criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can the Devs post HERE on the forums just as much as Reddit?

2Next

Replies

• Is anyone still confused as to WHY they won't respond about new maps, new weapons, new customization, custom servers??

This is Dice folks, welcome to the show. They won't talk about these important things because they aren't coming...they're often saying they "don't have plans right now" for any of these things. And it's over a year into the game...they aren't going to magically decide in June of 2019 to "start discussing " significant content additions. I just kind of thought that was obvious in how we can tell that they ARE reading these posts but stay away like the Plague...for months and months indefinitely.

Well they don't want to confirm something that could be delayed. This is why we have the Roadmap. I actually believe they take note but here's the problem I see. Can a thread with 30 pages here be treated equally with a thread with just as many pages on Reddit (it has pages right? I genuinely never used it)? I would argue that since here, every poster owns the game, means that the feedback is perhaps a bit more important? I don't know the numbers but it would make sense.
  • The_Count wrote: »
    First of all thank you all for your feedback and agreeing with me that the forums need some attention.

@IIPrest0nII I want to say thank you for your passionate post in which you showed a difference of opinion with Ben, I find that very genuine and shows that your a person who is willing to not merely tug along with the rest of the team. I genuinely appreciate that.

@F8RGE
    I want to thank you for your response to my thread. And I totally understand that Reddit has more people. HOWEVER, you cannot simple neglect that these forums have genuinely better discussions instead of some Reddit post with a bunch of memes and witty comebacks to get karma. These ARE the OFFICIAL forums, this should take priority also. I don’t see devs make many replies here.

9 page thread on adding new extraction maps - No Response
    Multiple page thread on adding new trooper weapons and content - Just today a response (which may have been a result of this thread).

There are many more examples, I am not trying to shame you, but what I am trying to get is some kind of understanding and at least an attempt to post a bit more on THESE forums for OUR concerns. I think one of the reasons is that Reddit has a more easy going community so you feel better to post there. But on the forums we are more critical. If this plays into your factors to seldomly post here then perhaps one should take into account that we feel neglected and are hypercritical because we get no feedback.

All I am asking in this thread is can we get some more responses, a great way to build the bridge between the devs and community is by having some replies to our concerns here. So a great opportunity for you folks, respond to adding more extraction maps thread, a lot of people wish to hear if we are getting some additional maps.

This ^^^
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    First of all... what's Reddit? XD Literally no one in Poland or Eastern Europe uses that. Joking aside, it's not really popular in many places around the world so I would doubt that it represent's the potential fanbase equally.

Second of all it would be cool to see the Devs on the forums more.
    Third: anything posted here would be reposted on other channels instantly.

With that being said everything @F8RGE (thank you for replying in this thread btw, I do appreciate what you do for the community) posted so far makes perfect sense to me. Sure, you need to get the word out in other channels. Make sure people who don't own the game or are considering it can hear. Also not everyone who owns the game visits the forums.

But still there is a big disproportion between what YouTube, Reddit and Twitter cry about, and what we, the verify players expect and want from the game. R1 content is arguably more requested here than it is elsewhere. Extraction, SFA and Arcade are always top threads. CW content on the other hand is less popular here than in those other mediums. This could lead to a disconnect between people who just join discussion and actually play the game.

So I must agree with @Empire_TW on this. Feedback on some things should maybe be taken mostly from the forums.

Reddit is not popular in Europe, in general. So taking in account Reddit base is ignoring Europe fan base. Maybe a few hundred thousand players. More or less. ¬¬'
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Maybe there should be a forum discord
    s87qw3g9eatt.png

Set it up devels
    bfloo wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Maybe there should be a forum discord
    s87qw3g9eatt.png

Set it up devels

fg1ppxgd4pxj.png

lfj7sisfihe4.gif
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Liz4rD wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    First of all... what's Reddit? XD Literally no one in Poland or Eastern Europe uses that. Joking aside, it's not really popular in many places around the world so I would doubt that it represent's the potential fanbase equally.

Second of all it would be cool to see the Devs on the forums more.
    Third: anything posted here would be reposted on other channels instantly.

With that being said everything @F8RGE (thank you for replying in this thread btw, I do appreciate what you do for the community) posted so far makes perfect sense to me. Sure, you need to get the word out in other channels. Make sure people who don't own the game or are considering it can hear. Also not everyone who owns the game visits the forums.

But still there is a big disproportion between what YouTube, Reddit and Twitter cry about, and what we, the verify players expect and want from the game. R1 content is arguably more requested here than it is elsewhere. Extraction, SFA and Arcade are always top threads. CW content on the other hand is less popular here than in those other mediums. This could lead to a disconnect between people who just join discussion and actually play the game.

So I must agree with @Empire_TW on this. Feedback on some things should maybe be taken mostly from the forums.

Reddit is not popular in Europe, in general. So taking in account Reddit base is ignoring Europe fan base. Maybe a few hundred thousand players. More or less. ¬¬'

Yes! That's exactly what I mean!
  • While I agree that they should answer more in the official forums, and that they should answer at least around as much in the official forms as other formats... there's another aspect to be considered.

It occurs to me while reading this thread that the general hostility and contentiousness that dev posts are met with in this forum could very well inhibit them from posting here as often as they might otherwise.

Now, I get it. A good deal of that attitude is well deserved, given how long the official communication spent being subpar, to put it kindly. But a lot of the official behavior and communication, or lack thereof, that engendered this negativity took place before the current people were involved.

What we need is a fresh start. Some way that these good people can continue trying to post here and keep us informed, keep us feeling listened to, while also allowing them to feel able to post without triggering an avalanche of mostly hostile and jaded responses. No one's going to feel very much like posting somewhere if the responses will mostly be grouchy mockery and derision.

What do you think, folks? Bury the hatchet?
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    While I agree that they should answer more in the official forums, and that they should answer at least around as much in the official forms as other formats... there's another aspect to be considered.

It occurs to me while reading this thread that the general hostility and contentiousness that dev posts are met with in this forum could very well inhibit them from posting here as often as they might otherwise.

Now, I get it. A good deal of that attitude is well deserved, given how long the official communication spent being subpar, to put it kindly. But a lot of the official behavior and communication, or lack thereof, that engendered this negativity took place before the current people were involved.

What we need is a fresh start. Some way that these good people can continue trying to post here and keep us informed, keep us feeling listened to, while also allowing them to feel able to post without triggering an avalanche of mostly hostile and jaded responses. No one's going to feel very much like posting somewhere if the responses will mostly be grouchy mockery and derision.

What do you think, folks? Bury the hatchet?
    By all accounts it’s worse on Reddit.

I agree with you totally though. Good post.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    There's been some good thoughts and discussion in here but I want to comment on 1-2 points that I've seen brought up.

We own the game, so our feedback is more valid (paraphrasing)

This is a very elitist attitude and one I don't share at all. Plenty of people own the game on Twitter, Discord, Reddit and many other places.

Big threads = Change must happen

While there may be times when a thread has a lot of posts, this doesn't mean we have to do what the thread dictates. There will be times when we react to community feedback, there will be others when we say "sorry, but in this case we are going with our own thoughts and feelings". As game developers it is our prerogative to do this.

Your candidness is appreciated. Some will take issue with it.
  • Other than the woefully overlooked "Starfighter Assault" and "more Maps for Extraction" threads, I don't see what the big deal is. All relevant information gets here eventually, right? Through Community Transmissions and the Calendar and Roadmap? If these guys want to chat with the internet at large through Reddit or whatever, I don't see the harm as long as relevant Official information gets here eventually.
    To be perfectly honest, I come here for the community discussion first, and the Official communications second. And really, outside of Official announcements, these guys usually don't have that much "insider" information to share.

You guys dropped the ball pretty hard on the SFA thread though. ;)

My 2 cents.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Truth is...

It is one thing to put more time into a different platform in regards to communication but this forum has historically been outright neglected.

It’s just like the force. Gotta have some balance.

Appreciate the very very recent effort! I honestly think if you guys had put yourself out there a little more with us, engagement by the community on this board would look a lot stronger.

I don’t see why giving us an hour of your time every 1-2 weeks to answer some of the more legit questions should be problematic. So far, all I really see are the big announcements and then you bail.
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    There's been some good thoughts and discussion in here but I want to comment on 1-2 points that I've seen brought up.

This is a very elitist attitude and one I don't share at all. Plenty of people own the game on Twitter, Discord, Reddit and many other places.

While there may be times when a thread has a lot of posts, this doesn't mean we have to do what the thread dictates. There will be times when we react to community feedback, there will be others when we say "sorry, but in this case we are going with our own thoughts and feelings". As game developers it is our prerogative to do this.

I would suggest that a large thread on any given topic doesn't mean the devs have to cater to exactly what the player base wants; however, some communication regarding that topic would be appreciated. As @Jett_Fett_91166 indicated, the Starfighter Assualt thread (https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/96843/starfighter-assault-thread#latest) has 1K+ posts, and we have to go on reddit to find that "nothing is planned at this time"? I've gone on record as saying that while I don't always agree with the direction some aspects of the game are heading, I appreciate an honest response much more than silence.

Fair point. Will try and do better on this front.

Thank you @F8RGE I appreciate the replies here and am glad to see you will do better on the replies front. The main point of this thread was to draw attention to the massive gap between replies and threads, I am in no way saying big threads should force the devs to do what everyone wants. But what we all would like is these threads to get some responses because it’s evident they’re a hot topic here. The response can be “nothing planned” and that’s fine, but at least giving us a honest response is what we all here would appreciate.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Bring back regular cargo, please.... with regular trooper classes! Capture the flag <3

thanks,
    the dude
  • Old_fella_1963
    4686 posts Member
    edited January 16
    I have always assumed the CM has a full time job in other role and this is an in between time role/activity? Just no way this is an actual job surely?
  • Predator?

I agree with your response to the 1st comment.
    I also agree and respect your reply in the second comment. However, I think you miss one fundamental point which seems to be why the topic was raised, and whilst you have the right, not replying on this forum to mega threads contained within it, is quite frankly what is irritating the members here. Whilst you have that right it doesn't make it right.
    o:)
    ...A lot of my stuff goes on behind the scenes.

Hmmm.... would it be fair to assume that you can only share what information you're authorized to share?
  • lagless
    41 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Can the Devs add custom games and a server browser? It's been more than a year ..
    I have always assumed the CM has a full time job in other role and this is an in between time role/activity? Just no way this is an actual job surely?

Talking on forums and other place? It's a very small part of my role. A lot of my stuff goes on behind the scenes.

So it is a full time role?
  • F8RGE
    444 posts EA Community Manager

Talking on forums and other place? It's a very small part of my role. A lot of my stuff goes on behind the scenes.

My job? Very much so.
  • DarthLuke
    438 posts Member
    edited January 16

My job? Very much so.

I don’t think a regular ea employ can get a zipper on his mouth, it is more of the fact ea employes actively choose the avoid the fans, as they are paid per hour not per happy customer.

If I was a manger, let’s play devils advocate here. If you pay ppl per customer rather then then rather then per hour, ppl work faster, cliants are happier.

So short story is this

Speak up more to the community, if we are happy you shall be happy because dice shall not bankrupt and that means you have a job.
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    ...A lot of my stuff goes on behind the scenes.

Hmmm.... would it be fair to assume that you can only share what information you're authorized to share?

Well of course but a CM job surely can actively enter into discourse with the community if it is actually a Job. Liasing between community and management does not take that much and I don't suppose they would investigate bugs/glitches . Messaging content is not that much unless they build the trailer scripts and do the editing ( doubtful )

I would suggest that a large thread on any given topic doesn't mean the devs have to cater to exactly what the player base wants; however, some communication regarding that topic would be appreciated. As @Jett_Fett_91166 indicated, the Starfighter Assualt thread (https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/96843/starfighter-assault-thread#latest) has 1K+ posts, and we have to go on reddit to find that "nothing is planned at this time"? I've gone on record as saying that while I don't always agree with the direction some aspects of the game are heading, I appreciate an honest response much more than silence.

Thank you, we all appreciate it.
  • Alex64
    5622 posts Member
    Now i know why this game's a mess, you are hearing to the wrong people.
    I don't have anything else to say.
  • Relmets
    1424 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    Predator?

DILLON
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • "So you cooked up a story and dropped the six of us into a meat grinder."
    Hearing Schwarzenegger say "meat grinder" was just hilarious. I'm not sure why.

Thank you.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

[

So, abandoning a game mode with literally 0 content added for over a year is how you guys feel?

good to know.