criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

We need more maps not trooper content

It honestly gets tiring playing the same maps over and over. More maps are needed.

Mustafar

Coruscant- Jedi Temple

Naboo- more map types

Dathomir

Dantooine

Dagobah

Felucia

Geonosis- more map types

Maybe planets we haven't seen Dice?

Replies

  • Death Star 1, Scarif, Tantive IV, Bespin, Mimban, Jedha, Sullust, Endor 2015.

    Coruscant, Utapau, Naboo Plains, Mygeeto, Mustafar, Geonosis Arena.

    D'Qar, Ahch-To, Cantonica, Supremacy, Starkiller Forest, Jakku New Map
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

  • Maps are DESPERATELY needed. For every single mode.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Maps are needed for all game modes but especially Extraction which only has 2 maps, and Starfighter Assault which only has 6 maps.

    Also, the game isn't broken, Heroes are broken, and balance in modes that contain Heroes is horrible.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Ppong_Man12
    2735 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Would definitely love some new maps.
  • We need it all
    Maps and weapons being priority
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Maps for any mode/trooper content are basically equal in my eyes of stuff to bring in. I’d personally have more enjoyment from a new map than a new trooper weapon
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I made thread about this as well, it’s imperative for the games continuation that new maps are released. New maps are a must, they can even add new weapons for each map they release like they did in BF 2015.
  • IMO the most maps are needed for SA (just 6 maps) & Extraction (just 2) maps. Both modes are great fun but are becoming very boring because of the lack of maps. While it would be nice to get two or three more maps for GA & Blast too, those are currently the modes with the most maps, and don't require new maps as urgent as SA / Extraction IMO.

    My priority list would be:

    1) new SA maps
    2) new extraction maps
    3) large offline mode
    4) more trooper content (weapons & skins)
    5) more GA & blast maps
    6) more hero content (heroes & skins)


    And of course bug fixes, which is equally as important as all content.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Fixing the game > Maps = Hero Content > Trooper Content

    Trooper content is equally as important as Hero content. Heroes are not superior to Troopers. But yes, new maps and game fixes are desperately needed.
    In Star Wars, heroes are far superior to troopers.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Amen. Any maps from any era are needed.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Fixing the game > Maps = Hero Content > Trooper Content

    Trooper content is equally as important as Hero content. Heroes are not superior to Troopers. But yes, new maps and game fixes are desperately needed.
    In Star Wars, heroes are far superior to troopers.

    In the movies, maybe. But for a gam, both should get content.
  • Relmets
    2393 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    Maps are needed for all game modes but especially Extraction which only has 2 maps, and Starfighter Assault which only has 6 maps.

    Also, the game isn't broken, Heroes are broken, and balance in modes that contain Heroes is horrible.
    Rook008 wrote: »
    Maps are needed for all game modes but especially Extraction which only has 2 maps, and Starfighter Assault which only has 6 maps.

    Also, the game isn't broken, Heroes are broken, and balance in modes that contain Heroes is horrible.

    This^

    More maps, weapons > hero bug fixes.

    Agreed on the points about hero bugs




    Alex64 wrote: »
    And playing those maps with the same troopers?
    Trooper customization goes first.

    Powerful post

    [+3748 posts]
  • More maps are desperately needed, especially for this new Conquest game mode. They need to get that mode on as many maps as possible, and keep adding more maps. The 40 player modes are the biggest draws because they showcase more of what makes Star Wars unique over some other shooter like COD.

    Starfighter Assault could use more, but the problem with that is Criterion did SA I think. So if they aren't available, I'm not sure we can get more for that mode.

    Customizations are needed too, but those are definitely secondary. People are tired of playing the same maps, modes, and weapons. Give them new maps to play on, and they won't care what their trooper looks like.
  • Yeah, Criterion created Starfighter Assault.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Relmets
    2393 posts Member
    Trooper content is long overdue whether people want to admit it or not.

    @Jimmy89 you say maps are more important because you are a hero player and heroes have already gotten/are getting four new additions.

    Add trooper content



    [+3748 posts]
  • Strike is my Cargo 2015 fix. Desperately needs new maps. The loading equal teams bug needs sorting.....how many months now?

    New cards, the old A280C, E11 and EE-3.

  • bfloo
    15841 posts Member
    Strike is my Cargo 2015 fix. Desperately needs new maps. The loading equal teams bug needs sorting.....how many months now?

    New cards, the old A280C, E11 and EE-3.

    We have the E-11, if eor lets you be a Storm Trooper you can use it :)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Relmets
    2393 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Strike is my Cargo 2015 fix. Desperately needs new maps. The loading equal teams bug needs sorting.....how many months now?

    New cards, the old A280C, E11 and EE-3.

    We have the E-11, if eor lets you be a Storm Trooper you can use it :)
    gottem
    jPTGa2x.gif

    UNLOCK FACTION RESTRICTED DEFAULT WEAPONS
    [+3748 posts]
  • More maps we need indeed. Scarif, Mustafar, Coruscant, Death Star 1, Sullust, D'Qar, Jedha, Lothal.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    More maps are desperately needed, especially for this new Conquest game mode. They need to get that mode on as many maps as possible, and keep adding more maps. The 40 player modes are the biggest draws because they showcase more of what makes Star Wars unique over some other shooter like COD.

    Starfighter Assault could use more, but the problem with that is Criterion did SA I think. So if they aren't available, I'm not sure we can get more for that mode.

    Customizations are needed too, but those are definitely secondary. People are tired of playing the same maps, modes, and weapons. Give them new maps to play on, and they won't care what their trooper looks like.

    And playing those maps with the same troopers?
    Trooper customization goes first.

    Yes with the same troopers, they won't care. People have been playing the same maps repeatedly for over a year. Customizations won't change the fact they are fed up with the same repeated content.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    More maps are desperately needed, especially for this new Conquest game mode. They need to get that mode on as many maps as possible, and keep adding more maps. The 40 player modes are the biggest draws because they showcase more of what makes Star Wars unique over some other shooter like COD.

    Starfighter Assault could use more, but the problem with that is Criterion did SA I think. So if they aren't available, I'm not sure we can get more for that mode.

    Customizations are needed too, but those are definitely secondary. People are tired of playing the same maps, modes, and weapons. Give them new maps to play on, and they won't care what their trooper looks like.

    And playing those maps with the same troopers?
    Trooper customization goes first.

    Yes with the same troopers, they won't care. People have been playing the same maps repeatedly for over a year. Customizations won't change the fact they are fed up with the same repeated content.

    Louis-CK-Saying-Nope.gif?ssl=1
    Weapons and trooper cards would revitalize the gameplay MUCH more than a new map. Alex is right, playing in a new environment with the same old weapons and equipment is not going to be that great. I want new maps eventually but trooper content first.
    [+3748 posts]
  • bfloo
    15841 posts Member
    The way they've been releasing 1 map at a time will never revive this game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • I hope March or April is the month of new weapons.
    but the question is? What happened to the weapons devs? Will there be at least 1?
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

  • bfloo wrote: »
    The way they've been releasing 1 map at a time will never revive this game.

    Exactly, they need to release a series of maps, especially for the Clone Wars because it has a lot of movie locations which could be absolutely epic for large scale land battles, unlike the OT and ST which were more like raids.

    I’ll start easy with 3 maps the can release in a package: Utapau, Mygeeto, Salucami or Felucia. 3 maps, and I’ll be be happy, but in the TV show their were lots of planets to choose from, so any map from the TV show in place would be fine with me as well.
  • Geonosis did not even launch completely ...
    Just on January 23 will be added in some small modes.
    This way of launching content does not seem ideal
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

  • Relmets wrote: »
    Weapons and trooper cards would revitalize the gameplay MUCH more than a new map. Alex is right, playing in a new environment with the same old weapons and equipment is not going to be that great. I want new maps eventually but trooper content first.

    I get what you're saying, but I disagree. Personally, I use a weapon just long enough to see if it fits my play-style. If it does I'll continue to use it, if it doesn't, it's pretty quickly forgotten. I stick with whatever weapons and cards work for me.
    New maps provide a lot more to discover and usually takes a while longer to figure out the best way to play it to maximize my fun.
    It's all subjective though.

    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Definitely! I especially want to see umbara in every game mode
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    More maps are desperately needed, especially for this new Conquest game mode. They need to get that mode on as many maps as possible, and keep adding more maps. The 40 player modes are the biggest draws because they showcase more of what makes Star Wars unique over some other shooter like COD.

    Starfighter Assault could use more, but the problem with that is Criterion did SA I think. So if they aren't available, I'm not sure we can get more for that mode.

    Customizations are needed too, but those are definitely secondary. People are tired of playing the same maps, modes, and weapons. Give them new maps to play on, and they won't care what their trooper looks like.

    And playing those maps with the same troopers?
    Trooper customization goes first.

    Yes with the same troopers, they won't care. People have been playing the same maps repeatedly for over a year. Customizations won't change the fact they are fed up with the same repeated content.

    Louis-CK-Saying-Nope.gif?ssl=1
    Weapons and trooper cards would revitalize the gameplay MUCH more than a new map. Alex is right, playing in a new environment with the same old weapons and equipment is not going to be that great. I want new maps eventually but trooper content first.

    we need new weapons and hero skins as well.
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Weapons and trooper cards would revitalize the gameplay MUCH more than a new map. Alex is right, playing in a new environment with the same old weapons and equipment is not going to be that great. I want new maps eventually but trooper content first.

    I get what you're saying, but I disagree. Personally, I use a weapon just long enough to see if it fits my play-style. If it does I'll continue to use it, if it doesn't, it's pretty quickly forgotten. I stick with whatever weapons and cards work for me.
    New maps provide a lot more to discover and usually takes a while longer to figure out the best way to play it to maximize my fun.
    It's all subjective though.

    I agree with you, maps first then blasters, I honestly don’t see why they can’t release new blasters with new maps. They did it with the dlc’s in BF 2015. Maps are more important because if all the new guns suck or are too similar to current ones then their pointless, maps are where the GAME IS PLAYED it’s critical they release new ones to keep the people invested and excited to keep playing.
  • bfloo
    15841 posts Member
    The_Count wrote: »
    Rook008 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Weapons and trooper cards would revitalize the gameplay MUCH more than a new map. Alex is right, playing in a new environment with the same old weapons and equipment is not going to be that great. I want new maps eventually but trooper content first.

    I get what you're saying, but I disagree. Personally, I use a weapon just long enough to see if it fits my play-style. If it does I'll continue to use it, if it doesn't, it's pretty quickly forgotten. I stick with whatever weapons and cards work for me.
    New maps provide a lot more to discover and usually takes a while longer to figure out the best way to play it to maximize my fun.
    It's all subjective though.

    I agree with you, maps first then blasters, I honestly don’t see why they can’t release new blasters with new maps. They did it with the dlc’s in BF 2015. Maps are more important because if all the new guns suck or are too similar to current ones then their pointless, maps are where the GAME IS PLAYED it’s critical they release new ones to keep the people invested and excited to keep playing.

    Based off of that criteria, Geonosis is a fail. They made us play it so much the 1st few days I lost all interest. While I understand, and am glad, some people like it, it barely comes up anyway, I'm always stuck in the 4 st maps. If I leave and start over, back to Jakku every time....
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Yeah, the difference between paid DLC and free DLC is huge.
    If they were selling us DLC we'd probably have a lot more of it by now.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    Yeah, the difference between paid DLC and free DLC is huge.
    If they were selling us DLC we'd probably have a lot more of it by now.

    A fair and valid point, however I do not anticipate not expect the same amount of weapons released for each map as if this were a paid DLC. But asking for one new weapon for each new map isn’t to much to ask for even if it’s free.
    bfloo wrote: »
    The_Count wrote: »
    Rook008 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Weapons and trooper cards would revitalize the gameplay MUCH more than a new map. Alex is right, playing in a new environment with the same old weapons and equipment is not going to be that great. I want new maps eventually but trooper content first.

    I get what you're saying, but I disagree. Personally, I use a weapon just long enough to see if it fits my play-style. If it does I'll continue to use it, if it doesn't, it's pretty quickly forgotten. I stick with whatever weapons and cards work for me.
    New maps provide a lot more to discover and usually takes a while longer to figure out the best way to play it to maximize my fun.
    It's all subjective though.

    I agree with you, maps first then blasters, I honestly don’t see why they can’t release new blasters with new maps. They did it with the dlc’s in BF 2015. Maps are more important because if all the new guns suck or are too similar to current ones then their pointless, maps are where the GAME IS PLAYED it’s critical they release new ones to keep the people invested and excited to keep playing.

    Based off of that criteria, Geonosis is a fail. They made us play it so much the 1st few days I lost all interest. While I understand, and am glad, some people like it, it barely comes up anyway, I'm always stuck in the 4 st maps. If I leave and start over, back to Jakku every time....

    Well it may have failed for you but not for many others. People still want to play on it even today, go on Reddit they were begging for a every other map to be Geonosis, why? Because their has been nothing else new. I do agree that they didn’t introduce the map as well as they should. But if in the future if they were to release a few at a time, then I am sure a playlist of 3 new maps or so would not get as dull as playing on the same one continuously for players.
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Weapons and trooper cards would revitalize the gameplay MUCH more than a new map. Alex is right, playing in a new environment with the same old weapons and equipment is not going to be that great. I want new maps eventually but trooper content first.

    I get what you're saying, but I disagree. Personally, I use a weapon just long enough to see if it fits my play-style. If it does I'll continue to use it, if it doesn't, it's pretty quickly forgotten. I stick with whatever weapons and cards work for me.
    New maps provide a lot more to discover and usually takes a while longer to figure out the best way to play it to maximize my fun.
    It's all subjective though.

    I'm always switching weapons and builds, and using things that may be sub par and trying to make them work is all part of my fun. To me, new maps are great but they really don't change up the gameplay as much as people claim they do, the fundamental aspect of combat is still how you use both your blaster and your abilities to kill other players.

    Sure you need to employ different strategies from map to map but overall I don't think the gameplay ends up being that different. Like you said it's all subjective anyways, but the people who have been keen on new weapons and infantry cards have received quite literally NOTHING. Regardless, even if they still don't bust the dam like they said they would in 2019 content wise, managing trooper content and maps together shouldn't be that difficult. Here's to hoping they do.
    The_Count wrote: »
    I agree with you, maps first then blasters, I honestly don’t see why they can’t release new blasters with new maps. They did it with the dlc’s in BF 2015. Maps are more important because if all the new guns suck or are too similar to current ones then their pointless, maps are where the GAME IS PLAYED it’s critical they release new ones to keep the people invested and excited to keep playing.

    Having no faith in their ability to deliver worthwhile content isn't unjustified at this point, but I don't think the fact that weapons could POTENTIALLY be underwhelming is a fair criticism. I could easily say the same thing about potential maps. And maps may be WHERE the game is played, but weapons and abilities are HOW the game is played. I still stand by my opinion that new trooper content would be more significant. We should get a good portion of both anyways if the devs get their act together.
    [+3748 posts]
  • Nah more trooper content is better than just more broken maps
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    More maps are desperately needed, especially for this new Conquest game mode. They need to get that mode on as many maps as possible, and keep adding more maps. The 40 player modes are the biggest draws because they showcase more of what makes Star Wars unique over some other shooter like COD.

    Starfighter Assault could use more, but the problem with that is Criterion did SA I think. So if they aren't available, I'm not sure we can get more for that mode.

    Customizations are needed too, but those are definitely secondary. People are tired of playing the same maps, modes, and weapons. Give them new maps to play on, and they won't care what their trooper looks like.

    And playing those maps with the same troopers?
    Trooper customization goes first.

    Yes with the same troopers, they won't care. People have been playing the same maps repeatedly for over a year. Customizations won't change the fact they are fed up with the same repeated content.

    Louis-CK-Saying-Nope.gif?ssl=1
    Weapons and trooper cards would revitalize the gameplay MUCH more than a new map. Alex is right, playing in a new environment with the same old weapons and equipment is not going to be that great. I want new maps eventually but trooper content first.

    we need new weapons and hero skins as well.

    Agreed on weapons
    Nah more trooper content is better than just more broken maps

    dob1OND.gif
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Rook008 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Weapons and trooper cards would revitalize the gameplay MUCH more than a new map. Alex is right, playing in a new environment with the same old weapons and equipment is not going to be that great. I want new maps eventually but trooper content first.

    I get what you're saying, but I disagree. Personally, I use a weapon just long enough to see if it fits my play-style. If it does I'll continue to use it, if it doesn't, it's pretty quickly forgotten. I stick with whatever weapons and cards work for me.
    New maps provide a lot more to discover and usually takes a while longer to figure out the best way to play it to maximize my fun.
    It's all subjective though.

    I'm always switching weapons and builds, and using things that may be sub par and trying to make them work is all part of my fun. To me, new maps are great but they really don't change up the gameplay as much as people claim they do, the fundamental aspect of combat is still how you use both your blaster and your abilities to kill other players.

    Sure you need to employ different strategies from map to map but overall I don't think the gameplay ends up being that different. Like you said it's all subjective anyways, but the people who have been keen on new weapons and infantry cards have received quite literally NOTHING. Regardless, even if they still don't bust the dam like they said they would in 2019 content wise, managing trooper content and maps together shouldn't be that difficult. Here's to hoping they do.
    The_Count wrote: »
    I agree with you, maps first then blasters, I honestly don’t see why they can’t release new blasters with new maps. They did it with the dlc’s in BF 2015. Maps are more important because if all the new guns suck or are too similar to current ones then their pointless, maps are where the GAME IS PLAYED it’s critical they release new ones to keep the people invested and excited to keep playing.

    Having no faith in their ability to deliver worthwhile content isn't unjustified at this point, but I don't think the fact that weapons could POTENTIALLY be underwhelming is a fair criticism. I could easily say the same thing about potential maps. And maps may be WHERE the game is played, but weapons and abilities are HOW the game is played. I still stand by my opinion that new trooper content would be more significant. We should get a good portion of both anyways if the devs get their act together.

    I absolutely understand your point on the need for new weapons, while I may appear to be deminishing the impact of weapons it is only because the draw of new maps is more, weapons are fine but nobody is going to be coming back to the game because they release the SE-14 and other weapons. People will come back to see iconic and unique locations, as we have both said their is no reason besides incompetence that both cannot happen simultaneous. We may disagree on how DICE should prioritize these but our end goals are the same. I also want to end that while I do agree we need new weapons, I can love with using the ones I use now if the battlefield is right, that’s why I prioritize the maps because it is something new the explore and experience.
  • Yeah, we can all agree to disagree on which is more important to each individual, but I think we all agree that the game needs more new content. I'd even settle for recycled content, or multiplayer content taken from the Campaign.

    What would make me happy would be for Disney to tell EA to tell Dice and Motive and Criterion that this game will be their priority for the next year and they should have all hands on deck churning out new maps, weapons, cards and characters and fixing bugs. That's not going to happen, so I'll take what I can get and enjoy SA and Extraction (and a little Ewok Hunt) in the meantime. :)
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!