criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

The “LOL” Button Should be Removed

Mods, you must recognize by now that many users treat the “LOL” option as no more than a replacement for the old “Dislike” button. It is abused in the same way that that button was abused.

Many users seemingly click the button simply because they dislike the user who made the post, not because of the content of the post. That’s why the “Dislike” button was removed, and that’s why the “LOL” button should be removed.

Just watch. This post is in no way intended to be funny, but I’ll bet it receives several “LOLs”.
21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
headerjpgt1547513853

Replies

• Relmets
    2245 posts Member
    It needs to be like and dislike. Not all this insightful and agree and whatever

Like and Dislike. You might be right that to some degree it starts to substitute actual conversation but I think people who have something to say will say it regardless.

And people shouldn't be judging the validity of a post solely based on the brownie points scale, generally you'll see good ideas getting likes and bad ideas getting dislikes but that stuff really doesn't matter at all. Just a surface level gauge of the discussion.
    [+3748 posts]
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4163 posts Member
    edited January 17
    I LOL if something is funny, or particularly ridiculous.

If I think that something is exceptionally funny, with humorous merit, I reply, “Now that’s just funny. “
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

Like and Dislike. You might be right that to some degree it starts to substitute actual conversation but I think people who have something to say will say it regardless.

And people shouldn't be judging the validity of a post solely based on the brownie points scale, generally you'll see good ideas getting likes and bad ideas getting dislikes but that stuff really doesn't matter at all. Just a surface level gauge of the discussion.

Then we just get a bunch of Ashoka uber fans dislike bombing all our posts with their 50 alt accounts

Like they did all those months ago
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Relmets
    2245 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »

Then we just get a bunch of Ashoka uber fans dislike bombing all our posts with their 50 alt accounts

Like they did all those months ago

I dunno it just doesn't bug me that much
    the meat and potatoes are all of the posts with actual discussion
    if there's no actual argument made against a post other than a horde of dislikes then it speaks for itself
    I mean honestly they could get rid of the whole likes/dislikes spiel and it wouldn't matter anyways. Forums peaked in 2016 and there was no such thing if I recall.
    [+3748 posts]
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    I am going to lol every post I ever see for now on
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    I disagree with your assessment. Will LOL to confirm.
    Maybe that type of attitude from EA employees is why this game sucks.

@lerodemmy You must join the Knights Of Gareth

Please

PLEASE

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    I disagree with your assessment. Will LOL to confirm.
    Maybe that type of attitude from EA employees is why this game sucks.

We saw how well 'if you don't like it don't buy it' went for bfv.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• lol lol LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
  • next thing on the list
    emojis: they are overpowered because its too easy a way to express your feelings like my feelings for this thread :s :# >:) >:) :p :p :p :p B) B) :'( :'( <3 :) :D (try to decipher that ;) )...but i know this is a b ad way of expressing my opinion
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • I agree. I see more lol reactions to threads from users posting things that aren't even funny, but used to disagree or troll the post. However, I've seen popular threads being supported with positive feedback with 1 like, agree or insightful.
  • I agree. I see more lol reactions to threads from users posting things that aren't even funny, but used to disagree or troll the post. However, I've seen popular threads being supported with positive feedback with 1 like, agree or insightful.

same
  • Alex64
    7662 posts Member
    i can't understand the lol thing(there's no such thing like that in my culture) but i usually did the lol thing just for the lolz
    Why so serious?
  • Cadoth
    1137 posts Member
    edited January 17
    As long as I can get points on the LOLS I receive I don’t bother too much trying to understand why some people like to be nasty sometimes, I just ignore them 😆
  • I will remind everyone, this isn't troll OP with other suggestions. Anything after this of that nature will be actioned. You have been warned. A small joke is okay but getting carried away...
    And yes, we can see who is clicking on which reaction. So don't abuse that either, or yet again we will have to take action.

(Yes, i'm fun at parties)

Why not allow everyone to see who reacted to what? Like hovering over the button opened a drop-down list of users who clicked a reaction
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    I will remind everyone, this isn't troll OP with other suggestions. Anything after this of that nature will be actioned. You have been warned. A small joke is okay but getting carried away...
    And yes, we can see who is clicking on which reaction. So don't abuse that either, or yet again we will have to take action.

Why not allow everyone to see who reacted to what? Like hovering over the button opened a drop-down list of users who clicked a reaction

Oh I like this one.
  • bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    I will remind everyone, this isn't troll OP with other suggestions. Anything after this of that nature will be actioned. You have been warned. A small joke is okay but getting carried away...

We used to, it went poorly
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Alex64
    7662 posts Member

Because some person broke that system by giving me arount 900 disagree points just because i disagree with him/her just one time, i think it would be better that the user giving "points" remain unknown.
    Why so serious?
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited January 18
    Your actually right and it's pretty easy to tell in what context people actually find something funny and when they're disagreeing or in effect laughing at your post, I just retaliate with my own laugh and move on.

This isn't something to remove or take action on though, if anything reintroduce the disagree button and just reveal the kids constantly disagreeing on every post you make so you can disregard the negative reactions as diehards and get a real gauge on where the actual community stands on an idea.

Perhaps agree v Disagree on the original post or topic itself.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    I hit agree
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    I hit agree

Agree.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I had like 2,000 dislikes at one point

Maybe even more

Their level of sheer willing obsession to dislike every post I ever made both impresses and disturbs me
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

I had like 2,000 dislikes at one point

Maybe even more

Their level of sheer willing obsession to dislike every post I ever made both impresses and disturbs me

I did the something similar to @SomberingJace a while back, where I went through almost every post he made to give hime 1k likes.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I'm not sure where I stand on this, but that might be because that button didn't exist on the iPad.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I will remind everyone, this isn't troll OP with other suggestions. Anything after this of that nature will be actioned. You have been warned. A small joke is okay but getting carried away...

ooohhhhh snap
  • LOL out loud
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • LOL out loud

LOLOL
  • I agree. A disagree button would do fine. If you cant handle someone disagreeing with your posts then an online forum is no place for you.
    Plus When I make a funny comment I dont know if theyre laughing with me or at me :disappointed:

Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • WOW ...really thought this was a joke thread, seems it's real :|
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!