criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

Replies

• Devlin21 wrote: »
    Why does every thread turn into something about ahsoka?

Keep it in your pants. Goodness.
    uu5qz7zhwn01.gif

^
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• The_Count wrote: »
    You know what I find ironic about this, is that all these more hero people claim they want new hero’s all the time, but then when they’re released they complain they’re bugged, OP or their abilities suck.
    I complain that the game is broken. I want it to be fixed before any further broken content is released. Unfortunately, I’m resigned to the fact that it will never be fixed.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    The problem is you have the hero guys,(aka non-infantry guys), with many being casuals at that, trying to dictate how battlefront’s infantry should be set up. This is from the player mechanics to the class system, to the ttk, the kd, and the no stats thing, the lack of private matches, the opinions are strong. opinions are strong. I’ve also noticed a few get overly defensive when the infantry topic is brought up.

The fact modes like Cargo/dropzone, Supremacy, new weapons, along with better gunplay isn’t being demanded and takes a back seat to skins and what new hero is next is a red flag. Feels like Starwars Fortnite item shop night. I for one don’t want the hero group, non infantry guys that is, deciding how infantry gameplay mechanics should be or how they should be implemented.

Again, that’s my case for a battlefront 3, add the best aspects of the 1st game, (which I don’t remember people ever complaining about game mechanics, only the lack of content), with the best aspects of hero play from bf2. Give us the classic modes and maps we actually ask actually for and not some new brainchild like strike, jet pack cargo, or reinforcements blast, things no one ask for to my knowledge.

Cheers.

We need Battlefront 3 to be a true battlefront dedicated to infantry play while the hero fans get a dedicated hero game.

No, like it all in the same game. It was a huge undertaking and they’ve struggled, but it’s still a really good game. The next iteration will be better planned and supported and should be much better.

Dice can make a great shooter, hero play isn't their bag. EA has to have a studio that can do it great.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• The_Count
    100 posts Member
    edited January 10
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    The_Count wrote: »
    You know what I find ironic about this, is that all these more hero people claim they want new hero’s all the time, but then when they’re released they complain they’re bugged, OP or their abilities suck.
    I complain that the game is broken. I want it to be fixed before any further broken content is released. Unfortunately, I’m resigned to the fact that it will never be fixed.

Oh I agree that complaining about broken content is reasonable, what I am saying is that if they add more maps instead of hero’s their won’t be as many bugs since each hero has a lot of bugs. A map only contains a few, and we won’t be playing on the new map every match, a hero being broken will linger into all major modes because they can be played on all maps.

My point remains that don’t add more heroes after Dooku and Anakin until they fix the current ones. But at the same time, add more maps.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    The problem is you have the hero guys,(aka non-infantry guys), with many being casuals at that, trying to dictate how battlefront’s infantry should be set up. This is from the player mechanics to the class system, to the ttk, the kd, and the no stats thing, the lack of private matches, the opinions are strong. opinions are strong. I’ve also noticed a few get overly defensive when the infantry topic is brought up.

The fact modes like Cargo/dropzone, Supremacy, new weapons, along with better gunplay isn’t being demanded and takes a back seat to skins and what new hero is next is a red flag. Feels like Starwars Fortnite item shop night. I for one don’t want the hero group, non infantry guys that is, deciding how infantry gameplay mechanics should be or how they should be implemented.

Again, that’s my case for a battlefront 3, add the best aspects of the 1st game, (which I don’t remember people ever complaining about game mechanics, only the lack of content), with the best aspects of hero play from bf2. Give us the classic modes and maps we actually ask actually for and not some new brainchild like strike, jet pack cargo, or reinforcements blast, things no one ask for to my knowledge.

Cheers.

We need Battlefront 3 to be a true battlefront dedicated to infantry play while the hero fans get a dedicated hero game.

No, like it all in the same game. It was a huge undertaking and they’ve struggled, but it’s still a really good game. The next iteration will be better planned and supported and should be much better.

Dice can make a great shooter, hero play isn't their bag. EA has to have a studio that can do it great.
    Well they have made this game and even with all the downs it’s a pretty good game. They’ll be better next time. Lessons learned and such.
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member

Cheers.

Well they have made this game and even with all the downs it’s a pretty good game. They’ll be better next time. Lessons learned and such.

I want a real hero game, not to be limited to 3 abilities because they share the infantry cs.

h846398gb27k.png

Cheers.

I want a real hero game, not to be limited to 3 abilities because they share the infantry cs.

I hear you. But the advanced unit(hero) element inside a FPS game is a great concept to me.
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    More maps for Extraction.

That too. I like the mode but having just two maps of it it becomes stale and boring fast.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• bfloo
    14748 posts Member

Cheers.

I hear you. But the advanced unit(hero) element inside a FPS game is a great concept to me.

The concept is ok, but the execution is awful 2 straight games.

h846398gb27k.png

• Darth_Vapor3
    3422 posts Member
    edited January 10

Cheers.

Yeah I agree with that. If they could just get a handle on the bugs, this game would be spectacular.
  • Relmets
    2204 posts Member
    @Dash I like your priority list. Agreed. And like you said all this discourse is only helpful not harmful
    JrFett wrote: »
    I love the OP's ideas.
    On top of everything the OP said, it'd be awesome to have small upgrades for each of the "faction" weapons as well.
    Also, I just played Battlefront 2015 the other day, and I forgot how much I missed the rate of fire on the rebels weapon. It'd be nice if they upped the rate of fire and decreased the damage a bit to compensate for it?
    Another thing I noticed, and totally forgot about, in the 2015 BF, when you were close to your partner, your ability timers increased the speed of their cooldowns. It'd be awesome to see this re implemented, as it encourages sticking to your squad, and helps with using abilities a bit more frequently as well.

cheers :sunglasses:
    and squad cooldown would be neat

[+3748 posts]
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    edited January 11
    I really like Hero gameplay but I honestly agree with you. Who knows, maybe I like hero gameplay so much because the troopers never get any love? The fact that they haven't added one single new Star Card or Blaster for the Trooper classes is ridiculous. I don't think anyone could deny that.

The customization is lacking too when it comes to the Stormtroopers and Rebels/Resistance fighters. There are so many options, yet we haven't really seen them added.

A Trooper only gamemode would be pretty cool for two reasons.

1. It has been requested by a lot of people in the community. Heroes have their own gamemode so let's give one to the troopers as well, yeah?

2. I think it would be a fun mode that takes you out of the norm similar to how Cargo and Drop Zone did in Battlefront 2015.

Agreed!
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Thread is tl;dr but...

I mostly don't play Heroes, even when I've earned the battle points for them. Just not interested. I'll occasionally play HvV or HS, but maybe 1 of 10 matches at most.

I don't play GA because of the heroes -- there are too many of them, most of them are in the wrong factions, the mode has gotten WAY too focused on Heroes.

I don't want to take anything away from the hero fans. I'm glad they've gotten so much of the game designed toward them. I just think the Trooper players should get their turn now, have some parts of the game designed toward them.

Agreed.
  • Neither group here is wrong, we like what we like, we’re just a little different, and we need the best of both worlds imo, that’s why this is a good thread. We need great hero play with all the heroes, not just a few, along with many skins. We also need great infantry game because we all know dice can do that. To bad we haven’t even mentioned the poor air guys or the campaign guys yet.

Cheers.

Yeah I agree with that. If they could just get a handle on the bugs, this game would be spectacular.

Nah
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• Alex64
    6484 posts Member
    In february they will talk about trooper customization, let's keep asking for more weapons and abilities too(not only cosmetics)
  • Relmets wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    What I am not sure about is the "negligible cost". I have a feeling that playtesting and QA is what takes most of the development time from what Ben has implied a few times. I'm also thinking about Crait HvV map which was "finished" but only needed some lighting tweaks and we are still waiting for it...

I suppose you're talking about the weapons with added mods here, which is a notable point, but my personal idea for the faction defaults is just to unlock them as is. In which case none of that should apply. I still like the idea of adding mods to them but unlocking them faster might be more beneficial. And mods can hopefully be added later if that happens.

With that I was talking about weapon tweaks. Changing their stats or how they work slightly (like @Admiral_Xen suggested) so that they would feel similar in terms of TTK, but still different if you picked one instead of the other (with or without mods). Even if it was a small stats tweak, it would require playtesting time, to at least make sure that they are "balanced". They could first unlock them as they are, and then in a posterior update tweak them. I guess that doing that, everybody would be happy and once people start complaining about having 6 identical weapons with no functional changes they would finally get 24 mechanically different blasters. The more I think about it, the more it seems like a win win situation, even for DICE (since it requires a lot less work than creating new models and coding how they work).
    Alex64 wrote: »
    In february they will talk about trooper customization, let's keep asking for more weapons and abilities too(not only cosmetics)

Technically, new cards and new blasters is already customization. What they are going to give is cosmetic customization. Not that I am complaining, since done right (and for all eras) it could be a great update.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2175 posts Member
    edited January 12
    Eddie7417 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »

Jinkies!

@Empire_TW how can this threat be dealt with :flushed:

What should happen?

Finish giving us Doughku and Anakin. I don't care if The Clone Wars has begun, it's been going on long enough and has only been holding this game back.

If the new big mode is only one map then just cancel it (plans on porting supremacy over should replace it since that would be something for all maps and an alternative to GA, add turning point too, might as well, a mode is pointless if it doesn't have maps. Patch after that should focus on bug fixes. Patch after that should remove the target system, add regular cargo, and do something that hints that SFA will get attention (TIE Interceptor buff for instance) so that all 3 crowds get something. After that, the content should be made that appeases everyone. Porting modes and maps from last game would be the most ideal way to go.

The clone wars has brought a lot of people back. Obi wan, anakin, etc I doubt the gcw could've revived this game or do as well

Content is what brings people back and people shouldn't have waited over a year for a single GA map, clone wars fans have also blinded phrased things like the Geonosis patch which was one of the worst patches for this game. I also don't necessarily want people who judge content just on what era it is to come back honestly.

True content brings people back but the popularity of the clone wars definitely helped this game out. If they bring ahsoka into & judging from the data files they are it'll bring even more people back. Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

Never heard of her....

Huh that's weird she's one of the most popular female heros in star wars & played a essential part in the gcw.

I'd rather play as Jar Jar Binks than Ahsoka. Casual fans would flock to buy this game if that happened

Jar Jar as a skin would fetch a premium lol.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Neither group here is wrong, we like what we like, we’re just a little different, and we need the best of both worlds imo, that’s why this is a good thread. We need great hero play with all the heroes, not just a few, along with many skins. We also need great infantry game because we all know dice can do that. To bad we haven’t even mentioned the poor air guys or the campaign guys yet.

This is brilliantly stated. I totally agree. As for the air guys, SA needs more maps! And the campaign guys would love to see some of the small scale maps appear in the smaller modes.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Imagine mods for unlocked default blasters to go with a new one for each class...
    New equipment and cards to further each classes viability.
    Trooper only cargo and blast.

8rxjg1rgfyic.gif

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Imagine mods for unlocked default blasters to go with a new one for each class...

8rxjg1rgfyic.gif

Yassss

sp666dux4yet.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Eddie7417 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »

Jinkies!

@Empire_TW how can this threat be dealt with :flushed:

What should happen?

Finish giving us Doughku and Anakin. I don't care if The Clone Wars has begun, it's been going on long enough and has only been holding this game back.

If the new big mode is only one map then just cancel it (plans on porting supremacy over should replace it since that would be something for all maps and an alternative to GA, add turning point too, might as well, a mode is pointless if it doesn't have maps. Patch after that should focus on bug fixes. Patch after that should remove the target system, add regular cargo, and do something that hints that SFA will get attention (TIE Interceptor buff for instance) so that all 3 crowds get something. After that, the content should be made that appeases everyone. Porting modes and maps from last game would be the most ideal way to go.

The clone wars has brought a lot of people back. Obi wan, anakin, etc I doubt the gcw could've revived this game or do as well

Content is what brings people back and people shouldn't have waited over a year for a single GA map, clone wars fans have also blinded phrased things like the Geonosis patch which was one of the worst patches for this game. I also don't necessarily want people who judge content just on what era it is to come back honestly.

True content brings people back but the popularity of the clone wars definitely helped this game out. If they bring ahsoka into & judging from the data files they are it'll bring even more people back. Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

Never heard of her....

Huh that's weird she's one of the most popular female heros in star wars & played a essential part in the gcw.

I'd rather play as Jar Jar Binks than Ahsoka. Casual fans would flock to buy this game if that happened

Jar Jar as a skin would fetch a premium.

My completely unrealistic dream would be to play as Jar Jar with a Target on my back skin. I’d pay full price of the game for that.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1938 posts Member
    edited January 12
    This thread is just great haha.
  • Relmets
    2204 posts Member
    This thread is just great haha.

tenor.gif?itemid=5215346

rollind24 wrote: »
    Wanted to add, upon further consideration of the "nothing until the game is fixed" mentality, I don't think it's that great of an idea. I'm taking something I said in another thread and putting it here. I don't blame people for wanting the bugs gone (obviously) but there's more to consider:

When they have failed to fill a hole in the wall on Yavin on the first try, you aren't going to convince me that they'll be able to make the rest of the game work in a reasonable amount of time.

I deal with bugs when I play, but nothing that I would qualify as completely unplayable. I play my fair share of heroes too, and even with the more prominent bugs there, I still don't feel like the game is on the brink of collapse in terms of functionality. I'm more inclined to agree with Jett_Fett_91166 , what's killing the experience for me is the monotony of selecting from four different blasters per class, having an underwhelming amount of trooper customization, things like that.

Also it's convenient for some hero players (not necessarily you) to call for a halt on the already underwhelming flow of content when so many of the new additions have been in their favor.

Sure there are hero players who would trade the four new heroes for smoother gameplay, but how much longer do the rest of us, who are still waiting for our turn on the content train, need to keep waiting due to hero focus? And I'm calling this rally for "fixes-first" a "hero focus" because as a trooper player I have not once encountered a bug that made me think "they need to stop working on any new content and fix this right away."

Another thing I think is worth considering as well is that by their nature, heroes may be more prone to bugs due to how much more complex of an addition they are, than something like a blaster. Of course it's not like we'd know because after more than a year they haven't added any new blasters.

tumblr_phuauckc2f1vmtu4do4_500.gif

Exactly, most of the bugs are hero related anyways so that’s just another plus in the column for trooper content.

bNWIq4N.png
    [+3748 posts]
  • Alex64
    6484 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Imagine mods for unlocked default blasters to go with a new one for each class...

8rxjg1rgfyic.gif

Where do i sign?
    Estacionar+una+Bicicleta.gif
  • I think a healthy mix of hero and trooper content is necessary for the game. After we have the two more heroes coming, I think some trooper content would be appreciated. At least one new star card for each of the four basic classes sounds really appealing. For example, I would love to have a Scramble Vanguard (unlockable at Level 35) for the Assault Class that would be a mix of the Specialist’s Infiltration and the Assault’s Vanguard.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Relmets
    2204 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I will... You've been getting your precious trooper content. You got Extraction. You got Geonosis two months before HvV got it. You keep getting your skins. We've been waiting on new skins for launch heroes for some time.

A ported mode (with two maps and enforcers) is not on par at all with what hero players have received thus far

And GAnosis is not trooper content. Other small modes are getting that map at the same time as HvV.

I'm not keen on new maps without fresh trooper gameplay anyways

1RICRUQ.jpg

Oh and I forgot to mention, let's not count a bunch of clone recolors that have been mined from launch and then a year later drip fed at the rate of one or two per month as trooper players "getting skins," heroes are much more well-off in the skins department
    [+3748 posts]
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Heroes are to this game what Jedi were to Star Wars Galaxies. Killing it slowly.

Star Wars Galaxies was awesome until Jedi were released to be unlocked through random holocrons/mastering different skill trees. I used to love PVP on my Pistoleer Defense Stack Fencing/Pikeman. I had an acklay Stun baton sliced up nice. I had exceptional mind fire and mind poison night sister lances I farmed off of NS Elders. With a nice stash of PVP composite sliced armor too. Those were the good old days. :disappointed:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Relmets wrote: »

Bring on the improved trooper play! The best chance this game stands to get a balanced mode and fair gameplay will have to involve ‘trooper classes only’.
    C A R G O T I M E

LEZZZZZZ GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dtwyvw42rehm.gif

Lmao, I would say don’t forget dropzone buuuuut, I don’t want a watered down version.
  • Relmets
    2204 posts Member

Bring on the improved trooper play! The best chance this game stands to get a balanced mode and fair gameplay will have to involve ‘trooper classes only’.
    C A R G O T I M E

dtwyvw42rehm.gif

Lmao, I would say don’t forget dropzone buuuuut, I don’t want a watered down version.

Loved DZ as well, played it at first actually before cargo, but once I got into cargo that was it

I think what put me off about drop zone were some of the maps. ESPECIALLY sulfur fields. God I hated being spawned on the complete opposite side of the map from the pod.

Then again DZ had Dune Sea which was top-notch
    [+3748 posts]
  • Yeah some of the spawns were definitely trash.
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member

C A R G O T I M E

dtwyvw42rehm.gif

Loved DZ as well, played it at first actually before cargo, but once I got into cargo that was it

I think what put me off about drop zone were some of the maps. ESPECIALLY sulfur fields. God I hated being spawned on the complete opposite side of the map from the pod.

The only DZ map I really enjoyed was Bespin with 3 pods at once

h846398gb27k.png

• Relmets
    2204 posts Member

C A R G O T I M E

dtwyvw42rehm.gif

The only DZ map I really enjoyed was Bespin with 3 pods at once
    Immersive Bioniip Labs. More ported 2015front maps to accompany weapons and the trooper mode would be lovely.

I've heard that Bioniip is actually in the campaign, but I don't remember because I don't recall anything from the campaign honestly.
    [+3748 posts]