criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What would the downside be to UNCAPPING all the skill levels in BF2?

What would the downside be to UNCAPPING all the skill levels in BF2?

Eventually everyone gets to a 40 with a hero, 70 with a trooper, etc. What's the point of capping the level? If DICE would uncap everything and make it retroactive, it would suddenly give players something to strive for again. Wouldn't you like to know what level Luke or Vader you truly have? It would add great bragging rights, wouldn't hurt competitive balance, and realistically be something DICE/EA could easily add.

Discuss...

Replies

• PJP
    61 posts Member
    I like the idea. I've maxed all my troopers, reinforcements, and most heroes. It would be nice to continue to see progress and get the credit reward for leveling up.
  • Hmm. Interesting idea for sure. Might be triggering for the completionist type player. I would like to see troopers at a clean 100 and heroes at 50 and have those stay as max rank.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • i would greatly like a purpose to play GA again game progressive wise
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Hmm. Interesting idea for sure. Might be triggering for the completionist type player. I would like to see troopers at a clean 100 and heroes at 50 and have those stay as max rank.

Triggering? Seriously? What's the point of cap, to not offend people, lol. Bro, you want to raise the limit but don't want people triggered, explain that one.
  • Jakeman wrote: »
    Hmm. Interesting idea for sure. Might be triggering for the completionist type player. I would like to see troopers at a clean 100 and heroes at 50 and have those stay as max rank.

Triggering? Seriously? What's the point of cap, to not offend people, lol. Bro, you want to raise the limit but don't want people triggered, explain that one.

Simmer down there. I was saying that NOT having a cap would be torture for the completionist type of player. Because, well, you wouldn't be able to max out your classes. Got it?

And for the record, I couldn't care less whether or not they raised the cap, left it as is or got rid of the it entirely.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TheScape
    1937 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Jakeman wrote: »
    Hmm. Interesting idea for sure. Might be triggering for the completionist type player. I would like to see troopers at a clean 100 and heroes at 50 and have those stay as max rank.

To add to what he said. I actually would prefer to have "round number" caps as he suggested. It's just a small annoyance and I can live with the current ones, but seeing 50 and 100, to me, would be better.

Instead of having "unlimited ranks" (which is impossible because eventually there would have to be a max rank), they could add some kind of prestige system after you get max rank with a unit. It's technically the same, but it's cleaner. It wouldn't hurt to also get something for each prestige level/new unit level (even if it's just the regular 1k credits).
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I surmise the cap is there to allow them to add extra content later without having to account for wild differences in existing xp levels
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »

To add to what he said. I actually would prefer to have "round number" caps as he suggested. It's just a small annoyance and I can live with the current ones, but seeing 50 and 100, to me, would be better.

Instead of having "unlimited ranks" (which is impossible because eventually there would have to be a max rank), they could add some kind of prestige system after you get max rank with a unit. It's technically the same, but it's cleaner. It wouldn't hurt to also get something for each prestige level/new unit level (even if it's just the regular 1k credits).

Do you have max credits? No, so why do it with rank. You could have an unlimited rank, what are they going to run out of numbers? In fact in addition to your unlimited experience rank , you should have a world rank.
  • There is a very real reason. Money.

They want to sell skins. Every level after maxing out your skill points nets you 1000 credits. How are they ever gonna sell crystals if we're getting 1000 credits every 2nd or 3rd game? :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Jakeman wrote: »

maybe as a compromise is that to master them you have to have them at level 70 and you can push a button or something to see the uncapped level
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • bfloo
    14440 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    There is a very real reason. Money.

They want to sell skins. Every level after maxing out your skill points nets you 1000 credits. How are they ever gonna sell crystals if we're getting 1000 credits every 2nd or 3rd game? :p

This is the only reason I can see, but with nothing to spend my credits on, does it matter?

After what I have aside for Dooku, Ani and a legendary Old Ben skin (I can hope), I have ~ 150k and just nothing I want. I got 2 or 3 cloan legions, I don't need more...
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Billkwando wrote: »
    There is a very real reason. Money.

They could stop giving out credits after the current level caps, problem solved. Honestly, who the heck is buying skins with real money? I think most people that are regular players have more credits than they can spend anyways.