criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Top 3 Star Wars Movies

GrayOne
406 posts Member
edited January 19
1. The Empire Strikes Back
t4sgibbp95ib.jpg
2. A New Hope
2kx3goldehdd.jpeg
3. Vader Episode 1: Shards of the Past
bsmaiqkv81vd.jpg

Replies

• What's your top 3? All SW movies welcome, spin offs and all.
  • 1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Rogue 1
    3. A New Hope
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Battle for Endor

Caravan of courage

Rogue 1.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Episode 5
    Rogue One
    Episode 6
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • 1.empire strikes back
    2. Rogue one
    3. Revenge of the sith.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• DarthJ
    6172 posts Member
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I've only seen Phantom Menace and half of ANH
    [+3748 posts]
  • Raices
    1103 posts Member
    My fav SW movies are:
    1. Attack of the Clones-because of Jango Fett, Yoda vs Dooku, Jango vs Obi, Mace vs Jango, Kamino.

2. A New Hope- the one that got me into SW. Vader vs Kenobi rematch,Death Star interiors, Trench Run, Mos Eisley cantina, Grand Moff Tarkin.

3. A tie between Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith- Yoda vs Palpatine, Vader toying with Luke, Boba Fett does something, Anakin vs Dooku rematch, Mace vs Palpatine.
  • 1 The Empire Strikes Back
    2 A New Hope
    3 Rogue One
  • Empire Strikes Back

Rogue One

Revenge Of The Sith
  • 1. Empire
    2. New Hope
    3. Rogue one
  • 1.Empire Strikes Back
    2/3.Return of the Jedi
    2/3. A New Hope
  • 1. A New Hope
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. Rogue One
  • 1) the Empire Strikes Back
    2) A New Hope
    3) Return of the Jedi
  • 1. Rogue One
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. The Phantom Menace

I am prepared to get hate for my #3 pick. I will explain my reasons:
    1. The third act (one of my ultimate favorites)
    2. Darth Maul
    3. I am resistant to the evil mind tricks of Darth Jar Jar.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • ZephanUnbound
    1879 posts Member
    edited January 19
    1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

And though you only asked for 3:

4. Empire Strikes Back
    5. Solo: A Star Wars Story
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Phantom Menace
    8. A New Hope
    9. The Force Awaken
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    100. The Last Jedi

xD That's how bad The Last Jedi is to me, I rate it below about 91 fan films and potential movie ideas I can come up with in my own head.
  • Episode 3, episode 4, episode 6.
  • I really don’t get why so many people here picked Rogue One in the top 3
  • 1. Return of the Jedi
    2. A New Hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith

giphy.gif
  • Lee1981
    1791 posts Member
    1. Esb
    2. Force awakens
    3. Rogue one
  • 3. I am resistant to the evil mind tricks of Darth Jar Jar.

I didn't know Jar Jar had evil mind tricks, but now that you mention it.... :)

• t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited January 19
    anidriX wrote: »
    I really don’t get why so many people here picked Rogue One in the top 3

I thought it was a better done movie than any of the prequals or sequals, and it does a very good job portraying the heroic tragedy genre by developing characters we actually care about who then sacrifice themselves. Another great thing about Rogue One is that it deals with characters which do not have much "canon" baggage and thus can tell a story which is not constrained nearly as much by said "canon". I felt the same feeling at the ending of Rogue One that I did at the ending of Gladiator or Blood Diamond... and that was the first time I had that type of reaction to a Star Wars movie.

They attempted to "sacrifice" characters we cared about in the way of Han Solo being killed off, Luke being killed off, and the death of the admiral who rammed her ship into snokes ship... but it didn't have the same effect for a variety of reasons.

In the case of Han Solo, the fact that they turned his character from a badass smuggler rogue of the galaxy into a deadbeat dad with a failed marriage and a dysfunctional child really decreased how much I cared or wanted to continue seeing him in the franchise... so that impact was lessened.

In the case of Luke, they diminished and changed his character in a major way similar to Han Solo before attempting to "sacrifice" him which actually diminished how much I cared as he wasn't the Luke I knew... if they had actually sacrificed him fighting Kylo to save the people in the cave, that might have worked well... instead they turned him into a force ghost which basically nullifies his "death" and he wasn't even heroic as he was in no real danger...

In the case of the female admiral chick... I just don't care. She was a poor leader and I didn't care about her contrived premise for sacrificing herself (how about if you aren't inept and you won't put yourself in that position to begin with?).

In Rogue One... I cared about the characters, their motivations seemed genuine, and their sacrifice thus hit harder than any of the ones above I just mentioned, despite their characters actually being less impactful overall in the Star Wars saga.
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    edited January 19
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    ...and it does a very good job portraying the heroic tragedy genre by developing characters we actually care about who then sacrifice themselves. ... I felt the same feeling at the ending of Rogue One that I did at the ending of Gladiator or Blood Diamond... and that was the first time I had that type of reaction to a Star Wars movie.

I would have answered pretty much the same way.

Edit:
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    ...despite their characters actually being less impactful overall in the Star Wars saga.

I wouldn't say less impactful as without the plans to the Death Star, the Rebellion might as well have packed up and gone home. Collectively the characters in Rogue One accomplished a lot.

• Empire strikes back
    A new hope
    Rogue one
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

I thought it was a better done movie than any of the prequals or sequals, and it does a very good job portraying the heroic tragedy genre by developing characters we actually care about who then sacrifice themselves. Another great thing about Rogue One is that it deals with characters which do not have much "canon" baggage and thus can tell a story which is not constrained nearly as much by said "canon". I felt the same feeling at the ending of Rogue One that I did at the ending of Gladiator or Blood Diamond... and that was the first time I had that type of reaction to a Star Wars movie.

They attempted to "sacrifice" characters we cared about in the way of Han Solo being killed off, Luke being killed off, and the death of the admiral who rammed her ship into snokes ship... but it didn't have the same effect for a variety of reasons.

In the case of Han Solo, the fact that they turned his character from a badass smuggler rogue of the galaxy into a deadbeat dad with a failed marriage and a dysfunctional child really decreased how much I cared or wanted to continue seeing him in the franchise... so that impact was lessened.

In the case of Luke, they diminished and changed his character in a major way similar to Han Solo before attempting to "sacrifice" him which actually diminished how much I cared as he wasn't the Luke I knew... if they had actually sacrificed him fighting Kylo to save the people in the cave, that might have worked well... instead they turned him into a force ghost which basically nullifies his "death" and he wasn't even heroic as he was in no real danger...

In the case of the female admiral chick... I just don't care. She was a poor leader and I didn't care about her contrived premise for sacrificing herself (how about if you aren't inept and you won't put yourself in that position to begin with?).

In Rogue One... I cared about the characters, their motivations seemed genuine, and their sacrifice thus hit harder than any of the ones above I just mentioned, despite their characters actually being less impactful overall in the Star Wars saga.

Totally agree. I almost totally boycotted rogue one before it came out and was totally blown away by it.
  • The Empire Strikes Back
    A New Hope
    The Last Jedi
  • Empire Strikes Back
    Rogue One
    Revenge of the Sith
  • Alex64
    5890 posts Member
    Episode 5
    Rogue One
    Episode 6
  • anidriX wrote: »

Everyone has their one likes, what's yours. Personally I can't believe how good Vader: Shards of the Past is, and it's a fan film...so good.
  • If you all haven't watched Vader Episode 1: Shards of the Past, I recommend you drop what you are doing and head over to the youtubes and watch it right meow.
  • 1: The Clone Wars movie
    2: Darth Maul: Apprentice
    3: Vader Episode 1: Shards of the Past
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • 1. RotS
    2. TLJ
    3. ANH
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • 1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Rogue One
    3. Phantom Menace (it had so many good things that I was waiting for long time that I looked past the bad ones; young Obi Wan meets Anakin, Qui Gon, Darth Maul, the Sith "revealing themselves", right off the bat lightsaber action sequences, honestly the underwater Gungan city was stunning, and I truly LOVED Pod racing!)
  • 1. EMPRE
    2. ANH
    3. TFA
  • GrayOne wrote: »
    If you all haven't watched Vader Episode 1: Shards of the Past, I recommend you drop what you are doing and head over to the youtubes and watch it right meow.

I did. Can I have 30 minutes of my life back now?
  • 1. Revenge of the sith
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. Star Wars (New hope)
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1489 posts Member
    edited January 26
    Also since since im here and we are talking about good story telling, anyone who really enjoys stories and video games check out Metro 2033, Ive never gone crazy for stories in games but man I personally was blown away by the story. I know the game is based on the book but im not a reader so playing the game is a great way to experience it
    Post edited by JAREDUP on
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    GrayOne wrote: »
    If you all haven't watched Vader Episode 1: Shards of the Past, I recommend you drop what you are doing and head over to the youtubes and watch it right meow.

I did. Can I have 30 minutes of my life back now?

It was only like 14min long, what else where you doing?
  • 1. Empire strikes back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. Rogue One

Yeah I have a thing for tragedy.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

My perspective is the exact opposite of yours. I mean, it wasn't bad. I liked it for what it was. I was into the story because it impacted directly into A New Hope.
    My problem with the movie is that the characters are not likeable at all. And when I say characters I refer to the main ones who are in charge of driving the movie which are Cassian and Jyn. They provided no emotion to me and I didn't care when they finally died. Krennic was quite good though, his motivations and ambitions were clear and when you see him get killed by his own creation you can even feel for him. I cared more when Galen died than when Jyn did. Galen didn't want to build the Death Star but had to because his family was at stake. But his conscience made him add vulnerabilties to the Station. THAT itself improves A New Hope for all those that felt that an exaust port to destroy the Death Star in one shot was too convenient. I extremely loved the last 5 minutes of the movie even though a lot of it was fan service, it was really beautiful and tied very neatly with A New Hope. So yes, I found enjoyment in this movie.
    Being that said, considering Rogue One to be better than any movie of the original trilogy is giving this movie WAAAAAAAY more credit than it deserves.

• 1.Empire/Jedi
    2.ROTS/ANH
    3. TPM

RO was solid and far better than any sequel imo.
    Solo was decent also but I like the real Starwars movies, not spinoffs about sidekicks. I don’t really care what the ball boys do at a Federer Nadal match.