much as you with Anakin..I agree with this 100%.

    It's not that I disagree, I'm just not sure I have faith in their ability to do so
    [+3748 posts]
  • Imagine the T-21’s and DT-12 in this game with trooper only blast
    pbjafrgglqtx.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Relmets
    2496 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Imagine the T-21’s and DT-12 in this game with trooper only blast
    pbjafrgglqtx.jpeg

    Fresh blaster action
    Just+for+you++_6be03c80099e9fb7f3df57497adb7eb3.gif
    [+3748 posts]
  • Nah. Bug fixes before troopers after that then yes

    this.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Maybe if the infantry combat in this game was half decent buddy
    cjnwi9lrpvld.gif

    Delet
    giphy.gif

    I will not yield to an ahsucc h8r
    pilvg7y7jet0.gif
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • 1. Blasters
    2. Maps
    3. Cargo
    4. Skins
    5. Heroes

    At this point, bugs are just a part of Battlefront 2. They fix one and add two. Lost cause.

    I can get with this list.
    Relmets wrote: »
    Maybe if the infantry combat in this game was half decent buddy
    cjnwi9lrpvld.gif

    Delet
    giphy.gif

    I will not yield to an ahsucc h8r
    pilvg7y7jet0.gif

    Your turn will be complete once you profess your love here

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/109732/comment-if-you-want-ahsoka-tano-in-battlefront-2#latest

    ijfon5husuig.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Ppong_Man12
    2825 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Deleted for double post.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • WodiQuix
    4587 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    original.gif

    No more heroes after Anakin. Not for a while, at least. Trooper gameplay needs to be revitalized, and content needs to be rounded out. Heroes will have received 4 new additions as of February. At the rate content is being delivered, if the focus for 2019 is another set of heroes then infantry players will have been kicked to the curb AGAIN.
    NECESSARY:
    - Unlock the faction restriction for all of the default blasters. Cross era weapons are already a thing, there is no point in maintaining a faction correlation only for the defaults. This is an easy way to "add" plenty of blasters without too much effort. Even if they are different only cosmetically it will still create the illusion of more choice.
    - NEW weapons, maybe including cross-class weapons as well, (think PDWs in battlefield)
    - More trooper equipment/abilities
    - More trooper customization (Look around, plenty of threads)
    - A true troopers only mode. NO, none of the modes so far are trooper modes so long as they have tiered units (enforcers/aerials). Cargo has potential, but whatever the mode is, the options should be Assault, Heavy, Officer, or Specialist. Nothing else.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ANOTHER THING TO CONSIDER:
    How you have fun playing this game is subjective, but there are ways in which the content above is OBJECTIVELY better than a single hero per month. You don't need to race with other players to be the first to use a weapon, trooper ability, or a trooper skin, like you do with a hero (whether farming BP in GA or scrolling across the HvV selection menu). You don't need to hope to be on the right team in the first place either (except for skins). People won't leave games en masse because they weren't quick enough to get to try the new content like they do in HvV.

    After trooper content is accounted for the logical next step would be to add maps, but we'll see if the herolords can tolerate not having Ahsoka or Padme or whoever.
    tumblr_pfnza1aevg1tlp2zeo1_500.gif

    Agreed. This would be a welcome change and addition.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    original.gif

    No more heroes after Anakin. Not for a while, at least. Trooper gameplay needs to be revitalized, and content needs to be rounded out. Heroes will have received 4 new additions as of February. At the rate content is being delivered, if the focus for 2019 is another set of heroes then infantry players will have been kicked to the curb AGAIN.
    NECESSARY:
    - Unlock the faction restriction for all of the default blasters. Cross era weapons are already a thing, there is no point in maintaining a faction correlation only for the defaults. This is an easy way to "add" plenty of blasters without too much effort. Even if they are different only cosmetically it will still create the illusion of more choice.
    - NEW weapons, maybe including cross-class weapons as well, (think PDWs in battlefield)
    - More trooper equipment/abilities
    - More trooper customization (Look around, plenty of threads)
    - A true troopers only mode. NO, none of the modes so far are trooper modes so long as they have tiered units (enforcers/aerials). Cargo has potential, but whatever the mode is, the options should be Assault, Heavy, Officer, or Specialist. Nothing else.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ANOTHER THING TO CONSIDER:
    How you have fun playing this game is subjective, but there are ways in which the content above is OBJECTIVELY better than a single hero per month. You don't need to race with other players to be the first to use a weapon, trooper ability, or a trooper skin, like you do with a hero (whether farming BP in GA or scrolling across the HvV selection menu). You don't need to hope to be on the right team in the first place either (except for skins). People won't leave games en masse because they weren't quick enough to get to try the new content like they do in HvV.

    After trooper content is accounted for the logical next step would be to add maps, but we'll see if the herolords can tolerate not having Ahsoka or Padme or whoever.
    tumblr_pfnza1aevg1tlp2zeo1_500.gif

    Ya know I’m behind ya, ^ this people.
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nah. Bug fixes before troopers after that then yes

    No one is going to get any new content ever again if you want them to fix the game first

    New content just add in more bugs that water down the gameplay.

    Gameplay is already watered down, I’m drowning actually.
    Maybe if the infantry combat in this game was half decent buddy
    cjnwi9lrpvld.gif

    No doubt.
  • Mastahpeece
    2316 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Relmets wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    No, please don't do this. Heroes are Star Wars. Heroes should ALWAYS be the priority.

    Not always. There are other things in this game, too, and in Star Wars. I understand that Hero combat and other things are broken, but Troopers deserve some love, too! Don't get me wrong, I love our hero characters in the movies and books, but this game isn't meant to be entirely about them.

    And specifically with battlefront. Battlefront has always been about taking the spotlight and putting it on the unsung heroes: side characters, troopers, pilots, all the little things apart from the most popular and famous icons.
    Our beloved franchise has been hijacked by the herolords.

    This is battlesabers now my dude
    xuybaoyd2l5g.jpeg
    m9tvqbk4u56l.gif
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Dual pistols ? Just throwing it in to the void
  • bfloo wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    No, please don't do this. Heroes are Star Wars. Heroes should ALWAYS be the priority.

    You need a game dedicated to heroes.

    Hero combat in this game is just trash.

    Jango in Bounty Hunter had more things he could do than the heroes in this game combined.

    So true lol.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • T21, EE3, DL44, DT12- SE-14C, DL18, T21-B, Dioxis, Bacta, Cycler rifle, more options DICE

    The powerful T21 in Battlefront II, the dream

    tbs3vc0ubzxw.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Won't happen, unfortunately. Changes are being directed by button-mashing saber casuals.

    sad but true
  • Relmets wrote: »
    lol what aspect about playing a hero is even remotely interesting compared to playing a trooper? Lame. More trash broken abilities and a couple more sloppy overpriced hero skins over the T-21? DT-12? Yeah, sorry but on paper that's a total joke.

    You probably think troopers are boring because you get rekt all the time while playing as them and blame the gameplay instead of your own skill, trust me I see this complex all the time. Hero gameplay would need a MASSIVE overhaul, and I'm talking something like a redesign where heroes have specific skillsets beyond CC, and gameplay involved more complex tactics than playing "GOTCHA!" with stuns, or mashing buttons. In short, hero gameplay isn't worth it.


    When I can take your "argument," rearrange a few words, and turn it completely against you, it means your "argument" carries absolutely no weight at all.

    "uhm herores are more fun than troopers to me" is not an argument
    "haha i bet you get rekt all the time" is not an argument

    if you want to delete your post and save a little face, feel free to message me and I'll remove this

    lmao, your honesty just embarrassing yourself with this. A ported over weapon from the last game is suddenly on the same level as getting Jango Fett? Yeah, you may wan't to think that one through. They rest of that delusion isn't even worth addressing. As if all Heroes do is just cast CC, lmao. I don't play that trash scrub mode HvV. I can actually get a hero in the first 3 mins of a GA. Nothing but CC? lmao, give me a break. If your caught mind tricking as rey or trying to get off a stun on troopers your losing massive HP 9/10s it's the reason you rarely see a good maul choking because he's most vulnerable at that point, anybody with skill knows that. Most of the CC cast is in HvV. irrelevant.

    Turn my argument against me? Ha. Don't make me laugh.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Relmets wrote: »
    lol what aspect about playing a hero is even remotely interesting compared to playing a trooper? Lame. More trash broken abilities and a couple more sloppy overpriced hero skins over the T-21? DT-12? Yeah, sorry but on paper that's a total joke.

    You probably think troopers are boring because you get rekt all the time while playing as them and blame the gameplay instead of your own skill, trust me I see this complex all the time. Hero gameplay would need a MASSIVE overhaul, and I'm talking something like a redesign where heroes have specific skillsets beyond CC, and gameplay involved more complex tactics than playing "GOTCHA!" with stuns, or mashing buttons. In short, hero gameplay isn't worth it.


    When I can take your "argument," rearrange a few words, and turn it completely against you, it means your "argument" carries absolutely no weight at all.

    "uhm herores are more fun than troopers to me" is not an argument
    "haha i bet you get rekt all the time" is not an argument

    if you want to delete your post and save a little face, feel free to message me and I'll remove this

    lmao, your honesty just embarrassing yourself with this. A ported over weapon from the last game is suddenly on the same level as getting Jango Fett? Yeah, you may wan't to think that one through. They rest of that delusion isn't even worth addressing. As if all Heroes do is just cast CC, lmao. I don't play that trash scrub mode HvV. I can actually get a hero in the first 3 mins of a GA. Nothing but CC? lmao, give me a break. If your caught mind tricking as rey or trying to get off a stun on troopers your losing massive HP 9/10s it's the reason you rarely see a good maul choking because he's most vulnerable at that point, anybody with skill knows that. Most of the CC cast is in HvV. irrelevant.

    Turn my argument against me? Ha. Don't make me laugh.

    What makes HvV scrub mode?
  • Relmets wrote: »
    lol what aspect about playing a hero is even remotely interesting compared to playing a trooper? Lame. More trash broken abilities and a couple more sloppy overpriced hero skins over the T-21? DT-12? Yeah, sorry but on paper that's a total joke.

    You probably think troopers are boring because you get rekt all the time while playing as them and blame the gameplay instead of your own skill, trust me I see this complex all the time. Hero gameplay would need a MASSIVE overhaul, and I'm talking something like a redesign where heroes have specific skillsets beyond CC, and gameplay involved more complex tactics than playing "GOTCHA!" with stuns, or mashing buttons. In short, hero gameplay isn't worth it.


    When I can take your "argument," rearrange a few words, and turn it completely against you, it means your "argument" carries absolutely no weight at all.

    "uhm herores are more fun than troopers to me" is not an argument
    "haha i bet you get rekt all the time" is not an argument

    if you want to delete your post and save a little face, feel free to message me and I'll remove this

    lmao, your honesty just embarrassing yourself with this. A ported over weapon from the last game is suddenly on the same level as getting Jango Fett? Yeah, you may wan't to think that one through. They rest of that delusion isn't even worth addressing. As if all Heroes do is just cast CC, lmao. I don't play that trash scrub mode HvV. I can actually get a hero in the first 3 mins of a GA. Nothing but CC? lmao, give me a break. If your caught mind tricking as rey or trying to get off a stun on troopers your losing massive HP 9/10s it's the reason you rarely see a good maul choking because he's most vulnerable at that point, anybody with skill knows that. Most of the CC cast is in HvV. irrelevant.

    Turn my argument against me? Ha. Don't make me laugh.

    What makes HvV scrub mode?

    Because the hot shot is probably terrible at it.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
Sign In or Register to comment.