criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

Why don't we have Private matches yet? Anyone?

Still no private matches? I am waiting and waiting. I want to be able to play against my friends and family. 1v1. Imagine Darth Vader vs Anakin or Dooku vs Anakin. Revenge of the Sith game had the right idea. Even the Jedi knight games. Please Dice.
x37bclat5tvn.png
d8crdum4d0gb.jpgox9s8ilwpgh1.png

Replies

• Casualization
  • Dude ....this is how you scare the living day lights out of the Devs on this forum. Just say "Private Server" or...."Map Selection" and watch them....vanish.

There's another word you could say...but we all know what that is....and I'm not allowed to say it. But seriously...this is "taboo" to Dice. I double dare them to respond with anything other than "no plans right now".

So I’ve noticed, been posting about private’s a long time now and it’s one of the few topics I haven’t seen a mod or dev comment on, same goes for map selection.
  • Relmets
    2406 posts Member
    Dude ....this is how you scare the living day lights out of the Devs on this forum. Just say "Private Server" or...."Map Selection" and watch them....vanish.

There's another word you could say...but we all know what that is....and I'm not allowed to say it. But seriously...this is "taboo" to Dice. I double dare them to respond with anything other than "no plans right now".

So I’ve noticed, been posting about private’s a long time now and it’s one of the few topics I haven’t seen a mod or dev comment on, same goes for map selection.

It's a complete joke at this point
    [+3748 posts]
  • Dude ....this is how you scare the living day lights out of the Devs on this forum. Just say "Private Server" or...."Map Selection" and watch them....vanish.

....true very true
  • Ppong_Man12
    2736 posts Member
    edited January 19
    This thread will just fade into oblivion, it also shows what’s important to this playerbase. Not even multiple pages of private match threads around here, maybe that’s why the devs don’t care. They could still touch base and let us know it’s a definite no which is unbelievable compared to most other shooters.
  • lagless
    62 posts Member
    edited January 19
    never happening (game has been out more than a year and yeaaa) .... PS2 games that had online had private matches, let that sink in.
    EA is goat
    g5nbsc0lc37n.gif
  • Because they're working on other things requested far more often. Why is this difficult? it's not like this is the first game to work on something after release that people wanted.
  • Because they're working on other things requested far more often. Why is this difficult? it's not like this is the first game to work on something after release that people wanted.

working on what other things requested far more often
    [+3748 posts]
  • Its too hard, like implementing a cape for General grevious
  • cause the devs are doodoo.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

Why is it so difficult to see they aren't working on anything "requested more often"? Whatever that means.

Why is this difficult? For you to grasp reality?
  • First rule about server/map browsers and private matches, don't talk about server/map browsers and private matches.
  • Because this isn’t a good game.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • bfloo
    15847 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Because they're working on other things requested far more often. Why is this difficult? it's not like this is the first game to work on something after release that people wanted.

But we all wanted the Takodana chicken fixed...

kvxax8r2ugts.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Ppong_Man12
    2736 posts Member
    edited January 20
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Because this isn’t a good game.

Sadly I’m beginning to think you may be right, to a degree.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Because they're working on other things requested far more often. Why is this difficult? it's not like this is the first game to work on something after release that people wanted.

kvxax8r2ugts.png

Thank god for that.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• First rule about server/map browsers and private matches, don't talk about server/map browsers and private matches.

Love it.

For the OP....lack of private servers completely killed Clan movies events match clan play everything. It's amazing that the first game is better than the second game.

41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Bump before this thread dissipates. To the devs and hopefully they read this thread. Private matches imo are more important than any skin or even new heroes for any type of longevity what so every. If this game doesn’t have them it will die shortly after the last content drop imo.
  • Bump before this thread dissipates. To the devs and hopefully they read this thread. Private matches imo are more important than any skin or even new heroes for any type of longevity what so every. If this game doesn’t have them it will die shortly after the last content drop imo.

I agree actually. The sad fact is I can't play most of the last game without private matches.
  • jonci
    1198 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

kvxax8r2ugts.png

Still no nerf to the OP chairs at Mos Eisley either.
  • Was playing battlefield 5 last night and the amount of thing that can be done are amazing compared to this game. A fov slider is another thing they removed from the launch game on console.
  • Not sure, but this Padawan might have the answer your looking for...
    jlqynxxp9oft.jpg
  • agreed - this is SO needed - a year overdue
  • Was playing battlefield 5 last night and the amount of thing that can be done are amazing compared to this game. A fov slider is another thing they removed from the launch game on console.

Oh I REALLY want a field of view slider for the console versions! I've wanted that since the last Battlefront...the "waist up" angle was an odd choice for them to lock into place. Oh I wish that was the only tiny thing we could be requesting to change....but that's now number 354 on the list of "fix it please" situations.

Oh I REALLY want a field of view slider for the console versions! I've wanted that since the last Battlefront...the "waist up" angle was an odd choice for them to lock into place. Oh I wish that was the only tiny thing we could be requesting to change....but that's now number 354 on the list of "fix it please" situations.

It’s to close imo and compared to pc it sucks. It gives the game a different feel imo.
  • Is more important new set of bandaids for Chewy as skins than private matches :smile:
  • bfloo wrote: »

kvxax8r2ugts.png

Have an awesome.
    As for "working on other things requested far more often", that is good, then maybe we will see a decline in the threads requesting the game impacting emote wheel. Besides, when I'm not in a private match feeling out the new blasters while attempting to get bp's for a Flame or ARC trooper reinforcement on the new Extraction map, I'm flying a B-wing on the new SA map attempting to get enough bp's for Obi Wan's Delta-7. Also, who isn't appreciating the new hero skins for Luke or the new Shadow trooper, Shock trooper or TIE/Rebel pilot skins? If I'm not browsing the numerous skin selections, I have 3 maps of JPC to kill time until the new mode hero arrives. /s/
    #StarWars-y