criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

Replies

• You should've quit while you was still alive dooku!

Fighting off the entire Jedi security force would have been difficult. But now that they are gone, defeating you will be an easy task.
  • bfloo
    15023 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Eddie7417 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I will... You've been getting your precious trooper content. You got Extraction. You got Geonosis two months before HvV got it. You keep getting your skins. We've been waiting on new skins for launch heroes for some time.
    Hero combat has changed over 5 times.
    Hero combat gets worse every time they change it. It's a joke right now, and it's likely about to get even worse very soon.

Fixing bugs and hero combat should be the two biggest priorities. Reverting to the original dodge would go a long way toward accomplishing that.

They buff and nerf based off community response, when has that ever worked?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Well this thread blew up over night
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    edited January 10
    True. Obiwan and Grievous have tempted me to come back, but since 90% of the time id be playing as the same old troopers I wont
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • d0kRX
    1409 posts Member
    Such as a trooper only gamemode modeled after original cargo!
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    Is there another game out there for PS4(Lego doesn't count) where i can play as Vader, Mace, Yoda, Jango?......yeah, that's why people are requesting more heroes. There are plenty of games atm to satisfy infantry players. However, this game needs to be fixed first.

Where are these games?
    Games where i can play as an imperial trooper defending hoth or endor. A CIS droid attacking naboo. Etc.

Let me guess
    Call of duty.
    ggi3j75c9k88.gif
    That's a **** argument and you know it.
    That's like saying, ok you want a hero game?
    Go play mortal Kombat.
    Even better Galaxy of heroes.
    See how dumb that is?

This game is not a hero only game.
    It's not an infantry only game
    It's not a Starfighter only game.
    It's all 3 in one. And all 3 should get content. Not one over the other, all 3 getting content. That's how it's supposed to work.

Amen

Yes. Agreed. This bickering is pointless.
  • I'm in the middle of this debate, but I just want to point out how banal the "go play CoD" meme is to anyone who enjoys SW trooper play.

Could easily flip it and say the same to hero mains. You can stomp low tier units with a stronger one in other games.

>CoD has juggernauts and other killstreak boosts to gain an advantage and slaughter other players
    >Battlefield has vehicles and 1 even had its own infantry heroes in the form of the heavily armored elite class pickups (flamethrower, melee trench raider, sentry etc.) that are capable of similar if not greater killstreak potential to SWBF heroes.

But you lot don't want to play armoured WW1 guy. You want to play Vader/Rey/Luke/Han/Leia/insert preferred character.

Same way trooper players want to be an Imperial Stormtrooper instead of a German one. Really that hard to understand?

Yes. Well said, @Admiral_Xen !
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »

Jinkies!

@Empire_TW how can this threat be dealt with :flushed:

What should happen?

Finish giving us Doughku and Anakin. I don't care if The Clone Wars has begun, it's been going on long enough and has only been holding this game back.

If the new big mode is only one map then just cancel it (plans on porting supremacy over should replace it since that would be something for all maps and an alternative to GA, add turning point too, might as well, a mode is pointless if it doesn't have maps. Patch after that should focus on bug fixes. Patch after that should remove the target system, add regular cargo, and do something that hints that SFA will get attention (TIE Interceptor buff for instance) so that all 3 crowds get something. After that, the content should be made that appeases everyone. Porting modes and maps from last game would be the most ideal way to go.

The clone wars has brought a lot of people back. Obi wan, anakin, etc I doubt the gcw could've revived this game or do as well

Content is what brings people back and people shouldn't have waited over a year for a single GA map, clone wars fans have also blinded phrased things like the Geonosis patch which was one of the worst patches for this game. I also don't necessarily want people who judge content just on what era it is to come back honestly.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Jinkies!

What should happen?

Finish giving us Doughku and Anakin. I don't care if The Clone Wars has begun, it's been going on long enough and has only been holding this game back.

If the new big mode is only one map then just cancel it (plans on porting supremacy over should replace it since that would be something for all maps and an alternative to GA, add turning point too, might as well, a mode is pointless if it doesn't have maps. Patch after that should focus on bug fixes. Patch after that should remove the target system, add regular cargo, and do something that hints that SFA will get attention (TIE Interceptor buff for instance) so that all 3 crowds get something. After that, the content should be made that appeases everyone. Porting modes and maps from last game would be the most ideal way to go.

The clone wars has brought a lot of people back. Obi wan, anakin, etc I doubt the gcw could've revived this game or do as well

Content is what brings people back and people shouldn't have waited over a year for a single GA map, clone wars fans have also blinded phrased things like the Geonosis patch which was one of the worst patches for this game. I also don't necessarily want people who judge content just on what era it is to come back honestly.

True content brings people back but the popularity of the clone wars definitely helped this game out. If they bring ahsoka into & judging from the data files they are it'll bring even more people back. Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Such as a trooper only gamemode modeled after original cargo!

The dream
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Raices
    1154 posts Member

Jinkies!

What should happen?

True content brings people back but the popularity of the clone wars definitely helped this game out. If they bring ahsoka into & judging from the data files they are it'll bring even more people back. Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

Never heard of her....
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »

I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

Meant to say wouldn't. My b I should've said dengar & nub wouldn't bring people back to the game like obi & gg have. I also like ot, I like all the eras except for that horrible movie that was TLJ.
  • Raices wrote: »

Jinkies!

What should happen?

Never heard of her....

Huh that's weird she's one of the most popular female heros in star wars & played a essential part in the gcw.

Talking about Leia?
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png

Meant to say wouldn't. My b I should've said dengar & nub wouldn't bring people back to the game like obi & gg have. I also like ot, I like all the eras except for that horrible movie that was TLJ.

First off I agree with you Anakin. I like all eras, and Relmets indeed the Clone Wars are very popular, I personally want them over the OT because in Battlefront 2015, it was all OT. People want variety and many people think the same evidently, therefore they must add more Clone Wars content the era has been neglected too long, even if you hate the movie dialogue the battles on the ground were superior due to the sheer size of both armies. I will say this though the OT did have better space battles, but for ground maps we need more CW, it will revive the game and give us planets we haven’t fought on often.

I want the Clone Wars because in Battlefront 2015 we only had OT, I love the OT a lot, but the Clone Wars has been neglected to long, the ground battles in that era are superior because both sides had massive standing armies. Even if you hate the movie, people do respect the battles, the scales are immense and epic, the vehicles for both sides are plenty. People want variety and while I love the OT, we need some more CW maps. I will say this the OT has better space combat so I’d rather they add more space maps and more land maps for the CW.

Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Must ahsoka be brought up in every thread
    latest?cb=20161202105157
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

Bobba Fett is a background character from the OT.
  • Your characters are only important if they appeared in a robot chicken star wars sketch.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.

Jinkies!

What should happen?

It doesn't seem to be helping the game out.

Bugs are crippling the game, what do we get?

"That's right armored clone officers are coming"

I'll remind everyone that at the height of the Ping Site issue clone wars fans were actually saying that the clone armor looking incorrect was the biggest issue with the game.

Even if Ahoska was as popular as her fans make her out to be why would her addition in this game bring people back? Especially considering how Saber combat is bad in this game.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

So is BEYOND BALANCED BOSSK.

Bet.

Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

In the background of 3 movies yes
  • Prune face is more important than Ahsoka.

They might not know Nien’s name but they’ll certainly recognise him

And as Devlin said, he’s been in 3 movies while she’s been in 0
    lupibtw2pxmv.jpeg

Now let’s get back to the thread topic, eh?
    41wgv9glm90e.gif
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png

Bet.

Ahsoka 0

He's still in three movies.

Bet.

Ahsoka 0

How many backgrounds of movies has Ahsoka been in?
  • Dash
    11568 posts Member
    edited January 10

Bossk is more of a good example of a character branched across all platforms of Star Wars. He’s been in Films, Shows, Games, Comics, etc. he’s been everywhere. And he raised Boba in prison and while he was growing up. Bossk has a TON of impact. :wink:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• How did this thread turn into "which hero is more important to add to the game"?
  • How did this thread turn into "which hero is more important to add to the game"?

Its what every thread on what content to add turns into on here. The answer is always Prune face thow.
  • bfloo
    15023 posts Member
    Devlin21 wrote: »

Bet.

Ahsoka 0

Nien has the hue hue hue.

Right up there with the Kit Fitso smile.

Ashoka has the privilege of having lost the most fights in Star Wars, including the most by knock out. She should have Parkinsons by the OT after the beatings she took.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

While boba was/is pretty popular off of his limited appearance bossk certainly is not. He can't even sit at bobas BAMF table
  • While boba was/is pretty popular off of his limited appearance bossk certainly is not. He can't even sit at bobas BAMF table

I beg to differ.