criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

KillSwitch General Greavious

Prev13
Enough is enough. This char is broken beyond belief. He needs to be KS and fixed.

Following videos are the reasons why.

Nothing like using TS and almost killing yourself.

Or a TS that is a phantom strike.

Or again, look GG is hurting himself.

OR A counter DS into UA - mistake, GG gets invuln frames.

Here it is yet again, UA giving Invuln frames into a claw rush, that can STILL hit 2x 3x times.
"I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH

Replies

• He is pretty ridiculous.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Dont get me started......
    Davdman SWG Kettemoor
    XSoiled DrawsX X1
  • Dont get me started......

Please, get started.

wuoseohmyrv1.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Grievous is just bonkers right now. When I play Grievous in HvV I usually do far better than I do playing other heroes or villains without really concentrating any harder or employing any superior tactical play. When the boot is on the other foot, I get utterly smashed out the park by someone playing him against me.
  • A new hero should be good. But he's too good.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• disagree with the killswitch statement. all those videos show his abilities working incorrectly, and i do agree they should be fixed. but what those videos don't show are all the things that make him powerful. yes thrust surge doesn't always work, but i usually have good luck with it and have literally launched into the air like a rocket for kills, my favorite occasion being when there are runners in the naboo hanger on the 2nd floor walkways.

i guess what i'm really saying is, for every time thrust surge doesn't work right, i have like 3-4 awesome moments where it works almost too well
    PSN: computerson
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Grebbles: #1 choice when playing after some cocktails. Two lightsabers... one for each of ya.

Signature ability: Unrelenting Right Trigger

Not sure how I feel about Grievs stealing Doc Holiday lines...

jzsejbe3pgva.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• He didn't hit me

Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I agree. Totally broken character.

Claw Rush is one of the most overpowered abilities in the game. Virtually unblockable and undodgeable and likely to hit you twice and knock you down for a very easy follow-up attack. On top of being an incredible offensive ability, it’s also a fantastic defensive ability, with 50-90% damage reduction. No similar ability on the Light Side is anywhere near this good.

If Grievous gets knocked down during Unrelenting Advance, he is likely to become completely invincible to his attackers and relentlessly beat them to death with no punishment.

Grievous not getting staggered when he swings into a block was a horrible decision. It means that Jedi cannot not block his attacks and then swing back without taking significant damage.

Rey's Dash Strike is at least on par with Claw Rush. Dash Striking and then using her lightsaber into a combo allows Rey to deal at least 350 damage, and likely stun lock the enemy to death after that. Grievous can't follow up Claw Rush with an un-blockable combo of ultra fast saber strikes.
    Like I’ve said, it’s like we’re not even playing the same game.

Tbf he is right.
  • unit900000 wrote: »

Claw Rush is one of the most overpowered abilities in the game. Virtually unblockable and undodgeable and likely to hit you twice and knock you down for a very easy follow-up attack. On top of being an incredible offensive ability, it’s also a fantastic defensive ability, with 50-90% damage reduction. No similar ability on the Light Side is anywhere near this good.

If Grievous gets knocked down during Unrelenting Advance, he is likely to become completely invincible to his attackers and relentlessly beat them to death with no punishment.

Grievous not getting staggered when he swings into a block was a horrible decision. It means that Jedi cannot not block his attacks and then swing back without taking significant damage.

Rey's Dash Strike is at least on par with Claw Rush.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

no.

You can dash strike into a lightsaber strike break someone's block & do more damage than gg can do with claw rush.

Rey's Dash Strike is at least on par with Claw Rush. Dash Striking and then using her lightsaber into a combo allows Rey to deal at least 350 damage, and likely stun lock the enemy to death after that. Grievous can't follow up Claw Rush with an un-blockable combo of ultra fast saber strikes.

Tbf he is right.
    unit900000 wrote: »

no.

You can dash strike into a lightsaber strike break someone's block & do more damage than gg can do with claw rush.
    I didn’t want to have to do this but...

DEVASTATING DASH STRIKE
    Can be blocked
    Can be dodged
    0% damage reduction without card
    40% damage reduction with card
    Hits once
    Standard hit box

Claw Rush
    Cannot be blocked
    Cannot be dodged
    50% damage reduction without card
    90% damage reduction with card
    Typically hits twice
    Very large hit box
    Much longer duration than DDS

Yes it's true you can block dash strike yet rey can still follow up with an attack & get 300 damage. So blocking it is a bad move. It can be dodged correct. Agree with everything else.

Claw rush can be blocked, & yes while you still take damage can prevent the knock down & usually the second hit when he gets up. Yes you can't dodge it as a blaster user you can dodge it as a jedi by simply jumping. Agree with everything else

Me personally I would rather get hit by claw rush than rey's dash strike into block break combo. I'm not saying gg isn't op cause i absolutely hate him with a passion my least liked character just saying I think dash strike beats claw rush as far as damage potential.
  • MC_XIX
    1592 posts Member

Tbf he is right.

no.

DEVASTATING DASH STRIKE
    Can be blocked
    Can be dodged
    Hits once
    Standard hit box

Claw Rush
    Cannot be blocked
    Cannot be dodged
    Typically hits twice
    Very large hit box

Yes it's true you can block dash strike yet rey can still follow up with an attack & get 300 damage. So blocking it is a bad move. It can be dodged correct. Agree with everything else.

Claw rush can be blocked, & yes while you still take damage can prevent the knock down & usually the second hit when he gets up. Yes you can't dodge it as a blaster user you can dodge it as a jedi by simply jumping. Agree with everything else

Me personally I would rather get hit by claw rush than rey's dash strike into block break combo. I'm not saying gg isn't op cause i absolutely hate him with a passion my least liked character just saying I think dash strike beats claw rush as far as damage potential.

Perfect post. I'm loving all the 'LOL' reactions to my post even though everything I said is 100% true.

Heck, I never even said either ability is OP. I'm fine with Dash Strike. But I'm not fine with people claiming it's nowhere near as good as Claw Rush, because it is an absolute nightmare against heroes and infantry.

Tbf he is right.

no.

DEVASTATING DASH STRIKE
    Can be blocked
    Can be dodged
    Hits once
    Standard hit box

Claw Rush
    Cannot be blocked
    Cannot be dodged
    Typically hits twice
    Very large hit box

I think you’re going a bit easy on DS there. While I agree GG is ridiculous at times and riddled with bugs, DS has an excellent hitbox, great control and speed, does good damage and can be IMMEDIATELY comboed in to strikes, allowing for insane burst damage. It’s at least comparable to Claw Rush.
  • MC_XIX
    1592 posts Member

Tbf he is right.

no.

DEVASTATING DASH STRIKE
    Can be blocked
    Can be dodged
    Hits once
    Standard hit box

Claw Rush
    Cannot be blocked
    Cannot be dodged
    Typically hits twice
    Very large hit box

Yes, yes. That's all good.

Yet conveniently, and not for the first time, you're forgetting a lot of important factors. Rey's Dash Strike can be followed up by a heavy-damage and unblockable combo of strikes, all of which deal at least 110 damage. And she always gets at least two strikes in, more often than not 3.

And if you get hit in the back by Dash Strike and then stun locked, that's it. Game over.

There is no delay between getting staggered by Rey's Dash Strike and then hit by her flurry of strikes. Grievous cannot achieve the same damage potential or combo with Claw Rush.

Again, I'm absolutely fine with this. I like that Rey can achieve a powerful combo of strikes.
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    2357 posts Member
    edited January 13

Concerning your post: yes, Grievous has bugs that need to be fixed. No, he does not need to be killswitched by the devs (like The Senate himself was). Why is your first post back asking for content removal? I thought we all want the devs to fix bugs and give us more content.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Also I hate general grevious & wouldn't mind for him to be kill switched. He's op more op than vader
  • MC_XIX wrote: »

Tbf he is right.

no.

DEVASTATING DASH STRIKE
    Can be blocked
    Can be dodged
    Hits once
    Standard hit box

Claw Rush
    Cannot be blocked
    Cannot be dodged
    Typically hits twice
    Very large hit box

Yes, yes. That's all good.

Yet conveniently, and not for the first time, you're forgetting a lot of important factors. Rey's Dash Strike can be followed up by a heavy-damage and unblockable combo of strikes, all of which deal at least 110 damage. And she always gets at least two strikes in, more often than not 3.

And if you get hit in the back by Dash Strike and then stun locked, that's it. Game over.

There is no delay between getting staggered by Rey's Dash Strike and then hit by her flurry of strikes. Grievous cannot achieve the same damage potential or combo with Claw Rush.

Again, I'm absolutely fine with this. I like that Rey can achieve a powerful combo of strikes.
    Everything I already said makes one ability clearly better than the other, but I have more. Let’s dive a little deeper into the differences between these abilities...

Have you considered that DDS has to be used strategically and intelligently, whereas Claw Rush doesn’t? That you have to be careful not to run into mines, shocks, freezes, chokes, lightning, blaster shots, etc. etc. etc.? That you can be followed by lightsaber strikes?

What do you have to fear while using Claw Rush? Almost nothing. The most dangerous abilities to you are probably Detonite and Disabler, but you have 50-90% damage reduction (which counts while shocked). There’s really nothing stopping you from using Claw Rush any time you please. Can you say the same about DDS?

What happens when Grievous Claw Rushes a blaster? I know, I know! They die. A good Grievous player knows how to hit them twice, and then he’ll be virtually guaranteed at least one free follow-up swing. Claw Rushing a Leia or a Finn is a quick and easy kill with no permanent health lost. Can you say the same about DDSing Triple B, Iden, Vader, Boba, Palpatine, Phasma or Grievous?

If you can answer “Yes” to each of my last two questions, then please 1v1 me and show me what I’m doing wrong.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Clone201
    3680 posts Member
    edited January 13
    -Deleted Comment-
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    He's op more op than vader

Only because the glitches work to his favor so much, otherwise he'd at least be as dangerous as Vader, albeit with a completely different playstyle.

Nah because he can spam swing without consequence, & doesn't get knockback from striking,
  • He's currently the best hero in HvV because he's broken. I quit using him because it just feels cheap. He is fine in GA. Yet another reason why separate balancing is needed.

Claw rush - double damage and a VERY generous hitbox that can't even be jumped over by force users.

Thrust surge - hooks around corners, leaps up and down at targets even when dodging and rolling.

Lightsaber strikes - more than any other lightsaber hero, breaks blocks and deals damage through blocks.

He's op more op than vader

Only because the glitches work to his favor so much, otherwise he'd at least be as dangerous as Vader, albeit with a completely different playstyle.

Nah because he can spam swing without consequence, & doesn't get knockback from striking,

Oh, right. My bad!
    Forgot that for a moment.

+1
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    Can we just ks all the heroes now?

All they do is generate complaints, and the hero cs isn't even that fun.

We should focus on the real scourge of lootfront, ummmm.....

I got nothing...
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Removing staggering was bad choice. All his attacks cant be blocked, was also bad choice. Otherwise he is fine.
  • TheUltimateHope
    856 posts Member
    edited January 13
    I'm happy when Grievous uses Claw Rush to attack me, it usually means a free kill for me. And to think that this is his only correct ability tells a lot about the character.
  • You can block both parts of it apparently, you have to be looking directly at him for it not to deal damage
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Omniscient
    777 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Not for nothing but, when I’ve played as GG, I can verify that CR can be circumvented by the majority of the Light Side heroes. Each of the below as disrupted my CR:

Detonite Blast
    Shoulder Charge
    All Dashing Strikes (Luke, Yoda, Rey)
    All Force pushes (Yoda, Luke, Ben)

By the time I can recover from being toppled, I’m ganked and dead.

If all you’re trying to do is dodge CR...you’re doing it wrong.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    Not for nothing but, when I’ve played as GG, I can verify that CR can be circumvented by the majority of the Light Side heroes. Each of the below as disrupted my CR:

Detonite Blast
    Shoulder Charge

Yeah, Shoulder charge can leave Grievous stuck in the animation.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Omniscient wrote: »

Detonite Blast
    Shoulder Charge

If you’re getting killed because you got hit by any of those Jedi abilities during Claw Rush, then you’re doing it wrong.

And it doesn’t matter that some abilities knock Grevious out of CR. It’s still unblockable and undodgeable. That, combined with everything else I’ve already articulated, makes it vastly superior to any similar Jedi ability.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    You can block both parts of it apparently, you have to be looking directly at him for it not to deal damage
    And you have to be standing still, but that doesn’t guarantee it will block the damage.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Phantom_A320
    1527 posts Member
    edited January 13

Tbf he is right.

no.

DEVASTATING DASH STRIKE
    Can be blocked
    Can be dodged
    Hits once
    Standard hit box

Claw Rush
    Cannot be blocked
    Cannot be dodged
    Typically hits twice
    Very large hit box

You forgot to mention that Claw Rush can be followed up with the most damage in the game. GG's swings with Sith Trained deal the highest saber damage in game. Typically you can double hit with Claw Rush then do two swings if done right. Thats much more damage than REY could even dream of.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited January 13
    I wouldn't mind this overmuch. Grievous's impact on my games is essentially being a low skill ceiling (but also low floor, so even terrible players can use him competently) R2 spamming point farm, that occasionally lucks into one-shotting me using the bugged Claw Rush multi hit cheese. I wouldn't say he's broken tier as blasters still shred him for the most part if they see or hear him coming, but the way he gets his kills is essentially reliant on checkmate mechanics (did you get hit by rush?) rather than counterplays, which isn't very interesting.

Actually quite similar to Rey when her rush used to multi hit you except arguably worse (her hitbox isn't the size of a bus and she had to hit someone else first to OHK you)
    Post edited by Admiral_Xen on
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • I wouldn't mind this overmuch. Grievous's impact on my games is essentially being a low skill ceiling (but also low floor, so even terrible players can use him competently) R2 spamming point farm, that occasionally lucks into one-shotting me using the bugged Claw Rush multi hit cheese. I wouldn't say he's broken tier as blasters still shred him for the most part if they see or hear him coming, but the way he gets his kills is essentially reliant on checkmate mechanics (did you get hit by rush?) rather than interesting counterplays, which isn't very interesting.

Actually quite similar to Rey when her rush used to multi hit you except arguably worse (her hitbox isn't the size of a bus and she had to hit someone else first to OHK you)
    I wouldn't mind this overmuch. Grievous's impact on my games is essentially being a low skill ceiling (but also low floor, so even terrible players can use him competently) R2 spamming point farm, that occasionally lucks into one-shotting me using the bugged Claw Rush multi hit cheese. I wouldn't say he's broken tier as blasters still shred him for the most part if they see or hear him coming, but the way he gets his kills is essentially reliant on checkmate mechanics (did you get hit by rush?) rather than interesting counterplays, which isn't very interesting.

That was fixed in a week or two. This will be at least three months.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

• I actually thrust surged with him in GA at a specialist and went from full health to dead on the top of takodana castle because of a crate on the floor. I was on the start of a decent kill streak and if you look at my clips on Xbox I have it recorded. Needless to say I wasn't happy hahaha
  • No reason to kill switch. I play him a lot and I can say this shiy never happens to me because I don't use that ability in stupid situations like that when they are miles away from me. Sure, they need to be fixed but Jesus Christ you are overreacting.
  • They really need to dedicate a patch or 2 to fixing the game.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Clone201
    3680 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    They really need to dedicate a patch or 2 to breaking the game even more.

Fixed your comment... Every new patch has new bugs and issues. This game will never be near 100% perfected.

• No reason to kill switch. I play him a lot and I can say this shiy never happens to me because I don't use that ability in stupid situations like that when they are miles away from me. Sure, they need to be fixed but Jesus Christ you are overreacting.
    You play him a lot so of course you think he’s fine. Do you quit when you’re LS?
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

Fixed your comment... Every new patch has new bugs and issues. This game will never be near 100% perfected.

It's sad.... But it's true.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    They really need to dedicate a patch or 2 to fixing the game.

nah, we need more clone wars content. that is more important than fixing the game
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• CobraKaiSenpai
    203 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Developers, please take the whining in this thread with a grain of salt. General grievous does need some fixes, but he doesn't need to be nerfed. I think some of the players here come straight to the forums after a humbling experience and are especially emotional. But Heroes villains should be a difficult fighting game. I think it should even be more like Tekken.

His thrust surge does need to be fixed and his blocking could be more consistent. His claw rush is not overpowered. People just don't know how to block/avoid it properly. there should be things in the game that people have to learn. It shouldn't be shooting fish in a barrel.

Also, when you have deployed the new stamina system, which prevents lightsaber strikes upon depletion, he will be properly balanced.

And lastly, how can all of the heroes and villains be properly fixed and balanced until Anakin is in the game? Again, please understand that emotions are running high and I don't think watering the game down is the solution. Maybe you could think about a hardcore version of Heroes villains for those of us who want a challenge :-)
    I wouldn't mind this overmuch. Grievous's impact on my games is essentially being a low skill ceiling (but also low floor, so even terrible players can use him competently) R2 spamming point farm, that occasionally lucks into one-shotting me using the bugged Claw Rush multi hit cheese. I wouldn't say he's broken tier as blasters still shred him for the most part if they see or hear him coming, but the way he gets his kills is essentially reliant on checkmate mechanics (did you get hit by rush?) rather than interesting counterplays, which isn't very interesting.

That was fixed in a week or two. This will be at least three months.

yeah they seem to just be putting less effort into fixing the game nowadays

GG being perma-broken could also be explained by them "fixing" him with the Geonosis update then all going on holiday
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Developers, please take the whining in this thread with a grain of salt. General grievous does need some fixes, but he doesn't need to be nerfed. I think some of the players here come straight to the forums after a humbling experience and are especially emotional. But Heroes villains should be a difficult fighting game. I think it should even be more like Tekken.

His thrust surge does need to be fixed and his blocking could be more consistent. His claw rush is not overpowered. People just don't know how to block/avoid it properly. there should be things in the game that people have to learn. It shouldn't be shooting fish in a barrel.

Also, when you have deployed the new stamina system, which prevents lightsaber strikes upon depletion, he will be properly balanced.

And lastly, how can all of the heroes and villains be properly fixed and balanced until Anakin is in the game? Again, please understand that emotions are running high and I don't think watering the game down is the solution. Maybe you could think about a hardcore version of Heroes villains for those of us who want a challenge :-)

As someone who uses grievous he is ridiculously overpowered. Claw rush while blockable still does 150 damage & blaster users can't dodge it lol wtf he has a large hit box he's gonna hit you without even trying. I agree with the fact that he'll be balanced in the new system in the current he's op. No lightsaber user can beat him in combat right now. Also I'm pretty sure from playing with some of these guys they'll give you an humbling experience

It's sad.... But it's true.

Yeah pretty much, every patch adds in new bugs.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Developers, please take the whining in this thread with a grain of salt. General grievous does need some fixes, but he doesn't need to be nerfed. I think some of the players here come straight to the forums after a humbling experience and are especially emotional. But Heroes villains should be a difficult fighting game. I think it should even be more like Tekken.

Developers, please disregard the opinions of those who defend overpowered abilities.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853