criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Avengers End Game and MCU discussion

Replies

• E N D G A M E. Possibly the title of A4

Nope, the Russo Brothers confirmed that the actual title was never spoken during the movie, and endgame was said in the movie.

Ah, the good 'ol Russo brothers with their misinformation.
    7e8.png
    "Rise."
  • E N D G A M E. Possibly the title of A4

Nope, the Russo Brothers confirmed that the actual title was never spoken during the movie, and endgame was said in the movie.

Ah, the good 'ol Russo brothers with their misinformation.
    7e8.png

Yeah, Ruffalo tells us the truth!
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • he is like denis from the dream 2 (TM) thread
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    he is like denis from the dream 2 (TM) thread

Let's try to keep this thread focused on MCU discussion (but my hype level is like over 9000 high for Endgame). :smile:

giphy.gif

• rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited January 8

Well I gotta say this trailer has me more hyped for Capt Marvel than the rest. Brings the quips that I’m used to and expect with MCU movies. In Feige I trust.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • i don't like how the hair sticks up in her suit
  • DarthJ
    6817 posts Member
    i don't like how the hair sticks up in her suit

Its meant to do that though.

I'm not that hyped with Captain Marvel - I think it should have been hyped up more but will be overshadowed by Avengers: Endgame inevitably. Would have been better if they had of left a bigger gap between the films and put more hype and promotion into this film, as I think it will be interesting in terms of world building.....

BUT, at the same time, it almost feels like its just filler/necessary to see it just so the casual audience get who she is in time for Endgame when she will appear.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • i know but its like not like super mans eye color or something. you hate even though you can't change it
  • Spiderman: Far From Home Trailer

#infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Spiderman: Far From Home Trailer

Well I thought it was going to be good. But Flash doesn't give me any confidence.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Looks GREAT!

Mysterio!

SkRDqTO.jpg
    Im not watching this till I see Endgame
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited January 15
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »

SkRDqTO.jpg

Fair enough lol. I’m watching it i the hope nothing is truly spoiled but I was surprised with one thing they showed.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

SkRDqTO.jpg

saaaaaammmmmmmeeeeeee

SkRDqTO.jpg

Fair enough lol. I’m watching it i the hope nothing is truly spoiled but I was surprised with one thing they showed.

Ive seen a few pictures on my insta feed of him doing goofy stuff so by the looks of it everything’s fine and dandy

Probably my only gripe with infinity war is that they killed characters who we knew were getting sequels. As soon as Tchalla and the Guardians started dying i was taken out of the moment. I also didnt find pete’s death that emotional as everyone plays it up to be knowing that hes got a sequel

If im being honest with myself im not as hyped for Endgame as I should be. We already know everything gets resolved the only reason to go see A4 is to see what happens to the OG Avengers tbh
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Fixed the trailer
    px42kqzp9gou.jpeg
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited January 16

SkRDqTO.jpg

Ive seen a few pictures on my insta feed of him doing goofy stuff so by the looks of it everything’s fine and dandy

Probably my only gripe with infinity war is that they killed characters who we knew were getting sequels. As soon as Tchalla and the Guardians started dying i was taken out of the moment. I also didnt find pete’s death that emotional as everyone plays it up to be knowing that hes got a sequel

If im being honest with myself im not as hyped for Endgame as I should be. We already know everything gets resolved the only reason to go see A4 is to see what happens to the OG Avengers tbh

Oh I definitely murmured ***** when I saw Tchalla disappear. Anyways, this trailer is sorta meh for me and I love Spiderman. I think Infinity Wars stakes might have spoiled everything stakes wise though until see Endgame. Although for the people who follow it closely we all knew what the jig was my stepdaughter was legit crying when Spiderman disappeared so in Marvel I trust
    Post edited by rollind24 on
    #infantrylivesmatter

SkRDqTO.jpg

Oh I definitely murmured **** when I saw Tchalla disappear. Anyways, this trailer is sorta meh for me and I love Spiderman. I think Infinity Wars stakes might have spoiled everything stakes wise though until see Endgame. Although for the people who follow it closely we all knew what the jig was my stepdaughter was legit crying when Spiderman disappeared so in Marvel I trust

yea i heard the trailers okay.
    It’ll be interesting seeing the elementals and Mysterio in them since Spidey movies with multiple villains get a bad rap
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • CoolDirectorGareth
    507 posts Member
    edited March 2
    Captain marvel hype??
    2/10
    Post edited by CoolDirectorGareth on
    RELIVE THE PAST
    The knights of Gareth will rule
    4e8cbce43c2fe3a660f5599efbe18e88-jpg.jpg?width=1200&height=450
  • Captain marvel hype??
    2/10

Feels like a million years since I last saw you.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Captain marvel hype??
    2/10

I couldn’t care less about it honestly. Trailers did nothing for me and I doubt I’ll have the time to go to the cinema again until April.

Pass from me
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthJ
    6817 posts Member
    Same here. If I didn't feel they were rushing this film purely to fit her in so people know who she is before the next Avengers, I wouldn't mind, and would probably be hyped. Film just feels like an afterthought.
  • AzorAhai
    1381 posts Member
    I plan to see it next weekend. I'm more hyped for it than I was for either Ant-man movie (but I enjoyed both of those movies too).

Random factoid here: In the comics, Rogue got her flight and super strength powers by permanently absorbing them from Carol Danvers.
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    Got my Tix for Capt Marvel this Friday night. Was a pain finding seats not in the front row
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    I saw it Friday. I thought it was mediocre. I didn’t leave wanting to watch it again, was just sort of meh. Had it’s moments like any MCU movie.
    Love that Fury lost his eye that way and loved his line to Coulson “I can not confirm nor deny”
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I liked it quite a bit, but not in love with the soundtrack songs. I like to collect soundtrack picture discs (see pic), so I'll get it if there is one, but if it's just a regular black vinyl, I'll pass.

TLC, Courtney Love and No Doubt? No thanks.
    h4igmz11nroe.jpg
    "Rise."
  • CarapaceonMenace
    2042 posts Member
    edited March 13
    Eeeeeeeeh Captain Marvel was ok. Really nothing special....it felt like a big ole' ad for Endgame and the hero herself felt tacked on for the sake of it. Not terrible but nothing to write home about.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • EA_Rtas
    1718 posts EA Moderator
    I liked it quite a bit, but not in love with the soundtrack songs. I like to collect soundtrack picture discs (see pic), so I'll get it if there is one, but if it's just a regular black vinyl, I'll pass.

TLC, Courtney Love and No Doubt? No thanks.
    h4igmz11nroe.jpg

I want all of these. I've got a few from when I worked in a record store for a while, that Baby Groot one was super irritating to store.
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member

This movie can not come out soon enough!
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • 2000sGuy
    5858 posts Member
    My fears have been confirmed.

Ms Marvel (shes not my captain :triumph: )feels really out of place interacting with the actual Avengers. Why Marvel is shoe horning her in instead of focusing on the established characters we’ve known and love is beyond me.
    Hopeflly she doesn’t ruin Endgame for me.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited March 15
    James Gunn reportedly rehired for Guardians of the Galaxy 3. I was one of the people that understood why they did it but this fantastic news!

http://time.com/5552669/james-gunn-rehired-guardians-of-the-galaxy-volume-3/
    #infantrylivesmatter
    James Gunn reportedly rehired for Guardians of the Galaxy 3. I was one of the people that understood why they did it but this fantastic news!

http://time.com/5552669/james-gunn-rehired-guardians-of-the-galaxy-volume-3/

Good to hear. Show those trolls that they can't keep a good thing down for long.
    "Rise."
  • AzorAhai
    1381 posts Member
    I thought Captain Marvel was Awesome! I need sequels!
  • WarfareKiller41
    7058 posts Member
    edited March 20
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I think Captain Marvel is one of my favorite solo MCU films
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I think Captain Marvel is one of my favorite solo MCU films

It was honestly better than what I was suspecting. I just hope that don’t turn her into a character that seems near unbeatable.
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited April 2
    Duplicate post
    Post edited by rollind24 on
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    I got my Endgame tickets today but....

otjeahpc7ryv.jpeg
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Endgame surpassed TFA's first day ticket sales record in just 6 hours, holy moly....
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited April 2
    Endgame surpassed TFA's first day ticket sales record in just 6 hours, holy moly....

Was the first time I actually got put in a line on Fandango to buy movie tickets.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • AzorAhai
    1381 posts Member
    I will hopefully buy tix tonight. Really depends on if we've got plans opening weekend or not.

Uh...and I suppose whether or not there are any seats!
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    I will hopefully buy tix tonight. Really depends on if we've got plans opening weekend or not.

Uh...and I suppose whether or not there are any seats!

Even if there aren’t any right now I wouldn’t be surprised if they added showings
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 3

Another new tv spot. It’s bad quality but that seems to be all that’s available right now.

That line from thanos is really interesting. He’s telling someone, presumably an avenger, that what he’s about to do he (the avenger) will enjoy very much. Hmm
    Post edited by VaderFist501st on
  • DarthJ
    6817 posts Member
    Any predictions from anyone then? We all know Cap is gonna bow out with Chris Evans making it public he is leaving the role. Read somewhere Hemsworth has said the same for Thor?

I get the feeling all the original Avengers will bow out, with the exception of Stark, to bring back the everyone else.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Any predictions from anyone then? We all know Cap is gonna bow out with Chris Evans making it public he is leaving the role. Read somewhere Hemsworth has said the same for Thor?

I get the feeling all the original Avengers will bow out, with the exception of Stark, to bring back the everyone else.

- This will be Steve’s last film
    - Iron man will survive and take a background role similar to nick fury
    - Thanos survives the film

And in regards to Thor, I definitely think he survives. He originally was getting kinda tired of the role but after TR he and the director of that film have both stated they would like to make another one.
  • DarthJ
    6817 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

And in regards to Thor, I definitely think he survives. He originally was getting kinda tired of the role but after TR he and the director of that film have both stated they would like to make another one.

Didn't think of Thanos surviving in all honesty. Big comics fan but the films for both DC and Marvel rarely leave a villain surviving at the end of their films (obvious exception being Loki), or at the very least we don't tend to see them in other films. Whereas comics (other than variations on stories, alternate worlds etc) have the villains surviving (or else they wouldn't be heroes if they killed them, rogues galleries wouldn't be iconic or remembered, etc). I just assumed they would beat him in this one and that would be that. However, keeping him alive would make sense. The MCU is branching more into the space and other worlds canon at this point. He could be the key to continued adventures and storylines.

I definitely think Stark will survive too, kind of being a granddaddy Avenger to the new Avengers group. There for advice, helps out at times, etc. Will feature in other peoples movies essentially.

I'd be surprised if Thor survives. Kind of feels like Captain Marvel will take his place, and will be pushed into it.

Also hoping that with Steve gone, Bucky takes the Cap mantle as per the comics. But have a feeling they will jump straight to Falcon as Cap. I think its been hinted and rumoured that they would do that.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

Didn't think of Thanos surviving in all honesty. Big comics fan but the films for both DC and Marvel rarely leave a villain surviving at the end of their films (obvious exception being Loki), or at the very least we don't tend to see them in other films. Whereas comics (other than variations on stories, alternate worlds etc) have the villains surviving (or else they wouldn't be heroes if they killed them, rogues galleries wouldn't be iconic or remembered, etc). I just assumed they would beat him in this one and that would be that. However, keeping him alive would make sense. The MCU is branching more into the space and other worlds canon at this point. He could be the key to continued adventures and storylines.

I definitely think Stark will survive too, kind of being a granddaddy Avenger to the new Avengers group. There for advice, helps out at times, etc. Will feature in other peoples movies essentially.

I'd be surprised if Thor survives. Kind of feels like Captain Marvel will take his place, and will be pushed into it.

Also hoping that with Steve gone, Bucky takes the Cap mantle as per the comics. But have a feeling they will jump straight to Falcon as Cap. I think its been hinted and rumoured that they would do that.

Would love to see Bucky take the role of cap. He’s one of my favorite characters
  • Some people can wait 2 weeks for a movie. But not us. Not us.
  • AzorAhai
    1381 posts Member
    Got my tix for Sunday the 28th. I aim to avoid all media between the 25th and 28th.

Means I'll miss following the 2nd round of the NFL Draft, but "sacrifices" must be made. LOL.

• Anyone have any post credit scene predictions?
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    Anyone have any post credit scene predictions?

I hope they tease Fantastic 4 buying the NY tower. No idea if that’s what they’ll do but would be nice
    #infantrylivesmatter