criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

145791034

Replies

  • Allow me to join this discussion by just dropping my statements here without extensive reasoning.

    Liberalizing default blasters?
    No. Movie-accuracy ranks higher than customization options.
    I wouldn't want more cross-era / cross-faction mess just to have more aesthetic selection options.

    Need more trooper skins?
    No. Again movie-accuracy ranks higher than individual customization needs.
    We've been through helmetless stormtroopers and Beach Troopers fighting against Rodian Wing guards with jet packs on Hoth already.
    Movie-accuracy requires (if not dictates) uniformity for most factions and trooper appearances that match the scenario.

    Hero content or Trooper content priority?
    It's a theoretical question, isn't it?
    Because I don't believe that there's any more content to be expected beyond what's been outlined in the roadmap.
    We'll probably have some events till mid-year though to provide news content.

    But in answer to this theoretical question I'd say Infantry deserves priority.
    Because that's the original idea of the Battlefront series.
    An online multiplayer shooter set in the Star Wars universe.
    EA/DICE have put too much focus on heroes degenerated the franchise from an online multiplayer shooter with a hero play feature into a hero hack n slay with an infantry play appendix.
    This goes against my understanding of online play in general, where you play against other people for challenge, and not to overpower everybody else with a much stronger unit.
    For tons of easy kills I personally refer to singleplayer.

    Content to be added (in theory)
    - New maps for Extraction
    - New maps for Strike unless... Drop Zone was added. I wouldn't care much about Strike anymore.

    DZ Dune Sea was intense. Bespin DZ wasn't the real thing for me.
  • Alex64
    7410 posts Member
    Allow me to join this discussion by just dropping my statements here without extensive reasoning.

    Liberalizing default blasters?
    No. Movie-accuracy ranks higher than customization options.
    I wouldn't want more cross-era / cross-faction mess just to have more aesthetic selection options.

    Need more trooper skins?
    No. Again movie-accuracy ranks higher than individual customization needs.
    We've been through helmetless stormtroopers and Beach Troopers fighting against Rodian Wing guards with jet packs on Hoth already.
    Movie-accuracy requires (if not dictates) uniformity for most factions and trooper appearances that match the scenario.

    Hero content or Trooper content priority?
    It's a theoretical question, isn't it?
    Because I don't believe that there's any more content to be expected beyond what's been outlined in the roadmap.
    We'll probably have some events till mid-year though to provide news content.

    But in answer to this theoretical question I'd say Infantry deserves priority.
    Because that's the original idea of the Battlefront series.
    An online multiplayer shooter set in the Star Wars universe.
    EA/DICE have put too much focus on heroes degenerated the franchise from an online multiplayer shooter with a hero play feature into a hero hack n slay with an infantry play appendix.
    This goes against my understanding of online play in general, where you play against other people for challenge, and not to overpower everybody else with a much stronger unit.
    For tons of easy kills I personally refer to singleplayer.

    Content to be added (in theory)
    - New maps for Extraction
    - New maps for Strike unless... Drop Zone was added. I wouldn't care much about Strike anymore.

    DZ Dune Sea was intense. Bespin DZ wasn't the real thing for me.

    The "movie accuracy" you say doesn't rule this game.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    @Chewbacca815
    Well I'm glad you can agree infantry content takes priority, I do think weapons and cards FIRST before maps though.
    This goes against my understanding of online play in general, where you play against other people for challenge, and not to overpower everybody else with a much stronger unit.
    This is another thing I definitely agree with. It's not meant to bash anyone who enjoys the gameplay of tiered-units in modes like GA and whatnot, however personally the level playing field is my standard for multiplayer. Massacring grunts with a hero is without a doubt fun, but I do feel like modes like blast (which still can't escape tiered-units thanks to enforcers) are a little more rewarding, because when you defeat three players in a 1v3 situation it's mainly because you outplayed them (for the most part), and not because you had additional health and enhanced weaponry (assuming you weren't an enforcer). Of course that doesn't mean going on a high killstreak with a hero doesn't take any skill, it's just a different kind of skill, which ultimately boils down to a different kind of gameplay. Different strokes for different folks.

    The rest of your post I think I'm gonna push back on. To clarify one thing before I do, my PERFECT battlefront would be hyper-authentic. Before this game came out and everyone was asking about how weapons would be handled, myself and other users pitched an idea where you would have visually a few weapon options that correlated to a specific faction, and then you would have a set of archetypes of blaster behavior that you could assign to whatever your cosmetic choice was, which would essentially be having different blasters that were just skinned as faction-accurate weapons. But that isn't the case, the case is you can pick any weapon from any era no matter what faction you are.

    You say that we shouldn't unlock all of those default weapons for the sake of movie accuracy, but the reality is there is no movie accuracy in the weapons category for you to try and save. The majority of players do not run with defaults anyways, and the players who do for the purpose of authenticity will still be able to. When you see someone using an E-11 as a stormtrooper, it's because they are actively choosing to do so for their immersion. When those other defaults are unlocked, they will still probably choose to do so, therefore all we're doing here is giving people who already don't bother with authenticity more choice. These weapons should ideally have mods, and even more ideally be different from each other stat-wise, but even without either of those things, some weapons just click with people more than others, and having all of those new options will feel at least like surface level trooper customization, regardless of how shallow it is.

    Besides any brand-new weapons are inevitably going to be cross faction/era as well, so either way you can't escape this unless weapons were redesigned completely with a system similar to the one I mentioned above.

    As far as skins go I'm not sure why you think trooper customization and authenticity are mutually exclusive, they aren't.

    Take a look at just a couple of @JackTHorn 's threads

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/128234/thoughts-again-on-imperial-skins#latest
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/128232/once-again-a-call-for-easy-skins#latest
    [+3748 posts]
  • "DZ Dune Sea " fantastic DZ and Droid Run map.....many happy hours there
  • I agree that after Anakin the priority should be maps and trooper content, including reinforcements. The game needs Extractin maps more than anything else imo. Extraction is the only mode I enjoy any more.
  • "DZ Dune Sea " fantastic DZ and Droid Run map.....many happy hours there

    Yep, dune and Jawa we my favorites, liked’em all but those were the best imo. Again, the main issue with bigger maps were the bad spawns.
  • I agree that after Anakin the priority should be maps and trooper content, including reinforcements. The game needs Extractin maps more than anything else imo. Extraction is the only mode I enjoy any more.

    I agree. Extraction is one of my favorite trooper modes (possibly the best small-scale trooper mode in the game)! It definitely needs more maps.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Alex64
    7410 posts Member
    Game needs to be fixed pronto.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Anything to stop CW content

    I agree. I was excited for TCW content at first, but I didn’t expect it be dragged out for so long. I’m over it now, and am ready for them to move on.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Anything to stop CW content

    I agree. I was excited for TCW content at first, but I didn’t expect it be dragged out for so long. I’m over it now, and am ready for them to move on.

    Yeah. It’s time to move onto something new. If it didn’t take them like 14 months to pump out this CW content then it wouldn’t be an issue.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Devs be like "here, take these clone paint jobs and scram."
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Allow me to join this discussion by just dropping my statements here without extensive reasoning.
    Welcome, glad to have you join the conversation!

    Liberalizing default blasters?
    No. Movie-accuracy ranks higher than customization options.
    I wouldn't want more cross-era / cross-faction mess just to have more aesthetic selection options.
    I agree. As Relmets brought up, many of us have in the past worked out what we think to be a good system for era-accurate skins for numerous blaster archetypes, which would give a broad selection while preserving visual authenticity. Blaster accuracy isn't high on my list of concerns, honestly it feels pretty hard to even notice in most cases, but it's worth addressing since there's a fairly simple solution.

    Need more trooper skins?
    No. Again movie-accuracy ranks higher than individual customization needs.
    We've been through helmetless stormtroopers and Beach Troopers fighting against Rodian Wing guards with jet packs on Hoth already.
    Movie-accuracy requires (if not dictates) uniformity for most factions and trooper appearances that match the scenario.
    First of all, I completely agree with you about the many flaws of EABF1 customisation. Shoretroopers being seen outside of Scarif, Wing Guards being seen outside of Bespin, jet bubbles everywhere... It was kind of a mess. (Though even EABF1 never went so far as to put Hoth skins on Heroes anywhere but Hoth, at least it had the sense to make Hoth skins free automatic defaults for Hoth maps.) I definitely don't want customization at the cost of accuracy.

    That said, there's a LOT of customization that can be had within the realm of accuracy, and even for skins that are canon but rare, there are ways of keeping some skins from being seen very often -- mainly level locks and high costs.

    Hero content or Trooper content priority?
    It's a theoretical question, isn't it?
    Because I don't believe that there's any more content to be expected beyond what's been outlined in the roadmap.
    We'll probably have some events till mid-year though to provide new content.
    They've said there will be substantial content added throughout 2019.

    But in answer to this theoretical question I'd say Infantry deserves priority.
    Because that's the original idea of the Battlefront series. An online multiplayer shooter set in the Star Wars universe. EA/DICE have put too much focus on heroes degenerated the franchise from an online multiplayer shooter with a hero play feature into a hero hack n slay with an infantry play appendix.
    Very much agreed.

    Content to be added (in theory)
    - New maps for Extraction
    - New maps for Strike unless... Drop Zone was added. I wouldn't care much about Strike anymore.
    Agreed, though if DZ was added I'd still enjoy Strike.
  • Let’s get another Companion app while we’re at it with detailed stats.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Let’s get another Companion app while we’re at it with detailed stats.

    THIS as well, anyone who is afraid of some stats get a grip
    I agree with that person on the first page who said they should just make a game dedicated to heroes.

    IMHO Saber heroes/gameplay should get its own "For Honor" style game. Heck you could even throw in characters like FINN and Phasma and have them use those shock weapons which can parry lightsabers and give them jetpacks to compensate for a lack of force jumping

    In Regular Battlefront games I think heroes need to stay out. I get very little satisfaction out of killing or being killed as/by a hero. I feel like Enforcers/Aerials ARE the hero units of the game. I just feel the reinforcements should more variety like Dark Troopers for the GE or ARC Troopers for the GAR etc etc.

    Would love if they ditched the heroes completely and made a fleshed out battlefield clone, but I guess it's a discussion for the future of the franchise. Glad to see another trooper player though. Would be cool if they added a variety of reinforcements and brought them more into line with trooper classes, which would basically be like having a wide variety of more classes.
    [+3748 posts]
  • THIS as well, anyone who is afraid of some stats get a grip

    DICE is has limited resources for this game. I'd be pretty annoyed if they used those limited resources for something as trivial as game stats or a companion app. Those two things will not keep the game fresh for the next year. Just my two cents.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    THIS as well, anyone who is afraid of some stats get a grip

    DICE is has limited resources for this game. I'd be pretty annoyed if they used those limited resources for something as trivial as game stats or a companion app. Those two things will not keep the game fresh for the next year. Just my two cents.

    If a stat tracking app is too much of a task I don't have a problem with them not doing it
    Blasters cards and skins for troopers ASAP
    [+3748 posts]
  • THIS as well, anyone who is afraid of some stats get a grip

    DICE is has limited resources for this game. I'd be pretty annoyed if they used those limited resources for something as trivial as game stats or a companion app. Those two things will not keep the game fresh for the next year. Just my two cents.

    But I really want to see stats

    I've really curious to see what I have the most kills with.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • If a stat tracking app is too much of a task I don't have a problem with them not doing it
    Blasters cards and skins for troopers ASAP

    Fair point. I am not against it as long as it does not take resources from new maps, blasters etc.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    THIS as well, anyone who is afraid of some stats get a grip

    DICE is has limited resources for this game. I'd be pretty annoyed if they used those limited resources for something as trivial as game stats or a companion app. Those two things will not keep the game fresh for the next year. Just my two cents.

    But I really want to see stats

    I've really curious to see what I have the most kills with.
    bhDQSjo.png
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Let’s get another Companion app while we’re at it with detailed stats.

    THIS as well, anyone who is afraid of some stats get a grip
    I agree with that person on the first page who said they should just make a game dedicated to heroes.

    IMHO Saber heroes/gameplay should get its own "For Honor" style game. Heck you could even throw in characters like FINN and Phasma and have them use those shock weapons which can parry lightsabers and give them jetpacks to compensate for a lack of force jumping

    In Regular Battlefront games I think heroes need to stay out. I get very little satisfaction out of killing or being killed as/by a hero. I feel like Enforcers/Aerials ARE the hero units of the game. I just feel the reinforcements should more variety like Dark Troopers for the GE or ARC Troopers for the GAR etc etc.

    Would love if they ditched the heroes completely and made a fleshed out battlefield clone, but I guess it's a discussion for the future of the franchise. Glad to see another trooper player though. Would be cool if they added a variety of reinforcements and brought them more into line with trooper classes, which would basically be like having a wide variety of more classes.

    I too would like to just see Battlefield with a Star Wars paint job on it. Not gonna happen though since EA doesn't want to self compete/cannibalize. Plus I think the amount of "fan service" content that they feel obligated to put in at the end up the end of day, it probably wouldn't even really be a Battlefield game at that point.

    It's my biggest complaint with this game IMHO it's too caught it trying to please fans in fan service instead of just trying to be a good game in its own right.

    As long as it has a 3rd person option then I’m all for this.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Must ahsoka be brought up in every thread
    latest?cb=20161202105157


    Yes until she’s added, same way some people bring up OT characters endlessly
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    He quite literally became the face of the game for a while when he was added in 2015front



    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    He quite literally became the face of the game for a while when he was added in 2015front





    Ok, so he has more popularity from the game than the movies in that case.
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    He quite literally became the face of the game for a while when he was added in 2015front





    Ok, so he has more popularity from the game than the movies in that case.

    You did say there's more to canon than the movies didn't you
    [+3748 posts]
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Must ahsoka be brought up in every thread
    latest?cb=20161202105157


    Yes until she’s added, same way some people bring up OT characters endlessly

    So you're spamming off-topic comments until you get your way?
    My name is Bob

  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    He quite literally became the face of the game for a while when he was added in 2015front





    Ok, so he has more popularity from the game than the movies in that case.

    You did say there's more to canon than the movies didn't you


    Yes I did, and this is a great point to prove that to people who only value the movies. Technically these games (minus BF2 campaign and some small details) aren’t even canon but that’s where nien got a lot of attention! Really proves my point well
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    He quite literally became the face of the game for a while when he was added in 2015front





    Ok, so he has more popularity from the game than the movies in that case.

    You did say there's more to canon than the movies didn't you


    Yes I did, and this is a great point to prove that to people who only value the movies. Technically these games (minus BF2 campaign and some small details) aren’t even canon but that’s where nien got a lot of attention! Really proves my point well

    Yes but it also proves that it's not just CW heroes that would be well received by the community like some people seem to be saying don't you think?

    Anyways it's a discussion for another thread and another time, I hope in the end we both get what we want. Right now the focus must be on troops
    Alex64 wrote: »
    This thread needs a developer team response, we are waiting...

    Absolutely, if any of them on the forum are reading this please let us know what you think
    Unless they're busy on r*ddit again :unamused:
    [+3748 posts]
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Must ahsoka be brought up in every thread
    latest?cb=20161202105157


    Yes until she’s added, same way some people bring up OT characters endlessly

    ot7n5m3iilyu.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Must ahsoka be brought up in every thread
    latest?cb=20161202105157


    Yes until she’s added, same way some people bring up OT characters endlessly

    Not a single cartoon character until we've got the entire main cast from the movies. Still waiting on that Madam Padme Fanciness.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • The_Count
    100 posts Member
    edited January 15
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Must ahsoka be brought up in every thread
    latest?cb=20161202105157


    Yes until she’s added, same way some people bring up OT characters endlessly

    Not a single cartoon character until we've got the entire main cast from the movies. Still waiting on that Madam Padme Fanciness.

    I agree with you, eventhough I'm absolutely against adding more heroes to the game until they’re more maps and blasters; if they’re going to add people please add PT characters. In Battlefront 2015 the OT era was the only one to pick from, they’ve had their time in the sun, let’s give the PT it’s turn. Not to mention they’re more villains in the PT then the OT that they could incorporate if necessary to balance out the heroes.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Always worth noting that it's ok to like something that someone else doesn't. Star Wars is a big place and it's only natural that some people will want different heroes, troopers et al than others. It doesn't mean their opinion is anyway less valid.

    One thing on this note is that we are making multiple changes to the Clone Trooper appearance system, which is scheduled to roll out in February right now.

    Appreciate you stopping by, anything you can share with us about potential new weapons? I think some new blasters are a high priority for trooper play.

    I'm asking because if there aren't any plans to make new weapons in the foreseeable future, I have a few alternate ideas that involve just using what's already in the game, "contingency plans" I like to call them
    [+3748 posts]
  • @f8rge, hope you guys consider adding private matches along side more trooper play sometime in the near future, it adds a somewhat competitive aspect and is great for cinematics.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • bfloo
    15524 posts Member
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    If not for Nien, Lando would have crashed into the DS shield, the DS2 would never have been destroyed, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2, and 3P0 would have been hunted down on Endor, crylo would never have been born, rey wouldn't have a falcon gifted to her for no reason....

    If not for Nien, the galaxy would be completely different!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    qtc86xmdjpkv.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
Sign In or Register to comment.