criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

2456738

Replies

  • Relmets wrote: »
    lol what aspect about playing a hero is even remotely interesting compared to playing a trooper? Lame. More trash broken abilities and a couple more sloppy overpriced hero skins over the T-21? DT-12? Yeah, sorry but on paper that's a total joke.

    You probably think troopers are boring because you get rekt all the time while playing as them and blame the gameplay instead of your own skill, trust me I see this complex all the time. Hero gameplay would need a MASSIVE overhaul, and I'm talking something like a redesign where heroes have specific skillsets beyond CC, and gameplay involved more complex tactics than playing "GOTCHA!" with stuns, or mashing buttons. In short, hero gameplay isn't worth it.


    When I can take your "argument," rearrange a few words, and turn it completely against you, it means your "argument" carries absolutely no weight at all.

    "uhm herores are more fun than troopers to me" is not an argument
    "haha i bet you get rekt all the time" is not an argument

    if you want to delete your post and save a little face, feel free to message me and I'll remove this

    lmao, your honesty just embarrassing yourself with this. A ported over weapon from the last game is suddenly on the same level as getting Jango Fett? Yeah, you may wan't to think that one through. They rest of that delusion isn't even worth addressing. As if all Heroes do is just cast CC, lmao. I don't play that trash scrub mode HvV. I can actually get a hero in the first 3 mins of a GA. Nothing but CC? lmao, give me a break. If your caught mind tricking as rey or trying to get off a stun on troopers your losing massive HP 9/10s it's the reason you rarely see a good maul choking because he's most vulnerable at that point, anybody with skill knows that. Most of the CC cast is in HvV. irrelevant.

    Turn my argument against me? Ha. Don't make me laugh.

    What makes HvV scrub mode?

    Because the hot shot is probably terrible at it.

    I think we have a winner.
  • Relmets
    2468 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

    Imagine unironically thinking beating up grunts as a hero requires more skill than facing other players on a more level playing field. I'm starting to doubt your sincerity.

    You probably didn't have a high K/D in the last battlefront then. Anybody going negative wouldn't be able to tell the palatable difference in skill ceiling when moving over to this game, it's not really your fault.

    I'm not going to toot my own horn about my elite gamer skills, so you can ask my friends whether I was good at 2015front or not.

    And I still can't tell what this has to do with my thread. You have yet to make an argument against trooper content for this game.
    [+3748 posts]
  • bfloo
    15957 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    No, please don't do this. Heroes are Star Wars. Heroes should ALWAYS be the priority.

    Star Wars is about people in Halloween costumes and robots shooting each other with lasers
    Bring on the trooper content
    giphy.gif

    If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes.

    What do you mean "why am I playing this game" ?

    This isn't herofront, it's battlefront. I get it, you like heroes, but other people prefer to play as troopers, and it's time for trooper content. If you don't have an argument against trooper content other than "I like heroes" then I'm afraid you aren't going to get anywhere

    And sure the stories told in the movies are LITERALLY about the heroes, but the SW universe has plenty of other things to offer, and you're kidding yourself if you think people like me are in the minority.


    I never said it was herofront, it IS however called STAR WARS Battlefront II.

    Emphasis placed properly on the main title. If there was such an overwhelmingly large amount of “trooper only” fans out there as you falsely claim there is than why isn’t there such a huge uproar about it? I’ll remind you this game didn’t take a nose dive because it had too many heroes. In fact people were asking for MORE from day one. This game failed because people who really probably never even bought the game hopped on a hate bandwagon over “progression”.

    So where are all of these people who apparently hate heroes in Star Wars games?

    Lol I mean the “remove HvV target system” got WAY more agrees and likes in a short period of time than this post has gotten.

    They moved onto better shooters a long time ago. This game is trying to be everything for everyone, so it is mostly failing at everything.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    No, please don't do this. Heroes are Star Wars. Heroes should ALWAYS be the priority.

    Star Wars is about people in Halloween costumes and robots shooting each other with lasers
    Bring on the trooper content
    giphy.gif

    If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes.

    What do you mean "why am I playing this game" ?

    This isn't herofront, it's battlefront. I get it, you like heroes, but other people prefer to play as troopers, and it's time for trooper content. If you don't have an argument against trooper content other than "I like heroes" then I'm afraid you aren't going to get anywhere

    And sure the stories told in the movies are LITERALLY about the heroes, but the SW universe has plenty of other things to offer, and you're kidding yourself if you think people like me are in the minority.


    I never said it was herofront, it IS however called STAR WARS Battlefront II.

    Emphasis placed properly on the main title. If there was such an overwhelmingly large amount of “trooper only” fans out there as you falsely claim there is than why isn’t there such a huge uproar about it? I’ll remind you this game didn’t take a nose dive because it had too many heroes. In fact people were asking for MORE from day one. This game failed because people who really probably never even bought the game hopped on a hate bandwagon over “progression”.

    So where are all of these people who apparently hate heroes in Star Wars games?

    Lol I mean the “remove HvV target system” got WAY more agrees and likes in a short period of time than this post has gotten.

    They moved onto better shooters a long time ago. This game is trying to be everything for everyone, so it is mostly failing at everything.

    That’s a fun excuse. “They moved on”.

    Then why bring it up like there’s a huge support group? That’s a failed argument.
  • bfloo
    15957 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

    Imagine unironically thinking beating up grunts as a hero requires more skill than facing other players on a more level playing field. I'm starting to doubt your sincerity.

    You probably didn't have a high K/D in the last battlefront then. Anybody going negative wouldn't be able to tell the palatable difference in skill ceiling when moving over to this game, it's not really your fault.

    Wrong. @Relmets was one of the top players on PS4.

    @Relmets uses the powah of the Kwattro to absquatulate any and all members of the other team without mercy.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    No, please don't do this. Heroes are Star Wars. Heroes should ALWAYS be the priority.

    Star Wars is about people in Halloween costumes and robots shooting each other with lasers
    Bring on the trooper content
    giphy.gif

    If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes.

    What do you mean "why am I playing this game" ?

    This isn't herofront, it's battlefront. I get it, you like heroes, but other people prefer to play as troopers, and it's time for trooper content. If you don't have an argument against trooper content other than "I like heroes" then I'm afraid you aren't going to get anywhere

    And sure the stories told in the movies are LITERALLY about the heroes, but the SW universe has plenty of other things to offer, and you're kidding yourself if you think people like me are in the minority.


    I never said it was herofront, it IS however called STAR WARS Battlefront II.

    Emphasis placed properly on the main title. If there was such an overwhelmingly large amount of “trooper only” fans out there as you falsely claim there is than why isn’t there such a huge uproar about it? I’ll remind you this game didn’t take a nose dive because it had too many heroes. In fact people were asking for MORE from day one. This game failed because people who really probably never even bought the game hopped on a hate bandwagon over “progression”.

    So where are all of these people who apparently hate heroes in Star Wars games?

    Lol I mean the “remove HvV target system” got WAY more agrees and likes in a short period of time than this post has gotten.

    Maybe we aren't as noisy as you lot are. Good thing I spoke up.
    Nen.gif
    And it's not about hating heroes. It's about rounding out the content. You guys got 4 new heroes. Time for something else. Perhaps people aren't so hot about the trooper content because it's getting stale? Sounds like a good time to bring it back to life if you ask me.

    Sounds to me like there’s not much support behind your claims.
  • Relmets killed one of the most epic style youtubers in his one and only Star Busters 2015 video

    His only Star Busters 2015 video because of people like him

    Please do not glorify this psychopath
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • bfloo
    15957 posts Member
    Relmets killed one of the most epic style youtubers in his one and only Star Busters 2015 video

    His only Star Busters 2015 video because of people like him

    Please do not glorify this psychopath

    Relmets taking down a game ruiner rogenbuster style?

    We need a link.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • None of these would be issues had DICE the ability to work on more than 1 or 2 pieces of content at a time. It’s sad.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Yeah, it is time for some actual trooper weapons, some classes have weapons that are non-viable after the unlocks, there needs to be weapon variations and making Infantry feel somewhat worthwhile. This game definitely needs more options. That would bring this game from a 5/10 (Really a 3, but two points cuz sTaR WaRS. To a 7/10 (5/10 but Star Wars.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Relmets
    2468 posts Member
    edited January 9
    *Pending approval spam*
    Post edited by Relmets on
    [+3748 posts]
  • This thread is definitely a heck of a read. You peeps have all lost your minds.

    Give me new content. I don't really care what it is. But here's my list:

    1. GA maps
    2. Heroes Unleashed separate permanent mode
    2. Cargo (trooper only)
    3. Heroes
    4. Skins
    5. Weapons
    6. Star cards
  • Relmets wrote: »

    Imagine unironically thinking beating up grunts as a hero requires more skill than facing other players on a more level playing field. I'm starting to doubt your sincerity.

    You probably didn't have a high K/D in the last battlefront then. Anybody going negative wouldn't be able to tell the palatable difference in skill ceiling when moving over to this game, it's not really your fault.

    This is where your argument dies. Guy would wipe the floor with you.

    lol, you his cheer leader or something? lmao, I'd really like to see that happen. HvV is a joke as well, nobody would ever flawless me on skill alone unless I had numb skulls on my team or you all just ganked 3 on 1. Pathetic, the modes a joke and pretty much dependent on your team. We'd just trade kills over and over again as I lost HP. On Hero showdown it'd be entirely dependent on what Hero I play, it's a joke. Why would I ever bother with that trash.

    Some of the finest excuses.
  • It's okay, Abyss. You're a casual player. There's no shame in admitting it. You're one of many in the playerbase. Admittedly, I have no problem with casual players. I loved destroying you guys on BF15 and BF17.

    What's annoying is how you're trying to deny players infantry-only options. Every AAA FPS has them. You don't see me advocating for the removal of HvV.

    and what would that make you, Banana, a part timer? Something clearly lower because I'm far from casual, lmao. At least I can realize what takes skill and what doesn't, and the trooper play her clearly does not. It doesn't deserve any peripheral attention outside of a major overhaul. The removal of Jetpack, Bacta, traits, builds, the addition of haphazard classes, even the removal of public death counter only served to dumb this game down so casuals could have more fun on it.

    You wan't infantry only, go play blast. lol, I'd advocate for the removal of HvV, Ha. That's like you trying to equate the removing cancer as some weak cop-out to the argument. Give me a break.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Relmets
    2468 posts Member
    Honestly this pending for approval nonsense is getting annoying. Quit making my posts vanish.

    Anyways
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    No, please don't do this. Heroes are Star Wars. Heroes should ALWAYS be the priority.

    Star Wars is about people in Halloween costumes and robots shooting each other with lasers
    Bring on the trooper content
    giphy.gif

    If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes.

    What do you mean "why am I playing this game" ?

    This isn't herofront, it's battlefront. I get it, you like heroes, but other people prefer to play as troopers, and it's time for trooper content. If you don't have an argument against trooper content other than "I like heroes" then I'm afraid you aren't going to get anywhere

    And sure the stories told in the movies are LITERALLY about the heroes, but the SW universe has plenty of other things to offer, and you're kidding yourself if you think people like me are in the minority.


    I never said it was herofront, it IS however called STAR WARS Battlefront II.

    Emphasis placed properly on the main title. If there was such an overwhelmingly large amount of “trooper only” fans out there as you falsely claim there is than why isn’t there such a huge uproar about it? I’ll remind you this game didn’t take a nose dive because it had too many heroes. In fact people were asking for MORE from day one. This game failed because people who really probably never even bought the game hopped on a hate bandwagon over “progression”.

    So where are all of these people who apparently hate heroes in Star Wars games?

    Lol I mean the “remove HvV target system” got WAY more agrees and likes in a short period of time than this post has gotten.

    Maybe we aren't as noisy as you lot are. Good thing I spoke up.
    Nen.gif
    And it's not about hating heroes. It's about rounding out the content. You guys got 4 new heroes. Time for something else. Perhaps people aren't so hot about the trooper content because it's getting stale? Sounds like a good time to bring it back to life if you ask me.

    Sounds to me like there’s not much support behind your claims.

    @SAmulticore 's cargo thread. 22 pages of overwhelming support for infantry only cargo. Take that how you will.

    And I'm not sure what your suggestion is if you don't like my ideas. Neglect trooper players for another year? In favor of more heroes?

    I'm just curious
    Relmets wrote: »

    Imagine unironically thinking beating up grunts as a hero requires more skill than facing other players on a more level playing field. I'm starting to doubt your sincerity.

    You probably didn't have a high K/D in the last battlefront then. Anybody going negative wouldn't be able to tell the palatable difference in skill ceiling when moving over to this game, it's not really your fault.

    This is where your argument dies. Guy would wipe the floor with you.
    Relmets wrote: »

    Imagine unironically thinking beating up grunts as a hero requires more skill than facing other players on a more level playing field. I'm starting to doubt your sincerity.

    You probably didn't have a high K/D in the last battlefront then. Anybody going negative wouldn't be able to tell the palatable difference in skill ceiling when moving over to this game, it's not really your fault.

    Wrong. @Relmets was one of the top players on PS4.
    bfloo wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »

    Imagine unironically thinking beating up grunts as a hero requires more skill than facing other players on a more level playing field. I'm starting to doubt your sincerity.

    You probably didn't have a high K/D in the last battlefront then. Anybody going negative wouldn't be able to tell the palatable difference in skill ceiling when moving over to this game, it's not really your fault.

    Wrong. @Relmets was one of the top players on PS4.

    @Relmets uses the powah of the Kwattro to absquatulate any and all members of the other team without mercy.

    giphy.gif

    @Mastahpeece marky boy had it coming

    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »

    Imagine unironically thinking beating up grunts as a hero requires more skill than facing other players on a more level playing field. I'm starting to doubt your sincerity.

    You probably didn't have a high K/D in the last battlefront then. Anybody going negative wouldn't be able to tell the palatable difference in skill ceiling when moving over to this game, it's not really your fault.

    This is where your argument dies. Guy would wipe the floor with you.

    lol, you his cheer leader or something? lmao, I'd really like to see that happen. HvV is a joke as well, nobody would ever flawless me on skill alone unless I had numb skulls on my team or you all just ganked 3 on 1. Pathetic, the modes a joke and pretty much dependent on your team. We'd just trade kills over and over again as I lost HP. On Hero showdown it'd be entirely dependent on what Hero I play, it's a joke. Why would I ever bother with that trash.

    vf2g87t4ftiq.png
    al7rfjx4x7t8.png

    Don't blame your teammates for being a bad player. One of my friends had to try carrying you on HvV. You didn't even make the top 5.

    bahahaha.

    Just for comparison's sake I had a 5 K/D in BF2015, and IIRC relmets made me look bad almost every game we played
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

  • TheScape
    2262 posts Member
    The only thing I can't really agree with is unlocking the default weapons. What's the point of having 6 different weapons that actually play the same and have no mods? Why would you pick one over another unless you want to be era-accurate? And if they change the stats... Why not just add new weapons with these new stats (maybe just porting some models from BF2015 that are not in the game)?

    The illusion of choice might work for a few days, but once you are bored of switching weapons with no real change, you'll feel again that we only have 4 real choices for each class.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • bfloo
    15957 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    The only thing I can't really agree with is unlocking the default weapons. What's the point of having 6 different weapons that actually play the same and have no mods? Why would you pick one over another unless you want to be era-accurate? And if they change the stats... Why not just add new weapons with these new stats (maybe just porting some models from BF2015 that are not in the game)?

    The illusion of choice might work for a few days, but once you are bored of switching weapons with no real change, you'll feel again that we only have 4 real choices for each class.

    If they tweak the stats, that would be a lot faster than them adding 24 weapons from scratch.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Billkwando
    2017 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Relmets wrote: »
    "haha i bet you get rekt all the time" is not an argument

    Oh but it is... because those of us who actually put in the time and effort to learn the hero modes know better than to take someone seriously who says heroes are simply R2 R2 R2 R2, or "all stuns and CC". That's a simplistic cop-out that says more about the person making the argument than it does about the game.

    Yes it has some issues, and saber tracking's current over-enthusiasm is certainly one of them but, other than Greebus, if someone thinks they can consistently beat an experienced player by mashing the attack button hasn't actually encountered one.....and if you die to Greebus mashing, that means you let him get close to you and didn't have an escape plan or reliable teammates to back you up and punish him for overextending.

    Granted, we all die sometimes, but mad mashers run out of stamina and die, or get rolled all over on by the likes of Lando, Han, and Iden.

    I'm not saying I'm awesome. I lose and get beat up like everybody....but you can see here that someone with a plan and tenacity can take on multiple heroes and make it out alive. Granted ledges help, but I've 1 v 2'd plenty of Kylos, Mauls, and Vaders and lived to tell about it. I have other videos that don't involve ledges, but I'm working on making some compilations because I don't want to flood my channel with little 30 second fight videos.





    In short, git gud.


    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Finest_Banana
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Relmets is already good, @Billkwando
    My name is Bob

  • TheScape wrote: »
    The only thing I can't really agree with is unlocking the default weapons. What's the point of having 6 different weapons that actually play the same and have no mods? Why would you pick one over another unless you want to be era-accurate? And if they change the stats... Why not just add new weapons with these new stats (maybe just porting some models from BF2015 that are not in the game)?

    The illusion of choice might work for a few days, but once you are bored of switching weapons with no real change, you'll feel again that we only have 4 real choices for each class.

    Just an idea. Instead of literal copies they could just copypasta the stats of some unused blasters from the last game.

    For instance all of the Assault defaults are currently the BF2015 E-11. Leave the E-11 as is, but make the 280c similar to the 280c from that game (not burst fire, just a faster firing but lower damage per shot automatic). A180 rifle mode could serve as another template for lets say the clown rifle (DCwhatever) or the not-rebels' standard EL-16. Then make the F-11 an E-11 with different spread/recoil pattern (kind of how they differentiate same ROF guns in Battlefield games) and the robot blaster could be another modified stat variant of a 280c

    Same goes for heavy, specialist and officer. Plenty of repeaters, snipers and pistols to use the stats of or tweak a bit.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

  • Relmets
    2468 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    The only thing I can't really agree with is unlocking the default weapons. What's the point of having 6 different weapons that actually play the same and have no mods? Why would you pick one over another unless you want to be era-accurate? And if they change the stats... Why not just add new weapons with these new stats (maybe just porting some models from BF2015 that are not in the game)?

    The illusion of choice might work for a few days, but once you are bored of switching weapons with no real change, you'll feel again that we only have 4 real choices for each class.
    Refer to bfloo and Xen for more info, they put it nicely-

    -But just to clarify @TheScape I think adding them as is, without any changes, while maybe a little underwhelming, wouldn't do any harm either. Some people use weapons solely based on aesthetic reasons (I know I do), and being able to use a particular default outside of the corresponding faction seems like a no brainer (it's even depicted heavily in the official game artwork). For instance I love the look and sound of the E-11, and I'd like to use it more often. Even if it's identical to the other defaults in the way it behaves.

    And regardless if the benefit is marginal, the cost is negligible. How much effort can it take to rearrange the availability of weapons that are already made and in the game?
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    @Mastahpeece marky boy had it coming
    dh7hvsv2qv4k.gif
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • TheScape wrote: »
    The only thing I can't really agree with is unlocking the default weapons. What's the point of having 6 different weapons that actually play the same and have no mods? Why would you pick one over another unless you want to be era-accurate? And if they change the stats... Why not just add new weapons with these new stats (maybe just porting some models from BF2015 that are not in the game)?

    The illusion of choice might work for a few days, but once you are bored of switching weapons with no real change, you'll feel again that we only have 4 real choices for each class.

    Just an idea. Instead of literal copies they could just copypasta the stats of some unused blasters from the last game.

    For instance all of the Assault defaults are currently the BF2015 E-11. Leave the E-11 as is, but make the 280c similar to the 280c from that game (not burst fire, just a faster firing but lower damage per shot automatic). A180 rifle mode could serve as another template for lets say the clown rifle (DCwhatever) or the not-rebels' standard EL-16. Then make the F-11 an E-11 with different spread/recoil pattern (kind of how they differentiate same ROF guns in Battlefield games) and the robot blaster could be another modified stat variant of a 280c

    Same goes for heavy, specialist and officer. Plenty of repeaters, snipers and pistols to use the stats of or tweak a bit.

    Good idea... and to add to this, as far as mods go, they could all have different combos of three existing mods to further distinguish them. One assualt weapon might have a dual scope, another might have ion shot.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Relmets is already good, @Billkwando

    That's fine, and I don't have an issue with them adding more trooper content, but being good with troopers and being good with heroes isn't the same thing, and I get tired of people who seemingly don't know what they're talking about slagging off on HvV and heroes in general.

    Yeah HvV is no Street Fighter II, but within the context of what it is (weaksauce Soul Caliber, basically) there is a skilled game to be had. That's all I really mean.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    "haha i bet you get rekt all the time" is not an argument

    Oh but it is... because those of us who actually put in the time and effort to learn the hero modes know better than to take someone seriously who says heroes are simply R2 R2 R2 R2, or "all stuns and CC". That's a simplistic cop-out that says more about the person making the argument than it does about the game.



    If you'd actually take a look at the thread instead of jumping on the opportunity to sound condescending you'll see that the point I'm making is that reducing trooper combat to skill-less "rushing" or grenade spam is akin to reducing hero combat to R2 mashing or stun spam.

    X12WoA1.gif

    P.S. Stun based gameplay is still garbage

    This thread is all over the place. Sorry if I misunderstood your point. :)
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Relmets
    2468 posts Member
    Agree OP, Infantry needs way more focus than it is getting currently. I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.
    @AbyssWatch3r who hurt you? Do you need me to call your parents?

    Good man. Troops rise up
    Sadly...I highly doubt you'll get what few devs are left to think Heroes are not THE priority with this game. They left infantry in the dust at launch... they haven't even had "the meeting" yet to even CONSIDER adding new weapons. They're going to hit the killswitch after Anakin.....it'll be a few more clone skins and constant patches. You'll see unfortunately.

    SilentRemorsefulHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

    @Mastahpeece he was playing on an account called Not_Markiplier69. He is a liar and a deceiver
    original.gif

    [+3748 posts]
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Relmets is already good, @Billkwando

    That's fine, and I don't have an issue with them adding more trooper content, but being good with troopers and being good with heroes isn't the same thing, and I get tired of people who seemingly don't know what they're talking about slagging off on HvV and heroes in general.

    Yeah HvV is no Street Fighter II, but within the context of what it is (weaksauce Soul Caliber, basically) there is a skilled game to be had. That's all I really mean.

    This is true. I was mainly a GA player pretty good toped the leaderboard & I started playing HvV a lot & got my butt handed to me. It's easy to destroy infantry with heros but do you have the skill to take down another hero? I most certainly didn't.
  • I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.

    As an aside, I did find this to be a strange statement. So you really watched the movies for the stormtroopers and the guys with bedpans on their heads? ;) :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    "haha i bet you get rekt all the time" is not an argument

    Oh but it is... because those of us who actually put in the time and effort to learn the hero modes know better than to take someone seriously who says heroes are simply R2 R2 R2 R2, or "all stuns and CC". That's a simplistic cop-out that says more about the person making the argument than it does about the game.



    If you'd actually take a look at the thread instead of jumping on the opportunity to sound condescending you'll see that the point I'm making is that reducing trooper combat to skill-less "rushing" or grenade spam is akin to reducing hero combat to R2 mashing or stun spam.

    X12WoA1.gif

    P.S. Stun based gameplay is still garbage

    This thread is all over the place. Sorry if I misunderstood your point. :)

    And it's like @BucksawBoushh said anyway, none of us should be having this conversation because they should have been able to deliver on all aspects of the game as far as the additional content drops go. But instead we're going back and forth with each other about what scraps of content we'd like to see because we're all expecting another underwhelming year.

    That is 100% spot on. Either the dev team can't walk and chew gum at the same time, or they just don't have the budget for gum.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.

    As an aside, I did find this to be a strange statement. So you really watched the movies for the stormtroopers and the guys with bedpans on their heads? ;) :p

    I’ve always been much more intrigued by the random dude that looks like the Devil in the back of the cantina than any main character. Star Wars isn’t just Luke, Han, Obi, Maul or Rey. Every single fringe character has a backstory just as interesting as the mains. Broken record here, but to me, that’s why Star Wars is so amazing. How did this droid end up as a server in Jabba’s Palace? Guarantee you there’s a story behind it.

    Certainly good MMO material, but of course the real answer is "Cos George Lucas wanted it". ;)
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.

    As an aside, I did find this to be a strange statement. So you really watched the movies for the stormtroopers and the guys with bedpans on their heads? ;) :p

    I’ve always been much more intrigued by the random dude that looks like the Devil in the back of the cantina than any main character. Star Wars isn’t just Luke, Han, Obi, Maul or Rey. Every single fringe character has a backstory just as interesting as the mains. Broken record here, but to me, that’s why Star Wars is so amazing. How did this droid end up as a server in Jabba’s Palace? Guarantee you there’s a story behind it.

    Certainly good MMO material, but of course the real answer is "Cos George Lucas wanted it". ;)

    Momaw Nadon > Luke Skywalker

    46i9phnwvb9w.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
Sign In or Register to comment.