criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Triple XP Event - Starfighters

Replies

• McFly88
    1 posts Member
    edited January 18
    I was so looking forward to this event in Hero Starfighters. They are so tedious to level up. Words cannot express my disappointment.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1500 posts Member
    edited January 19
    jonci wrote: »
    this is what happens to me on Hero Starfighters -

Spawn, die.

This is what happens on SFA

Regular ship - mega kills

Spawn as hero, die

Me gonna play GA good luck guys

That's because you need to practice, did you think that we who play this mode all the time were going to go easy on you? nope! welcome to star fighter assault where noobs are going to get wrecked worse than when they play in HVV.

nah I am usually top 5 in SFA, once I played on a server that had a 1000ms lag and I was still top 5!
  • This is another case of an event that sounds great in theory. Hero Starfighters is the most aggravating mode in the entire game. This is exactly the scenario:

The Lobby:
    People are constantly jumping in and out. Long waits to get started - kills momentum.

Gameplay:
    Four star fighters on each side are heading directly for each other. The one with the biggest guns wins every time. Your time in the cockpit is over very quickly if you get targeted by rapid fire enemy or that seismic charge...worst of all if you crash. This is the experience....Constantly seeing "hard lock detected" on my screen, no radar to see anything, and chasing orange diamonds in hopes of being able to target an enemy. Flying around trying to find the enemy, and if they haven't found you, they're often all over the place and the chase is on firing and firing, hoping to finally put out enough damage to get the kill (and not be killed). The Millennium Falcon, all three of them, can take such high damage it's almost not worth going after unless the whole team is after it. People jump in and out in between rounds further delaying what is often short gameplay. At a minimum the round system needs to go and the all ships starting by flying directly at each other.

There is no balancing in the matchmaking other than to make sure there is the same amount of players. The games are dominated by people who actually play starfigher modes.

I know this mode was created because with the conversion from the crate system to the XP system, there was no viable way to consistently level up Hero starfighers. Even with triple XP, this isn't like playing Heroes vs. Villains for awhile and getting ample opportunity to build up on XP. You can chase your tail in this game mode for awhile, and if you're not getting dominated by starfigher regulars, you might, just might be able to slowly gain some XP. It's been awhile since I've played this mode, and now I remember why I dislike it so much.

• I was hoping to play as a starfighter the entire weekend, but now, with the Hero Starfighter mode triple XP not working, as well as with my own lack of interest in SA, I think I will just play until I have done each map of SA, and then I will go back to playing Extraction, GA, or HvV.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but after playing regular Starfighter Assault for about 2 hours, I've noticed that my Hero Ships are ranking up a lot faster. Even though I'm only picking the Hero ships that need some cards upgraded, which means I'm mostly flying as a regular Fighter, it's still pretty quick.
    There was one game where it seemed like I just got the regular amount of XP, but I was only in the ship for a short while.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Not once was I able to play a game of Hero Starfighter. I kept getting placed into empty lobbies. So frustrating. Then come here to find out the XP hasn’t been working as expected is more disappointing.

I played a dozen matches of SA and swear some matches weren’t triple XP. I’d get top player and about 40k but only gain half a level. Doesn’t math to me, but I’m more familiar with GA and trooper leveling.

I just ended up giving up. Not worth the grind.
  • I can't believe after being told for a month we would have 3XP in Hero Starfighter, that it isn't happening. Then again, why should I be so surprised? My disappointment in this game cannot be overstated. There's already virtually zero technical support for matchmaking and bugs; the last thing we need are false promises to exacerbate our aggravation. This is such a simple thing. If we were never meant to earn 3XP in H.S., don't advertise it, EA. Either this was a bait and switch tactic to lure people back into these game modes, or it was just yet another shortcoming. I don't expect this to be fixed since everyone is off for the weekend, and I certainly don't expect a reply from the community managers (F8RGE or EA_Charlemagne). I'm a big fan of this game, and have stuck with it through all of the ups and downs. It's a shame stuff like this still happens. On a positive note, enjoy what is left of the event, and may the force be with all of you.
  • Love to fly,played 100 hours of BF15 SF but this mode is just too slow .Played BF17 SFA for 1st time in 8 months last night...left after 5minutes .The lag is just too frustrating....fundamental design problem-simplify landscape/speed up ALL ships
  • I dont know why but i m sooo generous with the newcomers, if i see them fly with a hero i spare them. Didnt expect it...xd
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax wrote: »
    I dont know why but i m sooo generous with the newcomers, if i see them fly with a hero i spare them. Didnt expect it...xd

It's funny because they will never do the same for you and they will gang up to take down any big hero ship they see (Falcons mainly). I guess it can't be helped.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • jonci wrote: »
    this is what happens to me on Hero Starfighters -

Spawn, die.

This is what happens on SFA

Regular ship - mega kills

Spawn as hero, die

Me gonna play GA good luck guys

That's because you need to practice, did you think that we who play this mode all the time were going to go easy on you? nope! welcome to star fighter assault where noobs are going to get wrecked worse than when they play in HVV.

nah I am usually top 5 in SFA, once I played on a server that had a 1000ms lag and I was still top 5!

There are dozens of people here claiming to be in the top 5, perhaps they are using the same math as Dice are using for the 3 x XP on Heros. :* o:) <3
  • Sure wish matchmaking wouldn't force me out of the server that was full into an empty server waiting on 9 other players.
  • Sure wish matchmaking wouldn't force me out of the server that was full into an empty server waiting on 9 other players.

That would be nice but....
    #StarWars-y
  • Seronax
    473 posts Member
    edited January 19
    TheScape wrote: »
    Seronax wrote: »
    I dont know why but i m sooo generous with the newcomers, if i see them fly with a hero i spare them. Didnt expect it...xd

It's funny because they will never do the same for you and they will gang up to take down any big hero ship they see (Falcons mainly). I guess it can't be helped.

Well its true, fortunately almost all heroships are 40 so even if they try they will fall but when they dont i just ignore them or max poke them a bit to move out from the danger zone :D i am 90% unkillable with Han or Lando on some maps like Fondor, Endor Dqar :D i die more often cause of lagg xD
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• I was really looking forward to using this event to level up my Hero Starfighters, even took off from work to play this event.

Pretty disappointed.
  • I played several games of Hero Ships but the multiplier on that mode doesn't exist. The multiplier shows up on SFA though.
    Upgrade your ships on that mode instead.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Yooo, why are y'all lying? There is no triple xp.
  • Kamykatz wrote: »
    k0dwomorvb8r.jpg

If I read this upon logging on, I expect nothing less than three times the XP I would normally get in that mode, irrespective of whether it has a different base XP distribution than other modes. Anything else would be blatantly false advertising.

I didn't get this on the day of the event.
    Did anybody else did?
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • You could make this a 20XP event and would still be a hard pass. I loved flying in every SW game, but this is frustrating and no fun. Just visually stunning with garbage play.
  • Is this fixed yet?
  • yeah is it fixed?

i tried to play hero starfighters yesterday but only found empty lobbies. (pc)
  • Few people play Hero Starfighters at the best of times. You only get a hero ship till your first death, so many people avoid it and just play regular SFA.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Few people play Hero Starfighters at the best of times. You only get a hero ship till your first death, so many people avoid it and just play regular SFA.

Which is why HS should follow the same endless hero method as HvV. Allowing players to respawn again as a hero instead of a standard star fighter might attract more players to the mode.

That is EXACTLY what I assumed the mode would be when it was released. When I noticed you last 20 seconds in a hero ship and slender the rest of the time respawning as an average fighter waiting around for points and opportunities....I left and never touched it since. Can't believe they made it to help you level up Hero ships but it's not like HvV where you just keep with Hero selection. Can they do...anything....sensibly right?
  • I know its tripple bonus but still looks cool :D :D :D If i could play with the Falcons i might be able to reach 100k :D :D maybe next time
    j2m14lcx4o8z.png
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Triple XP event is nice so far. But so much high points on players make getting a heroship difficult. As well as when you have a pro at them who fly and won't see Poe free for the whole map.

Still. You don't see full 24 maps these days. So much targets and ships. :)
  • Seronax wrote: »
    I know its tripple bonus but still looks cool :D :D :D If i could play with the Falcons i might be able to reach 100k :D :D maybe next time
    j2m14lcx4o8z.png

You got me there, I won't be able to beat that, too tired to play well now.

Pretty happy of the event on my part, I met all my objectives got all my heroes 40 except han/luke/yoda who are 34 but I'm gonna stop playing. :D
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • The silence is deafening.
    Never an admission of a mistake or an apology.
    They will be too busy to focus on fixing anything while they are getting ready to release a patch that will break more than it fixes.
  • When it comes to mistakes, some people seem to have a very traditional oriental idea that they will "lose face" by doing so.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Billkwando
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Well, it looks like """Triple XP""" weekend is over. I think it's safe to say that, in the proud tradition of DICE's track record with Starfighter modes, that this "event" was a total failure.

In the past, on a double XP weekend, I've been able to get 3 hero ships up to purple in Hero Starfighters, even with other modes thrown into the mix (GA, HvV). This weekend, I didn't even manage one purple ship, playing nothing but Hero Starfighters, along with a few rounds of SA.

We need an actual triple XP weekend, preferably with hero cap raised, HU style, for SA.

Edit: Oh wait, maybe it's not over yet. I just rechecked the time. Forgive me for not being able to tell by the amount of XP I'm (not) getting. :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Me and the boiis are ready to fly!
  • Event wasn't fun and felt unfulfilling. Should have awarded more XP or changed HS to endless hero respawn. I'm not a terrible pilot, but leveling heroes is a pain and this event did not speed things up very much if at all. It felt like I was scoring at around the same with heroes and not 3X. The event encouraged people to menu camp for hero deaths instead of PTO and rounds were often too short to make any meaningful experience gains. Overall, really bad experience and would like to see it done better in the future or not at all because it was a waste of everyone's time.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1500 posts Member
    edited January 21
    Need 10x points to touch my hero ships. Maxed out the 3 regular classes but never figured out how to not die instantly as heroes. I'm much more effective as a regular lol.
  • Why can't we have SFA heroes unleashed?
  • Well one of my biggest ‘feels’ came tonight: I changed ping to Virginia and for the first time ever saw someone from the forums here!

@lerodemmy took me out two or three times with Iden’s TIE.

I don’t mean to sound soppy but it was Kinda cool seeing someone online from here.

And he stayed me. Lol

pH
  • What time does it end US, PST?

Thx
  • What I’ve learnt this triple XP weekend:

Most importantly:

1) Although I live in London and my smallest ping site should be Germany (~21-25ms), I get a much better game on the US Virginia server (103-105 ms). Not once did I experience a noticeable lag, there were far more players and the games were smooth.

Carrying on:

2) There seems to be some/a lot of people bent out of shape because of this SFA weekend. People who don’t play the mode, don’t like the mode, but feel it’s important that they tell us so. Why bother? Is it taking anything away from you?

3) The more I played on US servers, the more names I recognised and sadly the amount of deception being spread by a small number of them when it comes to Y’s ions and spawn camping. I saw three names of regulars here who were hanging around the spawn zone in Uncharted Regions repeatedly taking me and others out. Then, on Kamino using the Y wing’s ion.

If you want to do that, then that’s up to you. But really...why lie about it? Is it such a big deal to you that people think you’re something you’re clearly not?

I’ve always given people the benefit of the doubt here because a) Star Wars fans are family and b) I’m sooooo bad at infantry and hero modes that I assumed it was me. Well, largely it is (I am horrid at those modes) :wink: but if the poor sportsmanship I saw tonight within the last hour or two are anything to go by, I’m pretty sure those morals and ethics are just for the fora, and when you’re playing them in ground modes you’re not getting a true representation of their claims.

3) I’m never going to realistically get the last two SF milestones I need (Slave 1 and Han Falc missile kills) on real players. I managed to go from 9 kills with S1 at the start of the weekend, to 20 just now; 0 to 5 with Han Falc. I did that by purposely aiming for AI.

People complained about the Tallie Saviour Kills but I find these missile ones much harder. I got Tallie’s kills before the update re the squad system yet still, these S1 and HanFalc ones are killers!

4) it seems infantry players would have you believe that SFA is an unbalanced mess with poor gameplay and rounds full of exploiters. This is not the case. It’s about ego. I think a lot of people got a shock this weekend when, having a bash at Starfighters, they realised they don’t slay like they do on the ground. Us SFA mainers have spent over a year honing our skills just like you have on the ground, so don’t feel bad when you get slaughtered. But similarly, don’t throw your toys out the pram.

Those are the things that really stick out for me - a mix of what I witnessed online over the weekend, and on these here fora.

I’m over the moon because my achievements have been:

ReyFalc from lvl 11 greens to lvl 25 purple
    Han Falc from lvl 22 blue to lvl 25 purple
    Kylo Ren missile kills milestone
    (All my basic fighters are lvl 40, and all H/V ships are now minimum 25)

My only real target for this weekend was to get that hog of a Falcon (Rey’s) up to 25 and I’ve just finished doing so. What. A. Slog. (However I really like the banter she says).

Congratulations to all who’ve achieved something in SFA this weekend. We’ve been overlooked for so long! And thanks for playing with me!

Good times!

pH
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Well one of my biggest ‘feels’ came tonight: I changed ping to Virginia and for the first time ever saw someone from the forums here!

I don’t mean to sound soppy but it was Kinda cool seeing someone online from here.

And he stayed me. Lol

pH
    Sometimes we have to put down our lightsabers and help our friends in the air.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Well, it looks like """Triple XP""" weekend is over. I think it's safe to say that, in the proud tradition of DICE's track record with Starfighter modes, that this "event" was a total failure.

In the past, on a double XP weekend, I've been able to get 3 hero ships up to purple in Hero Starfighters, even with other modes thrown into the mix (GA, HvV). This weekend, I didn't even manage one purple ship, playing nothing but Hero Starfighters, along with a few rounds of SA.

We need an actual triple XP weekend, preferably with hero cap raised, HU style, for SA.

Edit: Oh wait, maybe it's not over yet. I just rechecked the time. Forgive me for not being able to tell by the amount of XP I'm (not) getting. :p

i lvl up Tallie from 26 to 40 and Rey from 26 to 31. playing SA only
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Well one of my biggest ‘feels’ came tonight: I changed ping to Virginia and for the first time ever saw someone from the forums here!

And he stayed me. Lol

pH

Yeah he is cool, except sometimes in HvV where he sorta just lays around
    2fwy721smdnr.jpg
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    ...I get a much better game on the US Virginia server (103-105 ms). Not once did I experience a noticeable lag, there were far more players and the games were smooth.
    I play on US Virginia servers (Xbox) and I've almost never had problems. My ping used to be 8-9ms but now, oddly, it's up to 65-70ms with no changes on my end. It's still smooth so no problems there.
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    ...Y’s ions and spawn camping.
    I've never had a problem with Ion cannons or spawn camping. Maybe I just don't see it even if it's there because I'm usually down around the Objective. If I'm defending, I'm shooting at the closest ship and wasting time going out to the edge is not good strategy for me when I'm going for kills. Y-Wings are big fat lumbering targets to pretty much any other ship. But they do amazing work at reducing the Objectives (DS Bombers are great too).
    4) it seems infantry players would have you believe that SFA is an unbalanced mess with poor gameplay and rounds full of exploiters.
    It's the exact opposite. SFA is the most balanced mode in the game. Criterion did a great job with ship balance. Hero ships don't usually dominate but can play a role in winning if the opponents let them get away with it. Dice didn't even try with the ground game, judging by how powerful Reinforcements and Heroes are compared to regular Troopers. It's probably just sour grapes.
    Falcon (Rey’s) ... (However I really like the banter she says).
    I love it when she says "They do realize this is the Millennium Falcon they're shooting at." And that they got Ridley to voice the lines is pretty cool.

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Managed to get all my villian ships to level 40, all my falcons are mid 20's, the rest of the heroes are mid 30's. Pretty good weekend, played mainly SA as hero starfighters didn't give as much xp. Was hoping to get everything maxed (my hero ships were the only things on my collection screen not maxed out), but I made quite a bit of progress.
  • I finished all my falcons from level 29 to 40. Han and Lando's were easily easily done first and second with Rey struggling along to survive.
    Han's and Boba's milestones are still left.
    I basically played the fighter and the A-wing. I only the play the bomber when shooting objectives.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I enjoyed the event. I've finally managed to get purple cards for my fighters, am one level off doing the same for bombers and got the interceptor to blue cards. At the same time, I also levelled up a few hero star fighters. Getting a game in starfighter assault didn't take long and perhaps because there were more players like me playing the spread of skill was a little more, meaning I got a couple of decent kill streaks every now and again.

I played a little hero star fighters on Friday. I've noticed people here saying they had problems getting games, getting stuck in lobbies where people disappear between rounds etc. and this is a problem with the mode at all times. I don't know what the answer is to make it better. I would say that if there is another triple xp event for star fighters in future, it is much easier to get hold of heroes in the normal starfighter assault mode ( I usually just about get enough points by the end of the game at which point it is too late ) and you can get a fair few points this way to level up.
  • Yes, great weekend.
    Brought, I think 6 Heroes to lvl 12 where they really begin to work right.
    And had one mega round where I made Poe from lvl 14 to 18.
    All in SA as in the Heores version I was waiting ages in the lobby, seeing people join and drop, or join and drop in between the rounds.
  • jonci
    982 posts Member
    Guess after the realisation that:
    a, People were camping in hero selection screen in SA;
    b, Hero mode wasn't working as intended until Sunday i believe (still not convinced either mode gave me the 3 x XP.

I decided after much grumping about the XP or lack there of, to play as much as i could so:
    • Friday - 4 hours.
    • Saturday - 8 hours.
    • Sunday - 6 hours.

So i got-
    • Han from 26 to 40
    • Luke - 22 - 40
    • Maul 22 - 40
    • Kylo 26 - 40
    • Iden 18 - 34
    • Lando 18 - 33
    • Rey 20 - 33
    All other ships were already there,
    Managed 0 missile kills for bobba so stuck at 36 of 50
    Managed 6 missile kills for Han, (yes tried the AI ships but missiles never hit them even after lock on lol), so am on 27 of 50.
    I just played and racked the points up best i could, frustrating in normal SA as difficult to get hero's some times, once i did, spent as much time as i could in hero ships hitting the Objectives or AI farming.
    Being limited to which ships are left to grind also proved painful in getting them (less choice if that makes sense).
    Hero SA was full in Europe, but wasted many hours in it on Saturday until realised the 3 x XP wasn't working, would have been all ships at 40 as would have been easier.
    Was it worth it? Partly, but had it been 3 x XP in both modes as advertised i could have done them in less time, and gotten the last 3 i need. Spoilt by the noobs out there who played and wouldn't stop moaning because they died a lot, the regular players will hammer you, if you don't like it don't play SA go do Tetris or something.
    To the person chimping about groups who were teamed up, your reporting them for being in a group, get real there is nothing against teams in the rules you ******* ******.
    To the spawn campers thanks i racked up tons of kills against you garbage.
    To the hero selection campers why bother you didn't last long and i saw a lot of people hiding at the back, doing nothing so that's why yo probably didn't get the level ups.
    But it was fun murdering.