criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

1246735

Replies

  • Relmets wrote: »
    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer

    And you call what we have now any better? everybody still running the exact same build except now it's near universal with nearly 0 diversity. Yes, knock the jet pack bacta guard combat all you wan't. It still took more skill to pull off than anything this games trooper play has to offer. All that's changed is the ttk has dramatically increased and a lot of counterplay has been removed. I'm sorry, but 2015 had better trooper play than this game hands down without a doubt. If that was like using a printer then BF2017 is like hammering a nail, and many scrubs here fail at even that.

    After seeing this, I'm not surprised you're on-board with removing HvV. You couldn't even make the top 5! Tough scene to say the least.

    vfx74ut1ioud.png
    bkk6nuvxy5lh.png

    Wow, you sure got me there, except for the fact that isn't my handle nor would I ever be caught dead getting wrekt by the likes of you lmao or your bodyguards. At best you'd break even with me in your lobby, probably go negative. Smart for you to cover your friends account because you'd definitely be on the list of the try hards I make sure to t-bag and emote every time I kill.
    Agree OP, Infantry needs way more focus than it is getting currently. I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.
    @AbyssWatch3r who hurt you? Do you need me to call your parents?

    @UrbanGlitch who hurt me? I almost know for a fact you get wrekt by Heroes and that's the prime reason you advocate for this crazed focus on trooper only nonsense. Sorry pal, but trooper play is trash. It's way too casual for there to be any real focus on it over Heroes and new modes. Any scrub can kill anybody now simply because enough in the last game complained that everybody was running Jet pack and bacta and they we're getting lased by the ee-4/3. The class system sucks in comparison, it's dumbed down. How many times to I have to repeat this point? Playing a Hero brings some of that semblance of counter play back simply because you don't immediately die now because some kid throws a grenade at his feet just as you gun him down. That was BF2105 I'd roll with shield up, or Just Jet out and laugh, but now you just die. Lmao, clearly this is just lost on you all. Really watching you all defend it is laughable.

    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer


    xjzy15ft8uco.gif

    I beg to differ sir, you mean the heroes of bf2 I think. And yes, the skill gap was greater by miles in 15 compared to bf2.

    Yeah except the arcade level easy mode which is Blasters. They were so ridiculously easy to shoot it wasn’t even funny.

    You didn’t even need to ADS to slaughter people across the map. Recoils was practically nil. Overall trooper play was more bland than this iteration. So if you think it took skill to shoot compared to BF17 it’s no wonder you guys are haters.

    The only plus I’d say is it was a little less buggy.

    I don't understand this ADS = more skilled meme
    All that the things you mentioned do is change the pace of the game. A faster paced game isn't a less skilled game. You still needed to have good aim, and more so than this game you needed to be maneuverable.
    I'm not trying to be mean but all of your 2015front criticisms just seem like generic talking points made by people who don't really know what they're saying.

    I found BF2 to require much more precision than the first. Just because you’re a BF15 fanboy doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about.

    Again: You hate infantry-play. You've consistently disrespected infantry players on this thread. Why should anyone trust you on competitiveness and gunplay? It's clearly not your forte. You're forte is casual button-mashing and requesting nerfs to heroes which crush you on HvV. Stick to that. You're clueless when it comes to infantry.

    Infantry players won't take you seriously. You've expressed distaste for infantry-play. Leave the BF15 vs BF17 infantry debate to people who actually care about infantry.

    LOL...

    Nice try. You know nothing about me. I play quite a lot of trooper modes, and do so quite well.

    I’d love to come across you in any game mode and have you observe my “casual button mashing”. And last I checked I don’t get “crushed” by anyone. Particularly heroes.

    Where have I ever shown or expressed distaste for infantry play? I enjoy GA and other modes plenty. I merely fought back at the statement that heroes should be forgotten and left behind in a Star Wars title.

  • The problem is the lack of variety.

    HvV is trash. It really is. The die-hard HvV fans can defend it all they want, but it's trash. Target system, runners, map exploits, button Mashers, clueless teammates, terrible spawn points, suicide players to avoid you getting kills, players constantly quitting, constant AFK, players suicide as target, tons of clans will steamroll you but if you patiently learn to outplay them, they quit. One of the items listed above will be found in 9/10 HvV matches. It's really just unplayable in my opinion. I've tried and tried and tried to get into it. I've forced myself to learn counters. But it's just horribly designed.

    Hero Showdown is fine. Many of the HvV problems bleed into HS. But Hero Showdown isn't a Marquee game mode. It's a side game. It's a nice little change of pace in between other game modes. It's like the BF2015 "Droid Run" mode. Fun for a round or two, then back to real combat.

    That's it for hero modes. Pathetic. So many of us seasoned players feel like our only option is Galactic Assault if we want a hero. I like that Galactic Assault includes a little of everything and I think it should stay that way.

    But the other problems are the fact that there are no true trooper only modes. All modes carry an enforcer option. The Enforcers immediately just become a "toned down" hero. Yawn. Might as well play Galactic Assault. So here's what I think should happen.

    1. Make Heroes Unleashed a permanent separate mode. This would give us a real HvV option for once.
    2. Bring back BF2015 Cargo. Make it trooper only. No Enforcers or heroes.
    3. Remove Enforcers from Extraction.
    4. Add more Galactic Assault maps
    5. Add more Extraction maps
    6. Add more heroes
    7. Add more skins (heroes and troopers)
    8. Add Rogue One content for crying out loud
    9. Add more weapons
    10. Add more star cards

    I think it should go in that order. That's the path of least resistance for the dev team and we will all get what we want, eventually.

    Unfortunately, those things are unlikely to happen. The only hope is in Battlefront 3.
    My name is Bob

  • DICE should remove the target system from HvV too
    My name is Bob

  • Relmets wrote: »
    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer

    And you call what we have now any better? everybody still running the exact same build except now it's near universal with nearly 0 diversity. Yes, knock the jet pack bacta guard combat all you wan't. It still took more skill to pull off than anything this games trooper play has to offer. All that's changed is the ttk has dramatically increased and a lot of counterplay has been removed. I'm sorry, but 2015 had better trooper play than this game hands down without a doubt. If that was like using a printer then BF2017 is like hammering a nail, and many scrubs here fail at even that.

    After seeing this, I'm not surprised you're on-board with removing HvV. You couldn't even make the top 5! Tough scene to say the least.

    vfx74ut1ioud.png
    bkk6nuvxy5lh.png

    Wow, you sure got me there, except for the fact that isn't my handle nor would I ever be caught dead getting wrekt by the likes of you lmao or your bodyguards. At best you'd break even with me in your lobby, probably go negative. Smart for you to cover your friends account because you'd definitely be on the list of the try hards I make sure to t-bag and emote every time I kill.
    Agree OP, Infantry needs way more focus than it is getting currently. I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.
    @AbyssWatch3r who hurt you? Do you need me to call your parents?

    @UrbanGlitch who hurt me? I almost know for a fact you get wrekt by Heroes and that's the prime reason you advocate for this crazed focus on trooper only nonsense. Sorry pal, but trooper play is trash. It's way too casual for there to be any real focus on it over Heroes and new modes. Any scrub can kill anybody now simply because enough in the last game complained that everybody was running Jet pack and bacta and they we're getting lased by the ee-4/3. The class system sucks in comparison, it's dumbed down. How many times to I have to repeat this point? Playing a Hero brings some of that semblance of counter play back simply because you don't immediately die now because some kid throws a grenade at his feet just as you gun him down. That was BF2105 I'd roll with shield up, or Just Jet out and laugh, but now you just die. Lmao, clearly this is just lost on you all. Really watching you all defend it is laughable.

    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer


    xjzy15ft8uco.gif

    I beg to differ sir, you mean the heroes of bf2 I think. And yes, the skill gap was greater by miles in 15 compared to bf2.

    Yeah except the arcade level easy mode which is Blasters. They were so ridiculously easy to shoot it wasn’t even funny.

    You didn’t even need to ADS to slaughter people across the map. Recoils was practically nil. Overall trooper play was more bland than this iteration. So if you think it took skill to shoot compared to BF17 it’s no wonder you guys are haters.

    The only plus I’d say is it was a little less buggy.

    I don't understand this ADS = more skilled meme
    All that the things you mentioned do is change the pace of the game. A faster paced game isn't a less skilled game. You still needed to have good aim, and more so than this game you needed to be maneuverable.
    I'm not trying to be mean but all of your 2015front criticisms just seem like generic talking points made by people who don't really know what they're saying.

    I found BF2 to require much more precision than the first. Just because you’re a BF15 fanboy doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about.

    Again: You hate infantry-play. You've consistently disrespected infantry players on this thread. Why should anyone trust you on competitiveness and gunplay? It's clearly not your forte. You're forte is casual button-mashing and requesting nerfs to heroes which crush you on HvV. Stick to that. You're clueless when it comes to infantry.

    Infantry players won't take you seriously. You've expressed distaste for infantry-play. Leave the BF15 vs BF17 infantry debate to people who actually care about infantry.

    LOL...

    Nice try. You know nothing about me. I play quite a lot of trooper modes, and do so quite well.

    I’d love to come across you in any game mode and have you observe my “casual button mashing”. And last I checked I don’t get “crushed” by anyone. Particularly heroes.

    Where have I ever shown or expressed distaste for infantry play? I enjoy GA and other modes plenty. I merely fought back at the statement that heroes should be forgotten and left behind in a Star Wars title.

    You wrote the following:

    "If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes."
    My name is Bob

  • Phantom_A320
    1527 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Relmets wrote: »
    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer

    And you call what we have now any better? everybody still running the exact same build except now it's near universal with nearly 0 diversity. Yes, knock the jet pack bacta guard combat all you wan't. It still took more skill to pull off than anything this games trooper play has to offer. All that's changed is the ttk has dramatically increased and a lot of counterplay has been removed. I'm sorry, but 2015 had better trooper play than this game hands down without a doubt. If that was like using a printer then BF2017 is like hammering a nail, and many scrubs here fail at even that.

    After seeing this, I'm not surprised you're on-board with removing HvV. You couldn't even make the top 5! Tough scene to say the least.

    vfx74ut1ioud.png
    bkk6nuvxy5lh.png

    Wow, you sure got me there, except for the fact that isn't my handle nor would I ever be caught dead getting wrekt by the likes of you lmao or your bodyguards. At best you'd break even with me in your lobby, probably go negative. Smart for you to cover your friends account because you'd definitely be on the list of the try hards I make sure to t-bag and emote every time I kill.
    Agree OP, Infantry needs way more focus than it is getting currently. I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.
    @AbyssWatch3r who hurt you? Do you need me to call your parents?

    @UrbanGlitch who hurt me? I almost know for a fact you get wrekt by Heroes and that's the prime reason you advocate for this crazed focus on trooper only nonsense. Sorry pal, but trooper play is trash. It's way too casual for there to be any real focus on it over Heroes and new modes. Any scrub can kill anybody now simply because enough in the last game complained that everybody was running Jet pack and bacta and they we're getting lased by the ee-4/3. The class system sucks in comparison, it's dumbed down. How many times to I have to repeat this point? Playing a Hero brings some of that semblance of counter play back simply because you don't immediately die now because some kid throws a grenade at his feet just as you gun him down. That was BF2105 I'd roll with shield up, or Just Jet out and laugh, but now you just die. Lmao, clearly this is just lost on you all. Really watching you all defend it is laughable.

    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer


    xjzy15ft8uco.gif

    I beg to differ sir, you mean the heroes of bf2 I think. And yes, the skill gap was greater by miles in 15 compared to bf2.

    Yeah except the arcade level easy mode which is Blasters. They were so ridiculously easy to shoot it wasn’t even funny.

    You didn’t even need to ADS to slaughter people across the map. Recoils was practically nil. Overall trooper play was more bland than this iteration. So if you think it took skill to shoot compared to BF17 it’s no wonder you guys are haters.

    The only plus I’d say is it was a little less buggy.

    I don't understand this ADS = more skilled meme
    All that the things you mentioned do is change the pace of the game. A faster paced game isn't a less skilled game. You still needed to have good aim, and more so than this game you needed to be maneuverable.
    I'm not trying to be mean but all of your 2015front criticisms just seem like generic talking points made by people who don't really know what they're saying.

    I found BF2 to require much more precision than the first. Just because you’re a BF15 fanboy doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about.

    Again: You hate infantry-play. You've consistently disrespected infantry players on this thread. Why should anyone trust you on competitiveness and gunplay? It's clearly not your forte. You're forte is casual button-mashing and requesting nerfs to heroes which crush you on HvV. Stick to that. You're clueless when it comes to infantry.

    Infantry players won't take you seriously. You've expressed distaste for infantry-play. Leave the BF15 vs BF17 infantry debate to people who actually care about infantry.

    LOL...

    Nice try. You know nothing about me. I play quite a lot of trooper modes, and do so quite well.

    I’d love to come across you in any game mode and have you observe my “casual button mashing”. And last I checked I don’t get “crushed” by anyone. Particularly heroes.

    Where have I ever shown or expressed distaste for infantry play? I enjoy GA and other modes plenty. I merely fought back at the statement that heroes should be forgotten and left behind in a Star Wars title.

    You wrote the following:

    "If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes."

    Great kid, don’t get cocky...


    Some fine research you’ve done here.

    Now where does it say I dispise troopers? Again, I’ll repeat, I am opposed to heroes being forgotten as the title of this thread states “Heroes are no longer the priority”.

    There are far to many bugs for them not to be considered a priority. And after all, it’s still Star Wars wether anybody likes it or not. If you want trooper content fix the content we have first.
  • Great post, @Devlin21. All three areas deserve content.
    My name is Bob

  • The problem is the lack of variety.

    HvV is trash. It really is. The die-hard HvV fans can defend it all they want, but it's trash. Target system, runners, map exploits, button Mashers, clueless teammates, terrible spawn points, suicide players to avoid you getting kills, players constantly quitting, constant AFK, players suicide as target, tons of clans will steamroll you but if you patiently learn to outplay them, they quit. One of the items listed above will be found in 9/10 HvV matches. It's really just unplayable in my opinion. I've tried and tried and tried to get into it. I've forced myself to learn counters. But it's just horribly designed.

    Hero Showdown is fine. Many of the HvV problems bleed into HS. But Hero Showdown isn't a Marquee game mode. It's a side game. It's a nice little change of pace in between other game modes. It's like the BF2015 "Droid Run" mode. Fun for a round or two, then back to real combat.

    That's it for hero modes. Pathetic. So many of us seasoned players feel like our only option is Galactic Assault if we want a hero. I like that Galactic Assault includes a little of everything and I think it should stay that way.

    But the other problems are the fact that there are no true trooper only modes. All modes carry an enforcer option. The Enforcers immediately just become a "toned down" hero. Yawn. Might as well play Galactic Assault. So here's what I think should happen.

    1. Make Heroes Unleashed a permanent separate mode. This would give us a real HvV option for once.
    2. Bring back BF2015 Cargo. Make it trooper only. No Enforcers or heroes.
    3. Remove Enforcers from Extraction.
    4. Add more Galactic Assault maps
    5. Add more Extraction maps
    6. Add more heroes
    7. Add more skins (heroes and troopers)
    8. Add Rogue One content for crying out loud
    9. Add more weapons
    10. Add more star cards

    I think it should go in that order. That's the path of least resistance for the dev team and we will all get what we want, eventually.

    Unfortunately, those things are unlikely to happen. The only hope is in Battlefront 3.

    This is why I don't want BF3 until 2024. Because I believe EA and Dice will be a distant memory for the Star Wars Battlefront franchise and whoever gets the next deal will do better.

    Of course, there's still room for redemption. But that will require:

    1. Darth Maul with cybernetic legs skin
    2. Chewie with C-3PO on his back and talking
    3. A minimum of 3 additional Luke skins
    4. Another Vader skin
    5. A true trooper only mode (preferably cargo or Extraction)
    6. Heroes Unleashed permanent separate mode
    7. Proper Rogue One content
    8. At least 4 additional Galactic Assault maps
    9. At least 3 additional Extraction maps
    10. Conquest isn't poop
    11. Saber Combat is fixed and becomes fun
    12. Target system is removed
    13. Stats become available
    14. We get a trench run map
    15. I'd love to play as R2D2 again so maybe just that whole Deathstar DLC gets imported

    Do all that, I'll have my faith restored.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer

    And you call what we have now any better? everybody still running the exact same build except now it's near universal with nearly 0 diversity. Yes, knock the jet pack bacta guard combat all you wan't. It still took more skill to pull off than anything this games trooper play has to offer. All that's changed is the ttk has dramatically increased and a lot of counterplay has been removed. I'm sorry, but 2015 had better trooper play than this game hands down without a doubt. If that was like using a printer then BF2017 is like hammering a nail, and many scrubs here fail at even that.

    After seeing this, I'm not surprised you're on-board with removing HvV. You couldn't even make the top 5! Tough scene to say the least.

    vfx74ut1ioud.png
    bkk6nuvxy5lh.png

    Wow, you sure got me there, except for the fact that isn't my handle nor would I ever be caught dead getting wrekt by the likes of you lmao or your bodyguards. At best you'd break even with me in your lobby, probably go negative. Smart for you to cover your friends account because you'd definitely be on the list of the try hards I make sure to t-bag and emote every time I kill.
    Agree OP, Infantry needs way more focus than it is getting currently. I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.
    @AbyssWatch3r who hurt you? Do you need me to call your parents?

    @UrbanGlitch who hurt me? I almost know for a fact you get wrekt by Heroes and that's the prime reason you advocate for this crazed focus on trooper only nonsense. Sorry pal, but trooper play is trash. It's way too casual for there to be any real focus on it over Heroes and new modes. Any scrub can kill anybody now simply because enough in the last game complained that everybody was running Jet pack and bacta and they we're getting lased by the ee-4/3. The class system sucks in comparison, it's dumbed down. How many times to I have to repeat this point? Playing a Hero brings some of that semblance of counter play back simply because you don't immediately die now because some kid throws a grenade at his feet just as you gun him down. That was BF2105 I'd roll with shield up, or Just Jet out and laugh, but now you just die. Lmao, clearly this is just lost on you all. Really watching you all defend it is laughable.

    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer


    xjzy15ft8uco.gif

    I beg to differ sir, you mean the heroes of bf2 I think. And yes, the skill gap was greater by miles in 15 compared to bf2.

    Yeah except the arcade level easy mode which is Blasters. They were so ridiculously easy to shoot it wasn’t even funny.

    You didn’t even need to ADS to slaughter people across the map. Recoils was practically nil. Overall trooper play was more bland than this iteration. So if you think it took skill to shoot compared to BF17 it’s no wonder you guys are haters.

    The only plus I’d say is it was a little less buggy.

    I don't understand this ADS = more skilled meme
    All that the things you mentioned do is change the pace of the game. A faster paced game isn't a less skilled game. You still needed to have good aim, and more so than this game you needed to be maneuverable.
    I'm not trying to be mean but all of your 2015front criticisms just seem like generic talking points made by people who don't really know what they're saying.

    I found BF2 to require much more precision than the first. Just because you’re a BF15 fanboy doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about.

    Again: You hate infantry-play. You've consistently disrespected infantry players on this thread. Why should anyone trust you on competitiveness and gunplay? It's clearly not your forte. You're forte is casual button-mashing and requesting nerfs to heroes which crush you on HvV. Stick to that. You're clueless when it comes to infantry.

    Infantry players won't take you seriously. You've expressed distaste for infantry-play. Leave the BF15 vs BF17 infantry debate to people who actually care about infantry.

    LOL...

    Nice try. You know nothing about me. I play quite a lot of trooper modes, and do so quite well.

    I’d love to come across you in any game mode and have you observe my “casual button mashing”. And last I checked I don’t get “crushed” by anyone. Particularly heroes.

    Where have I ever shown or expressed distaste for infantry play? I enjoy GA and other modes plenty. I merely fought back at the statement that heroes should be forgotten and left behind in a Star Wars title.

    You wrote the following:

    "If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes."

    Great kid, don’t get cocky...


    Some fine research you’ve done here.

    Now where does it say I dispose troopers? Again, I’ll repeat, I am opposed to heroes being forgotten as the title of this thread states “Heroes are no longer the priority”.

    There are far to many bugs for them not to be considered a priority. And after all, it’s still Star Wars wether anybody likes it or not. If you want trooper content fix the content we have.

    The quote shows your distaste for infantry. Like it or not, infantry-play is an important part of Battlefront. It always has been.

    The movies aren't completely about heroes either. Infantry is featured throughout. Particularly on Rogue One.

    Infantry fans deserve content. Same goes for hero and SA players. Unfortunately, infantry and SA were largely abandoned. I do sympathize with @Empire_TW. HvV players deserve changes too. The target system should be long gone.
    My name is Bob

  • Phantom_A320
    1527 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Relmets wrote: »
    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer

    And you call what we have now any better? everybody still running the exact same build except now it's near universal with nearly 0 diversity. Yes, knock the jet pack bacta guard combat all you wan't. It still took more skill to pull off than anything this games trooper play has to offer. All that's changed is the ttk has dramatically increased and a lot of counterplay has been removed. I'm sorry, but 2015 had better trooper play than this game hands down without a doubt. If that was like using a printer then BF2017 is like hammering a nail, and many scrubs here fail at even that.

    After seeing this, I'm not surprised you're on-board with removing HvV. You couldn't even make the top 5! Tough scene to say the least.

    vfx74ut1ioud.png
    bkk6nuvxy5lh.png

    Wow, you sure got me there, except for the fact that isn't my handle nor would I ever be caught dead getting wrekt by the likes of you lmao or your bodyguards. At best you'd break even with me in your lobby, probably go negative. Smart for you to cover your friends account because you'd definitely be on the list of the try hards I make sure to t-bag and emote every time I kill.
    Agree OP, Infantry needs way more focus than it is getting currently. I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.
    @AbyssWatch3r who hurt you? Do you need me to call your parents?

    @UrbanGlitch who hurt me? I almost know for a fact you get wrekt by Heroes and that's the prime reason you advocate for this crazed focus on trooper only nonsense. Sorry pal, but trooper play is trash. It's way too casual for there to be any real focus on it over Heroes and new modes. Any scrub can kill anybody now simply because enough in the last game complained that everybody was running Jet pack and bacta and they we're getting lased by the ee-4/3. The class system sucks in comparison, it's dumbed down. How many times to I have to repeat this point? Playing a Hero brings some of that semblance of counter play back simply because you don't immediately die now because some kid throws a grenade at his feet just as you gun him down. That was BF2105 I'd roll with shield up, or Just Jet out and laugh, but now you just die. Lmao, clearly this is just lost on you all. Really watching you all defend it is laughable.

    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer


    xjzy15ft8uco.gif

    I beg to differ sir, you mean the heroes of bf2 I think. And yes, the skill gap was greater by miles in 15 compared to bf2.

    Yeah except the arcade level easy mode which is Blasters. They were so ridiculously easy to shoot it wasn’t even funny.

    You didn’t even need to ADS to slaughter people across the map. Recoils was practically nil. Overall trooper play was more bland than this iteration. So if you think it took skill to shoot compared to BF17 it’s no wonder you guys are haters.

    The only plus I’d say is it was a little less buggy.

    I don't understand this ADS = more skilled meme
    All that the things you mentioned do is change the pace of the game. A faster paced game isn't a less skilled game. You still needed to have good aim, and more so than this game you needed to be maneuverable.
    I'm not trying to be mean but all of your 2015front criticisms just seem like generic talking points made by people who don't really know what they're saying.

    I found BF2 to require much more precision than the first. Just because you’re a BF15 fanboy doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about.

    Again: You hate infantry-play. You've consistently disrespected infantry players on this thread. Why should anyone trust you on competitiveness and gunplay? It's clearly not your forte. You're forte is casual button-mashing and requesting nerfs to heroes which crush you on HvV. Stick to that. You're clueless when it comes to infantry.

    Infantry players won't take you seriously. You've expressed distaste for infantry-play. Leave the BF15 vs BF17 infantry debate to people who actually care about infantry.

    LOL...

    Nice try. You know nothing about me. I play quite a lot of trooper modes, and do so quite well.

    I’d love to come across you in any game mode and have you observe my “casual button mashing”. And last I checked I don’t get “crushed” by anyone. Particularly heroes.

    Where have I ever shown or expressed distaste for infantry play? I enjoy GA and other modes plenty. I merely fought back at the statement that heroes should be forgotten and left behind in a Star Wars title.

    You wrote the following:

    "If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes."

    Great kid, don’t get cocky...


    Some fine research you’ve done here.

    Now where does it say I dispose troopers? Again, I’ll repeat, I am opposed to heroes being forgotten as the title of this thread states “Heroes are no longer the priority”.

    There are far to many bugs for them not to be considered a priority. And after all, it’s still Star Wars wether anybody likes it or not. If you want trooper content fix the content we have.

    The quote shows your distaste for infantry. Like it or not, infantry-play is an important part of Battlefront. It always has been.

    The movies aren't completely about heroes either. Infantry is featured throughout. Particularly on Rogue One.

    Infantry fans deserve content. Same goes for hero and SA players. Unfortunately, infantry and SA were largely abandoned. I do sympathize with @Empire_TW. HvV players deserve changes too. The target system should be long gone.

    I fail to see how me asking where I said I despise troopers is me showing distaste for troopers. Lol
  • Relmets wrote: »
    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer

    And you call what we have now any better? everybody still running the exact same build except now it's near universal with nearly 0 diversity. Yes, knock the jet pack bacta guard combat all you wan't. It still took more skill to pull off than anything this games trooper play has to offer. All that's changed is the ttk has dramatically increased and a lot of counterplay has been removed. I'm sorry, but 2015 had better trooper play than this game hands down without a doubt. If that was like using a printer then BF2017 is like hammering a nail, and many scrubs here fail at even that.

    After seeing this, I'm not surprised you're on-board with removing HvV. You couldn't even make the top 5! Tough scene to say the least.

    vfx74ut1ioud.png
    bkk6nuvxy5lh.png

    Wow, you sure got me there, except for the fact that isn't my handle nor would I ever be caught dead getting wrekt by the likes of you lmao or your bodyguards. At best you'd break even with me in your lobby, probably go negative. Smart for you to cover your friends account because you'd definitely be on the list of the try hards I make sure to t-bag and emote every time I kill.
    Agree OP, Infantry needs way more focus than it is getting currently. I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.
    @AbyssWatch3r who hurt you? Do you need me to call your parents?

    @UrbanGlitch who hurt me? I almost know for a fact you get wrekt by Heroes and that's the prime reason you advocate for this crazed focus on trooper only nonsense. Sorry pal, but trooper play is trash. It's way too casual for there to be any real focus on it over Heroes and new modes. Any scrub can kill anybody now simply because enough in the last game complained that everybody was running Jet pack and bacta and they we're getting lased by the ee-4/3. The class system sucks in comparison, it's dumbed down. How many times to I have to repeat this point? Playing a Hero brings some of that semblance of counter play back simply because you don't immediately die now because some kid throws a grenade at his feet just as you gun him down. That was BF2105 I'd roll with shield up, or Just Jet out and laugh, but now you just die. Lmao, clearly this is just lost on you all. Really watching you all defend it is laughable.

    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer


    xjzy15ft8uco.gif

    I beg to differ sir, you mean the heroes of bf2 I think. And yes, the skill gap was greater by miles in 15 compared to bf2.

    Yeah except the arcade level easy mode which is Blasters. They were so ridiculously easy to shoot it wasn’t even funny.

    You didn’t even need to ADS to slaughter people across the map. Recoils was practically nil. Overall trooper play was more bland than this iteration. So if you think it took skill to shoot compared to BF17 it’s no wonder you guys are haters.

    The only plus I’d say is it was a little less buggy.

    I don't understand this ADS = more skilled meme
    All that the things you mentioned do is change the pace of the game. A faster paced game isn't a less skilled game. You still needed to have good aim, and more so than this game you needed to be maneuverable.
    I'm not trying to be mean but all of your 2015front criticisms just seem like generic talking points made by people who don't really know what they're saying.

    I found BF2 to require much more precision than the first. Just because you’re a BF15 fanboy doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about.

    Again: You hate infantry-play. You've consistently disrespected infantry players on this thread. Why should anyone trust you on competitiveness and gunplay? It's clearly not your forte. You're forte is casual button-mashing and requesting nerfs to heroes which crush you on HvV. Stick to that. You're clueless when it comes to infantry.

    Infantry players won't take you seriously. You've expressed distaste for infantry-play. Leave the BF15 vs BF17 infantry debate to people who actually care about infantry.

    LOL...

    Nice try. You know nothing about me. I play quite a lot of trooper modes, and do so quite well.

    I’d love to come across you in any game mode and have you observe my “casual button mashing”. And last I checked I don’t get “crushed” by anyone. Particularly heroes.

    Where have I ever shown or expressed distaste for infantry play? I enjoy GA and other modes plenty. I merely fought back at the statement that heroes should be forgotten and left behind in a Star Wars title.

    You wrote the following:

    "If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes."

    Great kid, don’t get cocky...


    Some fine research you’ve done here.

    Now where does it say I dispose troopers? Again, I’ll repeat, I am opposed to heroes being forgotten as the title of this thread states “Heroes are no longer the priority”.

    There are far to many bugs for them not to be considered a priority. And after all, it’s still Star Wars wether anybody likes it or not. If you want trooper content fix the content we have.

    The quote shows your distaste for infantry. Like it or not, infantry-play is an important part of Battlefront. It always has been.

    The movies aren't completely about heroes either. Infantry is featured throughout. Particularly on Rogue One.

    Infantry fans deserve content. Same goes for hero and SA players. Unfortunately, infantry and SA were largely abandoned. I do sympathize with @Empire_TW. HvV players deserve changes too. The target system should be long gone.

    I fail to see how me asking where I dispise troopers is me showing distaste for troopers. Lol

    I'm referring to the quote I referenced earlier.
    My name is Bob

  • Relmets wrote: »
    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer

    And you call what we have now any better? everybody still running the exact same build except now it's near universal with nearly 0 diversity. Yes, knock the jet pack bacta guard combat all you wan't. It still took more skill to pull off than anything this games trooper play has to offer. All that's changed is the ttk has dramatically increased and a lot of counterplay has been removed. I'm sorry, but 2015 had better trooper play than this game hands down without a doubt. If that was like using a printer then BF2017 is like hammering a nail, and many scrubs here fail at even that.

    After seeing this, I'm not surprised you're on-board with removing HvV. You couldn't even make the top 5! Tough scene to say the least.

    vfx74ut1ioud.png
    bkk6nuvxy5lh.png

    Wow, you sure got me there, except for the fact that isn't my handle nor would I ever be caught dead getting wrekt by the likes of you lmao or your bodyguards. At best you'd break even with me in your lobby, probably go negative. Smart for you to cover your friends account because you'd definitely be on the list of the try hards I make sure to t-bag and emote every time I kill.
    Agree OP, Infantry needs way more focus than it is getting currently. I do not play this game for heroes and I never watched the movies for the heroes, its all about the Infantry for me.
    @AbyssWatch3r who hurt you? Do you need me to call your parents?

    @UrbanGlitch who hurt me? I almost know for a fact you get wrekt by Heroes and that's the prime reason you advocate for this crazed focus on trooper only nonsense. Sorry pal, but trooper play is trash. It's way too casual for there to be any real focus on it over Heroes and new modes. Any scrub can kill anybody now simply because enough in the last game complained that everybody was running Jet pack and bacta and they we're getting lased by the ee-4/3. The class system sucks in comparison, it's dumbed down. How many times to I have to repeat this point? Playing a Hero brings some of that semblance of counter play back simply because you don't immediately die now because some kid throws a grenade at his feet just as you gun him down. That was BF2105 I'd roll with shield up, or Just Jet out and laugh, but now you just die. Lmao, clearly this is just lost on you all. Really watching you all defend it is laughable.

    I hope you’re not saying Battlefront 2015 had better gunplay/mechanics etc... that games gunplay was terrible and skill less. Being good in BF2015 was like saying you were pro at using a printer


    xjzy15ft8uco.gif

    I beg to differ sir, you mean the heroes of bf2 I think. And yes, the skill gap was greater by miles in 15 compared to bf2.

    Yeah except the arcade level easy mode which is Blasters. They were so ridiculously easy to shoot it wasn’t even funny.

    You didn’t even need to ADS to slaughter people across the map. Recoils was practically nil. Overall trooper play was more bland than this iteration. So if you think it took skill to shoot compared to BF17 it’s no wonder you guys are haters.

    The only plus I’d say is it was a little less buggy.

    I don't understand this ADS = more skilled meme
    All that the things you mentioned do is change the pace of the game. A faster paced game isn't a less skilled game. You still needed to have good aim, and more so than this game you needed to be maneuverable.
    I'm not trying to be mean but all of your 2015front criticisms just seem like generic talking points made by people who don't really know what they're saying.

    I found BF2 to require much more precision than the first. Just because you’re a BF15 fanboy doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about.

    Again: You hate infantry-play. You've consistently disrespected infantry players on this thread. Why should anyone trust you on competitiveness and gunplay? It's clearly not your forte. You're forte is casual button-mashing and requesting nerfs to heroes which crush you on HvV. Stick to that. You're clueless when it comes to infantry.

    Infantry players won't take you seriously. You've expressed distaste for infantry-play. Leave the BF15 vs BF17 infantry debate to people who actually care about infantry.

    LOL...

    Nice try. You know nothing about me. I play quite a lot of trooper modes, and do so quite well.

    I’d love to come across you in any game mode and have you observe my “casual button mashing”. And last I checked I don’t get “crushed” by anyone. Particularly heroes.

    Where have I ever shown or expressed distaste for infantry play? I enjoy GA and other modes plenty. I merely fought back at the statement that heroes should be forgotten and left behind in a Star Wars title.

    You wrote the following:

    "If that’s what you think of Star Wars why are you even playing this game?

    Literally Star Wars is ABOUT heroes. Star Wars only exists today to tell the story of the Skywalker family (in case you didn’t know they are some of the, if not, THE most powerful force users in the galaxy).

    So yeah, it is and always will be about the heroes."

    Great kid, don’t get cocky...


    Some fine research you’ve done here.

    Now where does it say I dispose troopers? Again, I’ll repeat, I am opposed to heroes being forgotten as the title of this thread states “Heroes are no longer the priority”.

    There are far to many bugs for them not to be considered a priority. And after all, it’s still Star Wars wether anybody likes it or not. If you want trooper content fix the content we have.

    The quote shows your distaste for infantry. Like it or not, infantry-play is an important part of Battlefront. It always has been.

    The movies aren't completely about heroes either. Infantry is featured throughout. Particularly on Rogue One.

    Infantry fans deserve content. Same goes for hero and SA players. Unfortunately, infantry and SA were largely abandoned. I do sympathize with @Empire_TW. HvV players deserve changes too. The target system should be long gone.

    Funny thing is, Starfighter Assault is probably the best part of this whole game. Gorgeous, fun, exciting, more or less balanced. Of course they added a spawn timer which was a ridiculous idea and has kept me from playing more recently. And there's still a lag issue on occasion. But overall, it feels like the most complete mode.

    And it's fairly obvious it's been abandoned. I mean, when they added a Starfighter to Hero Starfighters, that isn't even a hero ship, but didn't/couldn't add it to SA, didn't it kinda sound like they were saying, "well, it's worse than we thought. New content for Starfighter Assault has been cancelled. Any appropriate maps we had for this amazing Starfighter have been officially cancelled, therefore our only option is to add it to this other mode, which obviously wasn't our original intention." I don't know. That's what it seemed like to me. All Starfighter Assault content expectations were lost that day. Very sad.
  • After Anakin and Darth Tyranus come out should be no more heroes for a while. My opinion only should be this order for future updates
    1. Weapons
    2. Maps/Modes
    3. Starcards
    4. Heroes
    They should do balance updates buffs/nerfs/bug fixes for every content update but I'd have to be dreaming to think they'd do any of this stuff except for Hero updates...
  • We can't have more than 1 priority?
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    We can't have more than 1 priority?

    You need more than one dev to have more than one priority
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Eddie7417 wrote: »
    After Anakin and Darth Tyranus come out should be no more heroes for a while. My opinion only should be this order for future updates
    1. Weapons
    2. Maps/Modes
    3. Starcards
    4. Heroes
    They should do balance updates buffs/nerfs/bug fixes for every content update but I'd have to be dreaming to think they'd do any of this stuff except for Hero updates...

    wise
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    We can't have more than 1 priority?

    You need more than one dev to have more than one priority
    Well what would you call "trooper content", do you mean skins and weapons?
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    We can't have more than 1 priority?

    You need more than one dev to have more than one priority
    Well what would you call "trooper content", do you mean skins and weapons?
    did you even read my initial post
    S7Klvgg.jpg
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    We can't have more than 1 priority?

    You need more than one dev to have more than one priority
    Well what would you call "trooper content", do you mean skins and weapons?
    did you even read my initial post
    S7Klvgg.jpg
    My fault. Maybe after Anakin and Dooku are released, it will leave players who mainly play as heroes satisfied. So then they could start actively making trooper content, then after a lot of it is released, they can start actively working on both trooper and hero content, with bug fixes mixed in.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • BucksawBoushh
    5114 posts Member
    edited January 10
    The problem is the lack of variety.

    HvV is trash. It really is. The die-hard HvV fans can defend it all they want, but it's trash. Target system, runners, map exploits, button Mashers, clueless teammates, terrible spawn points, suicide players to avoid you getting kills, players constantly quitting, constant AFK, players suicide as target, tons of clans will steamroll you but if you patiently learn to outplay them, they quit. One of the items listed above will be found in 9/10 HvV matches. It's really just unplayable in my opinion. I've tried and tried and tried to get into it. I've forced myself to learn counters. But it's just horribly designed.

    Hero Showdown is fine. Many of the HvV problems bleed into HS. But Hero Showdown isn't a Marquee game mode. It's a side game. It's a nice little change of pace in between other game modes. It's like the BF2015 "Droid Run" mode. Fun for a round or two, then back to real combat.

    That's it for hero modes. Pathetic. So many of us seasoned players feel like our only option is Galactic Assault if we want a hero. I like that Galactic Assault includes a little of everything and I think it should stay that way.

    But the other problems are the fact that there are no true trooper only modes. All modes carry an enforcer option. The Enforcers immediately just become a "toned down" hero. Yawn. Might as well play Galactic Assault. So here's what I think should happen.

    1. Make Heroes Unleashed a permanent separate mode. This would give us a real HvV option for once.
    2. Bring back BF2015 Cargo. Make it trooper only. No Enforcers or heroes.
    3. Remove Enforcers from Extraction.
    4. Add more Galactic Assault maps
    5. Add more Extraction maps
    6. Add more heroes
    7. Add more skins (heroes and troopers)
    8. Add Rogue One content for crying out loud
    9. Add more weapons
    10. Add more star cards

    I think it should go in that order. That's the path of least resistance for the dev team and we will all get what we want, eventually.

    Unfortunately, those things are unlikely to happen. The only hope is in Battlefront 3.

    This is why I don't want BF3 until 2024. Because I believe EA and Dice will be a distant memory for the Star Wars Battlefront franchise and whoever gets the next deal will do better.

    Of course, there's still room for redemption. But that will require:

    1. Darth Maul with cybernetic legs skin
    2. Chewie with C-3PO on his back and talking
    3. A minimum of 3 additional Luke skins
    4. Another Vader skin
    5. A true trooper only mode (preferably cargo or Extraction)
    6. Heroes Unleashed permanent separate mode
    7. Proper Rogue One content
    8. At least 4 additional Galactic Assault maps
    9. At least 3 additional Extraction maps
    10. Conquest isn't poop
    11. Saber Combat is fixed and becomes fun
    12. Target system is removed
    13. Stats become available
    14. We get a trench run map
    15. I'd love to play as R2D2 again so maybe just that whole Deathstar DLC gets imported

    Do all that, I'll have my faith restored.

    All of these would bring me much joy. Well, I don't care for #6 but I fully support it being made its own mode for those that do enjoy it. Maybe they could tweak it slightly so it's at least a little bit unique to GA?

    Ps. Well said @Dash We all want what's best for the game and it's longevity, otherwise we wouldn't be here. Also, that list of priorities :p
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Dash wrote: »
    I find myself again having friends on both sides of a topic. So I will keep this neutral and simple, no tags, no quotes.

    This game, is more than just 1 thing at it's core. It is many things at once. Which is it's Gift, as well as it's Curse. To truly excel as a game, you must first be a Game Type. This game falls under several categories. Which again, as I stated, is it's gift & curse. It is a Hero Game, an FPS Shooter/Trooper Game, and a Star Fighter Game all wrapped into one giant Star Wars title/Franchise. We each grew up remembering a different Franchise/Game iteration that we fell in love with and cherished. For me it was the Original OG 2 games on PC, then the 2015 one, now this one. But for me it started back then when I was 18/19 (About to be 34) and never stopped. Battlefront has been my FAVORITE Franchise for shooters since that first game. Heck, Any game that's Star Wars.

    Now, as for how this has been handled thus far within the topics comments section, is not up to me to judge, nor do I care who says what to who'm. However, I will give my neutral opinion on this game within the following statements:

    I personally prefer this game to 2015. The ONLY things I miss from 2015 is the Map builds, the Game Modes, and the Heroes/Villains from there that we do not have here in this iteration. However, I LOVE this game even more so even without all that. Why? Because I simply just do. We all simply prefer something over the other and that varies between each of us preference/opinion wise.

    Now as for "What this game is", "What's Priority", to "ME", it comes down to the following:

    AFTER CQ/Anakin, I would like to see Primary Developmental focus to SOLELY be set on Bug fixes, Adding Weapons (also allowing default weapons to have mods/attachments), More Skins for Heroes/Villains Lacking, More Maps & Game Modes, THEN Adding more Heroes/Villains of the Blaster Archetype (Blaster Heroes/Villains). I would prefer all of that in that EXACT order of Priority. In order of importance to "ME"/My opinion etc. Also adding more content to SA & Arcade would be nice. No doubt about that.

    Now let's focus on the comments thus far. I have seen a variety since this post opened. Some are comedic, some are toxic, some are bait, some are down right hilarious, others (Few), actually reference the topic itself. Let's talk about that shall we. I see that some people think Heroes are Priority/Should have their bugs fixed being a priority. Those people are NOT wrong. I also see others who think Weapons and Maps/Modes are priority. Those people aren't wrong either. Do you all see where i'm going with this so far? You should, because i'm making this crystal clear. ALL OF IT is a Priority. The ONLY difference is our opinions on what should be handled first. And that's ok. Nothing wrong with having a varied opinion on the importance of something. Happens in life Daily. Relationships, Friendships, Work etc. It's normal.

    What would make this a heck of a lot easier would be Forum Polls, Reddit Polls, Twitter Polls, ALLOWING us to publicly vote once per account, on what should come next down the pipeline/what should be developed next as PRIORITY. Bugs need fixing ASAP, there is no vote needed for the obvious. We all know the bugs have got to go. Aside from that, having the ability to Vote as a whole, across multiple social media platforms, would give the Developers a Guage on Interest/Importance. But there's only one problem with this solution itself, PEOPLE accepting the results. That comes down to the individuals themselves. Can people handle something they don't want/aren't interested in taking priority over their preference!? Maybe, maybe not. But one thing is for sure, this game is alive still because of the Players/Fans. The interest still shown, the talks still had, the fights still fought, the Players STILL Playing.

    So keep talking, fighting, debating, creating hero concepts, asking for more modes, weapons, maps, content, Keep Playing. It doesn't hurt. If anything, it Helps.


    Just my two cents.

    May the Force be with Us, Always.
    Very well said Dash. No matter what, this game will only be improving, and this community are the ones that help build it to become something special.
    #TogetherBrothers
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • "By all means, Continue the Discourse"

    ont6trone7h7.gif

    Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't actually referencing you, you've made it abundantly clear your not here for an actual debate, and judging by yet another post of irrelevant pixels devoid of a point, maybe you already understood that. At any rate we're indeed done here.

    As for you @Relmets please, don't put words in my mouth or misconstrue what I say. When attacked I will counter, I'm terribly sorry if that irks you or anybody else, don't be combative and neither will I. It's a simple as that.

    I won't waste my time dismantling your wall of text so I'll keep it short and simple so you can follow. I disagree with your premise on putting Heroes on the back burner and turning a total focus of the limited dev resources on infantry alone. It's a terrible idea flat out.

    I've stated plenty of reasons throughout the thread, from the lack of counterplay, the map linearity, grenade spam, nearly no build diversity, the presence of class system itself, the need for heroes in the first place to push objectives, the overall casual approach to the game, ect. are the pitfalls that hold infantry combat back and make it disinteresting and stale. Feel free to disagree, but by the very nature of this threads existence clearly your not satisfied either and can admit theres problems.

    That's why I'm reiterating the idea that anything outside of a total overhaul that completely unearths the core of infantry play to begin with, is just a total waste of time if it doesn't target these exact issues. Neglecting the release of any new Heroes, which are pretty much paramount to GA and undoubtedly the new conquest mode, all in favor of some bowtie additions to troopers, maybe a 20 v 20 mode with a couple more ported weapons, is just the wrong approach.

    You say that your not for Heroes not getting any focus, but at the same time pushing the idea that troopers should be at the forefront of 2019. I'm here to simply say no to the latter.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I think this says it all. The troopers all pretty much trade kill only, unless you camp. I definitely want this to change before I care about new skins or heroes - whatever form that needs to take - just do something.

    Thank you, that in a nutshell is pretty much what's wrong with trooper play. I just think that any real change will end up being another 6 months of barebones content like it was with the progression system, and like the progression system not actually being all that really awe inspiring and frankly a waste of time, especially after literal months of waiting.

    When the lead Hero producer says he can't even add new cards to the game, It just makes me think the entire games built on a house of cards that makes any real overhaul impossible. We're finally getting some decent content and the ability to play Jango in a couple months will definitely be worth the wait at least compared to axing future Heroes and getting some unmeaningful trooper content that ends up not solving anything but adding some more window-dressing to an already dilapidated system.

    Sure, add a 20v20 large scale mode, maybe even port over a couple weapons form BF2015, but to say no more dedicated work on Hero Skins(ben Kenobi, Robed maul, Old versions of Han, Luke, ect.) or even Heroes(Jango, Padme, Ashoka, Jyn, Krennic, ect) is just blatantly a bad idea and will probably just finish this game off.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I will... You've been getting your precious trooper content. You got Extraction. You got Geonosis two months before HvV got it. You keep getting your skins. We've been waiting on new skins for launch heroes for some time.

    We have been getting skins and what else??
    No new weapons since launch no new enforcers (droideka would be awesome)
    Heroes have got new maps new skins
    Hero combat has changed over 5 times.
    2 new heroes coming in months

    Battlefront is everything starwars not just heroes. Otherwise it would be called "Jedi duels"
  • lerodemmy wrote: »


    The feeling is beyond mutual
    That reminded me of an old post of yours I had to dig up:
    9c8bff87f446a6bac78d35042c1244c2.png
    That was a special day. Thanks again!

    That's another thing that kinda ties in to my main point here, these new Heroes they've been releasing since Finn/phasma are also a bit underwhelming and I always end up swapping back to the actually viable ones when I'm actually trying to win matches. Palpatine, Bossk, and maybe yoda are really the only Heroes the Devs actually built correctly. They all have excellent cards that aren't marginal and actually fundamentally change how they can be played in GA. While everyone else is stuck with 1/2 lackluster abilities and cards that are either way too situational or flat out worse than others.

    It's the same deal with troopers with everyone running the exact same build save one or two ability cards, unless its a grey level one / new player. It really is just a mess that probably can't even be fixed unless they wen't through and individual tweaked each and every card in the game to a proper level. Given Dices track record, unless you see wide spread complaining with 4-5 pages every day, they're not going to bother.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Eddie7417 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I will... You've been getting your precious trooper content. You got Extraction. You got Geonosis two months before HvV got it. You keep getting your skins. We've been waiting on new skins for launch heroes for some time.
    Hero combat has changed over 5 times.
    Hero combat gets worse every time they change it. It's a joke right now, and it's likely about to get even worse very soon.

    Fixing bugs and hero combat should be the two biggest priorities. Reverting to the original dodge would go a long way toward accomplishing that.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I will... You've been getting your precious trooper content. You got Extraction. You got Geonosis two months before HvV got it. You keep getting your skins. We've been waiting on new skins for launch heroes for some time.

    Extraction has reinforcements. Infantry players want one without heroes or reinforcements.

    Geonosis is a GA map. That mode has heroes and reinforcements.
    My name is Bob

  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Eddie7417 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I will... You've been getting your precious trooper content. You got Extraction. You got Geonosis two months before HvV got it. You keep getting your skins. We've been waiting on new skins for launch heroes for some time.
    Hero combat has changed over 5 times.
    Hero combat gets worse every time they change it. It's a joke right now, and it's likely about to get even worse very soon.

    Fixing bugs and hero combat should be the two biggest priorities. Reverting to the original dodge would go a long way toward accomplishing that.

    DICE changed the original dodge system because some lightsaber mains complained about blaster heroes and infantry players killing them too often
    My name is Bob

  • Relmets wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    The only thing I can't really agree with is unlocking the default weapons. What's the point of having 6 different weapons that actually play the same and have no mods? Why would you pick one over another unless you want to be era-accurate? And if they change the stats... Why not just add new weapons with these new stats (maybe just porting some models from BF2015 that are not in the game)?

    The illusion of choice might work for a few days, but once you are bored of switching weapons with no real change, you'll feel again that we only have 4 real choices for each class.
    Refer to bfloo and Xen for more info, they put it nicely-

    -But just to clarify @TheScape I think adding them as is, without any changes, while maybe a little underwhelming, wouldn't do any harm either. Some people use weapons solely based on aesthetic reasons (I know I do), and being able to use a particular default outside of the corresponding faction seems like a no brainer (it's even depicted heavily in the official game artwork). For instance I love the look and sound of the E-11, and I'd like to use it more often. Even if it's identical to the other defaults in the way it behaves.

    And regardless if the benefit is marginal, the cost is negligible. How much effort can it take to rearrange the availability of weapons that are already made and in the game?

    After thinking about it, I guess I can agree with you if they more or less balance all 6 for each class keeping them "similar" in terms of TTK and they let you choose any of the 6 for each era for a given class from the start. But if they do that, I hope they at least add mods, to make them even more "special".
    What I am not sure about is the "negligible cost". I have a feeling that playtesting and QA is what takes most of the development time from what Ben has implied a few times. I'm also thinking about Crait HvV map which was "finished" but only needed some lighting tweaks and we are still waiting for it...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Empire_TW
    6426 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Relmets wrote: »

    Jinkies!

    @Empire_TW how can this threat be dealt with :flushed:

    What should happen?

    Finish giving us Doughku and Anakin. I don't care if The Clone Wars has begun, it's been going on long enough and has only been holding this game back.

    If the new big mode is only one map then just cancel it (plans on porting supremacy over should replace it since that would be something for all maps and an alternative to GA, add turning point too, might as well, a mode is pointless if it doesn't have maps. Patch after that should focus on bug fixes. Patch after that should remove the target system, add regular cargo, and do something that hints that SFA will get attention (TIE Interceptor buff for instance) so that all 3 crowds get something. After that, the content should be made that appeases everyone. Porting modes and maps from last game would be the most ideal way to go.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    @Empire_TW I can accept that the heroes have been sub par, and that hero players haven't been living it up and having a great time while other players got neglected, but it still is content, and it still accounts for the majority of additional content. Now what I WANT is for all players to be appeased, but I think we can agree that isn't very likely. Not because it is too ideal of a wish, but because DICE's delivery has been less than ideal. When I ask them to focus on troopers, it's not because I don't want more hero content in the game, it's because I'm guessing that if they focus on anything hero related troopers will get nothing. Again. No weapons, or new equipment, or skins.

    As I said before I will be happy to be proven wrong by the devs, and see plenty of content rolling out, but as long as I believe it's only one or the other I'm going to advocate for troopers on the grounds that heroes have had some new additions.

    Well again, 2 of those 4 heroes were probably mostly done before launch and the silly lizard robot probably too has been worked on since before launch. Obi-Wan is trash and has recycled abilities. Grievous is a buggy broken mess and Obi-Wan is just a meme, yes this is content but this is on par with something like them adding more blasters but they are all inferior to the ones we got now. A hero was also removed from the game for a month.

    I agree that everyone should be compensated, but as it currently stands the Clone Wars fans are the only ones they care about for whatever reason.
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I'm gonna use an a screenshot instead of quoting all that
    y3o5loexlt5e.png

    The "herolords" did get 4 heroes

    Finn and Phasma who were probably mostly done before launch, Grievous where there are many signs that he was being worked on prior to launch, and Obi-Wan who is mostly a joke. I'm sure Hero players would have been more than happy to not have the overpowered mess that is Grievous or the pile of worthlessness that is Obi-Wan. Phasma is also a meme of a hero and not a match of HvV goes by where a joke about Finn's inability to fight most heroes isn't said.

    I'm just saying that it's not like the Hero people are getting all the attention or are the reason that infantry play is given the shaft. Yeah, it is dumb that they can't make regular cargo but it is also dumb that the devs disregarded the remove target system threads or for reasons unknown refuse to fix exploit spots on maps. The hero combat in this game is utter trash aswell. In a way, you came across as blaming the hero players for them focusing the game like this
    dnnw3mpvuikh.png
    Heroes aren't the priority, Clone Wars content is.

    Obi wan is a pretty good hero
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    @Empire_TW I can accept that the heroes have been sub par, and that hero players haven't been living it up and having a great time while other players got neglected, but it still is content, and it still accounts for the majority of additional content. Now what I WANT is for all players to be appeased, but I think we can agree that isn't very likely. Not because it is too ideal of a wish, but because DICE's delivery has been less than ideal. When I ask them to focus on troopers, it's not because I don't want more hero content in the game, it's because I'm guessing that if they focus on anything hero related troopers will get nothing. Again. No weapons, or new equipment, or skins.

    As I said before I will be happy to be proven wrong by the devs, and see plenty of content rolling out, but as long as I believe it's only one or the other I'm going to advocate for troopers on the grounds that heroes have had some new additions.

    Well again, 2 of those 4 heroes were probably mostly done before launch and the silly lizard robot probably too has been worked on since before launch. Obi-Wan is trash and has recycled abilities. Grievous is a buggy broken mess and Obi-Wan is just a meme, yes this is content but this is on par with something like them adding more blasters but they are all inferior to the ones we got now. A hero was also removed from the game for a month.

    I agree that everyone should be compensated, but as it currently stands the Clone Wars fans are the only ones they care about for whatever reason.
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I'm gonna use an a screenshot instead of quoting all that
    y3o5loexlt5e.png

    The "herolords" did get 4 heroes

    Finn and Phasma who were probably mostly done before launch, Grievous where there are many signs that he was being worked on prior to launch, and Obi-Wan who is mostly a joke. I'm sure Hero players would have been more than happy to not have the overpowered mess that is Grievous or the pile of worthlessness that is Obi-Wan. Phasma is also a meme of a hero and not a match of HvV goes by where a joke about Finn's inability to fight most heroes isn't said.

    I'm just saying that it's not like the Hero people are getting all the attention or are the reason that infantry play is given the shaft. Yeah, it is dumb that they can't make regular cargo but it is also dumb that the devs disregarded the remove target system threads or for reasons unknown refuse to fix exploit spots on maps. The hero combat in this game is utter trash aswell. In a way, you came across as blaming the hero players for them focusing the game like this
    dnnw3mpvuikh.png
    Heroes aren't the priority, Clone Wars content is.

    Obi wan is a pretty good hero

    Obi wan is a pretty good hero dk why it messed up
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »

    Jinkies!

    @Empire_TW how can this threat be dealt with :flushed:

    What should happen?

    Finish giving us Doughku and Anakin. I don't care if The Clone Wars has begun, it's been going on long enough and has only been holding this game back.

    If the new big mode is only one map then just cancel it (plans on porting supremacy over should replace it since that would be something for all maps and an alternative to GA, add turning point too, might as well, a mode is pointless if it doesn't have maps. Patch after that should focus on bug fixes. Patch after that should remove the target system, add regular cargo, and do something that hints that SFA will get attention (TIE Interceptor buff for instance) so that all 3 crowds get something. After that, the content should be made that appeases everyone. Porting modes and maps from last game would be the most ideal way to go.

    The clone wars has brought a lot of people back. Obi wan, anakin, etc I doubt the gcw could've revived this game or do as well
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Eddie7417 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I will... You've been getting your precious trooper content. You got Extraction. You got Geonosis two months before HvV got it. You keep getting your skins. We've been waiting on new skins for launch heroes for some time.
    Hero combat has changed over 5 times.
    Hero combat gets worse every time they change it. It's a joke right now, and it's likely about to get even worse very soon.

    Fixing bugs and hero combat should be the two biggest priorities. Reverting to the original dodge would go a long way toward accomplishing that.

    DICE changed the original dodge system because some lightsaber mains complained about blaster heroes and infantry players killing them too often

    I know why they changed it. We wanted only trooper roll to be nerfed, not dodge as a whole. This game has been a broken mess ever since that update.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I agree we need to focus on more infantry weapons and skins and such, but it would be a waste IMO to use them on the same maps. Give us some new maps and for each map release, instead of a pair of heroes, how about some new skins and weapons? Similar to how BF2015 did with their DLCs.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I will... You've been getting your precious trooper content. You got Extraction. You got Geonosis two months before HvV got it. You keep getting your skins. We've been waiting on new skins for launch heroes for some time.

    Extraction has reinforcements. Infantry players want one without heroes or reinforcements.

    Geonosis is a GA map. That mode has heroes and reinforcements.
    this is what I'd say to that as well

    TheScape wrote: »
    What I am not sure about is the "negligible cost". I have a feeling that playtesting and QA is what takes most of the development time from what Ben has implied a few times. I'm also thinking about Crait HvV map which was "finished" but only needed some lighting tweaks and we are still waiting for it...

    I suppose you're talking about the weapons with added mods here, which is a notable point, but my personal idea for the faction defaults is just to unlock them as is. In which case none of that should apply. I still like the idea of adding mods to them but unlocking them faster might be more beneficial. And mods can hopefully be added later if that happens.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »

    Jinkies!

    @Empire_TW how can this threat be dealt with :flushed:

    What should happen?

    Finish giving us Doughku and Anakin. I don't care if The Clone Wars has begun, it's been going on long enough and has only been holding this game back.

    If the new big mode is only one map then just cancel it (plans on porting supremacy over should replace it since that would be something for all maps and an alternative to GA, add turning point too, might as well, a mode is pointless if it doesn't have maps. Patch after that should focus on bug fixes. Patch after that should remove the target system, add regular cargo, and do something that hints that SFA will get attention (TIE Interceptor buff for instance) so that all 3 crowds get something. After that, the content should be made that appeases everyone. Porting modes and maps from last game would be the most ideal way to go.

    Certainly seems like a reasonable compromise
    The_Count wrote: »
    I agree we need to focus on more infantry weapons and skins and such, but it would be a waste IMO to use them on the same maps. Give us some new maps and for each map release, instead of a pair of heroes, how about some new skins and weapons? Similar to how BF2015 did with their DLCs.

    I want both, but want infantry weapons and cards more. But I see how maps are getting stale too.
    [+3748 posts]
  • The_Count wrote: »
    I agree we need to focus on more infantry weapons and skins and such, but it would be a waste IMO to use them on the same maps. Give us some new maps and for each map release, instead of a pair of heroes, how about some new skins and weapons? Similar to how BF2015 did with their DLCs.

    You should've quit while you was still alive dooku!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!