criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Are ATST's too strong on Crait?

SVEJ
1011 posts Member
honestly, you shouldnt be doing this good at phase 1 with atsts, like i dont understand whats going on, why cant i get enemy teams that trash when i play?

acjy6l4cdmn4.jpg

Replies

• NomiSunstrider
    1561 posts Member
    edited January 12
    K/D ? Is that a mod or what.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• SVEJ
    1011 posts Member

it's a better scoreboard mod that displays better stats, but im talkign about the atsts.
  • I can't tell he was using a atst but they are easy to take down if you play to take em out
  • SVEJ
    1011 posts Member
    I can't tell he was using a atst but they are easy to take down if you play to take em out

no they were using them, but its like nobody was shooting at them , at phase 3 they were both like 100 eliminations, i didnt understand it at all, when i hop into an atst i get destroyed instantly.
  • They're incredibly easy to destroy on Crait with the lack of cover and FO needs all the help it can get to take P2 fast.

I've had some good (50+) streaks with them but only because the enemy team ignores me. When I'm playing the map an enemy AT-ST rarely lasts for more than 30 seconds. One Heavy is all it takes to ruin them.
  • IronSoldier
    2693 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I think they are fine on the first stage. The issue comes on stage 2. There's more cover and they can easily spawn trap the resistance. No repspawn or going down to 1 may be nice.
    SVEJ wrote: »

it's a better scoreboard mod that displays better stats, but im talkign about the atsts.

latest?cb=20171220051217

That's very brave of you :p
  • I think they are fine on the first stage. The issue comes on stage 2. There's more cover and they can easily spawn trap the resistance. No repspawn or going down to 1 may be nice.

latest?cb=20171220051217

This.
  • They're incredibly easy to destroy on Crait with the lack of cover and FO needs all the help it can get to take P2 fast.

I've had some good (50+) streaks with them but only because the enemy team ignores me. When I'm playing the map an enemy AT-ST rarely lasts for more than 30 seconds. One Heavy is all it takes to ruin them.

This. Switch to Heavy with Ion Turret and Ion Torpedo equipped. The AT-ST will go down in seconds.
    I tried being an AT-ST on Crait after another wrecked our team on the previous match. I got taken down before I could even enter inside the base (on Phase 2)!
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Do you know that even Saltspeeders that cost what ? Can destroy AT ST pretty easily.
  • Do you know that even Saltspeeders that cost what ? Can destroy AT ST pretty easily.

The Skispeeders can do that? I always fail when I try. I am awful at piloting them. 😆

• TheUltimateHope
    540 posts Member
    edited January 12
    Do you know that even Saltspeeders that cost what ? Can destroy AT ST pretty easily.

The Skispeeders can do that? I always fail when I try. I am awful at piloting them. 😆

Yes they can do that, you target their weak spot (the back) with an overload ability. AT ST can't keep up with the speeders mobility.
    Now i'm not telling you to be that speeder guy that all AT ST pilots love that can just crash themselves into them.

You even have an illustration of what i'm saying in this video
  • I think they are a necessary evil. Most teams can’t break the stalemate without them. P2 Crait is one of the most contestable spots in the game.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    I think they are a necessary evil. Most teams can’t break the stalemate without them. P2 Crait is one of the most contestable spots in the game.

Agree. I had an overtime on Phase 2 of Crait that lasted 40 minutes! More than twice the time it took to do both Phase 1 and Phase 3 combined!

Yes they can do that, you target their weak spot (the back) with an overload ability. AT ST can't keep up with the speeders mobility.
    Now i'm not telling you to be that speeder guy that all AT ST pilots love that can just crash themselves into them.

You even have an illustration of what i'm saying in this video

Wow. That was some good footage. I might try that next time. Normally on Crait (as the Resistance), I am the Leia that is sitting at the back of the map sniping FO troopers with her alternate fire (which is extremely effective and basically has its own aimbot if you aim close to a trooper).

• SVEJ
    1011 posts Member
    WildSpace wrote: »
    I think they are a necessary evil. Most teams can’t break the stalemate without them. P2 Crait is one of the most contestable spots in the game.

think they need to be limited on phase 2, to like only 1 ATST, not 2.
  • If AT-STs are that much of an issue I switch to this loadout and it's not a problem much longer

Cards - Ion torpedo, Ion turret, resourceful
    Blaster - WFWMB-10K with ion shot.

It's a bit tougher on phase 2 because of the tighter space but the sides work pretty good because they're preoccupied with the objective in the middle, and they'll use the sides to get away to regen health.

• bfloo
    12999 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Better question: Are AT-STs too strong against heroes?

Answer: Yes.

They aren't too strong, the devs just forgot that heroes can fight back.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• They are OP. Everytime I play on Crait, there are huge AT ST killstreaks. What **** me off most is that you don't have to have skill to kill countless troopers and hereos with them. Maybe they should be powerful, but make them more expensive. 4500-5000 or sth like that (since getting huge killstreaks is easier with AT ST than with some heroes). I don't even use them (only when my team is just awful) because it's just like playing with cheats ;v.
  • Gone 100+ multiple times on Crait outdoor sections with Atst, main reason, people ignoring them. They are easy enough to take out. If you are seeing massive streaks, blame the opposition
  • Gone 100+ multiple times on Crait outdoor sections with Atst, main reason, people ignoring them. They are easy enough to take out. If you are seeing massive streaks, blame the opposition

This
    It wasn't long ago they where getting wiped out easy
    There the big guns in the game and movie's
    Learn to take them out or get out of there way
    Yes they should squash heroes who are over confident or can't play smart
  • I've always considered AT-ST's to be mini boss fights. Very easy to kill if your team actually tries. Utterly devastating when your team ignores them.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Lol...I wish I got bad teams who never counter them. Most the Crait matches I play people will rarely spend BP on them because they get nuked down in seconds, often times before they even get to the bunker.
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    I can't tell he was using a atst but they are easy to take down if you play to take em out

no they were using them, but its like nobody was shooting at them , at phase 3 they were both like 100 eliminations, i didnt understand it at all, when i hop into an atst i get destroyed instantly.

The Resistance team should be well equipped with anti-vehicle weapons, because their primary goal is taking down AT-M6s. If they're smart enough to do that, they will be equally good at taking out the AT-STs. Unfortunately, the ape-brained average players on Crait often just use it as a snipe fest, allowing the AT-M6's to reach phase 2 unimpeded, and consequently the AT-STs run riot.

A surprisingly good counter to AT-STs is the ski speeder. AT-ST players can't resist trying to take them out, like cats after a mouse. Help your team by driving your ski speeder around behind the AT-M6s, and watch all the AT-STs turn around to face the back of the map. Works almost every time.
  • Lol...I wish I got bad teams who never counter them. Most the Crait matches I play people will rarely spend BP on them because they get nuked down in seconds, often times before they even get to the bunker.

I know right. The first time I actually played as an AT-ST on Crait (after watching them massacre my team in the previous round) I got destroyed before I could even make it inside.

• I think they are fine on the first stage. The issue comes on stage 2. There's more cover and they can easily spawn trap the resistance. No repspawn or going down to 1 may be nice.

latest?cb=20171220051217

Those are some N. Cortex eyebrows, right there.
  • SVEJ
    1011 posts Member

The Resistance team should be well equipped with anti-vehicle weapons, because their primary goal is taking down AT-M6s. If they're smart enough to do that, they will be equally good at taking out the AT-STs. Unfortunately, the ape-brained average players on Crait often just use it as a snipe fest, allowing the AT-M6's to reach phase 2 unimpeded, and consequently the AT-STs run riot.

A surprisingly good counter to AT-STs is the ski speeder. AT-ST players can't resist trying to take them out, like cats after a mouse. Help your team by driving your ski speeder around behind the AT-M6s, and watch all the AT-STs turn around to face the back of the map. Works almost every time.

there are the anti air weapons but those are trash they overheat before even taking 65% of a tie fighters health down
    its utterly pathetic

I usually stand at the back by the at-st's and take the speeders out for them with minigun, turret and torpedo. When I am in the at-st I just love it when a speeder rams me and I get the kill for them dying while doing so. Nice bonus points.

You do realize that if the M6's are not taken out, that it does not become a vehicle focused objective and requires some infantry combat? You know, the things ion weapons do not affect as much?
  • avmav
    508 posts Member
    I think it's fine as taking out the generators on phase three can be really tough so they need as many tickets as possible

You do realize that if the M6's are not taken out, that it does not become a vehicle focused objective and requires some infantry combat? You know, the things ion weapons do not affect as much?

Yes, which is why if the resistance haven't won phase 1, they should switch to using Assault troops equipped with acid launchers so that the First Order are unable to stand in the capture zone. You do understand that you can switch troop types when you die, don't you?

there are the anti air weapons but those are trash they overheat before even taking 65% of a tie fighters health down
    its utterly pathetic

I'm talking about ion turret/grenade/torpedo.
  • I swear the grenade launcher sometimes bugs like Obi-Wan's push and activates but shoots nothing.