criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

When will we be getting another long term roadmap?

February is just around the corner, bringing with it the end of our previous long term roadmap. This leave Battlefront 2 in a state of unknown fates. There are a few things we know will come. Mostly gameplay issues and quality of life changes but we have no idea of any confirmed content. Some would argue the rumors of more heroes is confirmation but for me, until it’s officially announced it’s just a rumor. We need a new roadmap soon in order to put any concerns about the future of the game to rest.

Replies

• I hope we get a little news soon of whats in store after Feb.
  • I agree. All of this "We're supporting the game through 2019! It's going to be great! Just wait and see!" means jack squat unless the content is officially confirmed. If we're given another RM (which it seems they may have abandoned as quickly as they did Seasons) and we have a big fat bullet point for "Emote Wheel" and "Armored Clone Officers" then we know exactly how 2019 will unravel in terms of content. RIP.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Idk why anyone cares what EA/DICE has to say... have you been living under a rock??? Their word means about as much as Ms. Cleos.
  • Still bothering me on a daily basis. On the bright side the wait won’t be longer than February since they HAVE to tell us at that point
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    959 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Road map already!!

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Honestly if they added private’s I would be ecstatic.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1938 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Something tells me they're scared to put together anything that would be called a roadmap. We can't realistically think over a year after the games existence, and the player base has dropped to where they needed to diminish servers, that they will suddenly commit time and resources to adding considerable content like all new maps, all new blasters, deeper customization options, new star cards, new heroes to spend forever balancing or complete fixes on all bugs and balancing issues across maps, heroes and troopers alike.

Those of us who have had the pleasure of dealing with Dice for the last several years know how they do things and their track record speaks for itself. They don't even really listen to us with this game and perhaps they never cared to....of all fighting modes this game needed ....they thought we wanted Ewok Hunt and Jetpack Cargo to take attention. They do strange things that make you question if they're just kind of clueless. We're Star fanatics, that's why we're keeping the heart pumping on this game...it's all we've got right now. But this game is not a super popular game and we know all the reasons why...but this is going to be old news to this development team real soon.

How can there be that many on the current BF2 staff??? They haven't done all that much compared to other AAA games or even the last Battlefront in over a year. Soo many reported bugs, glitches and imbalances that I can't imagine they will care to put in soo much hard work to fix. Their patches notoriously introduce new bugs...and sometimes the patch that buffed something has to be repatched to nerf it again...to something lesser than it ever was. We've seen it over and over. Sure would be a miracle and amazing if they surprised me and proved me 100% wrong. We all want more and could get easily creative with how to top this game off, but I think at this point we're kidding ourselves to think that "now" they will dump all the happy things we want....because it would be too much work for so few and they probably haven't started on other new maps etc. Sorry....they made me like this...I've been fooled several times rollin' the Dice.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    The only way ANY hero should be coming is if an entire arsenal of blasters is coming with them. Trooper cards and abilities SHOULD be as well but that might be asking a bit much given the history of this live service.

And let's not forget trooper skins, necessary additions.

Aint gonna lie troopers need more blasters asap. Its legit a280, dc exploding shot or TL, blurrg or SC, and the NT sniper
  • Lee1981
    1920 posts Member
    Anyone who really thinks we are getting more blasters, cards, maps and other content after the new mode and Anakin are released are going to be very disappointed
  • Cadoth
    1004 posts Member
    My best guess is that we may get another long term roadmap in March or if things keep going better at the end of April
  • I’d guess we’ll get this somewhere around a quarter to never.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • It Feb is to be the end or the last content drop other than an occasional skin/hero, at least let us know plans on the next game,(bf3),or if there’s gonna be a next game. Personally I think winter season is the last season, it fits the cycle.
  • Relmets
    2205 posts Member
    TastyNoob wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    The only way ANY hero should be coming is if an entire arsenal of blasters is coming with them. Trooper cards and abilities SHOULD be as well but that might be asking a bit much given the history of this live service.

And let's not forget trooper skins, necessary additions.

Aint gonna lie troopers need more blasters asap. Its legit a280, dc exploding shot or TL, blurrg or SC, and the NT sniper

Yes, the current starblasters cache is pathetic
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Anyone who really thinks we are getting more blasters, cards, maps and other content after the new mode and Anakin are released are going to be very disappointed

Even if that's the case it doesn't mean we can't express the need for them, not sure what else there is to do on the official game forums....
    [+3748 posts]
  • Lee1981 wrote: »

I think new maps are a real possibility because of two things: Clone Wars Season 7 and Episode IX. We are guranteed at least one new map (large or small) per “season”, so I think we will have at least two new maps in 2019.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX

I think new maps are a real possibility because of two things: Clone Wars Season 7 and Episode IX. We are guranteed at least one new map (large or small) per “season”, so I think we will have at least two new maps in 2019.

We haven't been guaranteed anything beyond Anakin. I wouldn't put any faith in them delivering a whole new map and hero just to coincide with some Lucasfilm releases. They've already got plenty of Clone Wars and 2 more Heroes coming...episode 9 will make this game 2 years old and we'd all have to be mad to think they'll continue putting more new maps in a game soo many will have moved from....plus they have another SW game coming out around then to take the focus. Of course you can be hopeful they'll completely 100% change their act with developing this game....but in that case I'd have to say... "You must not be familiar with Dice".
  • My biggest concern is basically will the game be supported past February or not
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    My biggest concern is basically will the game be supported past February or not

They'll prob keep drip feeding content until Fallen Order comes out, maybe something for ep 9.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Ppong_Man12
    2175 posts Member
    edited January 13
    It’ll be interesting to see if they update the roadmap after this upcoming update.

We haven't been guaranteed anything beyond Anakin. I wouldn't put any faith in them delivering a whole new map and hero just to coincide with some Lucasfilm releases. They've already got plenty of Clone Wars and 2 more Heroes coming...episode 9 will make this game 2 years old and we'd all have to be mad to think they'll continue putting more new maps in a game soo many will have moved from....plus they have another SW game coming out around then to take the focus. Of course you can be hopeful they'll completely 100% change their act with developing this game....but in that case I'd have to say... "You must not be familiar with Dice".

I’m not saying there will be anything after Episode IX, but I seriously think they will support the game through Episode IX.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »

Wow, 2 new maps in 2019?! Boy, are we spoilt!*

*sarcasm, other games release map packs with multiple maps in
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I completely agree with this thread. It was supposed to come each month. They altered the deal and said it was coming before Christmas... Well, soon we'll be beyond the previous roadmap and we are still waiting for an updated one. I don't really understand how can they make one step forward and follow up with 3 steps back in terms of information... They clearly have plans for March and April, so I don't think it would have been that bad to release an updated one before Christmas with these plans and then release a new one next month if they want.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    I completely agree with this thread. It was supposed to come each month. They altered the deal and said it was coming before Christmas... Well, soon we'll be beyond the previous roadmap and we are still waiting for an updated one. I don't really understand how can they make one step forward and follow up with 3 steps back in terms of information... They clearly have plans for March and April, so I don't think it would have been that bad to release an updated one before Christmas with these plans and then release a new one next month if they want.

I have 2 thoughts on this - one is that they are trying to drum up hype for Dooku, the new mode and Anakin, and not mention anything else to continue hyping these.
    The other (and this is pessimistic/realistic) is that whatever is planned for March and April (emote wheel?), might be fairly paltry in comparison to January and February, and they are worried that complaints would rise about this content rather than focusing on the upcoming Dooku and Anakin.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I completely agree with this thread. It was supposed to come each month. They altered the deal and said it was coming before Christmas... Well, soon we'll be beyond the previous roadmap and we are still waiting for an updated one. I don't really understand how can they make one step forward and follow up with 3 steps back in terms of information... They clearly have plans for March and April, so I don't think it would have been that bad to release an updated one before Christmas with these plans and then release a new one next month if they want.

I have 2 thoughts on this - one is that they are trying to drum up hype for Dooku, the new mode and Anakin, and not mention anything else to continue hyping these.
    The other (and this is pessimistic/realistic) is that whatever is planned for March and April (emote wheel?), might be fairly paltry in comparison to January and February, and they are worried that complaints would rise about this content rather than focusing on the upcoming Dooku and Anakin.

they could announce 5 maps, 10 new blasters, 4 heroes and a bunch of Star Cards for march and most of this player base would still complain.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

they could announce 5 maps, 10 new blasters, 4 heroes and a bunch of Star Cards for march and most of this player base would still complain.

I would love to hear the complaints.
  • We got a roadmap after the end of both past seasons. Unless they confirm that's it, we'll get one at the end of this one too.

Gotta disagree with you here. I would say if they announced 5 maps, 4 heroes, 10 blasters and new SC that the player base would have a pretty positive reaction. The bickering would be over which heroes were released. That won't ever end.
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Gotta disagree with you here. I would say if they announced 5 maps, 4 heroes, 10 blasters and new SC that the player base would have a pretty positive reaction. The bickering would be over which heroes were released. That won't ever end.

See, they'd complain it isn't what the community wants

h846398gb27k.png

bfloo wrote: »

See, they'd complain it isn't what the community wants

Please don't be so aggressive towards me.