criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

No more saber heroes after Anakin

Replies

• All these assertions about 'everybody hated Episode 'xyx' ' lol.

There is one generalisation you can make, and that is any member who posts issues about Lando's pansexuality, uses the words "Social Justice Warrior"etc, is a phobic bigot, and likely even more socially inept in person than they are here.

However...

I do like the idea of Embo (would we include his hound? As an ability, perhaps?) and of course Dengar needs to hand out a few dirt naps, but what's really imperative is a flyer like Boba for the LS.

And the only justifiable one I can see is ...
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/t5/j8qqn5da5vt9.png

(I am so sad R2 - arguably the biggest hero in SW filmdom is so overlooked in these games. Sure it would be hilarious, but my defining moments in BF1 came with the DS expansion DLC when I got to play as R2.)

On a serious though, Sabine Wren is the only one I can think of as a justifiable LS flyer, but she's so bo-ho-or-ring in Rebels and my least favourite character in that spin off.

Didn't Plo Koon have a jet pack in Clone Wars, though?

I think the one or two episodes with Captain Rex using a jump pack could justify his inclusion as a Bob-foil.

And where the blazes is Lama Su? :wink:

pH
  • Lee1981
    1764 posts Member
    I doubt there are anymore hero’s coming after Anakin anyway
  • Mace Windu will make it into this game if I have to fly to Stockholm personally!
  • bfloo
    14436 posts Member
    Mace Windu will make it into this game if I have to fly to Stockholm personally!

Flight leaves in an hour
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• We just need a good, new lightsaber combat system. Shooters are boring.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Not a chance. Yes light saber combat needs work, but this game also needs positive publicity. Lightsaber heroes will always be a draw, and there's still some big names left to do.

You got to do better for a list though. Nute Gunrey?!? Most of this list is just going to be a generic blaster hero with the exception of Embo, Chirrut, Jango, and maybe Baze.

Best blaster list to me is:
    • Sabine Wren with Darksaber
    • Padme Amidala (highly popular)
    • Captain Rex
    • Aurra Sing (sniper)
    • Cad Bane
    • Lats Razzi
    • Embo
    • Jango Fett
    • Chirrut Imwe
    • Baze Malbus
    • Dengar
    • IG-88

Who is Lats Razzi?

It's actually Latts Razzi. My mistake on the name.

Latts Razzi is a bounty hunter that ran with Boba Fett's crew in Clone Wars along with Dengar, Highsinger, and Bossk. According to Wookieepedia, she's a Theelin female. She has a scaled grappling boa which she often uses like a whip to grapple enemies, and of course she's good with a blaster and hand to hand combat.

She was in the episode Bounty when Ventress teamed up with Boba Fett's crew. Boba Fett, Dengar, Bossk, Highsinger, Latts Razzi, and Ventress went on the mission.

Later in season 5, when Maul and Savage Oppress with Death Watch attacked the Hutts, the Hutts had paid several bounty hunters for protection including Embo, Sugi, Latts Razzi, and Dengar.
  • we should definitely get some guns but i don't think this means we need to stop saber heroes all together
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...

Why are you playing a shooter then?
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png

These people have truly lost their way
    [+3748 posts]
  • Alex64
    5813 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Not a chance. Yes light saber combat needs work, but this game also needs positive publicity. Lightsaber heroes will always be a draw, and there's still some big names left to do.

You got to do better for a list though. Nute Gunrey?!? Most of this list is just going to be a generic blaster hero with the exception of Embo, Chirrut, Jango, and maybe Baze.

Best blaster list to me is:
    • Sabine Wren with Darksaber
    • Padme Amidala (highly popular)
    • Captain Rex
    • Aurra Sing (sniper)
    • Cad Bane
    • Lats Razzi
    • Embo
    • Jango Fett
    • Chirrut Imwe
    • Baze Malbus
    • Dengar
    • IG-88

Who is Lats Razzi?

I still don't know whos that character, and i'm not going to google it
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1669 posts Member
    edited January 16
    We just need a good, new lightsaber combat system. Shooters are boring.

idk, its technically a shooter, but this game is as much action game as shooter. Just like Uncharted is considered an action game when you do a lot of shooting in it, and it has a multiplayer. There's so many action game type elements to this game, that it blurs the line imo. A lot of times it's not much different than say playing Starkiller in Force Unleashed.
  • HELLO!

rdg0fa6e9aey.jpg
    RELIVE THE PAST
    The knights of Gareth will rule
    4e8cbce43c2fe3a660f5599efbe18e88-jpg.jpg?width=1200&height=450
  • HELLO!

rdg0fa6e9aey.jpg

:|
    No thanks, boring and lifeless character. We need dual laser sword heroes instead.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    HELLO!

rdg0fa6e9aey.jpg

No thanks, boring and lifeless character. We need dual laser sword heroes instead.

Dengar would crush that characters in 1 second
    RELIVE THE PAST
    The knights of Gareth will rule
    4e8cbce43c2fe3a660f5599efbe18e88-jpg.jpg?width=1200&height=450
  • Our hero selection could be pretty metal rounded out with more blaster wielders
    j2pkyndsm9hx.jpeg
    jfuyupz9mdsl.jpeg
    x5hush2dti80.png
    oddcopld6oac.jpeg
    kz211as9l9b2.jpeg
    a1ud1z1d7zyy.jpeg
    dtj8wqram5h3.jpeg
    40fwlvulb7ar.jpeg
    zpxbwlxycha3.jpeg
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • HELLO!

rdg0fa6e9aey.jpg
    the dream
    cdd7722b3fd8909b2aad9876cd058868160cd5799845f7a44f22b7ace80d469e_1.jpg

dirtnaps all around
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Dengar pls
    surfk8dghhvq.gif
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Piscettios wrote: »
    HELLO!

rdg0fa6e9aey.jpg

onj8xeyyo7jh.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • bfloo
    14436 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    HELLO!

rdg0fa6e9aey.jpg

Everyone else she fought in the pt did, Dengar may as well too!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Uhm give me saw gerrera over everybody
  • HELLO!

rdg0fa6e9aey.jpg

Hello sexy
    x2fb95129v40.jpeg

Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Here’s a couple...

ff5a147dbef6fce37f9b0943d13df78d.jpg

galen-marek-workout.jpg

giphy.gif
  • idk, Dengar got worked over good in Clone Wars. lol He got tossed off a train by some space ninjas in Bounty and wasn't much of a match for Maul, Savage Oppress, and Pre Visla on Nal Hutta. Embo, Sugi and Latts Razzi were the ones dishing it out. Embo and Sugi actually held their own against Maul and Savage for a bit.
  • Relmets
    1927 posts Member
    idk, Dengar got worked over good in Clone Wars. lol He got tossed off a train by some space ninjas in Bounty and wasn't much of a match for Maul, Savage Oppress, and Pre Visla on Nal Hutta. Embo, Sugi and Latts Razzi were the ones dishing it out. Embo and Sugi actually held their own against Maul and Savage for a bit.

Power levels are not really what gauges interest character-wise IMO
    [+3748 posts]
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    edited January 17
    idk, Dengar got worked over good in Clone Wars. lol He got tossed off a train by some space ninjas in Bounty and wasn't much of a match for Maul, Savage Oppress, and Pre Visla on Nal Hutta. Embo, Sugi and Latts Razzi were the ones dishing it out. Embo and Sugi actually held their own against Maul and Savage for a bit.

Bossk got kicked off the train too, if it's gonna be like that.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Devlin21 wrote: »

Bossk got kicked off the train too, if it's gonna be like that.

True, so did Highsinger and Latts Razzi. Who didn't? Ventress. She tossed the ninjas, captured their leader, choked out Boba and put him in the box instead of the hostage, then got paid by the ninja leader to let them go on top of her bounty cut lol.

Ventress was one bad woman. Not one to mess with unless your top shelf Jedi or Sith. lol
    Relmets wrote: »

Power levels are not really what gauges interest character-wise IMO

Depends on the character. For the most popular characters from the movies, it obviously doesn't. When you get into the lesser known ranks and cameos, it does. Blaster heroes will need some kind of gameplay advantage or unique traits like Aurra Sing being a sniper and female, Embo with his agility and shield/hat, Mandalorian armor, Latts Razzi with her scaled grappling boa, etc.
  • I believe that ray is the daughter of the dark clone. Because it makes sense time wise.

Dark clone, or Galen is around 22ish at end of game 2. That was during episode 4. We know that episode 5-6 take around 10 years to complete. That fits with the fact the Ray was around 8 when she is on Jakuu.

Now we know that force awakens takes place around 12 years after episode 6. So that makes Ray about 19-20. Which fits lore wise.

Knowing that they both are English with similar facial feature. Rays first ability is force insight. Same as Galen.

Likewise Galen was made to be 4X stronger then anakin skywalker. That could explain why ray is so OP in the trilogy.
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    I believe that ray is the daughter of the dark clone. Because it makes sense time wise.

Dark clone, or Galen is around 22ish at end of game 2. That was during episode 4. We know that episode 5-6 take around 10 years to complete. That fits with the fact the Ray was around 8 when she is on Jakuu.

Now we know that force awakens takes place around 12 years after episode 6. So that makes Ray about 19-20. Which fits lore wise.

Knowing that they both are English with similar facial feature. Rays first ability is force insight. Same as Galen.

Likewise Galen was made to be 4X stronger then anakin skywalker. That could explain why ray is so OP in the trilogy.
    Not related. Galen Marek is from legends, the better canon.
    Rey is from current canon. She’s OP because Kathleen Kennedy hates men

Also not sure how that relates to more blaster heroes...
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Relmets
    1927 posts Member
    Depends on the character. For the most popular characters from the movies, it obviously doesn't. When you get into the lesser known ranks and cameos, it does. Blaster heroes will need some kind of gameplay advantage or unique traits like Aurra Sing being a sniper and female, Embo with his agility and shield/hat, Mandalorian armor, Latts Razzi with her scaled grappling boa, etc.

Those are just flashy on-the-nose gimmicks. Simply because a more obscure character has something like that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be more unique than one who does not. Prior to Battlefront 2015 Dengar didn't seem like anything special to me, but with a fun skillset and a great voice actor he quickly became a top notch character in my eyes, solely because of the game.

Whoever they go with please for the love of God just no more lightsabers
    [+3748 posts]
  • Bad news guys, looks like we are getting even more lightsabers and to top it off cartoon characters to boot, no jango, no padme
  • Bad news guys, looks like we are getting even more lightsabers and to top it off cartoon characters to boot, no jango, no padme

Where'd you hear this?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Devlin21 wrote: »
    Bad news guys, looks like we are getting even more lightsabers and to top it off cartoon characters to boot, no jango, no padme

Where'd you hear this?

The thread that was shut down very quickly leads me to believe it to be the case
  • Pawl250
    25 posts Member
    edited January 17
    Still think the current H vs V list is unbalanced. Let me explain:-

Luke / Vader OT
    Leia / Iden OT and events just after
    Han / Boba OT
    Chewwy / Bossk OT
    Lando / DARTH MAUL OT / PT???
    Rey / Kylo ST
    Yoda / Emperor PT
    Finn / Phasma ST
    Obi Wan / Grievous PT
    Anakin / Dooku PT

The game is unbalanced because you when no one to counter Darth Maul. You could argue Yoda is similar to Maul but then you have no counter to Emperor.

The game needs a new blaster villain, and a new Jedi of sorts for heroes. My proposal is Mace Windu to balance againsy Darth Maul and Tarkin to balance against Lando. And balacing eras too.

Mace Windu / Darth Maul PT
    Lando / Tarkin OT

How Tarkin is avoided when he is one of the main dark side villains in the OT is beyond me. Yet the picked people like Greedo and Dengar over him in the first game.

Future couples I personally would like to see come over next 12 month if BF3 is not in development:-

Mace Windu PT / Tarkin OT
    Padme / Jango PT
    Jyn / Krennic (easy copy paste) R1
    Qui Gon / Ventress PT
    Nein Numb / Greedo (easy copy paste) OT
    Poe / Hux ST

Note I would give Nein Numb a jet pack to counter Boba on DS. And Jango I would give him more of a boost pack similar to ones in Galactic Assault to keep balance.

That is 1 hero a month.... wishful thinking.

• So i've heard.. about the Leak, wonder if its true :o

sad, still no Krennic and Jyn. They really should be next!

:(
  • Is this the Padme Jango leak?

I hope they come but we don't need a Boba V2 otherwise we will have Villians constantly running away.

Maul
    Boba
    Jango
    Grevious or Emperor

would be hard to attack on HvV as they all have ways to escape quickly.

Heroes have Luke...
  • Actually Galen is canon according to George Lucas. The DLC is legends.

Because the fans got mad that Galen turned Luke to the dark side, they declared it none canon.

Likewise just because in it’s not currently endorsed by Disney does not make it not canon because unless it’s said to be not canon it can be canonized at any time.
  • That's ridiculous cos Disney announced that all content outside of PT OT ST Clone Wars Animated, Rebels at the point of take over was not considered canon.

This means all Extended Universe is not canon. Also ST changed what happened after ROTJ in any other source of content period. Just because it has not been mentioned doesn't mean it can be considered canon.

So your last sentence is just your wishful and biased thinking.
  • If anything if it hasn't been mentioned it's not canon. FACT.

• Poe Dameron and General Hux, and we'll have heroes enough for all eras :smile:

This.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    'Sup folks.

I want to remind folks this is a thread focused on heroes that aren't wielding sabers and hoping to see more of them in the game.

We're not here to talk about if people involved with the Star Wars franchise hate men, or characters' sexualities, etc. These aren't appropriate discussion points for the forum.

• I’m hoping for no more heroes if it means DICE/EA will actually give us more general content like new maps! It seems like we have to pick and choose based on their limited budget and supposed time constraints.
  • Relmets
    1927 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    We just need a good, new lightsaber combat system. Shooters are boring.

These people have truly lost their way

Aiming a blaster is boring but teleporting over to some dude and spamming R2win is exciting gameplay.
    The most elite units
    YNwCyfy.gif
    [+3748 posts]
  • baze.

Chirrut
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • My personal opinion is that it should have been Mace Windu instead of Anakin.

Yours is no mere opinion sir, nay, but a fact!
  • My personal opinion is that it should have been Mace Windu instead of Anakin.

Agree. We’ve already got Anakin in the game.

And look! Yet another indisputable fact!