criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

No more saber heroes after Anakin

Prev134
Mastahpeece
2063 posts Member
edited January 14
giphy.gif

No more lightsaber heroes after Anakin, not unless they MAJORLY improve the saber combat. And even then I’d take 10 more blaster heroes over a single saber

I can understand why Obi, Ani, Dooku, Grievous were the first heroes they’ve decided to add post-launch but we’re only halfway through them being added and I’m already bored of new saber heroes (I am somewhat excited for Dooku although I’m worried they’ll mess up his abilities and voice)

Let’s begin
qv9volapa6mm.gif

Repetition

There’s only so much you can do with saber heroes before they start feeling samey. Hell, the LS saber heroes already feel petty much the same with all of them sharing similar abilities.

Let’s look at Ahsoka, undeniably one of the most requested heroic figures. Speaking from an unbiased view, What does she bring to the table? All Out Repulse? Grievous has 2 sabers and plays no differently to your average saber user

Now let’s look at Baze M’albus, undeniably one of the coolest units. What does he bring to the table? A rapid fire heavy blaster and shotgun in one, and we’d finally have a LS tank

More HvV variety
Right now HvV is dominated by sabers and unless you’re playing Boba, you’ll probably get ganged up on for an easy kill

Trying to play as Han and getting stunlocked by sabers
giphy.gif

New blaster heroes will create more variety as people are always drawn to new things

2 Repe 2 Tition

With saber heroes the only 2 I can think of who would bring something new are Qui-Gon and Mace. Blaster heroes?

Chirrut Imwe
Jyn Erso
Cassian Andor
Baze Malbus
Admiral Ackbar
Nien Nunb
Krennic
Tarkin
Dengar
IG-88
4-LOM
Zuckuss
Jango Fett
Nute Gunray
Embo

All of these offer more than a single saber could except for the 2 I mentioned above. Do we really need more spammy sabers?
hr1a2wu3wgx7.gif

TLDR: add blaster heroes ok
giphy.gif
Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
uruzea55jgr4.png

Replies

• giphy.gif

No more lightsaber heroes after Anakin, not unless they MAJORLY improve the saber combat. And even then I’d take 10 more blaster heroes over a single saber

I can understand why Obi, Ani, Dooku, Grievous were the first heroes they’ve decided to add post-launch but we’re only halfway through them being added and I’m already bored of new saber heroes (I am somewhat excited for Dooku although I’m worried they’ll mess up his abilities and voice)

Let’s begin
    qv9volapa6mm.gif

Repetition

There’s only so much you can do with saber heroes before they start feeling samey. Hell, the LS saber heroes already feel petty much the same with all of them sharing similar abilities.

Let’s look at Ahsoka, undeniably one of the most requested heroic figures. Speaking from an unbiased view, What does she bring to the table? All Out Repulse? Grievous has 2 sabers and plays no differently to your average saber user

Now let’s look at Baze M’albus, undeniably one of the coolest units. What does he bring to the table? A rapid fire heavy blaster and shotgun in one, and we’d finally have a LS tank

More HvV variety
    Right now HvV is dominated by sabers and unless you’re playing Boba, you’ll probably get ganged up on for an easy kill

giphy.gif

New blaster heroes will create more variety as people are always drawn to new things

2 Repe 2 Tition

With saber heroes the only 2 I can think of who would bring something new are Qui-Gon and Mace. Blaster heroes?

Chirrut Imwe
    Jyn Erso
    Cassian Andor
    Baze Malbus
    Admiral Ackbar
    Nien Nunb
    Krennic
    Tarkin
    Dengar
    IG-88
    4-LOM
    Zuckuss
    Jango Fett
    Nute Gunray
    Embo

All of these offer more than a single saber could except for the 2 I mentioned above. Do we really need more spammy sabers?
    hr1a2wu3wgx7.gif

giphy.gif

i agree to this especially the bounty hunters but were the gifs all being doc oc on purpose?
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • giphy.gif

Let’s begin
    qv9volapa6mm.gif

Repetition

More HvV variety

giphy.gif

2 Repe 2 Tition

Chirrut Imwe
    Jyn Erso
    Cassian Andor
    Baze Malbus
    Admiral Ackbar
    Nien Nunb
    Krennic
    Tarkin
    Dengar
    IG-88
    4-LOM
    Zuckuss
    Jango Fett
    Nute Gunray
    Embo

hr1a2wu3wgx7.gif

giphy.gif

i agree to this especially the bounty hunters but were the gifs all being doc oc on purpose?

gnolmzxgf4bp.gif

Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • LOL, what's with the Doc Oc. Such a naff villain :dizzy:

Anywaaaay...

I agree. No more Sabres unless it's Mace.

I really think DICE missed a trick here re Bounty Hunters. In SFA you have 3 Falcons to chose from and once one is taken, the others are greyed out:

Using that approach, I think it would have been great if bounty hunters like Embo, Aurra - hell, even Hondo - et al were avaiable to be picked by LS and DS and when doing so, they become greyed out for the other team until killed.

It might also help balance the DS advantage in HVV.

But seriously, Nute Gunray? What would his abilities be? lol. I do love 'im but I can't see him getting into much of the fray.

pH
  • I agree with your list of heroes/villains.
  • The Doctor Octopus stuff was pointless. I think so, and so does Cassian.
  • The Doctor Octopus stuff was pointless.
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    LOL, what's with the Doc Oc. Such a naff villain

mjy5rwxkwaim.gif
    I really think DICE missed a trick here re Bounty Hunters. In SFA you have 3 Falcons to chose from and once one is taken, the others are greyed out:

But seriously, Nute Gunray? What would his abilities be? lol. I do love 'im but I can't see him getting into much of the fray.

I agree with the grey area heroes, would be a fun and dynamic addition to the game. There’s some I would not want to see playing on the LS, but others would work perfectly for it.

Nute could temporarily lock blast doors :blush: , call in droideka reinforcements, and generally have sneaky underhanded tactics.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    LOL, what's with the Doc Oc. Such a naff villain :dizzy:
    The Doctor Octopus stuff was pointless. I think so, and so does Cassian.

Would you have preferred Ainsley gifs?
    r1plkw7f8xfn.gif

Using that approach, I think it would have been great if bounty hunters like Embo, Aurra - hell, even Hondo - et al were avaiable to be picked by LS and DS and when doing so, they become greyed out for the other team until killed.

It might also help balance the DS advantage in HVV.

It would be cool to have some grey area heroes. Keep more aligned ones like Boba, Bossk, Dengar etc with the Empire but have a few that could be chosen from either side

As Piscettios said, he could maybe lock doors, summon droidekas and other sneaky stuff

I see him being a stealthy troll hero like Nien was in BF15

Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • People in this thread having a problem with the Doc theme, be thankful our friend OP decided to make an actual interesting and engaging discussion, complete with gifs, instead of a generic blob post. Character themed threads are gold.
    VbA4hLV.gif
    That aside, GREAT thread. When heroes become a priority again hopefully this is one of the topics they look at, after four new saber heroes I'd say we're fine in the saber department for a while.

I do think it's easier to get creative with the blaster heroes, blasters can be very dynamic both in look and feel whereas sabers themselves are essentially the same thing with different colors. Of course that's not to say that all saber heroes are the same, but in general when playing HvV I feel more varied switching from one blaster to another compared with one saber to another, speaking in terms of primary weapon combat.

Heroes like Chirrut and Baze, as you said, offer some great hybrid weapons, especially Chirrut with a combination of ranged and melee. Jango with the dual wielding, Krennic with that slick space revolver, there's a lot of potential to be had here.

And of course seeing a complete set of ESB bounty hunters would be incredible on the iconic value alone, but ALL of them is wishful thinking obviously.

Nothing else to add, blaster heroes before saber heroes.
    P.S. sign me up for faction neutral additions. Having heroes that are only loyal to the highest bidder would be neat.
    [+3748 posts]
  • Wat Tambor and Poggle the Lesser should be a the heroes after Anakin, and the good guys get Bail Organa and Orn Fee Taa.

But in all seriousness I would rather them focus on new maps and blasters then add other heroes. But ideally Kit Fisto and Ventress would be cool since they were in the original 2005 Battlefront 2 DLC.
  • The_Count wrote: »
    Wat Tambor and Poggle the Lesser should be a the heroes after Anakin, and the good guys get Bail Organa and Orn Fee Taa.

But in all seriousness I would rather them focus on new maps and blasters then add other heroes. But ideally Kit Fisto and Ventress would be cool since they were in the original 2005 Battlefront 2 DLC.

Trooper content first of course, but when heroes are on the menu again, keep the lightsabers off
    [+3748 posts]
  • commander cody, padme and jango are a must imo.
  • Poe Dameron and General Hux, and we'll have heroes enough for all eras :smile:
  • Uhm if it's not rex, Cody etc no.
    Gonna need a little more than "Uhm no"
    XSX2Hgo.gif
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    The_Count wrote: »
    Wat Tambor and Poggle the Lesser should be a the heroes after Anakin, and the good guys get Bail Organa and Orn Fee Taa.

Trooper content first of course, but when heroes are on the menu again, keep the lightsabers off

Most definitely new trooper content (maps, weapons, outfits etc.) first.
  • Phyrebrat
    823 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Piscettios wrote: »
    The Doctor Octopus stuff was pointless.
    LOL, what's with the Doc Oc. Such a naff villain

mjy5rwxkwaim.gif

I agree with the grey area heroes, would be a fun and dynamic addition to the game. There’s some I would not want to see playing on the LS, but others would work perfectly for it.

Nute could temporarily lock blast doors :blush: , call in droideka reinforcements, and generally have sneaky underhanded tactics.

LMAO @ Doc oc gif

Okay, Am now totally sold on Nute Gunray. I would pay 10k of BP to be able to do sneaky ish. :smiley: My heart is palpitating at the thought of his emotes.

pH

• When someone says that Ahsoka must come before Baze

y0t92qhj87cc.gif

Ahsoka before the mighty Baze?
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
    What if it was fan favourite Commander Pounds?
    v4g9jir3qpf8.jpeg
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • (I am somewhat excited for Dooku)
    Yes!!!
    Hype for Count Tyranus

bpej7643nwk8.jpg
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• Alex64
    7027 posts Member
    Saber combat is laughable so Saber heroes too.
  • bfloo
    15010 posts Member
    ehre8x8218hu.png

5char
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Alex64
    7027 posts Member
    Uhm if it's not rex, Cody etc no.

They are on the game, all of them
  • Troll thread. Star wars is not star wars without the STAR WARS. so its not saber heroes that is the problem its the lack of STAR WARS, aka ship combat -.-.

We have not had any good ship combat updates since the launch of optional death star 1 paid DLC. And HvV ships is not what i had in mind.

We need an actual good game mode, where you do not do objective but an onslaught mode for each of the planets in the movies. AND have them just kill each other. Just imagine a 200 vs 200 mode of ships? Now thats STAR WARS.

Adding gun heroes is boring, there is only so much a gun can do --> aim, aim fire. YAY -.-, uhm no. Gun heroes are boring...

Saber heroes are fine if they can actually give us new abilities. And yes they can give us none cannon skills. SWBF2 is a game, and as such does not need to be canon. As of such they can add heroes / powers outside of the movies / shows.

And NOO Disney / lucasarts is not stopping them. Force unleashed was released? It was not Canon. So what and how does this differ?

SO add us some legacy heroes that have OP powers. Dont stick to basic boring powers.
  • The Doctor Octopus stuff was pointless. I think so, and so does Cassian.
    LOL, what's with the Doc Oc. Such a naff villain :dizzy:

Respect the Holy Trilogy :triumph:
    4aTrgX8.jpg
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • (I am somewhat excited for Dooku)
    Yes!!!
    Hype for Count Tyranus

bpej7643nwk8.jpg

Dooku is cool

I just hope they’re able to do him justice with how the saber combat is in this game
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Troll thread. Star wars is not star wars without the STAR WARS. so its not saber heroes that is the problem its the lack of STAR WARS, aka ship combat -.-.

How does that make this a troll thread?
    cSxSg8a.jpg

If anything, no one picks this game up primarily so they can pilot ships. Starfighter Assualt is one of the least popular modes. This is a First Person Shooter. Infantry is foremost while ships and saber heroes take a back seat
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Alex64
    7027 posts Member
    DarthLuke wrote: »
    Adding gun heroes is boring, there is only so much a gun can do --> aim, aim fire. YAY -.-, uhm no. Gun heroes are boring...

This is a 90% TPS/FPS game, i'm just saying.
  • BucksawBoushh
    4881 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Troll thread. Star wars is not star wars without the STAR WARS. so its not saber heroes that is the problem its the lack of STAR WARS, aka ship combat -.-.

We have not had any good ship combat updates since the launch of optional death star 1 paid DLC. And HvV ships is not what i had in mind.

We need an actual good game mode, where you do not do objective but an onslaught mode for each of the planets in the movies. AND have them just kill each other. Just imagine a 200 vs 200 mode of ships? Now that’s STAR WARS.

Totally. More Starfighter combat will be the saviour of Battlefront 2.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member

Saying that blasters are boring is an opinion. And stating your opinion as a fact without any other sort of substance is not going to get you anywhere.
    [+3748 posts]
  • How bout we add Mace Windu first? Purple lightsaber!! Then, all blaster heroes from there? Fair? Good compromise? Do we have a deal?
  • How bout we add Mace Windu first? Purple lightsaber!! Then, all blaster heroes from there? Fair? Good compromise? Do we have a deal?

rEJLbn9.jpg
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • BucksawBoushh
    4881 posts Member
    edited January 15
    How bout we add Mace Windu first? Purple lightsaber!! Then, all blaster heroes from there? Fair? Good compromise? Do we have a deal?

Deal. But at some point, a ways down the line, I want...

8kbpwbf9dsl3.jpeg
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Mastahpeece
    2063 posts Member
    edited January 15

We need an actual good game mode, where you do not do objective but an onslaught mode for each of the planets in the movies. AND have them just kill each other. Just imagine a 200 vs 200 mode of ships? Now thats STAR WARS.

I’m not opposed to more starfighter content but Criterion are gone and DICE’s expertise is in guns
    gun heroes is boring, there is only so much a gun can do --> aim, aim fire. YAY -.-, uhm no. Gun heroes are boring...

You can make anything sound boring by putting it like that

There’s only so much a starfighter can do: Spin —> spin —> spin —> spin —> shoot
    ptw1txrbh0tx.jpeg
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png

Deal. But at some point, a ways down the line, I want...

8kbpwbf9dsl3.jpeg

Agree! That would be perfect!
  • Here's how to keep fans happy

Release a bunch of OT, PT and ST heroeshow ever mix it up with blaster and lightsaber heroes. Instance IG-88, Dengar and Baze Malbus or whoever and Mace Windu.

You can take the pie or cake, whichever you like and people like you and I are happy because we get to play what we want

Also. Why the hell would you want Nute Gunray?
  • bfloo
    15010 posts Member
    TastyNoob wrote: »
    Here's how to keep fans happy

Release a bunch of OT, PT and ST heroeshow ever mix it up with blaster and lightsaber heroes. Instance IG-88, Dengar and Baze Malbus or whoever and Mace Windu.

You can take the pie or cake, whichever you like and people like you and I are happy because we get to play what we want

For the 'Where are those droidekas???!!!!' emote

3cyl7msfycem.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Alex64
    7027 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

For the 'Where are those droidekas???!!!!' emote

3cyl7msfycem.png

Or
    cbfebc50fd67d412b4199ecdf75ed7577d8abf89r1-480-204_hq.gif
  • TastyNoob wrote: »

why the hell not?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• 2000sGuy wrote: »

How does that make this a troll thread?
    cSxSg8a.jpg

If anything, no one picks this game up primarily so they can pilot ships. Starfighter Assualt is one of the least popular modes. This is a First Person Shooter. Infantry is foremost while ships and saber heroes take a back seat

Okay. The troll thread post is - ironically - trolling not to mention references BF 2015 instead of this game, and is written in almost inscrutable English so I’m not sure I understood what was being said.

But... I bought SW BF because of the Starfighters not the infantry or heroes, so don’t speak for me. I even bought a VR set so I could play the amazing 2015 VR mission.

As you were :wink:

pH
  • Devlin21 wrote: »

why the hell not?

That'd honestly feel outta place. More or likely to be a support, which the dark side doesn't need.
  • ReplayVallue
    104 posts Member
    edited January 15

• Yoda_Skywalker
    147 posts Member
    edited January 15
    No more lightsabers or blasters. We need these...

EnormousColorfulIbisbill.gif
    AcrobaticFaroffBeauceron.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    porgs.gif

giphy.gif
  • If we get more blaster heroes, which we should since they are typically better than sabers, I want them to fill roles the others don’t yet.

Padmé could be a cross between BF2015 Lando and Finn for a disruptive team hero

Aurra Sing could give us a dedicated sniper villain with a high velocity rifle

Base Malbus could be a LS Dengar, a serious tank hero that could perhaps have a dual mode blaster cannon. One rapid fire mode, one power shot mode for heftier targets.

Dengar could return as he was in BF2015, truly glorious. He would also give us a DS blaster tank which we lack.

IG-88 could be literally any role. He has the tools to be anything. Traps, hero hunter, sniper, CQC, speed, the works. Plus he has new canon in the ST, so they could finally have another villain choice besides tin can and Kylo Ben.

Cassian Andor could be an interesting switch role hero if he had abilities that used his signature weapon’s interchangeability. His pistol could be reconfigured from a pistol to a rifle as well as to a sniper rifle, also having cool operative gadgets available.

Jyn could return as she was, but without her truncheon strikes. Let’s be real, they’d be Phasma staff strikes redux. Otherwise she’d be great.

Krennic or Tarkin could give us a DS team buffer, something we do not currently have.

K2-S0 while not be a top pick in my list could perhaps hack enemy turrets and things like that. Maybe have whopping droid rage melee strikes that hit as hard as sabers lol.

It’s not feasible to have all of these obviously, but it’d be nice if we got some more blasters. Especially if they fill voids in our line up.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif