criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

People are still hiding in the walls...

2Next

Replies

• TjPunx wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Yeah so it's been over a year now and people are still hiding in walls.

Had a very neat match on Hoth the other day with @Phantom_A320 and @Admiral_Xen.

I'm gonna block most of the guy's name because naming and shaming are against the rules but I'm gonna leave a small bit there to prove it is the same person.

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

He hid in the wall as Boba Fett, all game...
    apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

He even took some time out of his busy exploiting to emote me

He switched spots a few times too
    gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

He isn't flying here, he is walking on an invisible ceiling
    puflkzstdrkw.jpg

We still ended up winning but only because we were lucky that killed their first few targets.
    t4s7rf0772ld.png

Surprising enough he stayed for next round.
    0m7vxxkeyasj.png

Did he try and fight this time?

Nope, tried to hide in the walls again as Luke but the thing is Luke tends to get stuck when trying to clip into the wall.
    ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

He was really gonna do this again.
    7hy7ymti0opt.png

Then one of us picked Boba Fett and went into his little hiding spot and killed him and he proceeded to quit.
    xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

I really don't think I have to explain why this is infuriating and shouldn't be happening but another thing to consider is that given that he alone quit that means he was alone and his teammates got to be slaughtered over and over again. How is that fair to them and why is this still allowed?

Hiding in walls is a defensive tactic
    That's the current state of STAR WARS Battlefront II. People can come here and brag that they exploit the game, with absolutely no fear of punishment or concern that their cherished exploits will be fixed.

If it’s in the game it’s usable. Why would be afraid of bragging about it. It’s not cheating

Cheater. It’s not intended for use.

It was an accidental oversight and anyone using it to gain an advantage is cheating. Much like yourself.

This is the bottom line, undeniable point. Taking advantage of an operational error is not a strategy. There’s really no better word... it’s cheating.

Had a very neat match on Hoth the other day with @Phantom_A320 and @Admiral_Xen.

I'm gonna block most of the guy's name because naming and shaming are against the rules but I'm gonna leave a small bit there to prove it is the same person.

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

We still ended up winning but only because we were lucky that killed their first few targets.
    t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

Nope, tried to hide in the walls again as Luke but the thing is Luke tends to get stuck when trying to clip into the wall.
    ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

Then one of us picked Boba Fett and went into his little hiding spot and killed him and he proceeded to quit.
    xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

I really don't think I have to explain why this is infuriating and shouldn't be happening but another thing to consider is that given that he alone quit that means he was alone and his teammates got to be slaughtered over and over again. How is that fair to them and why is this still allowed?

That's the current state of STAR WARS Battlefront II. People can come here and brag that they exploit the game, with absolutely no fear of punishment or concern that their cherished exploits will be fixed.

If it’s in the game it’s usable. Why would be afraid of bragging about it. It’s not cheating

It was an accidental oversight and anyone using it to gain an advantage is cheating. Much like yourself.

This is the bottom line, undeniable point. Taking advantage of an operational error is not a strategy. There’s really no better word... it’s cheating.

Just curious, has it been explicitly confirmed by the development team or dice that it is either an accidental oversight or a glitch/bug?

I’m picking no side here as mine will be determined by the above which I genuinely don’t know the answer to.

Calling someone a cheater isnt something to be taken lightly
  • You know, because we don't want to hurt the feelings of 9 year olds whom think this is hilarious.

Be careful man. I got banned a week for calling someone a middle schooler.

i'm a middle schooler...
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • TjPunx
    1242 posts Member

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

It’s exploiting a flaw. Much like the rebels exploited a flaw in the Death Star’s exhaust port

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

Just curious, has it been explicitly confirmed by the development team or dice that it is either an accidental oversight or a glitch/bug?

I’m picking no side here as mine will be determined by the above which I genuinely don’t know the answer to.

I think it’s oretty safe to assume that a spot (sometimes VERY obscure spots) that allow you to clip through the map are unintended. They are comepletly useless and offer nothing for the game mode. Other than people who use them to exploit and hide.

If DICE came out and said they intended on these areas they’d probably never be recruited to develop a video game ever again. At least I know I’d never personally recommend they be used.
  • TjPunx
    1242 posts Member

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

It is exploiting a flaw in the game. Much like the Rebel’s exploited a flaw against the Death star’s exhaust port

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

It is exploiting a flaw in the game. Much like the Rebel’s exploited a flaw against the Death star’s exhaust port

Glad you’re finally admitting you’re an exploiter. Aka cheater.

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

I think it’s oretty safe to assume that a spot (sometimes VERY obscure spots) that allow you to clip through the map are unintended. They are comepletly useless and offer nothing for the game mode. Other than people who use them to exploit and hide.

If DICE came out and said they intended on these areas they’d probably never be recruited to develop a video game ever again. At least I know I’d never personally recommend they be used.

People would have assumed allowing a character to shoot through walls was unintended....

Although I blatantly maximised this, and was called a cheater daily, even by my own team, I treated this as working as intended. I am inclined to believe a hiding spot is likely more intended than firing through walls but that’s only my opinion.

I don’t condone it and would class it as exploiting personally but until it’s said it isn’t it must be treated as working as intended. Sadly DICE have made it that way by their track record

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

Honestly, I don’t know if they have. I do know, based on your posts, that you are well versed in the FPS genre. Do developers typically put hidden, completely unannounced wall holes in multiplayer games? Has Dice intended this for BF2? I don’t think so. What do you think?

I’ll say this. I figured out the Yavin glitch last summer while I was power leveling my heroes in HvV. My opponents had been using it to win. Subsequent to that, on two occasions, I did the same. During those two times I was hiding there, I was cheating.

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

Honestly, I don’t know if they have. I do know, based on your posts, that you are well versed in the FPS genre. Do developers typically put hidden, completely unannounced wall holes in multiplayer games? Has Dice intended this for BF2? I don’t think so. What do you think?

I’ll say this. I figured out the Yavin glitch last summer while I was power leveling my heroes in HvV. My opponents had been using it to win. Subsequent to that, on two occasions, I did the same. During those two times I was hiding there, I was cheating.

No they don’t, however they usually also don’t allow characters to shoot through walls or do half the rubbish that is in the game either via glitch/bug or working as intended.

I just can’t call it cheating when one example alone makes me doubt if it is even a bug. I personally blame the developers not the players since communication is too poor and the line between working as intendedor not cannot be determined easily
  • Relmets
    1419 posts Member
    I'm not sure how we're having a conversation about whether a graphically-glitched hole in the environment that is inaccessible to half of the hero roster is intended or not

Unless that's their idea of an easter egg or something
    :#
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Relmets wrote: »
    I'm not sure how we're having a conversation about whether a graphically-glitched hole in the environment that is inaccessible to half of the hero roster is intended or not

@Phantom_A320 did you see the Easter Bunny in there when you flew in there?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Hiding in a wall glitch is unsportsmanlike.

I did have one time on Yavin when a player was hiding in the wall, and somehow I was able to enter into the same wall and chase him out.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »

@Phantom_A320 did you see the Easter Bunny in there when you flew in there?

No but I’m pretty sure I saw Loki, the god of mischief.

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

No they don’t, however they usually also don’t allow characters to shoot through walls or do half the rubbish that is in the game either via glitch/bug or working as intended.

I just can’t call it cheating when one example alone makes me doubt if it is even a bug. I personally blame the developers not the players since communication is too poor and the line between working as intendedor not cannot be determined easily

Exploiting then... and exploiters. Let’s call it that. Still, others have a valid argument equating exploiting to cheating.

I think there are many examples of it though, across a number of maps. We’ve all seen the videos here. Just look at the OP.

You’re right, it falls squarely on the developers shoulders. They’ve corrected some, failed on some others, and there’s still some they haven’t even tried.

• Relmets wrote: »
    my logic is if they can't stop the wall exploit then tell it to everyone so everyone can counter it

By far the most logical thing they can do right now is remove the target system

Give Han a jetpack to give Boba a tougher competition
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    edited January 14

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

Congrats, you earned it....

noob.jpg
    boiouj575fjj.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• The best thing to do when you see a player the exploits walls (or runs the entire match) is to just quit out and let them play by themselves. That is what I always do.
  • If things keep going personal and on the direction of attacking different opinions, this thread will get closed in no time, and this topic is important enough for it not to.

If there is any doubt if this is intentional or not, well I assure it isn't. There's no visible hole in the walls. Many times they even have their collision applied correctly, and the dodge method must be used to clip through objects so they push you across the wall.

And most importantly, when you cross to the paralell universe behind the walls, it really behaves as a paralell universe, textures glitch, their render distances get messed up, character models may start to flicker, and many times you get unobstructed access to the bottomless Pit every map has. They'd never release a map in such state, so access to these areas is certainly not intended.

They also keep deleting posts explaining how to do it, and videos showing these places if you post these here or even in their bug reporting forum. So it isn't intentional at all.

The existence of many of these for so many patches shows how lazy/uninterested they actually are on fixing their game. This type of BUG is the easiest to fix, and there are countless examples where they already did that. But their maps are so bugged, and the dodge method to clip is so powerful, that people keep finding new ways to go behind walls on every map over and over again.

Despite not being in favor of removing the target system (not that I find it good, but I fear changes in the hands of DICE, and the mode is playable, even with runners and hiders, so I prefer not to touch it), I think the only reason these places behind walls aren't just funny harmless easter eggs is because the target system exists (and in Hero Showdown it can happen, but it usually doesn't give you a victory, but in the best case a Draw). Getting rid of the target system gets rid of the harmful nature of behind the walls exploiting.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Still hiding in walls. Sigh
  • If things keep going personal and on the direction of attacking different opinions, this thread will get closed in no time, and this topic is important enough for it not to.

If there is any doubt if this is intentional or not, well I assure it isn't. There's no visible hole in the walls. Many times they even have their collision applied correctly, and the dodge method must be used to clip through objects so they push you across the wall.

And most importantly, when you cross to the paralell universe behind the walls, it really behaves as a paralell universe, textures glitch, their render distances get messed up, character models may start to flicker, and many times you get unobstructed access to the bottomless Pit every map has. They'd never release a map in such state, so access to these areas is certainly not intended.

They also keep deleting posts explaining how to do it, and videos showing these places if you post these here or even in their bug reporting forum. So it isn't intentional at all.

The existence of many of these for so many patches shows how lazy/uninterested they actually are on fixing their game. This type of BUG is the easiest to fix, and there are countless examples where they already did that. But their maps are so bugged, and the dodge method to clip is so powerful, that people keep finding new ways to go behind walls on every map over and over again.

Despite not being in favor of removing the target system (not that I find it good, but I fear changes in the hands of DICE, and the mode is playable, even with runners and hiders, so I prefer not to touch it), I think the only reason these places behind walls aren't just funny harmless easter eggs is because the target system exists (and in Hero Showdown it can happen, but it usually doesn't give you a victory, but in the best case a Draw). Getting rid of the target system gets rid of the harmful nature of behind the walls exploiting.

I am also afraid that TDM would not be as much fun as HvV can be when played without map exploiters hiding in walls. Maybe make TDM event first and then make it permanent mode if that is more fun.
  • Players only take advantage of this crap because of the stupid "Target" System.

If someone would hide during a "Heroes Deathmatch" instead, we could just let them rot in their stinking holes, while we kill their teammates. Simple as that.

This
  • if they can't stop wall exploits then everyone should know about them so then it would just be like as if it was a part of the map
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • The best thing to do when you see a player the exploits walls (or runs the entire match) is to just quit out and let them play by themselves. That is what I always do.

So do I. Otherwise I stop chasing the target.
  • TjPunx
    1242 posts Member

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

It’s a flaw in the game to exploit. Much like the Rebel’s exploited a flaw in the Death Star’s exhaust port
  • TjPunx
    1242 posts Member

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

It’s a flaw in the game to exploit. Much like the Rebel’s exploited a flaw in the Death Star’s exhaust port
  • IronSoldier
    3223 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Closing this thread here.

Players should not be utilising these glitches. It is called exploiting and violates the ToS. Report users as per guidelines (preferably with a video).

If you have a video or know where a spot such as this can be exploited. Send them my way and i'll raise it with the team.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!