criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

When Jedi Master Kenobi comes, so to must The Old Hermit

124Next

Replies

• Devlin21 wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    The old hermit didn't come 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

r4rjgkmjjr0v.jpeg

I just got three old Ben’s in the latest Star Wars Destiny set, to go with my other 20+.
    Can’t get one here for four years now. :s

But dice can't add due to licensing issues.

Since when? Guiness sold his likeness for action figures in '78. Lucasfilm and Lucasarts used Old Ben in many, many things. He was in Force Unleashed with the Guinness face and voice style, they used Old Ben in Galaxy of Heroes....... do you have a link about this supposed "licensing issue" or is this just here-say?

I'm really curious, and we've also seen alot of people make up excuses for Dice for not accomplishing things.
  • Old Ben from the movies:
    yt94csl3dpzk.gif

Rebels Ben:
    nnw6bpx7u5oe.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Them brining loony toon Old Ben and once again, shunning ANH Old Ben would be a literal nightmare.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Alex64
    7651 posts Member
    Old Ben

(from minute 5:56)
    Rebels Ben
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alec Guinness Old Ben skin
    p7jscu44zhe6.jpeg

Random Old Man skin
    ihoj8a4t7ghr.jpeg
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Old Ben should be the free automatic default skin for Obi-Wan in any GCW battle.

Likewise for old Luke, old Han, and old Leia in any sequel era battle.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Old Ben should be the free automatic default skin for Obi-Wan in any GCW battle.

Not that I wouldn’t glad accept them for free... but those are the type of skins that would sell the best, the ST versions and episode IV skins. Would make no sense at all from their end to do that.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • There’s been a lot of talk concerning an ‘Old Ben Kenobi’ skin from ANH. It’s apparently a highly sought after skin, at least from what I’ve seen on the forums. However there’s been a lot of speculation as to why the skin isn’t in the game. Things like perhaps the ‘Alec Guinness estate’ won’t allow EA to use his likeness, or perhaps the licensing fee is too expensive, etc. Can you comment on if that particular skin has been looked into or not, & what the issue preventing it from being included is.
    @F8RGE
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • CeymalRen
    1123 posts Member
    edited January 16
    DarthLando wrote: »
    There’s been a lot of talk concerning an ‘Old Ben Kenobi’ skin from ANH. It’s apparently a highly sought after skin, at least from what I’ve seen on the forums. However there’s been a lot of speculation as to why the skin isn’t in the game. Things like perhaps the ‘Alec Guinness estate’ won’t allow EA to use his likeness, or perhaps the licensing fee is too expensive, etc. Can you comment on if that particular skin has been looked into or not, & what the issue preventing it from being included is.
    @F8RGE

I remember someone from the dev team commenting on reddit, that it would be a cool idea (don't quote me on that). So far nothing solid tho. I'm not getting Kenobi till he looks like Old Ben!
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    There’s been a lot of talk concerning an ‘Old Ben Kenobi’ skin from ANH. It’s apparently a highly sought after skin, at least from what I’ve seen on the forums. However there’s been a lot of speculation as to why the skin isn’t in the game. Things like perhaps the ‘Alec Guinness estate’ won’t allow EA to use his likeness, or perhaps the licensing fee is too expensive, etc. Can you comment on if that particular skin has been looked into or not, & what the issue preventing it from being included is.
    @F8RGE

Good call
    93rx4ui4mo0a.png
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Let's go @F8RGE

Give us something. What issues are the Devs confronting in terms of giving us an Old Ben skin?

Thanks.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Old Ben should be the free automatic default skin for Obi-Wan in any GCW battle.

Piscettios wrote: »
    Not that I wouldn’t glad accept them for free... but those are the type of skins that would sell the best, the ST versions and episode IV skins. Would make no sense at all from their end to do that.
    I get what you're saying, for sure -- but I disagree.

If making money were their driving force, they'd release at least some of the 150+ canon skins that can be made just from re-coloring existing skins and moving elements around.

If making money were their driving force, they wouldn't be drip-feeding skins to us one or two at a time. That's almost the only guaranteed way to AVOID making money from skins, because it ensures that most players who bought the last skins will have in-game credits saved up by the next time a skin drops.

I WISH they were so concerned anough about making money that they'd make the horrendously bad decision of putting era skins on sale. That would mean we'd have 200 or more good Trooper skins, and probably twice as many hero skins as we do. Plus the game would be better funded. They already pewed the scrooch by putting the Hoth skins on sale, so we know they'd do it. But they're actively avoiding any appearance of trying to make money.
  • Monthly reminder

0loupt329uzs.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • This is all a lovely idea but I doubt it will happen.
  • Old Ben Kenobi is one of the most iconic characters in the OT.

And EA/Dice ignore him, and avoid any and all questions about the possibility of us having him, as if he were the plague.

Pathetic.
  • CeymalRen
    1123 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Old Ben Kenobi is one of the most iconic characters in the OT.

This!
  • I was looking for an official comment by Dice. I remember seeing something like "It's an interesting Idea" by someone from the devs. Anyone has a link to that or is it just my imagination.
  • swfu8x0l2afw.jpeg
    Old Ben, not Rehbelz Ben. 👌🏻
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Old Ben would make me an Obi main. That’s saying quite a bit.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Indeed
    hxaxwtydtp4a.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • vBREEDv
    268 posts Member
    I don’t believe his estate will allow it, he hated the Star Wars universe. I believe he said something around the lines that it was fairytale nonsense and he also didn’t like being known as the Star Wars character. I don’t 100% know if this is true, but I don’t think we’ll EVER get old Obi-Wan...
  • vBREEDv wrote: »
    I don’t believe his estate will allow it, he hated the Star Wars universe. I believe he said something around the lines that it was fairytale nonsense and he also didn’t like being known as the Star Wars character. I don’t 100% know if this is true, but I don’t think we’ll EVER get old Obi-Wan...

Once again this pops up but no one has any proof. Comment is usually accompanied by ‘I think I saw’ ‘I’m pretty sure’. Dice also used the excuse to not include him last game because ‘he would be too similar to Luke’.

This is simply false... his estate has allowed multiple companies and to use his, Alec’s, likeness in many different ways (toys, board games, collectible figurines, other video games, you name it) through the years before and after he passed away.

3dfndsybptpb.jpeg
    r3r9mjczmdz5.jpeg
    9g3vbf942sqx.jpeg
    0wn6nywkmm1x.jpeg
    9gds8by58rro.jpeg
    lhm6agei7nq6.jpeg
    xymsh5t8g6cv.jpeg
    qtbfia16vr8c.png

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I never bought into the "licensing issue" either. I just thought that was classic DICE lies. Ben is a great man

Same here
  • Old Ben skin next after Princess Leia? 🤔
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »

"We should've left you on tatooine." (To Vader)

That's too evil, especially for Obi-wan.

• Piscettios wrote: »

"We should've left you on tatooine." (To Vader)

That's too evil, especially for Obi-wan.

The voice lines were a compilation of ideas from a few of us Old Ben fans. That was one of mine iirc... lol, you’re probably right.

I’d be happy with whatever, would love to hear this (around 3:20 in the clip) when spawning in as him:

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13