criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

What are the DEVS working on currently

Post after post, interesting topics being brought up about extra weapons for troops, private matches and lobby browser. But answers from @F8RGE say nothing is happening really with those topics +other things not mentioned

So.
What are you devs working on currently

Replies

• I hear DICE has a pretty nice brunch spread... they are probably working on their nosh.
  • ...The lobby browser thing they said was 'not technically possible' in a post here not long after launch. ....I would hope they are finessing the Big Mode after extensive play testing feedback eg playability, bugs/scenery man traps etc etc
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    That we can talk about publicly:
    • Dooku + appearances
    • Clone Trooper Appearance rework
    • Coruscant Guard appearances
    • 501st Legion appearances
    • Anakin + appearances
    • New Game Mode
    • Lightsaber combat changes
    • Emote Wheel
    • Geonosis into HvV, Blast and Arcade
    • Bug fixes, tweaks and improvements

Hey @F8RGE ,

Any possibility for the troopers to have the LOL emote as we had in SWBF 2015?
  • So nothing good! An emote takes a few hours to do, hey you managed to turn that into an rpg quest.

Can we get some actual updates? Aka guns, star cards, customizations (for light sabres, and guns).

Not bantha poodoo.
  • Alex64
    7020 posts Member
    Emotes doesn't work as well as in the first game, i wonder if you are doing something about it to fix that.
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    DarthLuke wrote: »
    So nothing good! An emote takes a few hours to do, hey you managed to turn that into an rpg quest.

Can we get some actual updates? Aka guns, star cards, customizations (for light sabres, and guns).

Not bantha poodoo.

No need to be abusive man. He told you everything they're ALLOWED to tell you they're working on. It's also nice that two days after asking where Forge was, he's been here answering questions..
    Don’t be so naive

The list he gave is as far they are planning to take this game, don’t be so gullible
  • Afrom3istwr
    900 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    So nothing good! An emote takes a few hours to do, hey you managed to turn that into an rpg quest.

Not bantha poodoo.

No need to be abusive man. He told you everything they're ALLOWED to tell you they're working on. It's also nice that two days after asking where Forge was, he's been here answering questions..
    Don’t be so naive

The list he gave is as far they are planning to take this game, don’t be so gullible

https://giphy.com/gifs/starwars-3ornk6katdJF9hel1K
  • An emote wheel, a new mode (that might only have one map) and nonissues.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • bfloo
    14990 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Emotes doesn't work as well as in the first game, i wonder if you are doing something about it to fix that.

We get an emote wheel ;)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    They are currently working on not weapons
    KEFAfxB.gif
    [+3748 posts]
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Not being abusive it’s just frustrating that devs are calling an emote an update. Like that’s a OH that’s it moment then the game dies.

Emotes are boring, skins are not content. Unless I have some thing to use that skin in, what is the point. I got no reason to use a skin when I am bored to death from bugs or lack of new content

Translation: "New content is not new content unless I deign it to be so".
    skins are not priority content.

what. I had to read that twice.

Fixed that for him.
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    Emotes are boring, skins are not content. Unless I have some thing to use that skin in, what is the point. I got no reason to use a skin when I am bored to death from bugs or lack of new content
    With you on this
  • The last point needs massive ressources, so don't say that they are not working on something big...
    • Dooku + appearances
    • Anakin + appearances
    • New Game Mode
    • Emote Wheel

Thanks for update! Real talk though, could we maybe shift emote wheel a little lower down the list?
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    • Dooku + appearances
    • Anakin + appearances
    • New Game Mode
    • Emote Wheel
    could we maybe shift emote wheel a little lower down the list?
    Don’t you remember the big outcry for this to be a new thing.... it was massive surely you remember

No nor do I
  • If I could just get a date for when the next roadmap will be coming out, I'll be happy. Don't even want to speculate what will be on it. Just a date.
  • Psy3d
    671 posts Member
    Just be happy that the game is still getting content...and two new heroes...dooku and anakin. And thanks to the sale everywhere more people getting the game...so player base is only getting bigger...at least for now.

My only wish is that they port all the maps from BF 2k15...that would be enough till next BF game shows up.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    They are currently working on not weapons
    KEFAfxB.gif

Sad day for the Resistance.
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Just be happy that the game is still getting content...and two new heroes...dooku and anakin. And thanks to the sale everywhere more people getting the game...so player base is only getting bigger...at least for now.

My only wish is that they port all the maps from BF 2k15...that would be enough till next BF game shows up.

Your only wish will most likely not come true....but just be happy they're pretending to keep caring. Not a single significant addition or change to look forward to for the rest of the year. And if you guys dont know what "we're allowed to say" means....its corporate talk to make you think there might be more. We asked them yesterday about new maps, weapons or modes and they said NOTHING is being planned. So you realize they would need to plan it way before right now anyway to have it fully created and implemented this year before December. We're going to get way less than an emote wheel and clone skins for the rest of the year.

But keep on dreaming up AMAZING things that you're soo sure they "might" add. Welcome to Dice-land.
  • just be glad they responded...
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited January 16
    I hope the new game mode is cool. I’m guessing there will only be one map for it though, which will in turn get old pretty quick :disappointed: then again we’ve been playing the same 2 extraction maps over and over for just about eternity.
  • Psy3d wrote: »

Your only wish will most likely not come true....but just be happy they're pretending to keep caring. Not a single significant addition or change to look forward to for the rest of the year. And if you guys dont know what "we're allowed to say" means....its corporate talk to make you think there might be more. We asked them yesterday about new maps, weapons or modes and they said NOTHING is being planned. So you realize they would need to plan it way before right now anyway to have it fully created and implemented this year before December. We're going to get way less than an emote wheel and clone skins for the rest of the year.

But keep on dreaming up AMAZING things that you're soo sure they "might" add. Welcome to Dice-land.

seems like a PR move. Look at pirate101 kingsisle have said they would update pirate101 for almost 8 years. We only got Kane update after me and another 300 players screamed at them on the forums. We keep bothering them they will answer, assuming they are not wanting to be closed by EA for not providing profit
  • I hope the new game mode is cool. I’m guessing there will only be one map for it though, which will in turn get old pretty quick :disappointed: then again we’ve been playing the same 2 extraction maps over and over for just about eternity.

Geonosis is already boring, hope that's not the one map. It probably is though.
  • I hope the new game mode is cool. I’m guessing there will only be one map for it though, which will in turn get old pretty quick :disappointed: then again we’ve been playing the same 2 extraction maps over and over for just about eternity.

Maybe that’s why it comes up so infrequently in the GA rotation? They want it to feel fresh for “Conquest”.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Maybe that’s why it comes up so infrequently in the GA rotation? They want it to feel fresh for “Conquest”.

I seem to get it alot, not sure why. I only played 2 games of ga yesterday and what did I get? Geonosis. I guess I'm the exception on this one.
  • I'm pretty gung ho when it comes to more heroes but can we get some new guns please!?!
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Ye new guns, ones that actually work. But again new guns means... more aimbots because ppl are terrible at the game so they need to cheat to feel good.

I would take guns, if no SFA or new maps
    • Dooku + appearances
    • Anakin + appearances
    • New Game Mode
    • Emote Wheel

And for anyone keeping score, that's A LOT of work right there. Not something that they can "hash out in a week."
    • Dooku + appearances
    • Anakin + appearances
    • New Game Mode
    • Emote Wheel

And for anyone keeping score, that's A LOT of work right there. Not something that they can "hash out in a week."

Fortnite gets new skins everyday and almost an update each week
  • Well fort night is basking in cha-Ching right now, and well EA can now barely pay its employees at dice.

If your not getting paid would you want to make content? OOH hail no. That’s why we got no updates. We need to kick ea on the rear end, then you will see content the moment EA pays its starving employees
    • Dooku + appearances
    • Anakin + appearances
    • New Game Mode
    • Emote Wheel

Get outta here.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Lol skins are not hard to do. I can photoshop a 3D model in like 3 hours and use a skeleton animator to actually animate it in 20 min.

Now voice acting just stick the words into an sound synthesizer and your done. Merge layers.

That’s if you need to animate a new model. They have the models. And the voice actors. It’s easily a day to make like 20 skins. It’s just they chose to trickle feed us
    Well fort night is basking in cha-Ching right now, and well EA can now barely pay its employees at dice.

If your not getting paid would you want to make content? OOH hail no. That’s why we got no updates. We need to kick ea on the rear end, then you will see content the moment EA pays its starving employees

Sounds like we need federal government to run EA.
  • DarthJ
    6441 posts Member
    Well fort night is basking in cha-Ching right now, and well EA can now barely pay its employees at dice.

And you propose we kick EA's rear end by giving them money?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6441 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    • Dooku + appearances
    • Anakin + appearances
    • New Game Mode
    • Emote Wheel

Most of which will be there or thereabouts. Clone skins were datamined before launch so giving them a touch up shouldnt be too time consuming. Dooku is released next week so will surely be done as they take a long time to get patches through the approval process apparently. Anakin and the new mode should be there or thereabouts with release next month. Geonosis is already done.

So yeah - not much of it is new
    PSN: ibrajoker59
    • Dooku + appearances
    • Anakin + appearances
    • New Game Mode
    • Emote Wheel

Thanks for replying
  • Note he said what they can talk about “publicly.” Hopefully the new game mode is well done and has at least a few maps otherwise I’m tired of it waiting around for them to do more. An emote wheel and some new skins, lol.
  • There devs, so they will always lie, but that is not the question I am gonna rise- someone else can discuss if lying to your audience is appropriate or not.

No dev team sits on their hands and just watches memes all day. So of course they been working on content. They prob already have somewhere like 8 reserve large maps for us in the bag IN CASE we begin to ban weagon the game.

Like wise they probably and I will put my life on this have already finished 2 chrachters Asoka, and ventrice despite the hate they will get. Likewise they prob already have mace done, as well as another 3 heroes for both guns and sabres

They foolishly disclosed that they had somewhere between 8-20 skins done in BETA testing. We have just got them this year. That’s almost a year since when they where originally intended.

So sorry for my skreptisim but I do not buy that ****