criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Maps - Are You Making Any?

Prev1345
BucksawBoushh
5249 posts Member
edited January 16
I’ll keep this question rather broad and straight to the point. Do you over at DICE have any maps in the works? Big ones, small ones, port overs, brand new etcetera. Just, new maps.

I could go into lengthy detail about what I (and many others) personally feel the game needs in terms of maps and locations, but I wanted to keep this simple with hopes of getting a developer response. Thanks in advance.
PSN: BucksawBoushh

Replies

• PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Good question!!!

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Yeah they aren't making any new maps. Adding Geonosis to blast and HvV....yawn that two modes that have the least need for new maps.

Lol people play HvV a lot more so than every mode outside of GA
  • Lol people play HvV a lot more so than every mode outside of GA

That does not change what I said. HvV and Blast have received the most maps, and they have the least need for new maps.
  • Possible however unlikely.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    "Nothing I can currently say"= no
    Exactly
  • Relmets
    2238 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Possible however unlikely.

that they might find a weakness
    latest?cb=20180117203325

@BucksawBoushh I was trying to be optimistic about it for 2019 but...
    :grimace:
    [+3748 posts]
  • ross42899
    1512 posts Member
    edited January 16
    They are probably not working on any new maps right now, as they have to finish the new large mode and Anakin & Dooku first. But I really hope they will be adding some more maps (even campaign or Bf2015 maps) once this content has been released. We need more SA & Extraction maps at some point.
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    ross42899 wrote: »
    We need more SA & Extraction maps at some point.
    Good luck with that
  • I doubt there would be any new maps even after the conquest mode. That mode will most likely have only one maybe two maps which would be bad.
  • I was going to be funny and post an image of a Star Wars themed salt map. Alas, all of my Google searches using those terms resulted in images of Crait.

:|
  • I’ll be pleasantly surprised if conquest arrives with more than one map. It’s unimaginable that they wouldn’t make several more though. Another fail if they don’t.
  • I doubt it. Or else they’d be marketing it like crazy in the roadmap, like they did Geonosis.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    We need more SA & Extraction maps at some point.
    Good luck with that

This. They've abandoned starfighter assault near launch & extraction as soon as it was released.
  • Anybody remember Strike?

Yup it was my favorite mode for while until I got bored of the maps and fed up with the objective bugs. Strike was completely abandoned on launch day.

Good question. Do you remember Strike exists, @F8RGE ? No real love shown for it at all since launch day yet people like me continue to play it faithfully. Hope only goes so far.

I forgot that was a game mode.
  • Color me shocked if you get a dev response. This isn't reddit you know.
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Color me shocked if you get a dev response. This isn't reddit you know.
    You been under a rock the past 48 hours.?
  • After yesterday's BLEAK forecast how can you think they're hiding the fact they're working on some great, huge NEW maps?? We all expected it, but I would absolutely kill anymore hopes you had for this game to be expanded and treated with respect. They're just juggling the resources we already have (emote wheel, clone skins) and have let us all know yesterday there are no new weapons, star cars, maps or heroes planned yet at all. It's practically over...but they probably have a contract to keep pretending for a while. Our "content" will be patches with attempted bug fixes...terrible nerds and buffs that have to be repatched....and weekend events where they just alter or scramble up existing maps and modes.

Set....your....expectations....to....low. They already did that to us yesterday.
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    After yesterday's BLEAK forecast how can you think they're hiding the fact they're working on some great, huge NEW maps?? We all expected it, but I would absolutely kill anymore hopes you had for this game to be expanded and treated with respect. They're just juggling the resources we already have (emote wheel, clone skins) and have let us all know yesterday there are no new weapons, star cars, maps or heroes planned yet at all. It's practically over...but they probably have a contract to keep pretending for a while. Our "content" will be patches with attempted bug fixes...terrible nerds and buffs that have to be repatched....and weekend events where they just alter or scramble up existing maps and modes.

Set....your....expectations....to....low. They already did that to us yesterday.
    Mine have been lower than a snakes belly since launch

• KotasMilitia
    396 posts Member
    edited January 16
    They could easily just add maps from different sections of GA for HVV. Last part of Starkiller Base, last phase of Endor, etc... We could easily have way more places to play than current. IDK why this was never added.

Let's just say the bar has been set very low...
  • BucksawBoushh
    5249 posts Member
    edited January 16
    They could easily just add maps from different sections of GA for HVV. Last part of Starkiller Base, last phase of Endor, etc... We could easily have way more places to play than current. IDK why this was never added.

That too! Endor and Starkiller Blast maps? Add them to HVV and that’s two new locations. Easy money.
  • They could easily just add maps from different sections of GA for HVV. Last part of Starkiller Base, last phase of Endor, etc... We could easily have way more places to play than current. IDK why this was never added.

HVV has enough maps although I’m not opposed to new ones. If their time is that limited they should focus on Strike/GA maps!
  • They could easily just add maps from different sections of GA for HVV. Last part of Starkiller Base, last phase of Endor, etc... We could easily have way more places to play than current. IDK why this was never added.

HVV has enough maps although I’m not opposed to new ones. If their time is that limited they should focus on Strike/GA maps!

Extraction and Strike get my vote for new map attention.
  • DarthJ
    6663 posts Member
    They are probably not working on any new maps right now, as they have to finish the new large mode and Anakin & Dooku first. But I really hope they will be adding some more maps (even campaign or Bf2015 maps) once this content has been released. We need more SA & Extraction maps at some point.

I don't buy the finishing stuff first - Dooku will be done surely with release next week (and their infamous approval process with Sony/Microsoft), and Anakin's animations were released a while back, whilst stuff about the new mode has been mentioned every so often. Basically, Anakin and the new mode will be probably almost there or thereabouts only being a month away.

They would be starting on new stuff anytime soon, if there is any.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Not sure why Heroes developers would make maps and vice versa....I would imagine staff have specific skills sets :Modelling, Frostbite rule writing etc etc

They've been on here recently since Every one said they post on reddit more than their own forums
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Color me shocked if you get a dev response. This isn't reddit you know.
    You been under a rock the past 48 hours.?

Yes, they responded to a few threads here and spit the same old stuff. They will not respond to this with anything meaningful or have you been under a rock the last year+?

They've been on here recently since Every one said they post on reddit more than their own forums

Yes I know. The joke didn't land, it happens to the best of us.
  • Hey we got maps, just play the campaign again lol.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if conquest arrives with more than one map. It’s unimaginable that they wouldn’t make several more though. Another fail if they don’t.

One map is gonna be a tough sell imo. The mode may be incredible but I think at least 3-4 maps are needed.
  • I would have preferred those "classic" SWBF 15 Sullust, Scarif and DS maps added for Extraction instead of the "new" JPC mode which isn't even available.
    3yswvx6iw3m7.jpg
    #StarWars-y

Yes I know. The joke didn't land, it happens to the best of us.

Oh I got the joke I just was pointing it out how we guilt tripped them & now they wanna post on here after they realized they do ignore the forums
  • TastyNoob wrote: »
    rahl55yay2v0.png

Probably nothing. Meanwhile we can take pictures of our heroes in their starfighters, because thats cool... right?

Don't forget those epic new menu options.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1939 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Oooo...another "scary " question I'm sure they'll bury.