criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Geonosis is trash

2Next

Replies

• TheScape wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    needed to be said ill make sure to back out anytime this garbage map appears.

Why is it trash?

Part of giving feedback is knowing how to give good feedback. Saying "Geonosis is trash" doesn't really offer much of an insight.

PLEASE tell me you knew why it was trash and you were just trying to make a point. Biggest disconnect ever if you don't know why it's trash. It has the potential to be the best map, but it's ruined because the clones have to win in round 1 in order to win at all.

5 tanks awarded for winning a phase is too many. Should be no more than 3. OR, the tanks should be easier to kill. OR, the tanks should be dropped further from the objective.

Just play the map a few times as the droids after phase 1. You'll see.

You want me to engage on these forums then complain when I do. I'm saying the same thing here that I say everywhere else, there's a way to give feedback and off the cuff comments such as "it's trash" doesn't help anyone.

We have our own opinions on the map but is always good to know what others think. Always better for actual hard thoughts rather than us just guessing.

I speak for everyone when I say this. If the droids do not win phase 1 they lose. The atte are so strong that the only way to win is for all 20 players to be heavies with ion turret & torpedo. Don't need to write a hard thought essay when I can get to the point in 3 simple sentences.

You don’t speak for everyone and if you think ion turrets and torpedoes are the right tactic to win, you are mistaken.

Other than ion grenade, ion/disruptor mods and what he said... What else is there that's supposed to be effective against vehicles?

Even with ion mods/weapons the droids must get in close and attack the undercarriage. Shooting at distance will lose the match. The fight needs to be around the AT-TE’s themselves. Get beside/behind them to take them out. Unlike all other GA maps where the defenders simply have to camp objectives and choke points, on Geonosis the defenders must attack. Think Kamino phase 1, where the clones take the room to keep the droids out. On Geonosis, the droids must try to do the same regarding the AT-TE’s. Get in close, hold back the clones, and fire at the underbelly. Long ranged shots against the upper shell, whether by ion weapons, AAT’s, or whatever, won’t be enough.

Geonosis is interesting because both factions have objectives to attack. The defenders can’t simply wait for the attackers to come to them... that’s a loss. This fundamental difference is why folks are struggling.

I agree with that, but you can still use turrets and torpedos up close. It seemed like you said that using anti-vehicle abilities was not the tactic (because you said nothing about the range) and that is why I was confused. Thanks for clarifying your point.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Probably why Peter Gabriel left. If you think Geonosis is trash, wait til you hear Phil Collins' solo stuff....

You got me good there! LOL!
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    You want me to engage on these forums then complain when I do.

I complain when the plumber doesn't show up, and then I complain when he does show up and has to ask what's wrong with my flooded basement.

Alright, whatever. I'm glad you are commenting, but it doesn't address the elephant in the room: Do the devs actually PLAY the game? I know the obvious answer is yes, but it feels like it's no. I like to call phase 2 and 3 of the droids on Geonosis the "Dance of Defeat." You know you are going to lose. It's almost guaranteed. I stay in the match because I'm not a quitter, but I KNOW we're going to lose, save by some miracle. The problems with Geonosis are beyond obvious.

There have been a lot of choices made since the launch of this game, where someone on the dev team signed off on it and said "yeah, this is okay." (Palps being a super god, killing snipers from the other side of the map as an officer, melee being deadlier than lightsabers, the ion torpedo apocalypse ) You'll have to forgive me if I'm concerned when everyone and their brother agrees that Geonosis is an unbalanced train wreck, yet no one from the dev teams sees it. In fact, the last survey we did would have been a PERFECT place to get this information from the players, but instead it asked things like "Would you recommend this game to your friends?" Like some restaurant or something. There could have been a whole section asking about Geonosis or opinions on certain classes. If you guys need some ideas as to what a good survey looks like, just look at the readily available fan made ones for guidance.

I'm saying the same thing here that I say everywhere else, there's a way to give feedback and off the cuff comments such as "it's trash" doesn't help anyone.

Yeah, I didn't create this thread. I agreed with the OP that Geonosis is trash, but then I gave some suggestions as how it can be improved for the droids.

moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Gosh...again and again the same things happen...
    Something new is not balanced..ok..this happened...instead of doing fine tuning Devs completely do the opposite.
    It is right that the ion torpedo made too much damages at the beginning. Let's say instead of level 100 they were at 140...so instead of adjusting them at 100 let's put them at 5....and here the result...

All this work sent to the bin, will never understand this is feasible and acceptable...

• Dash
    11616 posts Member
    edited January 18
    TheScape wrote: »

Why is it trash?

Part of giving feedback is knowing how to give good feedback. Saying "Geonosis is trash" doesn't really offer much of an insight.

PLEASE tell me you knew why it was trash and you were just trying to make a point. Biggest disconnect ever if you don't know why it's trash. It has the potential to be the best map, but it's ruined because the clones have to win in round 1 in order to win at all.

5 tanks awarded for winning a phase is too many. Should be no more than 3. OR, the tanks should be easier to kill. OR, the tanks should be dropped further from the objective.

You want me to engage on these forums then complain when I do. I'm saying the same thing here that I say everywhere else, there's a way to give feedback and off the cuff comments such as "it's trash" doesn't help anyone.

We have our own opinions on the map but is always good to know what others think. Always better for actual hard thoughts rather than us just guessing.

I speak for everyone when I say this. If the droids do not win phase 1 they lose. The atte are so strong that the only way to win is for all 20 players to be heavies with ion turret & torpedo. Don't need to write a hard thought essay when I can get to the point in 3 simple sentences.

You don’t speak for everyone and if you think ion turrets and torpedoes are the right tactic to win, you are mistaken.

Other than ion grenade, ion/disruptor mods and what he said... What else is there that's supposed to be effective against vehicles?

Cr-2, FMB, A280’s (Both), NT, S5, etc. all viable. Basically all weapon mods, Ion turrets, Ion torpedoes, Ion grenades, SCS/Explosive Sentrys, etc. all of it with team work takes out vehicles.

Teamwork makes the Dream work.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I have no insight into why Geonosis is "trash." I have only played it once since it launched. I feel no connection to Star Wars by way of any Prequel maps because they are the byproduct of horrendous filmmaking, so I just back out when they come up.

But that's not helpful in terms of making Geonosis better. I hope it gets tweaked in whatever manner is constructive, so that people who like the map will have a better experience.
  • Dash wrote: »

Why is it trash?

Cr-2, FMB, A280’s (Both), NT, S5, etc. all viable. Basically all weapon mods, Ion turrets, Ion torpedoes, Ion grenades, SCS/Explosive Sentrys, etc. all of it with team work takes out vehicles.

I'm also a fan of the pinpoint long distance accuracy of the regular sentry. It may not be ideal, but in a pinch, you can damage one of those AT-TE's from far away.
  • bfloo
    15532 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

Why is it trash?

teamwork

2359u7b3h5aw.png

Maybe it would work in another game.

A droid team with team work is going to win phase 1 every time
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11616 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »

Why is it trash?

teamwork

2359u7b3h5aw.png

Maybe it would work in another game.

A droid team with team work is going to win phase 1 every time

48yygpmbychg.gif

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Would help the droids to have these hailfire droids as playable tanks as well. qwl4bhc71ap7.jpg
  • Dash
    11616 posts Member
    Would help the droids to have these hailfire droids as playable tanks as well. qwl4bhc71ap7.jpg

Most definitely would help. +1

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Would help the droids to have these hailfire droids as playable tanks as well. qwl4bhc71ap7.jpg

Will take them 2-3 months to implement, then a patch to get them actually working as intended.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime

easily one of the vehicles I miss the most would love these.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• Liz4rD
    1008 posts Member

The map is not about the weapons or vehicles.

Its about strategy and how the droid team play its cards.

First of all. Droids must try hard to win in Phase 1.

If they are not going to win that Phase, they must try to leave clones with the minimum assets for them to start Phase 2. If they lose one of the targets from Phase 1 the objective is resisting at all costs in the remaining objective.

All droids respawning in Phase 2 must leave their spawn asap, and close the gap between clone forces and droid army, using STAPS, jump enforcers and tanks to fast move as close to clones as possible.

That means the battle must take place at the hill slope mainly, and in those paths coming from the hill top where the clones are descending. Tanks must attack from THE SIDES (well covered places on the sides for them). The fact is that in the beggining of this Phase there is just ONE AT-TE, and It cant defend both of its sides, so the droids must attack hard with artillery fire from droid tanks and heavy class (ion turrets - ion torpedoes) while the rest of the droids harass the clones respawning in the AT TE respawn zone, passing by with STAPS, and at the same time defend their own tanks. Battle must be around a close distance from the AT TE.

Primary objective here is destroy the first AT TE asap. Some players must focus on the coming LAAT's carrying the new AT TE's to prevent clones to take control of them and damage/destroy them BEFORE they are used by the clones.

Sadly Ive only seen this happen just a couple of times, but I remember in one of those it worked perfectly and clones were defeated just after they have destroyed one of the droid hard cells.
  • Sadly, if i see this map come up, i immediately back out..love looks of it, but hate the actual gameplay of it
  • Alex64
    7468 posts Member
    it's useless trying to defend this map, play it, check it and fix it.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Debot
    216 posts Member
    I can't entirely make an educated/experienced assessment of geonosis because I don't get opportunity to play it much. (Maybe 10-12 times?). I find that frustrating considering I was like the masses desperately craving new content. I generally only allow myself an hour or so to play and if I have to spend 10 minutes trying to get this map then I give up (dice make take some solace knowing that my frustration has oddly veered me back to bf1).

So that leaves me ambivalent about matchmaking. In many ways I at least find it has brought balance to the game and I am grateful for that. But for a game that I feel starved us of content, making it hard for me to play new content was like dangling a carrot just out of my reach.

Stray observations
    -I would say my matches have been one by clones 75-80 percent of time.

-I still find it hard to get my bearings and feel misdirected. While I feel the design is very good, I find as a clone that I mistaken periphial unreal characters real and not sure if spider droids are real or not.....

-I can't help but sigh when I respawm as a droid at beginning of phase 2. Maybe it is required but it goes against the grain of shortening spawn distance elsewhere in game.

-I'd simply like option to play it so I could offer insight.

Thanks
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    @F8RGE thanks for coming in, and I can give some simple points on why Geonosis is pretty much impossible to win if the clones get past Phase one.

1. The AT-TE cannons. Any good driver will simply walk somewhat forward to the hill, aim up with the siege gun and fire the ion, guaranteeing a hardcell hit, and allowing the pounding from the Clones. It becomes super easy to win this as clones because of this, as Phase two is a easy roll.
    2. Droids vs. the Tanks. The weapons droids have are limited, and the weapons the droids do have (OG spider droids) are easily countered by a competent AT-TE pilot. All the pilot has to do is walk till he sees one and switch to Siege mode and angle the shots to hit the droids from farther away, essentially destroying the only effective weapons against the AT-TE’s.
    3. Ion vs AT-TE’s. The only weapons droids actually had to attack the AT-TE’s that were truly effective, but after the patch they do extremely low damage. This makes the only things that damage AT-TE’s the Spider droids, which are easily countered by the AT-TE.
    4. The balance droids need. The droid team pretty much needs have one half team to focus AT-TE’s and one of their heroes to pick Iden and span pulse cannon from the back, and the other half to fight off 17 clones or heroes, which is pretty much impossible. Clones simply have to kill droids. Because of that the droids simply die too fast to destroy the AT-TE’s. And even if they do, this come to the second point.
    5. The spawns. Before the ion nerf, the spawns were fine, but because it was nerfed, the Tanks simply spawn too close to be destroyed fast enough if the defenders are competent in phase 3. This means that Defenders have even more chance to take Phase Three even if your team is competent.
    6. Speeders. The Clone speeders pretty much make sure villains can’t even clear the heroes, as the Clones are much harder to even kill on the speeders, and LB pretty much obliterates Blaster heroes. The villains have the stap, but because of the design it pretty much sucks. But this is just my opinion.
    So in total, the droids lose because of three main things,
    1. The inability to apply real damage to competent tank drivers.
    2. To apply damage to the Tank, they must be significantly better than the clones and have better coordination and tactics than the clones, but if the clones are of equal skill, they lose. The Spider droids are destroyed pretty much instantly by any competent driver.
    3. The tanks spawn so close to the objectives that Clones can afford to lose 8 tanks and still win simply because of how close they are.

@F8RGE did you see this?
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Just Un-Nerf the ion torpedo..
  • Tubbysdad wrote: »
    Just Un-Nerf the ion torpedo..

nope it was stupidly overpowered before its fairly balanced now.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000