criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

SWBF15 Content When? Comment if you want it

Prev13
AHugeHeckinNerd
230 posts Member
edited January 10
cglpdxl84c9r.jpg

In my months of scouring the forums I've noticed more than a few dozen people commenting about the inclusion of maps, weapons and heroes from the first game.

Some even claiming in the current game, already exists assets, so I'm left to ask formally, will we ever receive these? I understand the limitations of the DICE star wars team given the overwhelming amount of content demand and their team size so in the wake of a firm no, I wouldn't be shocked. I personally would like to know if this task would be A LOT to ask, if the assets from the first game would have to undergo some major reconstruction or flat out have to be recreated because if not, this would be the easiest way to fill the game with a boatload of content, something most if not all games could benefit from.

So does anyone know the verdict? Can we get an a definivite answer once and for all?

There is so much content from the first I truly believe a flood of it all would certainly only stand to please the majority of the fanbase, especially the OT die hard fans who are enduring the TCW season. A port like this would solidify the foundation of the game, making new projects and heroes just icing on the cake.
jxve9nbbrh8j.jpg
frglufpp8yiz.jpg
8nawlfyn0ecu.jpg
ydqbrbcna8i4.jpeg
Post edited by AHugeHeckinNerd on

Replies

• I'm sure if they would port over everything in March and just give us game fixes we would all be good and happy till July. Which gives them enough time to work on December content. But wait that's too easy.

This team never heard of K. I. *****. (keep it simple stupid) or Simon.
  • So you can't have two S. Wow sjw strikes again?

Done.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    They should start porting right away, they actually should have started porting a long time ago.

Yeah, like right around Solo season when we got a little of it, if not earlier

Guess we needed all the power ranger colours, broken saber heroes and another unbalanced clown map first, tho.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• This has to be done!
  • It would delay them from creating new content though.

I personally would rather have 3 - 4 ports per year over 1 new map.

That wouldn't be the ratio though. You say that they have already made the maps, but you forget that they would also have to reanimate them, since BF2015's graphics aren't as good as this one's.

That wouldn't be the ratio though. You say that they have already made the maps, but you forget that they would also have to reanimate them, since BF2015's graphics aren't as good as this one's.

The character models might need some work but the maps really do hold up. Now I wouldn't want to pull them away from new content so much but it stands to reason that the game needs a stronger backbone.

Also I'm certain the only new content we will get is going to be TCW. So how long till it's no longer proportional if we aren't already there? This game should have built off of everything already in the last, not scrapped it all.
  • 2015 was another game, putting into BF2 would only be a reminder of how badly the built this game.

It is still a safe assumption that we would have more if they ported instead of starting from scratch.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Never. Sorry but BF2015 runs on an engine that is not in any shape compatiable with this version.

Due to how BF2 runs, it’s engine is using tri-triangular rendering injector. While BF1 runs of the same engine as Swtor, which is in part a older engine modeled of Snowdrift engine architecture.

It’s like comparing Gamebryo with anvil 4.0. That’s how far apart the engines are
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    2015 was another game, putting into BF2 would only be a reminder of how badly the built this game.

Respectfully disagree. It is a treasure trove of maps, heroes, weapons and customisation for both the Empire and Rebellion. A lot of those features should've made it in, not the gameplay mechanics

BF2015 WA/SP maps would be greatly appreciated, they are better than this game's Jakku, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Theed.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Turning point Jakku > GA Jakku imo
    2015 was another game, putting into BF2 would only be a reminder of how badly the built this game.

Respectfully disagree. It is a treasure trove of maps, heroes, weapons and customisation for both the Empire and Rebellion. A lot of those features should've made it in, not the gameplay mechanics

Ok, you're dreaming if you think they'll add any of that content though.
    SWymsa wrote: »

We most likely aren't, the clone wars fans have decided that for us.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Never. Sorry but BF2015 runs on an engine that is not in any shape compatiable with this version.

Due to how BF2 runs, it’s engine is using tri-triangular rendering injector. While BF1 runs of the same engine as Swtor, which is in part a older engine modeled of Snowdrift engine architecture.

It’s like comparing Gamebryo with anvil 4.0. That’s how far apart the engines are

wat?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostbite_(game_engine)

Should've been obvious they're on the same engine with how many animations are re-used.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

?
    Why would you want it ported, weapons for example, they completely ruined the TL50 just as an example.

5ixs62rn01uj.gif
    Empire_TW wrote: »

?
    Why would you want it ported, weapons for example, they completely ruined the TL50 just as an example.

Because content is content, TL50 is just different, it is one of the best blasters in this game. They ported Administrators palace, Jabba's palace, and even part of survivors of Endor for Ewok hunt and those work just fine.
    hojevrxvarht.png

5ixs62rn01uj.gif

Corporate interests are built on maximum profit for minimum effort :wink::smiley:

5ixs62rn01uj.gif

Corporate interests are built on maximum profit for minimum effort :wink::smiley:

That's what I'm saying or rather asking, if porting it all over and using those "frozen" assets already in campaign are easier than building new things from the ground up because if so, then please do so by all means.

?

Because content is content, TL50 is just different, it is one of the best blasters in this game. They ported Administrators palace, Jabba's palace, and even part of survivors of Endor for Ewok hunt and those work just fine.

Maybe when Iden is using it but it's buffed then. TL50 is not the best blaster in the game, the base heavy blasters are better :neutral:
  • Doesn't Disney have to approve content that goes into the game? I am guessing if they didn't need approval things could be ported every couple of patches.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Flooding the virtual market of battlefront 2 with the customization and hero content from the first game stands to be one of the few ways to make the game profitable again. The only way to actually force any player to spend actual money on credits is to first break down through the million credits we all have saved up otherwise we can comfortably buy every hero skin and trooper customization because of the drip feed.
  • Doesn't Disney have to approve content that goes into the game? I am guessing if they didn't need approval things could be ported every couple of patches.

I never heard of this but Disney owned BF15 so I'm not sure why they wouldn't be okay with most of its content returning.

did they approve the microtransactions?
  • Zyder
    455 posts Member
    No, no, no!!!

I don't want Battlefront II to be a remake's remake. I want original content. I want prequel content and sequel content too. Of course I would like to see Scarif and other maps from Star Wars, but do we really need THE SAME THINGS they did back in 2015?? Really?? It is easy job but I prefer original things.

If you miss BF2015 then just play BF2015.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    No, no, no!!!

I don't want Battlefront II to be a remake's remake. I want original content. I want prequel content and sequel content too. Of course I would like to see Scarif and other maps from Star Wars, but do we really need THE SAME THINGS they did back in 2015?? Really?? It is easy job but I prefer original things.

"If you want 2005 battlefront play 2005 battlefront!"

I want content from all eras too, friend. The SAME THINGS I'm referring to are the maps, weapon variety and trooper customization. How can anyone say that they don't want more options to change their rebel species? Or they don't want ANY Empire side customization? Not even shoulder pauldrons? Im not talking about bringing in everything but it doesn't make sense to leave most of it behind.

There's literally nothing to grind for in this game which I find odd considering the creators of this game.
  • I feel like after this Clone Wars cycle they should focus on 2015 maps and junk. maybe even heroes. Jynn and Krennic heroes could be cool again but re worked.
    -A convoluted signature

• TheElGuapo007
    16 posts Member
    edited January 10
    I miss fighting in the tree tops on Endor.

I miss taking down the walkers and having it come crashing down on you while you are emote cheering, rather than 1 second after the walker HP is zero the game ends and the menu unsatisfyingly pops up and you are lucky if you get to see the walker actually fall at all as the screen greys and blurs out.

Wasn’t that the awesome part in the movie when it Luke took it down? Seeing it come crashing down and rallying the cheering troops! Isn’t that the MAIN objective of GA, to take down the walker? So what use are the emotes, other than taunting post kill?

I don’t even need all the levels ported in, just 1-2 every couple months, then swap 1 of them out for a new port. Rinse and repeat.
  • I don't think they should put a large effort to porting content considering they've had manpower problems just getting the current DLC out. Focus on new content in 2019 that has a chance to revive interest in this game.

If they do port content, I think the following should happen:
    1. Bring in all skins from the 2015 game.
    2. Bring Supremacy game mode to this game. Of all the modes, I would think this is the one that would be the easiest to fit into the current Galactic Assault maps.
    3. Bring Scarif DLC into the game including Jyn Erso and Krennic.
    4. Bring more of the Extraction maps into the game.

Then have a fan poll in fall 2019 to see what fans want ported into the game after the inevitable Episode 9 content.
  • I don't think they should put a large effort to porting content considering they've had manpower problems just getting the current DLC out. Focus on new content in 2019 that has a chance to revive interest in this game.

2. Bring Supremacy game mode to this game. Of all the modes, I would think this is the one that would be the easiest to fit into the current Galactic Assault maps.

Then have a fan poll in fall 2019 to see what fans want ported into the game after the inevitable Episode 9 content.

If manpower is the issue I think porting would be the most effective in terms of content produced to time spent working
  • There's some old content I really would like to see coming back to BF2. My most wanted things:

- Scarif (for GA & SA & small modes)
    - Death Star trench run (for SA)
    - Sullust refinery & pipelines (Extraction/Blast/Arcade)
    - Bespin carbon freeze chamber (Blast/Arcade/hero modes)
    - Jyn & Krennic as new heroes
    - all skins
    - all weapons

There are some more maps which would be nice to see at some point, but are not mandatory additions for me (e.g. Jakku WA, Sullust WA, Bespin WA, Endor swamp crash site, Hoth Ice caves, Sullust sulfur fields, Tatooine dune sea exchange, etc)
  • Yes please. I so want Jyn, Krennic, Shore Troopers, And Scarif in the game so badly.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2829 posts Member
    edited January 10
    I’m of course in, put me down for a donation.
    Zyder wrote: »
    No, no, no!!!

That’s fine as long as we know we’re getting new maps, but here’s the thing, we don’t. I for one would take 5 ported classic maps over one new map, that’s just me though.

If manpower is the issue I think porting would be the most effective in terms of content produced to time spent working

Porting doesn't necessarily mean less work or quick work. Otherwise, they'd probably have all this stuff in the game already.

Ports also aren't usually newsworthy or the kind of thing that draws new players. Not unless its some all time classic stuff like if COD brings in maps from COD4 or Battlefield ports in classic BF2 maps, etc. Nothing in Battlefront 2015 rates anywhere near on that level lol.

Since this game is trying to turn itself around and get as much positive press as possible, new content has to be the priority I would think. Then do some ports.

Porting doesn't necessarily mean less work or quick work. Otherwise, they'd probably have all this stuff in the game already.

Ports also aren't usually newsworthy or the kind of thing that draws new players. Not unless its some all time classic stuff like if COD brings in maps from COD4 or Battlefield ports in classic BF2 maps, etc. Nothing in Battlefront 2015 rates anywhere near on that level lol.

Since this game is trying to turn itself around and get as much positive press as possible, new content has to be the priority I would think. Then do some ports.

Can't necessarily agree on your first point, neither of us can possibly know EA's motives behind any of their decisions for this game.

While it's not newsworthy when you say "we're bringing back 2015's game", if you market it as a return of several maps, skins and heroes, you'll get attention. Every thread is asking for trooper customization for the Empire and rebels, something we already previously had. Also rogue one will grab some attention I'm sure.

I agree that they should do new content, for sure but I would like this as well. New maps and heroes seem to come at a drip pace, I can only imagine porting would be significant content drops at a time.
  • Jyn & Krennic

Scarif

Dengar & Greedo

Death Star I & R2D2

Emperor Royal Guards

Rebel Pilot skin

Bespin Carbon Freeze Chambers

Cloud City

Sullust

Jawas & Sandcrawler.... Utini!!

:love::love:

Can't necessarily agree on your first point, neither of us can possibly know EA's motives behind any of their decisions for this game.

While it's not newsworthy when you say "we're bringing back 2015's game", if you market it as a return of several maps, skins and heroes, you'll get attention. Every thread is asking for trooper customization for the Empire and rebels, something we already previously had. Also rogue one will grab some attention I'm sure.

I agree that they should do new content, for sure but I would like this as well. New maps and heroes seem to come at a drip pace, I can only imagine porting would be significant content drops at a time.

I think Rogue One could grab some attention because a lot of people never played it. A lot of people left the 2015 game long before Rogue One DLC came out. They were on Titanfall 2, Battlefied 1, or COD.

But I think they need the kind of stuff that can turn heads with a trailer like Geonosis did. This new Conquest mode should be able to do the same. New content like Mustafar with Vader's castle for Rogue one would do that. Something they can dress up that is a brand new experience.

Skins and cosmetics I don't think needs to be in dedicated drops. That's the sort of thing that could trickle out on a weekly basis really. How long does it take to make a skin? lol

?

Maybe when Iden is using it but it's buffed then. TL50 is not the best blaster in the game, the base heavy blasters are better :neutral:

What do you think I use to get Iden? TL-50 is great, I used to use the heavy's base blaster but it is just too inferior.
    Zyder wrote: »
    No, no, no!!!

It takes them a year to make "original" content, and it doesn't even turn out to be good.

Geonosis is in a limbo of balance issues, Obi-Wan is worthless, and Grievous is a buggy overpowered (at least against other heroes) mess.
    hojevrxvarht.png

I think Rogue One could grab some attention because a lot of people never played it. A lot of people left the 2015 game long before Rogue One DLC came out. They were on Titanfall 2, Battlefied 1, or COD.

But I think they need the kind of stuff that can turn heads with a trailer like Geonosis did. This new Conquest mode should be able to do the same. New content like Mustafar with Vader's castle for Rogue one would do that. Something they can dress up that is a brand new experience.

Skins and cosmetics I don't think needs to be in dedicated drops. That's the sort of thing that could trickle out on a weekly basis really. How long does it take to make a skin? lol

Skins on a weekly basis? Hella unlikely, let's remember how much manpower they left lol