criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) vs Battlefront 2 (2017)

Volantis
4 posts Member
edited October 2017
Hello, i play now both games

old Game

Old vs new game

Spawning
Old game you can select the spawn point
new game random spawn.
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

Star Card
I really dont like Star Card, i mean it would be better when you can buy something that make your guns better or some armor upgrades. Im against this skills and cards...
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

Character
i missing to play Droidekas and other character in the New Game
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

Character spawning
in the old game you can play 6 units.
Example Empire = Stormtrooper, Shock Trooper, Scout Trooper, Imperial Ingineer, Imperial Officier, Dark Trooper. You dont need points you must only wait longer for them. In the New Game you can play four class character.
Fun fact, only the Commander can support his team. (Different then all other battlefields !)
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

Heros
Heroes in Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005)

-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Yoda
-Mace Windu
-Ki-Adi-Mundi
-Aayla Secura
-Kit Fisto (Xbox only)

-Luke Skywalker
-Luke Skywalker (pilot)
-Han Solo
-Chewbacca
-Princess Leia

-Count Dooku
-General Grievous
-Jango Fett
-Darth Maul
-Darth Sidious (Palpatine)
-Asajj Ventress (Xbox Only)

-Darth Vader
-Emperor Palpatine
-Boba Fett
-Anakin Skywalker
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II#Heroes

Heroes in Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017)
-Boba Fett
-Han Solo
-Leia
-Luke
-Bossk
-Chewbacca
-Darth Vader
-Emperor
-Grievous
-Iden
-Kylo Ren
-Lando
-Maul
-Phasma
-Rey
-Yoda

Old Game 21+ and new Game 16

Here a video that was posted here https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/68264/star-wars-battlefront-2-hero-concepts-clone-wars . A wish what people want as heroes in star wars.

+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

Hero Gameplay mode

+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

NPC
In the old game you can shoot and kill NPCs that running around.
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

Grafic
The old game is from 2005 and the new one from 2016/2017 the grafic from the new one look much better
+ [New Game]

vehicles number

in the Old Game you can play all.
AT AT, AAT, AT TE, Spider Droid, Snail Droid, Droid Gunship, Gunship Clones
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

vehicles and player
In the old Game people can sit together in AAT (one guy drive and shoot the secound canons and the other one use the main canon)
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

using vehicles
in a 12 years old game you can use a vehicles and play with it. In the new one you cant using all (like Gunship) (MTT) ATAT) you have only a short time to shoot with them. No Fly No Walk = No Fun
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

Munition/Ammo
In the old Game you have Munition and can use heal item
in the New Game the ammo is like in bf1 infinitely, you have only problems with overheating
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]
-
Weapons
In the Old game you can use all weapons and granates so often you found them and so many ammo you have.
in the new game, secound weapon and granate are only skills with cds
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

Weapons crosshair
the weapon crosshair is in the old game really big and imprecisely
in the new game its much better
- [Old Game]
+ [New Game]

The point system make me really angry, i need long time to get points to play "AAT" or clone walker sometimes the match is over or im to late and cant use my aat (that exploid after i leave xD)
+ [Old Game]
- [New Game]

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) 14x + and 2x -
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) 2x + and 14x -

My conclusion is, if you want to play a really good star wars battle game you must play the "Old" game.
of course the grafic isnt the best, its now over 10 years old.
But Grafic is not all.

I dont want to buy the new Star Wars Battlefront 2

EA / Dice can you explain me now, why i should spend 60 Euro /Dollar for the new game + 60 Euro /Dollar for the season pass?

Info: I think its a shame, that the feedback section is closed ....

Replies

• It was nice to have few players in LAAT
  • I all ready stated my stance on this several times now but the only good things in a nut shell about the old game is its single player campaign and modes as well as the vehicles everything else is terrible: easily the worst online play of any game I ever played trooper modes are spam explosives or get destroyed and HvV in the old game is awful with Jango and Boba being stupidly overpowered do to them being near impossible to kill and the blaster heroes on that game are not strong enough to counter them effectively enough to make a difference oh and most heroes are just skins with mostly the same ability's.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • It was nice to have few players in LAAT

Stop bumping the threads that are over a year old! See Forum Rules and Guidelines.
    Can a moderator please close this?
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Conquest mode...2005 game has it, 2017 game does not.

It's a legit full Conquest mode too with vehicles spawning on the map that you can get into.

That's all you need for a good Star Wars Battlefront game. No Star Cards, no progression system, no weapon variety, no stat tracking and leaderboards, no emotes, no skins, no matchmaking...NONE OF IT!!!

Just Conquest in it's purest form, and people still play it almost 15 years later. I've even got the PSP port loaded on my Vita!!! lol
  • Battlefront 2005 was not a good game because of these 5 errors.

1. The painting of the clone troopers
    2. Eliminated the option of lying down

8hsgoflkd5we.jpeg

3. Capital ships that do not move
    4. The colors of the lasers were not correct
    5. The Clone Commander

dxyg4uv8zjem.png
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• JAREDUP
    1425 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    I all ready stated my stance on this several times now but the only good things in a nut shell about the old game is its single player campaign and modes as well as the vehicles everything else is terrible: easily the worst online play of any game I ever played trooper modes are spam explosives or get destroyed and HvV in the old game is awful with Jango and Boba being stupidly overpowered do to them being near impossible to kill and the blaster heroes on that game are not strong enough to counter them effectively enough to make a difference oh and most heroes are just skins with mostly the same ability's.

Finally someone else knows and agrees with me, single player or split screen was amazing, online play....nope. Like you said, explosive spam grenades or rocket launchers, so many glitches that allow you to get into the walls and shoot one way out without taking damage, droideka could get into any wall with a simple trick. Many people never played online so they never experienced the mayhem (sometimes fun for **** and giggles, but poor for competitive play) that battlefront 2's online was.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • I played online on the Ps2. It was great. I wouldn't say amazing but I spent a lot of time with it. One of the first games I ever played online. Well that and Call of Duty 3.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.