criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Community Survey - January 2019

Prev1
F8RGE
777 posts EA Community Manager
Now we're into 2019 let's kick things off with another Community Survey for Star Wars Battlefront II.

Your feedback really does help and allows us to track how things are going and where we can improve on various things.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWBFIIJAN19

Replies

• IronSoldier
    3593 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Done!
  • Done also.
  • Cadoth
    1092 posts Member
    Finished. I like these community surveys
  • i'm done. i like these cause i know that you care and that is what helps me keep my sanity ;)
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Done! Hoping to see more skins for launch heroes!
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    4th Ability Concept - Yoda

1j58fmke3evs.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮
    𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘯, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘖𝘬𝘢𝘺? ❞
    - Leia Organa

• Dash
    11609 posts Member
    Filled it out.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    Filled it out.

i bet they'll enjoy his response...
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Roger Roger survey complete
  • Seemed brief.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Did we receive feedback / implementation based on the previous surveys or did I miss it?

Okay so I looked at the Survey Questions 80% repeat of previous one(s) and vague question about preferred Era ( doubtful sample size will be viable ? as most players will not visit sites to tale a survey? )
  • Completed your questionare.

@Old_fella_1963 they’d only need about 100 completes to build a perceptual map of our feedback on the scaled responses. Sample size likely wouldn’t be an issue for this type of survey - plus the smaller the number the more your individual response stands out :)
  • I gave them my feedback. It felt nice to vent.
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    2552 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Done.

I asked for more skins, maps, and weapons (all must haves). I also asked for more online content to be available in Arcade.
    And Rogue One content. ;)
    Post edited by The_Sith_Apprentice on
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • I let you guys have it.
  • Probably just a gesture to make it look like they're listening...they don't have to take one glance at them....just steady their "course". They've done these before to little outcome.
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited January 11
    I asked for more arcade. :)

February's new game mode for arcade. ;)
  • Using Survey Monkey for Community feedback is a great idea. Kudos for that.

Anyway, more maps was my biggest request.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Done. Maps for neglected modes please.
  • Chem0
    140 posts Member
    I asked for more arcade. :)

February's new game mode for arcade. ;)

That would be awesome. Alongside with new maps for SA and Extraction for starters.
  • 1. How likely is it that you would recommend Star Wars Battlefront II to a friend or colleague? 8
    2. What changes would the team have to make for you to give it a higher rating? - More maps like Sullust, DS, Scariff, Vardos, Pillio, Mustafar, Jedah, Corellia, Eadu for Extraction, SA, GA, Strike, Blast and HvV modes. New star fighters: B-wing, Delta 7, TIE Defender, TIE Heavy, TIE Phantom. Large trooper only mode. New blasters/weapons available via Hutt contracts. Shock/Shadow Trooper, X-wing and TIE pilot skins. More alien species skins. More skins for LUKE. Player stats. Increase max level. Interactive environment items like tanks/canisters that explode when shot as is available in the campaign. Functioning Astromechs and Viper droids. Fixes for bugs map exploits.
    3. What is your primary community channel of choice? EA Forums
    4. On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent) how would you rate the communication and engagement you receive from your Community Team? 7
    5. On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent) how would you rate the Community Transmissions? 8
    6. What does the Community Team do really well? Communicate what they are allowed to communicate when they are allowed to communicate it.
    7. Which is your favorite Star Wars era? OT

Done.
    #StarWars-y
  • Probably just a gesture to make it look like they're listening...they don't have to take one glance at them....just steady their "course". They've done these before to little outcome.

Appeasing the pesky and vocal forum crowd. And then do whatever they have planned to do anyway. But they listened.

"we can improve on various things" - couldn't be more vague. Very politician-like. Whatever is done, will be presented as: See, we're doing stuff! But is it what the community really wanted or needed?

I wished for bug/glitch fixes, server maintenance/upgrades (lags and such) and, of course, for more content.
  • jonci
    1008 posts Member
    Done
    But question 7 should have included the additional films, so i could have clicked Rogue One, as i would love 2 elements included in Star fighter, mode the attack on Edu station and the attack on Scarif.
    Or even for the extraction fans an extraction map for the rebel assault against the Imperial kyber transport in Jedha city.
  • DarthJ
    6539 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »
    Done
    But question 7 should have included the additional films, so i could have clicked Rogue One, as i would love 2 elements included in Star fighter, mode the attack on Edu station and the attack on Scarif.
    Or even for the extraction fans an extraction map for the rebel assault against the Imperial kyber transport in Jedha city.

I'd hope that they would class Rogue One and even Solo in OT - that's what I picked thinking on those plus the original films anyway.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    1. How likely is it that you would recommend Star Wars Battlefront II to a friend or colleague? 8
    2. What changes would the team have to make for you to give it a higher rating? - More maps like Sullust, DS, Scariff, Vardos, Pillio, Mustafar, Jedah, Corellia, Eadu for Extraction, SA, GA, Strike, Blast and HvV modes. New star fighters: B-wing, Delta 7, TIE Defender, TIE Heavy, TIE Phantom. Large trooper only mode. New blasters/weapons available via Hutt contracts. Shock/Shadow Trooper, X-wing and TIE pilot skins. More alien species skins. More skins for LUKE. Player stats. Increase max level. Interactive environment items like tanks/canisters that explode when shot as is available in the campaign. Functioning Astromechs and Viper droids. Fixes for bugs map exploits.
    4. On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent) how would you rate the communication and engagement you receive from your Community Team? 7
    5. On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent) how would you rate the Community Transmissions? 8
    6. What does the Community Team do really well? Communicate what they are allowed to communicate when they are allowed to communicate it.

Done.
    Answers to Questions 4,5 & 6

You can’t be serious
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    1. How likely is it that you would recommend Star Wars Battlefront II to a friend or colleague? 8

Done.

You can’t be serious

So you are OK with my answers for questions 1, 2, 3 and 7? yay.
    Most times I'm not serious, but I am honest. I gave the answers that I felt were warranted by what EA/DICE has done with this game based on questions that are subjective and vague at best. More direct questions would warrant more direct responses.

And your answers to questions 4, 5 & 6 were...
    #StarWars-y
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    Sevens and eights seem reasonable considering that the people who give us information aren't the same people who make the decisions.
    The thing is, the game was created by Dice* and published by EA, but Disney, I believe, has final say on how it's property (Star Wars) is used. Even on the "Concept Art of Star Wars Battlefront II" pages, they reference working with Lucasfilm.

* with help from Motive and Criterion.

I dont think you can separate dice out and say they are doing fine under the circumstances when its unclear exactly where the problem lies. They are all in this together and the communication has been poor. Wheres the December road map?
  • And let's not even get started on the EORMM "communication ".
  • Done. Kept my answers as vague as the questions.
  • Done.
  • Let me summarize my answers: Why have we not gotten any more blasters since launch?

No, Finn and Captain Phasma don't count.
  • i said more prequel stuff and story modes plus making big maps we need and heros
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »

Done.

You can’t be serious

Most times I'm not serious, but I am honest. I gave the answers that I felt were warranted by what EA/DICE has done with this game based on questions that are subjective and vague at best. More direct questions would warrant more direct responses.

Can’t remember off the top of my head but all three of them the answers would have been 3 or lower
  • Another survey that didn't ask enough questions. I did it, but I wish it asked more questions.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »

Done.

You can’t be serious

Can’t remember off the top of my head but all three of them the answers would have been 3 or lower

Ouch.
    #StarWars-y
  • JMaster
    2179 posts Member
    1. How likely is it that you would recommend Star Wars Battlefront II to a friend or colleague?- I'll give it a 6.
    2.What changes would the team have to make for you to give it a higher rating?- Fixing or removing the End of Round matchmaking so it's optional and we don't have to leave a game we like.
    More regular content updates, primarily things like maps, weapons, and new or expansions to existing modes (Extraction, Starfighter Assault, GA, Cargo, Hunt, etc.).
    Bug fixes. Balancing tweaks that have been needed for months.
    More skins to purchase, both for infantry (especially factions with none at the moment), and heroes (namely characters like Luke, Obi-Wan, Maul, Han and Leia), as well as gender and alien options for all classes and factions (that make sense, no female Clones or alien Stormtroopers).
    Ports from the previous game, as one day the DLC maps will be completely unplayable.
    More community requests, and surveys that are on the main page of the game itself to better get a sample of all Battlefront 2 players.
    3. What is your primary community channel of choice?- You're on 'em. Official Forums all the way.
    4. On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent) how would you rate the communication and engagement you receive from your Community Team?- I'll give it an 8, it's a lot better now.
    5. On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent) how would you rate the Community Transmissions?- 8. They're well done, hats off to Ben.
    6. What does the Community Team do really well?- They go in-depth with the content that is being given, at the times they're able to show them.
    7. Which is your favorite Star Wars era?- As much as I like playing Clone Wars and PT maps and heroes, OT all the way.
    Hope this helps!

"I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • I like these community surveys, gonna be honest i like how you are always communicating with the community on multiple platforms (reddit, discord, forums, etc..) and the trailers are done well!
    vp5mrloc8rmu.gif
  • I like these community surveys, gonna be honest i like how you are always communicating with the community on multiple platforms (reddit, discord, forums, etc..) and the trailers are done well!

I'll agree with the last statement.
  • Seronax wrote: »
    This weekend we tried to make a full roster in SA, premade between the Renegades vs BLK SQ, we were planned to play 2hr , instead of playing thanks to your AWFULL Pathetic EOR matchmaking we got seperated every time a round was over and had to wait 20min to find eachother again cause your junk system repeatedly sent us to different empty lobbies, can we wipe that failure system out once and for all? Cause its pure cancer atm.

Agree x 10000
    t4j66mw25azl.gif
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • done..
    questions are really silly..
    you cant answer in detail.
    what about movies like rogue one..was awsum
    solo was awsum.
    game improvements?

recommend the game? absolutely..
    but finding people to play with is the biggest question...is this game dead? cause allways need people to start game like 14-19 people.

what does that say?
  • Done!
  • One year and there are still so many things wrong with this game.
  • dennimon wrote: »
    what about movies like rogue one..was awsum
    solo was awsum.

I see you are a man of culture as well.
  • Sigh, I missed it.
    You know what they say, it pays to be on time.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Seemed brief.

That's how it was last time, and now it seems closed. One wonders why the thread is still stickied for a poll we can't answer.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.